Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
A Bothersome Transfer [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
A Bothersome Transfer [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
A Bothersome Transfer [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
A Bothersome Transfer [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
A Bothersome Transfer [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
A Bothersome Transfer [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
A Bothersome Transfer [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
A Bothersome Transfer [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
A Bothersome Transfer [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

2 posters

A Bothersome Transfer [Closed]

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

A Bothersome Transfer [Closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Bothersome Transfer [Closed]

Post by Serenity Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:01 am

A Bothersome Transfer [Closed] - Page 2 Amelia4_zpsd2294ef8

Amelia stayed silent and let him explain. "A family legacy..." she thought after he finished. She heard a splash in the water and glanced off for a moment. Even when she heard him come back up, she said nothing. She wasn't sure what to say. She wasn't sure of anything at this moment. "That's enough..." she dunked herself once more, rinsing off a bit before she stepped out of the bath. A cool breeze swept over her body, so she hurried over to her dry towel. Before picking it up, she squeezed the water from her hair. Then she picked up the towel and wrapped it around her. She was about to head right back inside when she realized she hadn't answered him. "I don't know yet... I don't want to give my answer right now, but I will soon, okay? You still have me until Zakat, so it's not like I'll be vanishing any time soon." Amelia said with little confidence in her tone, "Just give me some time to think on it... please." Something about him made her nervous, but not in a bad way. She didn't understand it, but she wanted to help him. She knew it was probably the mentioning of his sister. Unlike her, he had family waiting for him and she didn't want him dying out there, looking for something he may never find.

No matter his reply, Amelia could say nothing more then, "Goodnight." She hurried out of the bath and up to her room, holding the dry towel around her body as she hurried on. She figured Adrian would be getting out soon and didn't want to be caught with only a towel on in the middle of the inn. When she entered her room, she locked it and then picked up her sword to set it on the side table next to the bed. Without anything else to do, she collapsed onto the comfortable piece of furniture and let out a relaxed breath. "Finally... somewhere to sleep..." Amelia thought happily as she curled into a blanket. Though it wouldn't be soft to most people, it was to her. It wasn't often that she was able to sleep in a bed. In fact, this was her first time. It didn't take her long to fall asleep. She fell asleep so relaxed that it felt like only a few minutes when she woke up the next morning. A light shined through an open window and lit up her face, the sun warmed up the room to a comfortable temperature and Amelia rolled over on her back and stretched out. She hadn't even noticed the fact that she fell asleep in the towel. Laying on her back, she began thinking of the night before. Her wounds were gone, she met someone, she became free once more, and had something she needed to think pretty hard before. "Should I travel with him?" she thought, continuing to lay there comfortably, allowing her mind to wander through the pro's and con's of traveling with a male.
    Dai
    Dai
    The Oh-So-Sexy Admin

Job/hobbies : Student, Writer, Actor, Badass.
    Humor : Sarcastic, with a minor dash of pervy.

A Bothersome Transfer [Closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Bothersome Transfer [Closed]

Post by Dai Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:36 am

"I don't know yet... I don't want to give my answer right now, but I will soon, okay? You still have me until Zakat, so it's not like I'll be vanishing any time soon. Just give me some time to think on it... please." His heart dropped to his stomach, and he almost wanted to just give up that idea then and there. No, giving up was the wrong thing to do. Letting out a long breath of air, Adrian slowly stood up in the water and felt it drip down off of it. He shivered--his body was exposed to the chilled air and cooling down fast. "Goodnight." He quickly turned towards the wall and almost opened his mouth to say something stupid--his intelligence got the better of him and he closed his trap for a moment, before opening it properly. "Goodnight, Amelia." Although she wouldn't be able to see it, there was a definite smile on his face--something he hadn't been able to do for quite some time now.

He waited for a few seconds and trudged out of the bath, clambering up the sides and recovering his towel. It was wrapped around him, and then his entire body was covered with the robe. He took his steps slowly, but realized that his wounds were all bar healed. Safe with this knowledge, Adrian made his way up the stairs and to his own room, looking quietly at Amelia's closed door for a moment before entering. Pushing his worries aside, Adrian wandered into the room and basically fell onto the bed with a grunt. He didn't recall when sleep came, but he certainly remembered the dream that he had.

He was running down a long cavern, feet slapping loudly against the ground and the sounds of his breathing echoing in the darkness. He wasn't sure if he was running towards something or running from it. All he knew was that he was scared, and that he had to move as quickly as possible. Images flashed before his eyes, but he couldn't see them--all he could see was the end of the tunnel, and his sister's smiling face. The images were that of people--Amelia, his parents, faces of the people he'd killed for his cause... and it occurred to him--those images were life. Life was passing him by. And as he continued running towards his sister, he watched her face change. Slowly, it changed. It changed from the beauty of his sister, into something unrecognisable, similar and irrevocably... demonic. It laughed, launched itself at him and then everything went black.

Adrian awoke in a cold sweat. His entire body shook heavily, and he sat up in his bed, looking out across it while he breathed deeply. The light shone through the curtains, and he recognized it as morning time. His body croaked in protest, but he fought through it and clambered to his feet, standing and stretching out before moving to his clothes and putting them on. He felt the cloth cover his figure and felt safe. Even safer, when the swords were clipped onto his back. With a smirk, Adrian pushed open his door and stepped into the hallway... just in time for Amelia to leave as well, it seemed.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:54 am

A little time of relaxation and thought passed her by and she decided it was time to get up. A low growl from her stomach confirmed the decision. "I'm hungry...." Amelia said blandly as she stood up from bed. She walked over to her clothes and sighed. Her clothes were dirty. What the hell was she supposed to wear now? If she put these on, she would have to take another bath. Could she wash them? If so, where? It was only a few hours passed dawn; they didn't have to head out just yet, so she decided to wash her clothes in the sink of the provided bathroom. At the moment, there was nothing else to where, so she grabbed a robe from the back of the bathroom door and wrapped it around herself. She stepped out of her room to go inform Adrian of her girly issues and noticed him exiting his room. "Morning..." she said kindly and stepped over to him, "I have to wash my clothes. There is no way in hell I am stepping out of this inn with those on me. They're dirty, full of sweat, dirty, and smell like those men." Amelia held her nose and stuck out her tongue in a childish manner to emphasize how horrible the clothes smelled. Letting go of her childish demeanor, she raised her arms and stretched a bit before dropping them back down to her side.

"After that, do we have enough money to get something to eat?" Amelia asked. Yes, she said 'we'. He may be holding it, but she was there too. Part of that money was hers, whether he liked it or not. "I'm hoping there's something around here where we can buy a cooked meal. I got some food in the bag from that Tavern, but I wouldn't mind something more... cooked. Hahaha." Amelia smiled and rubbed the back of her head, not exactly sure what she meant, "So, how was your sleep?" Amelia asked as she stepped back into her room, leaving the door open. She didn't pay any mind to it, but she was pretty much inviting him in to talk or something. Her clothes were hanging over the bath to dry now, so it was going to take some time before they could just leave. "Last night was awesome. I feel so much better. I haven't ever slept so soundly." she said a few moments after she entered her room, before giving him a chance to answer for himself.
    Dai
    Dai
    The Oh-So-Sexy Admin

Post by Dai Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:48 am

"Morning." She was wearing a robe that fell nicely over her body, and Adrian stopped short to watch her for a moment, silently. He waited for her to recognize his greeting, at which she spoke and then moved in his general direction. "I have to wash my clothes. There is no way in hell I am stepping out of this inn with those on me. They're dirty, full of sweat, dirty, and smell like those men." He chuckled, looking down at his own clothing which he had haphazardly thrown aside. It was probably just a little bit dirty, covered in blood, muck and a definite amount of sweat. It probably wasn't a bad idea to get it washed either. He tapped his chin for a moment, but deciding against it just placed his hands on his hips. "After that, do we have enough money to get something to eat?" He thought for a moment, and nodded.

"More than enough, definitely." He got what she meant by 'we', sort of. He realized that she was taking claim in the money that they had taken from the mercs, and he wasn't going to argue against that right. He'd split what was left with her if they did part ways, because this money was going to take them very far no matter what. At least two weeks, give or take--as long as they didn't spend it frivolously. Or get it stolen. Not that he'd let it. Watching her now, she spoke a little bit and then asked him how his sleep was. He just nodded in response, not really trying to give details. The images that haunted his nightmares were still fresh in his memory. He hadn't noticed that she had wandered back into her room, let alone the fact that she'd left it open to let him in.

Finally snapping out of his small daze, he noticed where she'd gone and followed her to the door, standing by the portal and leaning against it to watch her. "Last night was awesome. I feel so much better. I haven't ever slept so soundly." He let a brief smirk cross his lips, before looking to the side and sighing. "I could've slept better, but it was definitely the nicest bed I've slept on in a long time." He laughed softly and straightened up. "If you want, I can go and see if there's anyone in town who does a nice hot meal. Or," He looked at her with a soft smile, "I can stick around here with you." He offered her the choice. If she told him to go look for food, he'd give her a wave, a goodbye and wander off to search. If she accepted his offer to remain around, then he would finally breach that barrier and enter her room unabated.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:11 am

Amelia was happy to hear that they had enough money. For once, she would be able to eat decently. As he entered her room, she sat down on the bed and laid back, flinging her arms off to the side and letting her hair fly everywhere. "Don't stand there with the door open." she said, turning her head towards him as she lay there, "If you're gonna come in, come in!" She didn't mean to sound bossy, but she didn't want anyone who may have come to the inn to pass by and get any weird ideas. They were a male and female standing in the same inn room, ya know! "And I don't know... My clothes are going to take a while to dry, so you don't have to stay here if you don't want to." Amelia said with a little irritation in her tone. She wasn't irritated at him, but at the fact that she had nothing else to wear and was stuck here. Of course, he wouldn't know that, so she sighed and sat up. "I hate not having anything else... The moment I get a job, I'm buying some clothes." Amelia said with a determined smile, "Yep... That's what is going to happen." She looked out the open window and dazed off a bit. She began fantasizing about things she had always dreamed of, causing a gentle smile to come to her face.

"I'll get a job, a home, settle down with some man one of these days, have a couple kids, and raise them to do the same..." Amelia said a she leaned against the bed frame. It took a moment, but she snapped out of her own little world and looked towards Adrian with a curious gaze. "Well... that's my dream. What's yours?" Amelia asked him, scooting herself onto the bed more and then curling herknees up to her chest. She pat the bed in front of her, motioning for him to sit down if he wanted. At least he knew he had permission to do so. He may not have been the most proper guy, but she knew that he had enough since to not sit down on her bed, right next to her, when she was half naked, and without permission.
    Dai
    Dai
    The Oh-So-Sexy Admin

Post by Dai Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:36 am

"And I don't know... My clothes are going to take a while to dry, so you don't have to stay here if you don't want to." There was obvious irritation in her voice, and Adrian wondered if it would be more intelligent of him to just back off and let her be--but she quickly sat up and made her intentions clear. Ah, so that was what her irritations were. Deciding that he'd been invited in, he stepped unto the breach and shut the door behind him. "I'm pretty sure we have enough money to get you some new clothes, too. I took about three thousand from those beasts. Only cost us fifty to get two rooms. I think we're okay." He laughed softly, and then noticed her look away with a rather wistful gaze in her eye. "I'll get a job, a home, settle down with some man one of these days, have a couple kids, and raise them to do the same..." He blinked a couple of times, Well... that's my dream. What's yours?"

She scooted back on the bed, brought her knees up under her arms and patted the bed beside her, inviting him to take a seat. He took a moment and then slowly made his way to sit beside her, placing a hand on his knee and breathing out. What was his dream, exactly? He'd never really put much thought into it. "I... don't really have one right now. I have a goal, and that's to fulfill my family's challenge. I have a purpose, and that's to ensure my sister's life. But as for a dream... I don't know. I guess you could say that I haven't ever had a chance to dream for myself." He chuckled softly and looked to the side, letting a couple of seconds pass awkwardly, before breaking the silence again, "But I guess you could say that's why I travel. I know what people want of me--I want to know what I want of me, you know? I guess it seems a bit silly." He laughed to himself and stretched out, shaking his head.

"So you said that... people were after you because you knew secrets? Do you think these people are going to come after you again?" He asked, a slightly worried tone to his voice. He was wondering exactly what kinds of people would want such a young woman for themselves. It almost sickened him.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:09 am

Like any woman, Amelia liked to dream, think about the future, what could happen, what she wanted to happen. It was nice to have a dream; it meant she had something to look forward to, a reason to live. Without it, she doubted she'd be able to continue on living. What would be the point? She listened to his answer and it brought up a few questions. For one, it was a challenge? He had to travel around the world to complete a challenge? It sounded like a game or something. She had originally thought the pieces were spread about to protect something, or to prevent them from falling into the wrong hands, but it's a challenge. "Interesting..." was all she could think on that part, but the biggest question was about his sister. He mentioned her last night, but didn't seem to want to talk about her at all. By his brief mentioning of her now, she was either kidnapped and held against her will, sick, or had some sort of curse on her. Either way, he wanted to protect her. "How sweet..." Amelia thought and smiled sweetly towards him, "So that's why he got into the bad side of life..." The realization made her feel slightly bad, especially when she thought back to what she had said to him before, when they first met. No wonder he changed his mind so easily. Not only had she struck a chord with him by saying things about his family being disappointed in his actions, but she had likely hurt his feelings at the time. "Oh well. I regret nothing. It got him here." she thought, deciding not to say a damn thing about her previous words.

"Goals are short term... at least that's how I see it. I have a goal to get to Zakat, to see the Emperor..." Amelia began explaining, "A dream is long term, where you want to be, what you want to be...." Amelia's tone lowered a bit when she thought of it. Then, by that logic, what was her dream? A family is technically a goal, right? Right. Then her dream is to be cared about, but there was one more she had. And ironically, he brought it to her mind right then. "So you said that... people were after you because you knew secrets?" she looked to him as he spoke again. "Yeah..." she replied, wondering what that had to do with anything. "Do you think these people are going to come after you again?" he asked and she let her head fall back against the bed frame. She let out a sigh and nodded slightly. "Yeah. They will. I doubt they'll ever leave me alone..." she said and then pushed up a smile. She had come to her own realization. She did have a second dream: to be free.
    Dai
    Dai
    The Oh-So-Sexy Admin

Post by Dai Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:08 am

"Goals are short term... at least that's how I see it. I have a goal to get to Zakat, to see the Emperor... A dream is long term, where you want to be, what you want to be...." Well, yes, he knew that already. He wasn't a fool, nor was he a child. It wasn't that he didn't know what a dream was, it was that he didn't exactly know what his dream would be. He wanted to know, and he wanted to make a dream for himself... but all he had were goals right now. He asked her his questions about her past, and about how she was being chased--"Yeah. They will. I doubt they'll ever leave me alone..." He blinked a couple of times and breathed out, letting a long exhalation of air leave his lips and create a tendril of steam into the morning cool. Alright.

"Well, that's just more reason for me to stick around, isn't it? I can't have saved you and then let your life go to waste because of this bastards," He laughed softly and got to his feet with a smirk, "So you may want to go and check on your clothing. I'm going to go and make sure I've got everything from my room, wash down my face and then prepare to go." He turned towards her and nodded--"We need to get something in our stomachs, and then get our feet towards Zakat and its capital. We've got a long way to go and all day to get there." Suddenly, he grinned--a grin from Adrian was unusual, and maybe slightly worrying. He had plans now, and nothing was going to get in the way of his goddamn plans. He took a step forwards to leave, and then turned around slightly to smile at her, none of the aggressiveness from the grin present. "I'm sure that, some way or another, your dreams will come true." Invigorated, he left the room and cleared out his stuff, making sure that he had everything he needed for the day ahead. It wasn't like him to be so energetic, but he'd suddenly come to a decision. He had a new goal--not a dream, but a goal.

Keep her happy. Keep her safe. Keep her alive.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:47 am

"Well, that's just more reason for me to stick around, isn't it?" he said, causing Amelia to narrow her eyes at him a bit, though not in anger. "I don't want you feeling like you're obligated to say around, Adrian." she said in reply and then calmed her expression again.

"I can't have saved you and then let your life go to waste because of this bastards."

"I guess, but..."

"So you may want to go and check on your clothing. I'm going to go and make sure I've got everything from my room, wash down my face and then prepare to go."

"Alright, if you're sure you wanna go now..." she said in slight confusion. Something about him perked up a bit, but she couldn't tell what it was. He got so... aggressive, like he was in a hurry or pumped up to do something. It was entertaining to watch, especially with the smile he just sent her way, but at the same time it was confusing and hard to read. "We need to get something in our stomachs, and then get our feet towards Zakat and its capital. We've got a long way to go and all day to get there." he said and took a step to leave again, but again stopped and turned around to her. She merely blinked a few times and stared when he said his final words before leaving. "I'm sure that, some way or another, your dreams will come true..." she repeated that little moment in her mind a couple of times, staring at the closed door after he left. Amelia dropped her legs from her chest and just sat there relaxed. His words struck a chord with her in a way that she understood completely. Something about him made her think that yes, her dreams would come true. "Hm..." she blinked once, "I wonder if he's... No, no, no..." Amelia shook her head and got her mind off that subject. She stood up and removed the robe from her body, tossing it onto the bed. Heading into the bathroom, she looked at her clothes. They were mostly dry, but a few spots were still a little wet.

"Oh well, they'll dry while I'm outside." she mumbled and began getting dressed. A few minutes passed and she walked into the other room, dressed, and then grabbed her sword and placed it at her side. She then grabbed the bag of stuff she had gotten and tossed it over her shoulder. Heading out of the inn room, she began her way over to Adrian's and knocked a couple of times. "Hey, if you're in there, I'm ready to get going, so I'll meet you outside. I'm gonna feed the horses." she said and then headed down stairs without waiting for a reply. As she stepped outside, she looked around and saw nothing out of the ordinary, except- "Where the fuck are the horses?" Amelia hurried over to the post and looked around. The people in the town were up and walking around like normal, but their horses were fucking gone. "Hey!" Amelia said as she ran inside and talked to the innkeeper, "You see our horses?" The man just shook his head and went on doing his own thing. Annoyed, Amelia looked around at everyone in the entire village with a look of anger on her face. She just knew that one of these bastards must have stolen them. "God damn it! Why the hell did we not put them in a stable or something?" she kicked the inn's wall and let out a yell that caught the attention of a few people. They looked to her like she was some sort of freak. Amelia looked back and yelled, "WHAT!?" before they continued on her way. From there, Amelia sat down and placed her elbows on her knees and her forehead in her hands, thinking about what they were going to do now.

"Why I trusted a bunch of random bastards in a random town to not steal random horses. I'm an idiot."
    Dai
    Dai
    The Oh-So-Sexy Admin

Post by Dai Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:20 am

"Hey, if you're in there, I'm ready to get going, so I'll meet you outside. I'm gonna feed the horses." He nodded and shouted back out a random noise in reply, before continuing to finish preparing to leave. He would need to be at his fullest for the day ahead. Quickly moving into the bathroom, he took some water into his hands and splashed his face with a quick movement. Feeling better and a bit more refreshed, he dried himself off and looked up, seeing his reflection within the mirror. He found himself caught for a moment, staring at his features. They'd certainly been weathered over time, and he looked much older than he would originally do. It made him wonder just what he'd become over the years. He stared for a moment longer--and then out of the corner of his eye, a reflection showed up. It was the face from his dream--he shouted out and backed up, turning around to see what was behind him... but there was nothing. Nothing at all. It had just been his imagination. Shivering at the thought, he left the washroom and calmly collected the last of his goods. With a measured step he wandered down the stairs and out into the morning light.

"God damn it! Why the hell did we not put them in a stable or something?" Stopping short, Adrian blinked and turned a corner to see a rather angry--and yet still lovely looking--Amelia. Beside her was the post that they had tied their horses to. Surprise surprise, there were no horses there. He sighed and shook his head. "I guess that when I said putting feet to ground, I was telling the future." He laughed nervously, but inside he was pissed off. Some fuckers had stolen the horses--they were going to take ages to get to Zakat now. At least he wasn't in complete and utter pain anymore. He would make the walk, at least until they found another source of horses. He let out a long breath and placed his hands on his hips, staring up at the road from whence they came.

"Why I trusted a bunch of random bastards in a random town to not steal random horses. I'm an idiot." He looked down at her, noticing that she was curled up in a rather unfortunate position. He gave it some thought himself, turning again to look at this road that they were going to have to traverse at some point or another. "There's a chance that we're going to just have to walk for as far a distance as we can, Amelia. It's not what we want, or what we need--but I'm sure that another opportunity for traveling at high speeds will appear before us." He nodded confidently, before turning back to her and reaching out his hand to help her up onto her feet. "Come on, now. We need to get you to Zakat, right?" He smiled softly at her, waiting for her response in this situation. If she accepted his help, he'd happily help her to her feet--though as he stepped back, he'd trip on a rock and bring her down with him, landing on his back with her on top of him. If she didn't accept his help, then obviously things wouldn't come to pass in this fashion.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:43 am

"Yeah, I didn't want to have to walk to Zakat." Amelia said in irritation. She saw his hand out of the corner of her eyes and blinked a couple times. She looked up to him and stared for a moment. "Come on, now. We need to get you to Zakat, right?" he said and smiled at her. She was able to push up a small smile and happily took his hand. "Alright, fine... Let's get go-..." Amelia was suddenly pulled down by the weight of Adrian's body when he somehow lost his balance and fell backwards. As she fell, she let out a high pitched squeak and ended up right on top of him, her hands gripping his shirt out of instinct. "Ow... Are you o-" Amelia stopped mid sentence when she realized the position they had gotten themselves into. Her eyes snapped open rather wide and she pushed herself off of him as quickly as she could. "I.. Uh.. Sorry about that." Amelia said, dusting her clothes off and looking away, "Well let's get going." Amelia began walking towards the south end of the town and turned right back around once she realized this. "We need to go that way..." Amelia said pointing north, "That way." She felt like an idiot. Her face was redder than it ever had been before and her heart was racing. Not only had she allowed herself to fall on him, but she grabbed onto him as if she was instinctively looking to him for some sort of assistance. Not wanting to stop and face him at the moment, she kept on walking up the town, forgetting about her hunger and doing her best to keep a steady pace. "Such an idiot, such an idiot, such an idiot..." she thought over and over again.

Finally, her attention was caught by a low rumble in her stomach, both sound and feeling. "Oh right..." she thought and then looked around. Did she really want to eat here? These people had stolen their horses, pretty much leaving them stranded in this place. They were going to be forced to walk all the way to Zakat or buy new horses from some place. They couldn't afford any of the modern ways of transportation, so they were pretty much screwed now. Amelia let out a low sigh and then just kept on walking. "This town is full of liars and thieves." she said loud enough for anyone to hear her, "There is no way in hell I'm paying any of you bastards for food when you can't even be honest enough to leave someone else's belongings alone... Pathetic bunch of assholes, the lot of ya." Amelia was saying this shit to make sure people heard what she thought of the people in this town. At the same time, she was trying to instigate some sort of fight. Yes, she was angry enough to start a fight at the moment. All she had to do was strike a nerve in one cocky idiot and it'd happen, it'd happen. She continued walking, saying insults to the people of the town, hoping and waiting for someone to say something.
    Dai
    Dai
    The Oh-So-Sexy Admin

Post by Dai Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:03 am

Well, wasn't this an interesting position to be in? It took him a moment to come out of his fallen-over stupor, but when he finally realized that he was on his back, something else was squished up against him. He felt something soft pushed up against his chest, and looked to see that Amelia's eyes were right in front of his, and that she was on top of him. Within a moment, her eyes widened and she pushed herself away, "I.. Uh.. Sorry about that." He nodded and didn't say anything, instead slowly getting to his feet with a groan. That kinda hurt his back, though he wouldn't mention anything about it to Amelia right now. He was sure that it was nothing. Instead, he looked down the path with a soft sigh. It was going to be a long walk to Zakat, wasn't it? He noticed the redness of Amelia's face out of the corner of his eye and swallowed a little--he hadn't expected such an awkward situation to arise from him tripping over a rock, and he wasn't sure if he wanted to talk to her at this point. He was a little bit embarrassed. Ah well. Chuckling to himself, he placed a hand on his hip, and then something happened that he didn't expect.

Amelia started getting grouchy and talking loudly. He'd heard a light growl from her, assumed to be hunger. "This town is full of liars and thieves. There is no way in hell I'm paying any of you bastards for food when you can't even be honest enough to leave someone else's belongings alone... Pathetic bunch of assholes, the lot of ya." She was being loud, obnoxious and attempting to piss off whomever she could. What was the point of that? Was she trying to incite a fight? He questioned her purposes, but not her motives. He was pissed off too; he just wasn't showing it as readily as she. Instead, he was biding his time, waiting for someone to throw a punch at her. If they did, he would step in and release all of this aggression. Oh yes he would.

Within moments, someone stepped forwards and shouted at her. The next moment, someone else did--someone wearing similar colors to the first. Not wanting to keep things waiting, Adrian jumped into the fray first with a howl, charging down the man right in front of him and planting his fist into his stomach. The punch was forceful enough to knock him off of his feet and onto his back. He groaned and tried to get up, but Adrian kicked him while he was down. "Do you know what happens when you steal my stuff? You piss me off." The man shouted out and Adrian felt another presence behind him, turning around and sending a roundhouse kick into the stomach of the fool who had jumped at him. Beside him, he was sure that he heard Amelia fighting just as hard. Somehow, they had incited a brawl in the middle of this town. Men and women were on the sidelines, shouting cheers for either side of the fight--and there were more guys on the enemy than just these few. And yet Adrian didn't mind. He felt like letting loose. What the hell. Why not?
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:51 pm

Yes! Her plan of instigation worked! Oh joy! Amelia was in a state of embarrassment and anger; it wasn't the best of combinations for her. "You got a problem, ya little bitch?!" one man shouted at her. "Yeah, I do. One of you fuckers in this town decided it was okay to steal the horses that were outside of the inn!" Amelia yelled back, the man stepping up into her face. Amelia stood her ground, a look of anger on her face when this bastard thought using his height was going to intimidate her. She was not in the mood. Another came shouting at her, insulting her as well and she was ready to punch him in the face, but Adrian stepped in and stepped into his gut. The first guy went to strike Adrian, but Amelia stepped between rather quickly and sent a rather well-placed and strong punch to the middle of his face. She could feel the cartilage from his nose collapsing from the force for the mere moment that they collided. "Ahh!" the man yelled, grabbing his face while blood gushed down it. Amelia glanced over to Adrian and smirked with a since of victory in her expression. If one were to think about it, they would realize why Amelia needed to release some anger. First, she was chased, saved, attacked again, kidnapped, beaten, starved, lost her stuff, fought, killed, got her stuff back, and now her shit had been stolen. Who wouldn't need a damn release after all of that!?

"Where are our horses!?" Amelia yelled as she began fighting full on. Men charged her and Adrian and with each attack they attempted, Amelia was able to counter or dodge it. No one seemed to be able to lay a hand on her; this was actually a first. It was just the fact that these men weren't warriors; they didn't train or fight. They were regular laborers, so the amount of training that Amelia did have gave her an advantage. "Where are they!?" she screamed out and suddenly a woman's voice echoed out, screaming for the fighting to stop. Everyone of the villagers stopped and backed away from Amelia and Adrian. Amelia calmed down and looked towards the woman with narrowed eyes. "What is it you're looking for here?" the woman asked. "We stayed in the inn for the night, came out, and someone stole our horses. There is no way, after everything I have had to deal with in the past month, that I am walking my ass back to Zakat, so where are they!?" Amelia stomped her foot in anger, tightening her fist as she stared at the woman. "And you chose to start a fight because of this?" the woman asked. "Yes." Amelia said without any hesitation. "Someone find them some horses." the woman said and a few men ran off in different directions. Amelia immediately became dumbfounded.

"Is that all it takes..?" she said in a whisper to Adrian as she stepped up beside him, "Start a fight in this town and they give you what you want... interesting. Hehe..." Amelia let out a soft giggle, feeling a little better knowing that she wasn't going to have to walk back. She didn't think she'd be able to make that trip. A bit of good luck after all...

Note: You can decide whether they actually bring horses or have some other plan up their sleeve.
    Dai
    Dai
    The Oh-So-Sexy Admin

Post by Dai Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:27 am

Unlike Amelia, Adrian was definitely feeling the punches that were thrown. He wasn't nearly as agile as she was--he was more of a strength-based fighter. As such, he didn't dodge nearly as many blows as she was, instead being knocked around a bit while he fought back. He didn't mind; the pain wasn't much compared to what he'd felt the day before. Frankly, nothing would ever hurt as much as that had. It had numbed him to normal pain, somewhat. Taking this fact in his stride, Adrian made sure to take the brunt of the blows without fear or worry. He would guide these men to the ground below, ensuring their quick defeat. A couple more men landed on the ground, when a woman shouted out and confronted them. Amelia replied in kind, explaining to her the reason that she had for instigating this fight. Normally, Adrian wouldn't have taken any sides here--but this time he stood beside Amelia and nodded fiercely. He didn't speak, he simply showed his stance. A few of the men shuffled uncomfortably, since they were much larger than he, yet he managed to somehow roll through them with his attacks and beat them all with ease. They were understandably worried about the young man with the pair of swords on his back, just as much as they were worried about the loud-mouthed, lithe and beautiful woman beside him.

"Is that all it takes..?" Amelia whispered to him, as the situation had been resolved. Was it really all that it took? "Start a fight in this town and they give you what you want... interesting. Hehe..." Adrian's eyes narrowed. He was worried. It was too easy--even with the massive brawl. Adrian's fears were confirmed, when only one horse turned the corner, being lead by a rather grumpy looking man. He trudged over to Amelia, leading it behind him and handing her the rein. "Here's your horse. Your boyfriend can walk." He sneered, turned around and walked away. Adrian felt compelled to shout that he wasn't her boyfriend, but instead just shot a glare at the man and turned around. "It's not worth it. I can walk--it's nothing. I don't think you'd want to share the horse with me, after all." He simply started trudging out of the town, feeling the hating eyes of the people on his back as he walked. He wasn't even sure if Amelia was following him right now--he just wanted to leave. This town felt wrong to him. He didn't know why, but it simply did. It was as if all these people weren't as human as they claimed to be--but maybe he was just reading this place wrong...
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:00 am

"One horse?" Amelia glared at the old man and then back to the woman, "You fuckers stole two and you repay us by giving one horse?!" This only intensified her anger. She was fighting the strong urge to grab her sword and use it to tear through this entire town without mercy. The man walked up to her with the horse and handed her the reins, "Here's your horse. Your boyfriend can walk." It took all that Amelia had not to smack the bastard across the face. She gripped the reins tightly and examined the horse. It looked healthy, strong, well taken care of. At least they weren't the type of assholes that would give her a sick horse. "It's not worth it. I can walk--it's nothing. I don't think you'd want to share the horse with me, after all." Amelia turned her head towards Adrian who just began walking out of the town. She watched him for a few moments and turned back to the woman. "If there is a single thing wrong with this horse, I will be back." Amelia said with one of those smiles that seemed innocent, but were obviously quite threatening, "And it won't be a good day for any person in this town, okay?" The woman blinked a few times in shock and then Amelia hopped onto her new horse. She hurried the horse off towards Adrian and came up beside him. "Don't be stupid. Get on the damn horse." she said, pulling the horse up in front of him and stopping him from walking. She couldn't care less if they were sharing the saddle. Once he'd get on the horse, she'd turn their direction north and they would begin their journey back to Zakat. If he chose not to get on the horse, she'd hop right off and walk along side him.

"It's probably going to take a week or so to get there." Amelia said a couple hours later, after some decent travel through flat land, the two of them finally came to a forest, if you could call it that. It felt more like a jungle. Forests seem to be just tall trees growing all together, a jungle is wild like this place. Trees grew oddly, vines hung from the branches, it all felt damp and was hard to maneuver through. As the horse attempted to step up a hill, his hoof caught on vines and he began to panic. "Whoa! Calm down, calm down..." Amelia did her best to comfort the animal, rubbing the back of his head and patting the side of his neck. She looked up and examined the area. This place was impenetrable, especially by horse. "I... don't know where to go... I know we're finally in Zakat, but we have to go through this forest." Amelia said, her tone obviously full of worry, "... I don't know what to do now." Amelia actually signaled the horse to back up a bit and then turned him around. She had him walk back a few feet and stop on flat ground so he wouldn't fall. "I guess now is the perfect time to take a break." she said and waited for Adrian to hop off the horse so she could. Once he did, she hopped off and just stared into the thick, dark jungle in front of them. This place was frightening to her; it's appearance was intimidating.
    Dai
    Dai
    The Oh-So-Sexy Admin

Post by Dai Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:13 pm

Let's be clear here. Saddles are not made for two people. When Adrian found himself sitting behind Amelia in the saddle of this horse, he found himself pushed up... rather close to Amelia's body. He felt her warmth pushed into his and mingling with it. He could smell her scent from just this short distance. Each of her movements brushed up against him. It was both uncomfortable and amazing for him to experience, though he tried his best to stop his thoughts from travelling down the path of the gutter-mind. He could've chosen not to get on the horse, sure. It would've probably been the smartest idea for him, and yet he realized that if he chose not to, then either way, they'd be going at his pace. A pace that would effectively triple the amount of time it took them to get from here to Zakat on horseback. That was not what he wanted. They needed to get to Zakat as soon as possible. With a grim smile, he rode along on the back of the horse with her, shuffling a little bit and feeling all of the bumps and grinds between them.

Eventually, he felt the horse slow a little. "It's probably going to take a week or so to get there." The girl in front of him noted, to which he simply nodded. It was going to take quite some time, and he wasn't sure that they'd make it even then. Especially if word got back to his old handlers. "They expect me in four days. We have until then to get as far from where we needed to be as possible." He received a glance back in response, just as the horse made a loud, panicked noise. "Whoa! Calm down, calm down..." She was definitely better at dealing with animals than he was... well, animals that weren't human, that is. He chuckled to himself and clambered off of the horse now, getting to ground and looking around at their surroundings. They were at the edge of what seemed to be a massive jungle. It could've been a forest, but he doubted it--jungles were different. Jungles made you feel like you were never going to get out of them. Jungles were terrifying. And if their position was correct and they were indeed back in Zakat, then it was most likely that they were at the edge of the Fell. To get through here would take a mission and a half. It might've been smarter for them to move across to Theoria and take a boat. Actually, that might be the best idea. He'd just have to make sure he either didn't get seen... or paid off a few guards. "... I don't know what to do now. I guess now is the perfect time to take a break." She hopped off of the horse and stared at the jungle. He stared at it too.

"So, we have two options," Adrian was the first to speak, "We could continue this way and make our way through the Fell Jungle. There's no guarantee that we'll make it through, to be honest. I don't know what's in that place, and I don't want to face anything that we can't handle. So we either travel through the Fell Jungle and maybe not make it out alive, or we skirt around the edge and travel to Theoria, where you were kidnapped before. Get there, pay off the local guard so they don't arrest me on the spot, and then take a boat to Iserlohn. Ferries are pretty cheap, from what I know." He folded his arms and looked around. It appeared that the path continued around the forest's edge. They should find their way from there, hopefully. It'd mean that he'd have to stay on the horse with her, but he was over it now. He just needed to be sure that they'd make it without him becoming an inmate. This was the path he'd taken from Theoria. They'd passed the hut about an hour beforehand.

"So those are our options. What do you think, Amelia? It's your show too." He really didn't want to tackle the jungle--and even if cutting through took a week or so off of their travel time, it could also add forever.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:23 pm

"One of two, huh?" Amelia said plainly as she sat down on a log and looked towards the ground as she listened to the options he gave. Frankly, she was more frightened of getting caught than anything. She'd rather face the jungle, but by his words he didn't really want to. Sure, the second option sounded better to most, but she didn't like it. "The Fell." she said bluntly after he stopped speaking. She hadn't even hesitated. She knew where she wanted to go, so unless he presented an argument to do otherwise, that's where she was going. She stood up and began taking off the horses saddle. "I'd rather die in the jungle than get caught by those bastards again." she told him as she tossed the saddle towards the side, "I doubt they'll move through that place; they're all cowards. And frankly I feel we have a better chance against a pack of tigers than an army Arcanicly enhanced barbarians with no self control." Amelia pulled the reins off the horse, removing the bit from it's mouth before tossing that off into the jungle. She pet the side of the horses head a couple of times and then looked back to Adrian. "What about you? You wanna risk getting caught, stripped naked, tied to a wall, and whipped by a large man with a liking for young boys?" Amelia had intentionally, completely manipulated her words to create a mental image that was horrifyingly familiar to something he had just been through. It was a horrible tactic, but she felt she needed to do it.

"Either way, I know which direction I am going in." Amelia said as she pulled her sword half out of her sheath, examined it, and slid it right back in, "What direction are you headed?" He could leave her alone if he wanted; she wasn't going to blame him if he decided to take what would be the safer route for himself. She knew this way would be better for her, so this was where she was going. Amelia gave him a moment to answer and then made her way into the jungle with or without him. It might of been harsh, being so willing to leave him there, but there was no way in hell she was getting caught again. She was making it to the City no matter what. She had somewhere to be, someone waiting for her. Until recently, she had never had that before, so there was no way she was giving it up.
    Dai
    Dai
    The Oh-So-Sexy Admin

Post by Dai Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:29 am

She decided to start convincing him that it was going to be better to go through the jungle, as opposed to doing the intelligent thing that following the path. And then, it occurred to him that maybe, just maybe, their enemies would decide that these kids were just going to take the path as well. And maybe they would send ahead reinforcements once they realized that their moneybag had escaped with a pretty decent amount of money that they'd stolen. It was starting to look more and more promising to take the jungle, before Amelia sweetened the deal even further: "What about you? You wanna risk getting caught, stripped naked, tied to a wall, and whipped by a large man with a liking for young boys?" She made a pretty damn good point, that girl. Letting out a long breath of exhausted air, Adrian looked back at the path before looking at the jungle once more. "Either way, I know which direction I am going in. What direction are you headed?" He let out another long breath of air that just screamed 'why do I get myself into this shit', before letting go of the horse's reins, taking the saddlebags off and hanging them around his shoulders. They smelled of horse-butt, but he wasn't taking a damn beast like this through the jungle. It'd be dead weight, and he didn't need any dead weight. Dead weight means dead adventurers. Kicking the horse in the rear, he sent it on its way before following Amelia into the thicket. He already knew that this was going to be trouble, but he didn't quite mention it to her. Instead, he'd simply follow her with a pensive expression, wondering how long it'd take them to get lost and helping her out whenever she needed to. He'd never been here before; he certainly didn't know which way he was going.

Of course, as a matter of course, they eventually got lost. Adrian was the first to point it out; a tree that he'd marked with a pretty distinctive mark. It had only been five minutes since they'd passed it, so they weren't completely lost, but it wasn't a good sign. He then noticed something else--a small clearing that let some nice sunlight down in through the trees and gave the dank depths a bit of fresh air. He nudged Amelia towards that with a grim nod. "If we don't get a bit of rest, we may just come across something that we're too tired to deal with. C'mon, we need to sit down. I might be able to climb a tree and get our bearings as well. Please." He stretched and, whatever her answer, started towards the clearing. He'd seen bulls (and politicians) less stubborn than this one, but he was sure that she was starting to feel a bit of a burn as well. They were a pretty good distance from the road, and it was unlikely that they had any way of flying in the air to scout them. They were basically safe here.

Dropping the saddlebags with a grunt, Adrian looked around the clearing with a cautious eye. There were a few animal tracks here and there, but nothing too major--though he did notice a game trail passing its way out of the clearing. He nodded towards that as well, making a remark: "Game trail. It'll lead to a watering hole, or a river. Either way, it's a lucky find. For now, though..." He nudged his swords off of his back and wandered over to a tree, placing his hands on it and testing it out. "Be right back," he said and began to climb the tree. It took him a couple of minutes to make it to a height that got him looking out over the canopy, but he couldn't see anything of interest. "I can't see much!" came the shout from the treetops as he lowered himself downwards, before looking back into the camp and seeing if anything had happened in the few minutes he'd been gone. For all he knew, she could've just run off on him. Wouldn't surprise him if she had. If she'd even followed him.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:39 pm

This was overly frustrating. Ai wasn't an idiot. She knew how to go straight. Why had they gotten lost? Because someone wanted to be the leader and decided to switch their direction. Ai would have rather jumped across a large cavern than change their direction. She wouldn't have taken a single turn, but no. Someone had to pretty much guarantee their getting lost. That is why she gave up and took the lead again, at least until he chose to speak up. "If we don't get a bit of rest, we may just come across something that we're too tired to deal with. C'mon, we need to sit down. I might be able to climb a tree and get our bearings as well. Please." he said and Ai froze for a minute. She had to fight not just yelling at him for getting them in this position in the first place. He wanted to point out the markings, fine, he could do that. He should have kept in one direction, but he chose not to. Now they were stuck and his tone felt like he was blaming her. It was taking all she had not to smack the living shit out of him.

And then, when she turned back to say something, he just walked away like it didn't matter what her decision was in the first place, which only angered her more. She glanced toward the clearing he was heading to and narrowed her eyes in irritation. "Fucking bastard." she mumbled under her breath as she glanced toward one of this marks, "Maybe next time he'll listen to someone but himself. If he had we wouldn't of walked around in circles in the first place." Annoyed as hell, she walked after him and leaned up against a tree, staring at him with an overly angry expression. It was obvious she blamed it all on him in the first place. "Game trail. It'll lead to a watering hole, or a river. Either way, it's a lucky find. For now, though..." he said and Ai rolled her eyes, looked away, and shook her head. What the fuck was a game trail anyway? She heard him doing something and looked back to see him start climbing a tree.

"I can't see much!" Ai heard him yell and groaned loudly. "No shit! Of course you don't see anything, why? This is a jungle. This thing covers over fifty miles of Zakat, how the hell are you going to see ANYTHING from the top of a tree?" Ai yelled at him as he began lowering himself, "You want to get to the other side, you walk. You keep walking in a straight line, hope you don't run into anything too dangerous, and you find the edge." Ai spoke as if this were common sense. It was actually kind of mean, but this situation was frustrating. It wouldn't be hard for the two of them to get mad enough at each other to say "fuck it" and go their separate ways. That was actually what she was even trying to avoid.

Dai
    Dai
    The Oh-So-Sexy Admin

Post by Dai Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:45 pm

Someone had obviously decided that it was his fault in getting them lost, as he could almost feel the cruel and uncaring aura coming from the girl behind or beside him. He almost wanted to groan out loud, to tell her that this was why he didn't want to go through the jungle--you never actually went in straight lines in the goddamn jungle, since direction would always be skewed. Your best hope was always to find a source of water and follow it; and even then you might not exactly find what you're looking for. He felt himself grumbling internally, wanting to turn around and shout at her even more--but he held his tongue and his brain, instead going along with the selfsame strategy that he'd gone along with before. He placed his hands on his hips and stood around in the clearing with a sigh.

"You want to get to the other side, you walk. You keep walking in a straight line, hope you don't run into anything too dangerous, and you find the edge." He held back for a moment, but let out a chuckle, shaking his head.

"It doesn't work as easily as that. How exactly do you know that you're going in a straight line when you do so? The problem with a jungle is that you have no landmarks, since everything is just tree. So if you can get your bearings and find a landmark above ground, then there's the chance that it'll be in a good place. As I said, there's a game trail there--effectively a road that animals use for their treks to water. If we follow it, we might find a river, or we might find sharp teeth. We can also go your way and continue to trek in a line through the jungle. I'll follow you this time." He almost said through grit teeth. He, frankly, wanted to be out of this jungle as quickly as possible. But he also didn't want to lose her in the jungle. If he lost her and got out, then it would haunt him for pretty much the rest of his life. Therefore, he had to take some liberties. This was most certainly one of them. Getting annoyed at her would make the situation worse, so he attempted to keep himself calm and in check. He'd even take abuse if he had to, simply so he could get her out alive.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:27 pm

Amelia was getting overly frustrated, so chuckling at her while she speaking to you is not the best idea. If she had been standing any closer to him, he would have had a rapid smack across the face hit him hard enough to make him fall. "It doesn't work as easily as that. How exactly do you know that you're going in a straight line when you do so?” he asked and Amelia rolled her eyes, crossing her arms along her chest. “It's easy, don't change your damn direction.” she shrugged her shoulders as if the answer were obvious, “I got to Zakat doing that shit before your buddies snatched me up, didn't I?” Amelia angrily looked the other way and tried to calm herself. While listening to everything else he decided to say, she closed her eyes and took in deep breaths.

“The problem with a jungle is that you have no landmarks, since everything is just tree. So if you can get your bearings and find a landmark above ground, then there's the chance that it'll be in a good place. As I said, there's a game trail there--effectively a road that animals use for their treks to water. If we follow it, we might find a river, or we might find sharp teeth. We can also go your way and continue to trek in a line through the jungle. I'll follow you this time." Through his speech, Amelia just kept trying to calm herself down. She hadn't had to rely on anyone before to get her where she wanted to go, she wasn't doing it now. “Good.” was all she said. She didn't ignore what he said, though it would seem like it. She merely decided to go the way she wanted to go and he could choose to follow or leave her there. It was completely up to him whether he wanted to stick with her, though hoped he would.

Amelia began her way back to where they had been and looked back in the direction that they had been going, but then she realized something. “This is stupid...” she sighed and used two fingers to grab the bridge of her nose before glaring down at him, “I pretty much HAVE to do what you fucking said because you already fucked up my sense of direction by taking us in circles in the first place!” Yeah, she wanted to kill something at this moment. There wasn't much holding her back either. She was angry enough to cry and rip out her hair. She turned back and returned to his side. “Hurry up... and lead the way... Don't. Say. Shit. Just. Go.” Can someone say pissed off? Because that's what Amelia was. Someone always tried to tell her what to do. Tell her what she was doing is wrong. Everyone knows better but her. If someone hadn't gotten them lost in the first place, they would have been fine.
    Dai
    Dai
    The Oh-So-Sexy Admin

Post by Dai Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:37 am

A soft sigh escaped from Adrian's lips, as he attempted to calm himself. He didn't want to get angry with Amelia, but he honestly felt like things were going to get really irritating between them. He needed to clear the air between them, but there really wasn't any way this was going to happen while they were in the middle of the jungle. While they started to travel down the game trail, he couldn't help but feel that there was something following him. "No, that's impossible. I already know that they can't see me." He grumbled to himself, looking over his shoulder and swallowing. That could be a problem. “I pretty much HAVE to do what you fucking said because you already fucked up my sense of direction by taking us in circles in the first place! Hurry up... and lead the way... Don't. Say. Shit. Just. Go.” He made sure not to say anything in return, since he really didn't want to draw her ire. He swallowed again, starting to increase his pace a little. He felt his heart beating at a slightly higher rate. He felt that something was still following, but he decided to just put his mind forwards. He continued to follow the trail, watching the path ahead and occasionally flitting a gaze over to Amelia's face to make sure that she was still on board. He felt really bad for pissing her off; and he understood exactly why. The girl had been dragged through so much today that it'd cause anyone to go on tilt. He wasn't going to get angry with her, because he really didn't blame her at all. His frustration was more directed towards himself right now, honestly.

"Bah..." He'd thrown it all away. He didn't regret it, but he really felt that he could've done this better. Especially if the twins caught wind--he'd have to keep that sword close to his body at all times; if he didn't, then his body would start transmitting to them again. Those bastards planting that shit in his head--he was glad that his Arcane Item cancelled it.

---Some Time Later---

Despite being so very stuck inside his head, something caught his attention. His eyes widened as he saw it finally starting to break through. How long had they been travelling for? He didn't know, and he didn't care. Excitement took hold, and he reached out to tenderly take Amelia's wrist. "C'mon!" Turns out the game trail had led them somewhere, but it wasn't a river. He upped the pace, feeling dread while he did so, but continuing to bring her along as easily as possible. Breaking through the line of trees, he found himself stepping foot on a grassy hill, looking out over the ocean, and a city in the distance. Considering the direction they'd come from, that was definitely Iserlohn down there. He felt a grin cross over his face, and turned to Amelia to smile. "You were right; and I'm sorry for doubting you. I should've followed you in the first place, alright?" Part of him was just pandering to her--but it was because of her that they'd gone through the Fell Jungle. If they'd gone with his direction, who knows where they'd be? However, he noticed something else... and turned completely around to face the jungle again. "Show yourself! I know you've been following us this entire time!" The area in front of him shimmered slightly, and out of the shimmer stepped a rather attractive young woman, sporting white hair, blue eyes and an alluring smirk. Adrian sneered in return.

"Arianna." She laughed softly, folding her arms and smiling brightly, opening her mouth and speaking in a very heavy accent that was difficult to understand unless you really listened hard.

"Adrian, my dear, it's good to see that the package is unharmed! Hand her over like a good boy, and I'll let you live~" His eyes narrowed in response.

"What does it matter; they already know, don't they?" She simply laughed, shaking her head, "I knew it. It doesn't matter whether I hand her over or not; your orders are to kill me either way, right?" She tilted her head and placed her finger on her chin with a thoughtful smile.

"Of course they are, but I like you. They, of course, never trusted you," She licked her bottom lip sadistically, "Why would they? They couldn't easily get into your head--and even when you finally allowed them, your own weapon neutralizes their tracking. While adjusting for people with Arcana naturally, they just couldn't assimilate people with Arcane Items. But anyway, aren't you wanting to know how I found you?" Adrian's mouth turned up slightly, as the woman's features twisted and shifted. Arianna wasn't a combatant--while skilled with a blade, she was better suited to killing from the shadows. The fact that she had revealed herself to him meant that she was honest in her intentions to let him live. His gaze flit over to Amelia momentarily, wondering. Could he live with himself, giving her up? When he finally looked back, the distraught woman from the bar was standing in front of them, holding the diamond from earlier between her fingers. Adrian's face paled, and he finally understood.

"Amelia... they're not going to let either of us go easily." Arianna's face fell slightly.

"Oh, you know the mark's name? Such a shame. Here, take your payment for your silence, and run, cute little man." The diamond was tossed into the air, and in almost a blink of an eye, the woman found herself with a black blade at her throat, her own façade fading and bringing back the beautiful white-haired seductress. Although Amelia couldn't see the fire in his eyes, she could probably feel the pure rage emanating from his body.

"You want to know something funny? Amelia has been angry at me throughout this entire trek through the Jungle. While most people would get angry in return, I simply held in all of my rage out of understanding for her plight, and maybe because I kind of like her," His expression darkened, but his mouth turned up into a grin, "This girl is under my protection from you sick bastards, and I won't let her go for simple blood money. Of course, you know what this means, right Arianna? It means that, for even insinuating harming her, I'm going to rip your fucking head off." His grin turned into a snarl, and Arianna backed off quickly, putting a bit of distance between herself and Adrian, obviously shaken. He held his sword at the side, slowly drawing out the lighter-colored blade at the same time, standing between her and Amelia. He needed to finish this quickly--the longer they spent playing around here, the faster the Twins could hone in on their position. And Adrian was pissed.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:49 pm

Amelia was quiet. Their entire trip was that way. She didn't feel like talking, especially to him. She was mad at him because of the situation he had gotten them into, but that didn't mean she'd stay that way forever. She'd get over it, hopefully. "C'mon!" Amelia's companion suddenly spoke. She kept herself in her own little daze, not really paying attention to much beyond the back of Adrian's head. She pulled her wrist away from him, but it was still caught before she could fully get away. She was now being dragged along by him, moving along his precious path until they came to a hill. She looked around with a straight face, but was honestly surprised. “God damn it... Stupid path actually brought us here?” she fought the urge to roll her eyes. "You were right; and I'm sorry for doubting you. I should've followed you in the first place, alright?" he said. Amelia turned to him and narrowed his eyes. Was that some sort of sarcasm? Was that some kind of “I told you so” moment? She turned away from him and looked back down to the city, refusing to admit that he was right.

"Show yourself! I know you've been following us this entire time!" Adrian pulled Amelia from her thoughts of the city with his sudden outburst. It was obvious he was not speaking to her. She crossed her arms and glanced back behind herself, but kept her back toward whoever was going to appear. "Arianna." He knew her? Amelia stared back at the woman who appeared and figured her average. She was seriously whatever to Amelia at the moment. At least until... "Adrian, my dear, it's good to see that the package is unharmed! Hand her over like a good boy, and I'll let you live~" Amelia's head perked up and she turned toward the white haired witch. “Okay, so you're annoying.” she spoke up immediately. The woman didn't get a chance to reply to Amelia because Adrian immediately spoke up. "What does it matter; they already know, don't they?" The stupid woman laughed, but Amelia's attention was caught. Who knew what? "I knew it. It doesn't matter whether I hand her over or not; your orders are to kill me either way, right?" Amelia scoffed insultingly. This small female with the annoyingly cocky smirk didn't seem like any sort of threat, especially if it was both her and Adrian against the white haired witch.

Amelia didn't even listen to most of what was being said. She just turned away again, letting the two friends speak. The only time her attention was caught again was when Adrian spoke her name. "Amelia... they're not going to let either of us go easily." she glanced back to Adrian and then toward Arianna. "Oh, you know the mark's name? Such a shame. Here, take your payment for your silence, and run, cute little man." Arianna said. “Call me anything but Amelia again, and I'll cut your fucking head off.” Amelia said, but then noticed Adrian's extremely quick movements, “Or he will.” Amelia actually felt a smile come to her face. Was he being protective over her? "You want to know something funny? Amelia has been angry at me throughout this entire trek through the Jungle. While most people would get angry in return, I simply held in all of my rage out of understanding for her plight, and maybe because I kind of like her. This girl is under my protection from you sick bastards, and I won't let her go for simple blood money. Of course, you know what this means, right Arianna? It means that, for even insinuating harming her, I'm going to rip your fucking head off."

Well that answered that question! How sweet. And he was pissed off? She actually didn't like that. She preferred him more... content or happy, not mad. She thought of a way to calm him down: a quick hug, but would that work? She didn't know any other way of calming someone down. A hug usually worked for her, as long as it was from someone she liked or trusted. You know what... Amelia decided to take it one step further than just a hug and see how they both would react. She stepped up behind Adrian and wrapped her arms around his back and toward his front. “Calm down.” she said rather sweetly to him. Leaning in a bit, she smirked at Arianna and placed a small kiss on Adrian's cheek. “You heard the man. Disappear before we make you.” Amelia said and then playfully nuzzled her cheek into his. Something about this felt sort of natural, like there was nothing wrong with randomly hugging and kissing him. Even if she was doing it to bug Arianna, she enjoyed it.
    Dai
    Dai
    The Oh-So-Sexy Admin

Post by Dai Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:29 am

Ack--he really hadn't expected this to happen. Arianna's face was twisted and contorted in a strange shape that showed a mixture of fear and pure rage. Her usually rather pretty visage showed a kind of anger that he hadn't seen from her in a long time. Good; he wanted her to be angry. If she was angry, she would make mistakes. She was also scared--scared of this strange man who was looking ready to take her to her grave. His eyes narrowed, and then something else occurred. Without any warning, Adrian felt a pair of arms slide around his chest. “Calm down.” That was a rather sweet voice, and Adrian was a little confused. Not letting it show on his face, he turned his head slightly to look back at her, and suddenly felt a pair of lips brush across his. He was almost surprised, but realized just quickly enough that it was an act--he held the kiss (that tasted exceptionally sweet and almost kind of right) for a moment before turning back to Arianna and giving her a roguish grin. “You heard the man. Disappear before we make you.” He chuckled slightly, before speaking again, "What kind of distance were you following me at? Because you know how my sword messes up their telepathy. But you never knew how far away, did you? The aura is approximately fifteen yards." Her eyes widened, and Adrian grinned even wider, "You know what that means, right? It means that right now, the Twins have no idea where you are--just that you're somewhere in the Fell Jungle." He withdrew his sword, before bringing up his other hand and socking her one right under the jaw. She fell back onto the ground, unconscious from that one hit.

"She never could take a punch. We'd better get out of here." He slid Amelia's arms from around his body, before turning around and reaching down to pick up the diamond off of the ground, "Might as well hold onto this. It's worth something." He chuckled, sheathed his sword and held out his hand for Amelia to take, knowing that it wasn't far to Iserlohn now.

"Shall we?"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:54 pm

This was not what she was expecting. A little cheek kiss was all it was supposed to take, but no. He had to turn his head at the perfect/wrong time. Amelia's lips met his, sending a tingle down her back. She tensed a little, but quickly relaxed when she caught herself actually holding the kiss for a second or two longer. When she broke it, she stared into his eyes for a moment and then regained her composure by turning toward Arianna and telling her to disappear. "What kind of distance were you following me at? Because you know how my sword messes up their telepathy. But you never knew how far away, did you? The aura is approximately fifteen yards." Right now, he was concentrated on her while she was concentrated on the fact that she wanted that kiss to go a little longer. It was a new feeling that she enjoyed, but why? "You know what that means, right? It means that right now, the Twins have no idea where you are--just that you're somewhere in the Fell Jungle." Amelia watched as Arianna fell down, knocked out cold by a simple punch. "Weak." Amelia stated indifferently.

"She never could take a punch. We'd better get out of here." he said and removed her arms from his body. As he did, she didn't even realize that she was trying to continue holding on. She enjoyed the gentle form of contact with another person, at least that's what she thought. She was wrong. She enjoyed the physical contact with him, not just some random person. "Alright, let's go." she said, clearing her throat when she realized it was a little raspy. She watched him pick up the diamond and just nodded in reply to his statement. "Shall we?" he said and once again she could only nod. She didn't hesitate to continue on the path and began heading toward the city. That was where she could catch the Emperor, if she remembered correctly. She stayed silent most of the way there too. As they entered the city, she looked around at everyone and noticed a few kept staring at them. "Being in a city like this is odd..." Amelia said, used to villages and things like that. She was also unaware that Zakatians weren't always the nicest to outsiders. They preferred being isolated, so when people like the two of them showed up, they weren't always treated kindly, especially by older generations.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:14 pm