Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
The Second Step: Reunited [CLOSED] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
The Second Step: Reunited [CLOSED] EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
The Second Step: Reunited [CLOSED] EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
The Second Step: Reunited [CLOSED] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
The Second Step: Reunited [CLOSED] EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
The Second Step: Reunited [CLOSED] EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
The Second Step: Reunited [CLOSED] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
The Second Step: Reunited [CLOSED] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
The Second Step: Reunited [CLOSED] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

2 posters

The Second Step: Reunited [CLOSED]

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

The Second Step: Reunited [CLOSED] Empty The Second Step: Reunited [CLOSED]

Post by Serenity Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:48 pm

The Second Step: Reunited [CLOSED] Luxanna2_zpsc6089f41

She laid her hand on the door handle and froze. Those behind her, members of the Noir watched her, wondering what her reaction was going to be. She was still for a few moments and then her head dropped. Luxanna and Pariah were close, so to see him in such a state was devastating for her. Before she could leave and face both Nadia and the Emperor of Zakat, Luxanna's knees went weak and she fell. Her left hand on the door handle and her right laying across her mouth as she fought the noises that came with this action; she cried. Tears flooded down her face, dropping to her skirt as she silently cried. People tried going on with their day, but they had never seen her like this and they didn't like it. "It's all my fault." she thought, "I should have stayed with him... He's hurt because I brought him into this." Luxanna never got to talk to Pariah, he was still unconscious, so she heard none of his kind words that usually calmed her. Due to this, she was angry with herself, with Eira, and with Pariah. She should never have left him, Eira was a a bitch, and Pariah should have backed down when things got too hard. What the hell kept him fighting in the first place? He knew better!

"Get up... and go." a familiar voice said to her. Luxanna quickly cleared her face, using her sleeves to wipe the tears and straighten out the make-up she had been wearing. Clearing her throat, she stood and straightened out her skirt and shirt before placing her hand back on the handle and stepping out of the Noir base. Off in the distance, hopefully where she asked them to wait, would be Nadia and Emperor Zarkonheinz. Because of the denial for Noir assistance in Zakat, Luxanna could not permit the Emperor to enter the base. In her Empire, she was above all, but here that was a different story. Pulling out a device that had been given to her, she stepped over to Nadia and Tsubine while turning it on. "Nadia, I think you need to stay here." Luxanna said with a suggestive tone, which Nadia picked up on. "But I wanna come along with you guys..." Nadia said, but Luxanna shook her head. "Thank you for coming this far, but you need to return to what your travels." Luxanna told her and Nadia suddenly perked up. "Uh'oh. I gotta get back to Snopy!" Nadia said and then charged Luxanna with a hug. Luxanna showed a small smile as she hugged back and then Nadia charged Tsubine with the same hug. "Nice to meet you!" Nadia said with a big cheerful smile before running back towards the base. Luxanna watched her with a smile, Nadia's cheerfulness bringing her up a bit.

"What the hell is a Snopy..." Luxanna blinked a few times and then looked back to the Emperor. Knowing Nadia, it was some animal that she had picked up and befriended. Glancing down to the device she held, she let out a sigh of relief. The tracker worked. "She's heading toward Zakat..." Luxanna said, sort of wondering what the Emperor's reaction to that would be. "From what I understand, Pariah got a tracker on her before the battle ended." Luxanna hesitated momentarily, thinking about how it should be worded, "It'll track her until she discovers it, or it's removed... It's probably a good idea to get moving. I don't think it'll be good if she enters your Empire... People will recognize her face"
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

The Second Step: Reunited [CLOSED] Empty Re: The Second Step: Reunited [CLOSED]

Post by Tsubine Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:09 am

The Second Step: Reunited [CLOSED] Header12

No longer was this a mission of the Emperor of Zakat.

No longer did this concern Zakat.

No, this only concerned the woman named Tsubine. She had sent away the transport and instead opted for a horse. The terrain they were about to embark on was too much for an Xamel. She had bought (yes, bought) horses for her, Luxanna, and Nadia. She still wondered why Nadia would be coming if Eira was to be there, but... she wouldn't question it. She didn't know her as well as Luxanna did, but she'd put her faith in the woman from the Noir.

Speaking of, Tsubine hadn't seen her for a while. She had been a little put-off about not being allowed in even though she understood it. She sighed. I guess I am a little too used to getting my way, huh? She stood beside her steed, watching her soldiers inspect the massive tank-like transport they arrived in. Someone could get inside the machinery of that monster and never be seen from again it was so massive. But honestly, she was only trying to get her mind off of the inevitable encounter. She really didn't want to do this. But at the same time, she knew she had to. If she didn't, then who knows what would happen. For once, the Emperor had cold feet.

Then the anticipation could be no more. Luxanna walked out of the base. Tsubine could tell something was definitely wrong with her. But the Emperor also decided that she probably would do better not to pry. Then words of relief—she asked Nadia not to come farther. For a stranger, Tsubine sure was worried about her. Before she could think or even blink further, she was enveloped in a hug. She didn't know how to react. Her eyes bounced around in confusion, her arms above her head. And even before she could hug back, which she deemed to be the only appropriate action, Nadia let go. "Ah... it was... nice to meet you as well." Tsubine smiled and lightly waved good-bye to Nadia.

Tsubine was just as confused as Luxanna. Whatever a Snopy was, she was sure, it did not sound edible. "I honestly have no idea." She replied out loud without knowing it. Tsubine did not pay much attention to what Luxanna was holding, but what she said instead. "Very troubling indeed... There are many women who pattern their beauty after me. Another would not surprise the commoner. And thankfully my family is from the opposite end of Zakat. I do not think that we would run into too much trouble in terms of people recognizing her as who she is." The Emperor put one foot into the saddle and then proceeded to climb aboard the white steed. "But nevertheless, you are correct. We need to hurry." Unlike before, Tsubine was now armed. Both a pike with Zakat's flag and a sword with a basketed hilt were at her disposal. Even through this rough terrain ahead, she would be capable of controlling the beast with a single hand.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:33 am

"A horse..." Luxanna thought the moment she saw them. She narrowed her eyes at the large beast, wondering how she was going to deal with this new obstacle. "Son of a bold spotted beast..." Lux said on the spot in irritation. Her tone was actually a little different than usual, not one most expected. She was now going to have to ride a horse; she preferred the large machines the Emperor brought before. "Rydian's demons, how do you ride one of these things!?" Luxanna asked and then backed away when she watched Tsubine get on hers. She repeated the process in her head a few quick times and then attempted to copy the motion, but the moment she swung her leg over, she felt her foot slip out of the stirrup. "Eep!" she squeaked as she fell off onto the opposite side, trying not to scream outright. Luxanna jumped to her feet quicker than most and dusted herself off. She cleared her throat to regain her composure and looked towards the horse. "Well then... You bastard horse, stop movin'." Luxanna's tone seemed a lot more lax than it usually was. She was irritated, scared, and embarrassed all at once and for different reasons, so she was trying to act as normal as possible. Taking it slower this time, she repeated the process and sat down on the horse properly. She waited for a moment, assuming it was going to buck her off or some shit like that, but it didn't. Letting out a sigh of relief, she looked over to Tsubine, "Well... Shall we go?"

It was time for the two to start moving. The horses were well-fed, healthy, and energized. Luxanna assumed they were going to work them like crazy, so it was time to go! Luxanna knew how to control a horse from books she had read, so after testing out a few maneuvers, she realized she could do this. "Alright..." Luxanna said as she took in a deep breath and signaled the horse to run. The horse did as it was told and darted off at full speed. It took all of Luxanna's strength to keep her on the back of the damn thing. If she hadn't been holding on as tightly as she was, she would have fallen off the things back, but she was able to quickly regain her balance and began running in the direction of Eira.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Post by Tsubine Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:18 am

Honestly, the one thing on Tsubine's mind while she watched Luxanna try to get aboard her ride was how adorably helpless she seemed. She would help, but... Tsubine was too busy trying to hold back from laughing. This took all of her effort, so when Luxanna was finally stabilized on her horse, Tsubine let out a well-needed sigh. But it wasn't a sigh of relief, but more of a 'I am glad this is over, but I am somewhat disappointed that she didn't fall.' "Ah, yes. Let us." Tsubine snapped her reins, causing her horse to charge forth. She had ridden many a beast in her time, and a horse was definitely a common one. With Luxanna catching up, Tsubine let her take the lead into the mountains.
    [THREE HOURS LATER, 15:30 HOURS]
    Nearing the start of the evening, they reached a point where the horses could no longer be used. They tied the beasts to a tree and then set off on foot. Before truly starting to move onto the narrow path that lay before them, Tsubine advised that they need to take a small break. Tsubine herself simply stretched her back and did a few light lunges to either side. "I must say, I thought someone of your position would have known how to ride a horse. If I had known, I would have let you have the back-seat on mine instead." She prodded at Luxanna's obvious lack of skill in the horse department. She may have read books or something, but theory is nothing when out with an actual animal.

That's when Tsubine noticed something. She knelt, getting a closer look at the dirt. Sure enough, there were light footprints. And they were leading right through this narrow path. On one side was going to eventually be a sharp drop. On the other was the steep mountainside. These tracks couldn't be that old,since there was a nice breeze slowly eroding the footprints. "...I think we are on the right path most certainly." Not knowing who or what lay ahead, Tsubine motioned for Luxanna to fall behind her. On a one-way path like this, there was only one option so no fancy tracking technology was that useful here.

Tsubine led with her pike, occasionally tapping the ground to determine its stability. "If we do find her ahead... what should we—no, what should I do?" As they continued on this path, Tsubine had that one question in her head. She was unsure of what to do... but maybe Luxanna would know. Maybe if she didn't, she could possibly just give some advice on the matter... but... no, this wasn't a time for buts. They could be a single corner away from Eira... so there was no time to truly be indecisive.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:34 am

It was time for a break, yes, but Luxanna was actually more worried about her horse. Not knowing the limitations of strong horses like these, she felt as if she had actually worked the poor beast a little more than it could handle. Once she hopped off, she immediately began petting it's mane. "I've only read about them in books... It's not as hard as I thought it would be." Luxanna explained on her experience with horses, her cheeks turning a soft pink at the thought of riding behind the Emperor. Not only was the thought slightly attractive, shockingly enough to Luxanna, but she considered it a bit of an honor and show of trust that she'd be allowed to do that. A small smile formed on her face when she thought of it that way. Luxanna was about to ask a question about the Emperor's experience with horses, but stopped when she noticed the Emperor looking at something. Her attention caught by the discovery, Luxanna too noticed that there were footprints there. They weren't extremely recent, but recent enough for them to be found by passers by. To make sure, Luxanna took a quick look at the tracking device she held. "It seems so." Luxanna said to confirm. Eira, or at least the tracker, was not too far ahead of them at this point.

They had to continue on. Breaks were over. Luxanna wanted to find this woman just as much as the Emperor did, even if not for the same emotional reasons. Luxanna wanted to end the pain of multiple people she cared about while also preventing the deaths of many in the future. The Emperor wanted to stop her sister, to save her. Luxanna knew that, but she feared that Eira would not be able to be saved. "I'm pretty sure we will find her, Emperor." Luxanna said to reassure her, "And I know you do not want me to interfere. I promise you this... I will not interfere, but I also will not allow your death. I'd rather die and, or have you hate me than cause a Nation such as Zakat to lose a wonderful leader such as yourself." Luxanna was speaking from the heart and it was obvious because she wasn't realizing everything she was saying. She was concentrating on the tracker, their location, and little signs that the object would give off. "She's close..." Luxanna spoke up a few moments later and looked up, "She's around here somewhere..."
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:52 am

"I think you underestimate the strength of my armor and my blade, Luxanna." Tsubine chuckled slightly. "I may be supported by many of my people, but so would the next Emperor. I have survived longer than the shortest-lived Emperor who served for two hours before his assassination... so at least my name would not go down with that record." Tsubine was smiling even as she said that, but she did not want to die. She still had to save her sister. She still had to wake up and see the smiling faces of her people. She still had so much more to do... "But you, nor I, nor she will die today. I want it so that we all may return to our normal lives... and her normal self." No one would die today... not if she could help it at least.

The two continued in silence for a short time. The terrain was not easy to travel, so the Emperor wanted to concentrate as much on their surroundings as possible. They passed many small cracks in the side of the mountain far too small and warped for a normal human to pass through. And yet there were still no signs of a human passing through this area. The valley wind had long blown away the footprints they had been following, probably as soon as they were unprotected by the boot that molded them. And yet, they continued on.

And then, a flat area. Well, it was simply a smoothing in the path. It was wide enough for a nice-sized house to be built on as part of it was enclosed in a cave. But standing in their way of reaching the other side was something of black. No, it was truly something worse than black. It was the absence of all things good. The absence of light. It was sheer nothingness. Or rather, that's the foreboding feeling it gave of. Dazzling black armor and hair like that of a doll, she stood in their way, sword in hand. "...could it be?" The Emperor stepped forward into the doll's abyssal presence. "Are my eyes deceiving me?" Her eyes and body shook. "Eira..."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:41 am

The Emperor's words touched Luxanna. She took in a deep breath and released a relieved sigh. "I do hope what you want comes true. I only was speaking in the worst case scenario." Luxanna explained in an apologetic tone. After such, it was silent. The air filled with worry and dread. They came closer and closer to finding the woman who harmed so many, Eira von Zarkonheinz. She was around here somewhere. Even with the difficult terrain, Luxanna seemingly walked it as if it was nothing. Her mind was so concentrated on what their mission was, she only walked along where she was expected to go without hesitation. Luxanna looked around for Eira, her heart racing as she felt the air thickening as they went on. A dreadful heaviness fell upon the area. The foreboding aura dampened the atmosphere, making it almost hard to breathe. It was as if everything of good and of light was being sucked away and forced beyond. And then Tsubine spoke three words, catching Luxanna's attention with her heart skipping a beat. Luxanna turned towards what was seen and the horrid feeling in the air was explained. Just by the descriptions Nadia had given her, she knew that this was her: Eira von Zarkonheinz.

"Is this what you're seeking?" the low voice of Eira spoke out with a terrifyingly odd tone. It was almost supernatural, her voice scratchy as if she were possessed. The woman in black held up a small device and then crushed it between her gauntlets index finger and thumb. "A tracker of sorts? Interesting." she said as she dropped the crumbled pieces of tracker to the floor. Even with her dark demeanor, there was something off. Below her, was a puddle of darkened liquid. It came from random areas within her armor, seeping through the cracks. She was hurt. A half a day before, she was thrown off of a cliff and hit rocks harder than she had expected. Even in pain, she stared as if it was nothing, as if she didn't even feel it. "Did Pariah send you here to fight as well? How cruel." she spoke and the darkest of smirks formed on her face, "It seems he doesn't care for his friends lives. What a waste..." Luxanna flinched at the mention of Pariah, knowing that her friend had fought this woman hard enough to injure her, but also came out horribly injured himself. "Tell me... Is the fool dead?" Eira narrowed her eyes. It was obvious she wanted him to be. If he wasn't, she'd finish him later.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:05 am

Tsubine whispered to Luxanna before stamping her pike into the ground, keeping it upright. "Stay here." Tsubine stepped forward. Her eyes were closed. She took a deep breath. She had to keep calm. She could not do anything yet. She kept her eyes wide shut. She could only feel that her sister was in front of her. But she was not going to run up and hug her. No, that would be fatal. No... that was not what Eira needed. "I will tell you this much. I do not know, and it is but a trivial matter to me right now." Tsubine spoke as commandingly as she did when Luxanna had brought up Eira first.

This was a calm Tsubine.

This was her when she could no longer be seen as nothing but the ideal image of a leader.

As much as she wanted to cry.

As much as she wanted to smile.

As much as she wanted to scream.

As much as she wanted to run.

She did no such thing.

She stood her ground. "I take no orders from him nor he from me." She continued to be like the mountain around them. She did not change with the surroundings. As foreboding as her own flesh and blood was, nothing could compare to what she was feeling. This was the resolve of an Emperor. This was the resolve of someone whom had the weight of the lives of one hundred and twenty million people on their back. "I am not affiliated with the Noir nor are they affiliated with me."

She would save her sister. "They may have assisted me in finally tracking you down, but there is nothing that you can physically link me to them." And there wouldn't be a god damn thing anyone else could do about that.

"Eira Selene von Zarkonheinz..." The history between the two flashed. Images of the two growing up. Laughing. Crying. Sleeping. Eating. Playing. Learning. Fighting. The good and the bad. The light and the dark. The best of times and the worst of times. All of it was now the truth that was behind her. "I ask of thee..." The Emperor's eyes opened once more. A new truth was now laid out before her. The truth of that murderer's identity. That of the woman whose voice sounded like that of a beast. That of the Emperor whose body stood like the mountain firm beneath their feet. This was the truth of the two. This was the truth of true family, that it was a bond of both the water of the womb and the blood of covenant. That of choice and that of lacking choice. That these two were sisters. And that truth... brought a smile to her face. That truth of knowing that even with the bad deeds Eira had done, that Tsubine's own sister now stood before her. That... was not just truth. That was reality. That was the present. That was the future to come. "have you truly forgotten the face of your own flesh and blood—that of your own sister?"

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:31 pm

The Second Step: Reunited [CLOSED] EiraCorrupted_zps16d669a6

"Stay here."

Luxanna would mind the only instructions given to her by the Emperor, but she also hoped it was know that she was not going to break the promise she made. If she was needed, she'd jump into the battle without hesitation. For now, to prove she'd listen, Luxanna took a couple steps back. She stood there and she watched. She watched as the woman she had first met returned. The image of leadership and strength stood in front of her, but also of bravery. This is why Luxanna made her promise, why she decided to help the Emperor. Even if it was not understood, what Luxanna saw in this woman was something she only wished she could be herself: perfection.

Eira's piercing gaze followed Tsubine's every step. Her lifeless golden colored eyes, obviously not what they once were, traced this woman's stature, memorizing her movements. Anyone that Eira ever came across or that came across Eira fought. If they did not initiate it, she would. But here and now, she could sense the determination in the air. This woman was here on a mission. "Track me down? Why would someone such as yourself do that?" Eira questioned, "The Emperor of the Empire of Isolation knows my name; it is an honor." Eira's head tilted unnaturally far to the side. She was beginning to feel a bit of a rush. The idea of killing a leader of one of the Six Kingdoms made her blood boil. It was exciting. And then... "Sister?" Eira's face distorted in anger. She knew who this woman was now and it angered her. Taking a couple steps back, Eira grabbed on to her blade, the one holding the same darkness as the very armor she wore. "I have no sister." she denied it, "I did once, but she chose to abandon her family and me. For that, I have none. The woman is as dead to me as the hundreds of people I killed in anger over her." Eira laughed, her demonic sounding cackle sounded for a few seconds before she sighed in malevolent joy.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:57 pm

Tsubine sighed, while still smiling. She didn't necessarily like the nickname Eira had given Zakat, but it was true. Zakat had been in an isolationist position until only a few years ago. "A nickname we have been trying to rid ourselves of, I must say." Even as Eira took a step backward, Tsubine took one forward. She would not let the distance change. The look in her eyes did not change. She still... "At least it looks like you can recognize me." A light chuckle escaped her lips. But that was it. It was an empty one, one like laughing at a joke at a funeral. Not one you are meant to laugh at, but one you couldn't help to.

"Abandoned..." Her face no longer had a lingering smile. "I would be a liar if I said I did not." She still looked Eira in the eyes. The dangling strands of blonde were not obscuring her vision. "Things simply took a different turn by accident... I had planned on returning after a few tours of duty. Once my contract was up after my set goal, I would buy the land around our old farm and we were to live together as a family."

Even as the grip around the dark sword in Eira's hand was tightened, Tsubine did not touch her own blade. She wanted to try to talk this out first. "But I accidentally killed someone, and that changed my life—and the life of this Empire. Upon receiving the throne, I was no longer properly able to purchase that land. And then I had heard that you had disappeared." She finally broke her stare for a moment if only to blink. "I had searched for you, but I suppose I looked in all of the wrong places. Until someone came to me for something unrelated... and your name came up."

"I had no idea that you were capable... no, I know you had the strength to do so. You have always been a more sturdy figure than I. I simply did not think you ever would do the things like you have." She had to face this. She had no other choice than to face it. She had no retreat. She could not. The goal was right here... even if it ended with both of them bloodied and broken, she would not back down. Even with that cackle, that rasp.... she could not be afraid. She could not let it get to her. This was still her sister. "And even now, I still can not believe that she who shares the same blood would still do this. Even as she stands before me, almost bragging on her crimes... I can not believe it."

"I am not calling you someone other than my sister... but you are not the same mind of my sister. I can not fathom what has happened to you. I frankly don't believe it matters right now... it will be something we can fix, together. Because even if your eyes say you want to cut me down right here and now. Even if your hand is poised on your sword, ready to swing at my neck. Even if your soul is filled with anger... Even if your crimes are filled with bloodshed of all sorts. Know that I, not as the Emperor, nor as a soldier, nor as a citizen of Mont Blanc... I, Tsubine Zoradia von Zarkonheinz the Ninth... will always love and forgive you."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:01 pm

There was a momentary comical moment in Luxanna's mind where she wanted to state that the Emperor should have allied with Noir to connect the Empire with other Kingdoms. It would have been a good first step into removing the idea of Zakat being isolated, but Luxanna still kept her mouth shut. Instead, she stood back, nervously watching the two and getting more nervous when Eira gripped her sword.

Eira was just as silent as Luxanna back in the corner. She listened to everything her sister, though verbally denied, was saying. "You can't believe it, huh?" Eira narrowed her eyes in anger. The sword she gripped, Excalibur, began to glow along the red markings of the blade. "I couldn't believe you left the way you did. I couldn't believe you never came home. I couldn't believe you went on and became Emperor of that fucking country before returning to our side... But it happened, didn't it?" Eira said in a cocky tone, a small smirk on her face as she began walking around, circling Tsubine as they talked, "Tell me... How can you deny all that has happened when the evidence is practically dancing in front of you with a with a sign stating it... I am a murderer. I have killed hundreds of people, I have destroyed families, villages, and I regret nothing about it. Are you really so blind, sister?" Yes, she finally admitted it. This woman in front of her was her sister without a doubt. There was no point in denying it.

"You'll forgive me? You... will forgive me...?" Eira narrowed her eyes, "Who the fuck says I need your forgiveness?! Who the hell says I give a damn about your love!? YOU ABANDONED ME! YOU LEFT ME BEHIND AND I AM THE ONE WHO IS GIVEN FORGIVENESS!?" Eira merely kept walking in circles around Tsubine, abiding her time before she would choose to attack. They were going to fight no matter what. She just needed the perfect time to come about before she did. "Your time as Emperor must have made your mind a little fuzzy if you think that I care about your forgiveness." Eira said and then laughed again, gripping her glowing sword tighter and tighter, "Though, I do have one question... Why? Why after all of these years did you come after me? I don't care whether you looked for me before. I'm sure you were informed of what I do, so why? Are you sure you're not here to kill me, sister?"
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:19 pm

As Eira began to now walk around her, Tsubine made sure she was always facing her. She had to make sure that Eira could see that all Tsubine wanted... was her sister back. Those words were like the sword she held. Each one stung like the last. She was beginning to understand that maybe... maybe she had done something more wrong than she had realized. "I do not contest the fact that you are a murderer." She finally somewhat raised her voice, becoming more stern. "But I do contest that you are doing this without regret. I know that somewhere, my sister still exists."

"As a matter of fact, I was not informed of what you were doing. " Truthfully she wasn't. And the more she thought about it... the more it was odd. Could there be someone in the Council that was keeping this information from her? Could someone in Zakat already be searching for Eira on their own? But if they were, they would be trying to silence Eira... and by silence, they'd kill her. And Tsubine would not let Eira die. "If I were here to kill you, I would have made sure I was not alone in my fight. And I would have already begun my attack. I would not have thought you were worth talking to. I would have struck you down without saying the first word. I have not come here to kill you... but to save you instead."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:58 pm

"Your sister is dead." Eira said as she stopped circling Tsubine and turned to fully face her, "She died during a single night in Arcadia... When she was hunting the woman who abandoned her down." Eira listened to the few words she would allow Tsubine to speak before they fought. She was ready now. She had positioned herself perfectly and the glowing in her blade was not for show. She had been charging a bit of an attack. And sure, Tsubine was showing her resolution, but she forgot about one thing: Luxanna. Eira had placed herself between Tsubine and Luxanna for one reason and that was to get one of them out of the picture. Eira lifted her blade and pointed it back towards Luxanna, using a quick glance as aim before she fired off the attack she had built up. Luxanna, not expecting this at all, widened her eyes and took in a quick inhale of air, gasping as she realized she was the target. A beam of black energy, seemingly swirling with red electricity, shot out as thick as a beach ball towards the unsuspecting woman. In the shortest of moments, merely a fraction of a second, Luxanna screamed and was enveloped by the dark energy and her body was sent flying out of sight.

"Can't have her trying to interfere, now can we?" Eira said with an evil smirk before she looked back towards Tsubine. A satisfied expression of pure darkness was plaguing Eira's face. "Now for you, sister." she said and readied herself. Eira did not hesitate at all. She darted towards Tsubine with a rage corrupted heart. Holding her blade in two hands now, as she entered her sister's range, she began a flurry of attacked with absolutely no technique behind them. Her mind was being consumed with the idea of killing the woman before her. Starting it off with a downwards swing towards Tsubine's left shoulder, she continued the attack with a horizontal swing towards her sister's left side, then an upwards diagonal swing from her sister's right side up towards her left shoulder. At this point, all Eira wanted was blood, to feel that overwhelming satisfaction from harming the one person that she blamed for all of her pain, confusion, and suffering: Tsubine von Zarkonheinz.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:18 pm

The Second Step: Reunited [CLOSED] Header8

"On the honor of the name von Zarkonheinz... nay..."
    No more holding back. As soon as she finally acted on the hostile air, Tsubine knew the time for talk was over.
    "On the honor of the name of Tsubine Zoradia von Zarkonheinz..."

"I will strike down that which plagues your soul!" As Eira charged, Tsubine stood. As she swung, metal clashed against metal. A fierce fire raged in Tsubine's eyes as she drew the sword at her waist. The amesthyst could no longer be considered a pure stone, its heart was now melting. The raging blaze of battle would not be quelled this easily. The first swing was easy to read. With that single draw, she was able to parry the blade. In doing so, she shifted her weight. She now no longer rested at a neutral position, and had done so to shift Dein Nomos away from the weight of the black blade.

The second strike was not as easy to avoid. And so, she simply placed herself to be more away from the fulcrum of the blade. If she could get just the tip, then... clang. She would smile, but this was not a battle of laughter. This was a battle for the true lives of two whom at one point would have only fought in pretend. Now... it was not such. The black blade's swing had been weakened natually. At the end of a swing is a strike the weakest, and that is when it struck Tsubine's armor. Of course the armor was more durable, but she was not going to take a chance. But this also made Tsubine realize something. Having the blade smash against her ribs, even that lightly, gave her great insight into what type of blade this was. It was...

Heavy! A large blade will always be more heavy than a smaller one, meaning... Tsubine spun to avoid the second strike. She did not rotate fully, no. That would be a fool's move. She merely shifted herself to avoid the strike. And this put her in a stance where Eira's sword could not be immediately brought back up. She was, essentially in a blind spot. Eira could see her, but she was simply too close and at too odd of an angle for there to be good retaliation. She began to swing her own sword, as the arm that held it was her right, meaning it was still in a decent position. The arc would not come across her neck, but the current aiming was slightly higher. It was simply a signal for Eira to stop. If it connected, a nice cut would trace from her ear to cheek. But her body did not stop with just that, no. Instead of simply stopping, she took a hefty backstep that probably counted as two. It was more than enough to get her out of direct striking range. For now, this was how she would have to fight.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:22 pm

Two sisters, twins sisters at that, fighting each other as enemies. It was a tragic scene, one that proved to be more than she first thought for one of them. A difficult opponent her sister was. Even Eira could not say she ever saw this day coming. The sound of clashing metal echoed through the area. It wasn't too unfamiliar since they used to pretend fight when they were younger, but this was on a whole new level. Eira was out for blood, and she wanted it quick. Tsubine wanted her sister back and was willing to take her time getting it. There was a problem for Eira though. An injury from a previous battle was slowing her down, taxing her ability to fight. Blood still seeped through her armor, the physical activity making it worse as her blood pressure raised.

Eira's first attack was easily seen, dodged even easier, but that was to be expected. The attack went through, but with a quick draw of the blade Tsubine was able to parry it. Eira initiated her second attack only to have it graze along Tsubine's armor as she spun out of the way, putting herself in a position where Eira could not initiate her third attack. If Eira wasn't so angry, she'd smirk at the quick thinking. It was Tsubine's turn to go on the offensive, but she wasn't attacking full on. No one would blame her for pulling an attack towards her sister. Eira's neck was wide open, she could have had her head, but she went for a warning attack. Eira knew this was what was happening, so as the sword came down, she merely moved her head back a bit, but not fully out of the way. She actually let the sword cut through part of her face, just not as long and deep as it originally would have been if she had stayed still. Tsubine immediately hopped back from her; Eira assumed she's going to stick on the defensive.

Eira stood up straight and stared at her sister with her eyes dropping down from anger to lifeless. Her piercing gaze of the Eira von Zarkonheinz that her victims had seen before their lives were taken was here now. Eira raised her sword, this time only with her right hand, and brought it out to her side. A moment later, she charged Tsubine again, but this time chose to be a bit more focused. She was allowing her anger towards Tsubine to get to her before. Now, she was focused and her instinct to kill all that stood in her way was taking over. Keeping her body out of Tsubine's range, she used the long sword to issue the first strike. She swung in a downward diagonal way, the blade aiming from Tsubine's left shoulder downward towards her right hip. During the attack, the black sword began to glow again, the red lighting up mid swing. Eira was charging yet another one of her attacks. The moment the first swing went through, Eira would maneuver her body by bringing her right foot backward. Bringing the sword downward and placing her left hand on the hilt along side her right, she'd point the blade towards Tsubine's upper chest. Using the grounding she now had in her right foot, she'd push herself forward at a higher speed than one would normally be able to in this armor. The tip of Eira's blade was headed right in between Tsubine's bust.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:25 pm

Tsubine could tell her sister was now truly trying to kill her. Her sister, just by the look of her eyes, was closing off her heart. Not good, not good at all. But even with that, she had only one choice. She had to fight. She had to. It was her duty to cleanse her sister of this anger. But... then what was this anger stemming from?
    Abandoned.
    That one word rang out like a church bell. Could that really be? No, that couldn't. There had to be something else. Tsubine merely leaving would not be enough to cause this drastic of a change...

Then Eira charged once more. "...!" She noticed Eira had switched hands. Something wasn't right. But just a little more.... just a little closer. The strike was, again, avoided. This time by stepping in the opposite direction the sword went, as well as backwards.Perfect. Tsubine was now in a very advantageous position in her mind. And then, she charged again. Tsubine was ready for this strike. It didn't matter if it were a thrust or a slash. This strike would not connect.

Kshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii you could see sparks before you realized what it was hitting. What seemed like a sign of god averted the blade from Tsubine's bust as she avoided Eira. One spin. Two spins. Slam. Their positions had reversed from the first charge. Where Eira originally had stood was where Tsubine had stood before dodging. And what was near that spot? Something that looked more like a flagpole than a weapon. Taller than both Eira and Tsubine, the weapon Gerbera Straight stood might and proud. As Eira had charged, Tsubine brought up the weapon from its resting place. As weapon with far greater physical reach than either had, this was enough for her to veer the charge off course.

She pressed against the dark blade, turning Eira ever so slightly away whilst using the same momentum to get back to the side. Her back was now facing the mountain. Before her was Eira and the abyss below. This was a battle of two resolves—that of one whom had too much on her back to lose and that of one whom had nothing to lose. Tsubine now had a weapon in each hand. A stand-off weapon to keep Eira at a distance, and a weapon that kept Tsubine capable of defending herself in case she could not. She stood there, not making a single move.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:45 pm

"Well that was unexpected." Eira said quiet seriously as she turned back towards her sister, who had cleverly prevented Eira's blade from making contact with her. Tsubine was on the defensive and it was slightly annoying. Eira wanted to fight, but she was merely being dodged and blocked in any way that Tsubine felt she could do. Even the first strike Tsubine went with, Eira had pretty much allowed to hit her because it wasn't going to do much at all. Still, Eira's glowing blade would stay as strong as this pole Tsubine had brought out. Irritating. As she stood there, Eira felt a slight tinge in her side, moving towards her back. Blood seeped from her wound even more. If she did not to do something to end this soon, there was going to be a problem. Taking a deep breath, Eira readied herself once more. You'd think a fight like this would be more continuous. No, the two of them merely charged, engaged for a few moments, and then backed off from one another.

Eira charged once more, her concentration actually more on the pole than the one holding it. She decided to make sure she followed the pole to it's end, if it were to be moved to block her. While she charged, Eira made sure to lower  her body under the pole and sort of slide beneath it. If this would work, once she came in range, she'd bring up her sword, within her right hand only, to give off the image of another downward diagonal strike towards Tsubine's right side. Except, the moment the attack would miss, Eira would once again take advantage of the momentum her body was in, to swing her leg up towards Tsubine's head, sending the metal footwear straight into her skull with enough force to bash in a tree. Whether the strike would work or not, Eira's immediately maneuver after the attempt would be to continue her bodies momentum right back out of her sister's range. She would do this by bringing the right foot back to the ground and then using the force behind the kick to actually jump away from Tsubine. As she'd land, she'd slide along the ground until coming to a full stop and watching Tsubine for her next move, if it'd even come.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:14 am

Too low! Tsubine could drop Gerbera Straight on Eira's head, but she didn't feel this would work. Even though Eira was being a bit of a bitch, scolding her like a teething puppy was probably not in Tsubine's best interests. As Eira charged, Tsubine took a minor countermeasure. The swing was easily dodged because of this. Instead of swinging where the pole's wielder should be, Eira should have swung two steps away. Tsubine had once again wedged Gerbera Straight into rock. But then, a second strike!

Eira's foot made contact with Tsubine's face. Thankfully she had backed slightly into the wall of rock, resting one foot on it. The contact merely sliced skin open from the tip of her nose to her forehead. And even if blood were to escape, it meant that Tsubine was still alive. She took less than a second to inhale before... frankly tackling Eira. Her sword was out of the way and her leg was still upwards when Tsubine took this action. With only one leg standing, her balance was going to be off. Tsubine pushed off from the rocks, charging with her right arm bent in front of her. Was she going to charge to crack open Eira's skull? No. She couldn't with such limited momentum.

Instead, she was trying to pin Eira down. The armor was instead aiming for what was defenseless—Eira's throat. If connected, Tsubine would then grab Eira's sword arm during the fall, binding it with her left arm. Such an action was pretty damn brazen, but Tsubine had no other choice. If this continued, Tsubine would run out of ways to parry that dark blade. If only that was unsealed... But she had no time for thinking if it would have been any use. She had to think now. She had to immobilize Eira.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:36 am

"Also unexpected." Eira thought as she saw the movements Tsubine was about to make. Her kick was successful, but Tsubine was a tough one and a quick thinker. Eira was stuck in an odd position as Tsubine went to move. Her leg was up, she was in mid rotation, there was no way for her to dodge this. Her body was forcibly stopped as Eira was tackled, and both she and Tsubine tumbled towards the ground. An extremely painful tear occurred under the armor Eira was wearing and she locked her jaw closed to prevent any sound of pain from leaving her. As the two hit ground and stopped moving, Eira just laid there. Tsubine had successfully pinned her to the ground, not to mention the injury that had just been worsened was beginning to bleed more than before. Eira was beginning to feel lightheaded. Eira felt the cold armor right at her neck and just stared piercingly at the woman pinning her. With that, she felt her right arm being held down as well; Eira had just been beaten and she knew it.

"Congratulations. You're the first to have subdued me." Eira said quite blandly, "Be proud of your accomplishment." Eira blinked only a single time as she lay there like a corpse beneath her sister. Multiple plans were running through her mind at this point. Even subdued, there was a reason that sword had been glowing. She could attack Tsubine at this very moment with something that would absolutely devastate the entire area. Eira was not letting go of her sword; there was little that would make her do so. At that moment, Eira decided to merely start the attack. A black energy began enveloping the blade, getting ready to exert a massive blast that would likely annihilate them both, especially since Eira was in her current condition.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:55 am

The fire in her eyes did not go away even as she was mere inches from her sister's face. She did not smile at this accomplishment. She wasn't proud of it. "Proud?" This wasn't a beast she could take home, behead, and mount said head on her wall. This wasn't a prey. "Do you think I want to be proud of this?!" This was her sister. The one she wanted to save... so why was she only inches away from killing her? "Why should I be fucking proud of this?!" That was probably the first time she had ever said it in her entire life.

Spots started to appear on Eira's face. They darkened her ashen skin. They did not sway in the wind. And even in such a position, Tsubine did not move. Just more spots appeared. Throughout their short-lived fight... one word had been appearing in her mind. Abandoned. That one word... she didn't think on it mainly. If she did, it would have caused her to slip up. But in the back of her mind, it kept replaying. You abandoned me. And finally, it had made its way to Tsubine's mind's frontlines. She had finally realized...

"I... I am sorry." The spots were the tears escaping one sister, landing on the other. "I know you probably hate me... no, you obviously do. And this probably means nothing to you..." She grimaced at the situation she was in. "But you are right... it is not you who needs my forgiveness. It is I who needs yours. I did abandon you. I did turn my back on those happy times. I saw an opportunity, took it, and did not look back... If I had known that it was going to tear us apart like this..." More tears escaped those amethyst eyes.

"I would have said damn it and would have stayed back. With mother and father. With you." For once, she admitted it. She admitted that there were regrets with becoming the Emperor. "I broke probably many promises I can no longer recall to always be there with you... and I am a damn fool for it." All was becoming clear to Tsubine now. She could see the fields of her youth. She could see her sister, running alongside her in the tall grass. Making a promise to never leave... "I will still save you from anything... but it would be for nothing if you do not want to be saved by me. So please... Eira.... please let me try to correct my mistakes. Please let me try to earn your forgiveness..."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:40 am

The first tear drop that hit Eira's face caused her to tense. The second calmed her and the third made her gaze soften only slightly. She stared at her sister, watching this woman shed many tears for her. Nothing made sense anymore. Was this much guilt felt over what she had said before their fight? Eira did not even blink. Her sister apologized, admitted her faults over the past few years. As she listened to Tsubine speak so sincerely, Eira was angered even more. The black Arcana around her blade began fluctuating and red electric-like sparks began showing up over it. She was ready to launch the attack, not caring about the fact it would more than likely kill them both.

"So please... Eira.... please let me try to correct my mistakes. Please let me try to earn your forgiveness..."

The energy stopped it's fluctuation and calmed. It was still there, ready to go and building even more as time passed, but the more obvious threat decreased. Eira stared at her sister with her lifeless eyes. "Tell me something..." she said, her voice sounding a lot less demonic than before, "Why should I trust you? After your abandoning me, our family, our home... why should I put my trust in you? I looked for you, searched everywhere, but you didn't even have the decency of telling us where you were going. You just left. You never said when you would return. You just left us there." Eira's hand was gripping the sword so tight that the armor began cutting into her own skin. Not only was she feeling sick from the loss of blood, but something Tsubine was saying was striking a chord, one that had not been strummed in a very long time. Still, not once did Eira blink. She laid there, staring emotionlessly at Tsubine, wondering her answer to the question.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:56 am

The Second Step: Reunited [CLOSED] Header6

"I am not sure." Tsubine didn't know why she should be trusted. She fucked up, yeah. She really fucked up. But... could she not stop this? Could she not save her sister? In her mind, yes. But... "I lied to you, ran away without telling or taking you with me, got swept up in my freedom, and became an Emperor..." It is not her mind that mattered. It was Eira's. If she did not want to be saved, she wouldn't be. If she didn't want to forgive, she wouldn't. So Tsubine had only one goal now. Not to save Eira, no. To convince Eira she needed to be saved. "I am a self-centered fool. I may want to care about the nameless masses throughout Zakat... but what do they care? They would be content if the old Emperor were still in power..."

"I forgot what really mattered..." She finally stopped crying. And... she stood up, backing away from Eira just enough to get out of the range of her sword.  "Arcana, swordplay, martial arts, gunsligning, beasts, dragons, civilians, knights, soldiers, samurai, ninja, warriors, kings, nobles, sovereigns, dynasts, emperors, , Empire of Zakat, Kingdom of Arcadia, Cieria, Lotheria, Brauk, Zhilihan Dynasty, money, rights, negotiations, politics, public opinion, armed forces, information, men, women, those who are neither, the young, the old, the dead, and the living, the emotions, the logic, the resolve... it all means nothing if can't be trusted. And if I could, I would through it all away just so you could trust me again... just so you would not hate me anymore." She spoke with such ferocity, such... pure emotion... that surely it must pick at the lock holding Eira's heart captive...

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:37 am

The Second Step: Reunited [CLOSED] EiraHappy_zps6ad75d75

"I lied to you, ran away without telling or taking you with me, got swept up in my freedom, and became an Emperor..."

"Your freedom?" Eira repeated, the smallest tinge of curiosity hanging in her tone. Her sister continued to speak and pointed out something quite important. "You are correct in saying that. In exchange for your freedom, you left us. You left everything and everyone who would have died for you... only to become trapped in the name of the Emperor. Now your duties are to your nation. Some trade off..." Eira was speaking with more emotion than she had in years. Her entire tone was filled with resentment and annoyance, but at least it was no longer that dark malice of hatred that seeped from her throat when she spoke before. Though her voice spoke something different, the expressionless sense in her eyes did not. "I forgot what really mattered..." Tsubine said. The words struck another chord with Eira, causing her entire body to pulse in pain. This was different. It wasn't the wound under her armor. No, it was something she'd not ever felt before. Tsubine stood up, allowing Eira her freedom, and backed away. Eira's first instinct actually was to take this moment of vulnerability and attack, but her body pulsed again as she watched her sister step back. Eira rolled over and onto her knees. As she did, blood that collected in her armor fell through at a rapid rate, creating a large puddle on the floor.

Tsubine went on, listing off everything that came to her mind, and Eira listened. "...it all means nothing if can't be trusted. And if I could, I would through it all away just so you could trust me again... just so you would not hate me anymore." were Tsubine's final words and Eira turned towards her with the dullest and most emotionless expression ever. She seemed like a doll, a robot with no programming. In fact, she even stopped breathing and was like this for a good twenty seconds. During that time, everything seemed to stay still, frozen in time. Eira's posture suddenly fell slightly. The grip on her sword loosened enough to allow the sword to fall from her hand and the blade slowly turning white. The robot-like Eira, still staring right at her sister, blinked very slowly. It was almost like she was coming back into reality. As she opened them again, Eira's eyes were no longer the lifeless golden color that she had before. Instead, they were as she was the day she was born. Eira's eyebrows raised for a moment, like she was shocked about something. She looked around for a second and then back to Tsubine, blinking a couple of times. She looked as if she were about to lose her balance. "Mm..." a strained sound through her nose was made, as the the armor's color began lightening.

"Ts-Tsubine...?" she struggled to get out as she suddenly fell towards her sister. Eira instinctively reached out as she fell, hoping that her sister would be there to catch her. If she were, Eira would place her forehead on Tsubine's shoulder and allow a few tears to be shed. "S-Sister... S-Something... is burning. It hurts so bad..." she said while struggling to breath. Eira placed a hand on her own stomach and took in a few breaths, trying to calm down, but there was a burning pain through out her body that was overwhelming the one she had through her side and back. It was practically unbearable.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:03 am

The Second Step: Reunited [CLOSED] Header6

"Ei..ra." Tears once again swelled back in her eyes. Even as she could taste the blood from her earlier wound, she couldn't help but to be happy right now. This was the Eira Tsubine knew. No, Tsubine knew both now. This was the Eira Tsubine had grown up with. This was the one that she had left alone... "Eira!" She basically ignored the signs Eira was hurting. Tsubine finally got the chance to do what she had really wanted to do the first time she saw her sister again. Dropping Dein Nomos, Tsubine's arms wrapped around Eira's neck as she caught her sister.

"Shh, shh..." Tsubine, her eyes still draining, brushed the back of her sister's head. She would comfort her however she could. "I am here now... I will do my damndest to make that pain go away.... whatever it is..." Tsubine may not have fully won yet, but... she had convinced Eira that she needed to be saved. And dammit, Tsubine was going to be the one to save her. "Luxanna, help me carry her back to the ho-" As Tsubine looked over to where she had last seen Luxanna, she noticed the only thing there was a mountain crab scurrying over the edge. She blinked, wondering where Luxanna could be...

"Your Highness, I believe you dropped something back there." A blue steel giant ascended from the abyss beside the two sisters. In its arms was Luxanna, being carried like a bride. "We followed our own orders and followed you up here. Or really, I did. The Xamel we came in is at the bottom of the trail. You can punish us all you want, but let it be later. I think all three of you ladies need to see our doctor." Cammon Zare jested. He had made the call for the small detachment of Royal Guards to follow the Emperor and her party even after she said not to. And thank Laplace he did. Luxanna probably would have ended up at the bottom of the cliff, never to be found. But now, there was an easier way to get Eira down the mountain path than carrying her.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:26 am

The Second Step: Reunited [CLOSED] EiraHappy_zps6ad75d75

"Tsubine... I missed you..." was all that Eira could say as she pretty much collapsed into her sisters arms. A small, sincere, and loving smile formed on Eira's face. Tsubine gently shushed her and Eira's smile only grew. Her sister was back, finally. Not only that, but she was back. The darkness in her heart had faded and she felt so much better. The hatred that fed her for the past few years was gone. Eira knew who Tsubine was calling for, but that girl was not going to be showing up conscious any time soon. "It's alright... I can wal-..." Eira was interrupted by the intrusion of a voice that she did not recognize. She looked over to a man who was holding Luxanna in his arms. The woman was knocked out, burned, and bruised and multiple areas. Seeing this caused a strange senstion in Eira's body. Both guilt and excitement filled her for a moment. Her eyes suddenly flashed gold and her head began to pound. "Ah!" she groaned and closed her eyes, placing her hand over her left eye. The pain subsided just a bit and she dropped her hand, only to reveal a golden eye, her other still the green she was born with. Her breathing was slightly labored, but a few moments later the gold faded away and she pushed up a weak smile. "Okay... I feel a bit better now." she said, struggling a bit to speak.

"Her eyes are different..." a light voice off in the distance watched the spectacle with an arrow drawn and ready to protect the woman that a dear friend of hers had loyalties for. Yes, Xamel wasn't the only one who followed. Nadia, even though she was told otherwise, followed them and kept her distance. She had arrived moments after Luxanna had been blasted away and was ready to assist Tsubine if it was needed, but it was not. Nadia, though childish and innocent, could tell the difference in Eira's eyes the moment it happened. Though she would not trust Eira, Nadia trusted in the army that apparently waited not far off. She could go home now; well, back to Snopy. Nadia dispelled the arrow and slid her bow over her shoulder. With one final glance towards the two twins in the clearing, Nadia stared into the eyes of the woman who scared her more than anything, and then turned and left.

Eira had glanced up when something bright caught the corner of her eyes. She saw Nadia turning and walking away. "I know that girl..." Eira mumbled a bit as she pushed herself to her feet, ready to move along with her sister. Brushing the thought off, she looked back towards Luxanna and her expression saddened. "I did this... didn't I?" she asked. Eira had the memories of hundreds of peoples deaths, screams, cries for help just flying through her mind. The vision of innocent people, even children, begging her to spare them flooded her thoughts and broke her heart. What the hell had she been doing these past few years? How could she have fallen so far? The thought of it disgusted her. She knew though, she was not in control then. Something was doing it to her, controlling her. Even now, she could feel it trying to boil it's way back into her mind. It wanted to control her again and Eira feared how long it would take before she was once again under the control of corruption. Either way, she'd follow Tsubine to wherever they would go, staying silent unless she was talked to. The pain in her entire body was unbearable, but she felt she deserved it since she had hurt so many people, so she decided against speaking on it again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:07 am