Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
Operation Blind Vanguard: Target(s) Reaper and Rider [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
Operation Blind Vanguard: Target(s) Reaper and Rider [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
Operation Blind Vanguard: Target(s) Reaper and Rider [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
Operation Blind Vanguard: Target(s) Reaper and Rider [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
Operation Blind Vanguard: Target(s) Reaper and Rider [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
Operation Blind Vanguard: Target(s) Reaper and Rider [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
Operation Blind Vanguard: Target(s) Reaper and Rider [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
Operation Blind Vanguard: Target(s) Reaper and Rider [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
Operation Blind Vanguard: Target(s) Reaper and Rider [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

2 posters

Operation Blind Vanguard: Target(s) Reaper and Rider [CLOSED]

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Operation Blind Vanguard: Target(s) Reaper and Rider [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Operation Blind Vanguard: Target(s) Reaper and Rider [CLOSED]

Post by Tsubine Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:19 pm

Operation Blind Vanguard: Target(s) Reaper and Rider [CLOSED] - Page 2 Header4

"Hold it against you?" The Reaper stopped for a moment, a slight glare shooting from his eye. "If you were any good judge of character and tone, you would know that I did no such thing." His tone was growing more and more annoyed with her. She reminded him of Xander, although she was more annoying. "Would rather me have described it as 'that place littered with bodies and sprayed crimson with their blood?'"

The Reaper's questions only furthered his annoyance with her. She didn't seem to take any of this seriously, and his patience was extremely thin. "Horses? And archers? Now if you had said such things in the first place, you would have given me far less of a headache." By this point, he did not care if he insulted her. He didn't care if he offended her. He didn't want to be near her any longer than possible, and he would be forcing her along if need be.

A sigh echoed inside of his mask, and he was about to accept the grip... "Hold." He spoke to her closer to like a rider would talk to a horse than two humans. He could feel animosity. He stood still—eyes scanning everything around him. Unfortunately, he didn't see the arrow nor its runes. Thankfully, he didn't have to see it for the arrow to bounce off of him.

But it didn't just bounce. As the arrow struck, a gust of wind from his body blew the projectile back. It was enough force to cause the arrow to break apart like the twig it was made from. "You should try better if you aim to kill a man ready for his death." The Reaper spoke, and three more assassins emerged from the woods. The neighing of a horse nearby broke the silence as they looked at the two targets. "You try to seek mindless destruction... You have no worth in the world."

As he spoke, a sword began to form inside of his grasp. It was massive, and made of the same crystals from before. "Selena Loret, you should prepare yourself for combat. There are three, two armed with swords—longswords at that—and one with a shortbow. That chain is not just for show, I hope for your sake." As he finished speaking, the two with swords charged. The Reaper swung in retaliation from the first—the crystalline sword shattering the metal one. With no mercy or remorse, he brought the now-airborne sword down through the man.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Operation Blind Vanguard: Target(s) Reaper and Rider [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Operation Blind Vanguard: Target(s) Reaper and Rider [CLOSED]

Post by Serenity Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:19 pm

Operation Blind Vanguard: Target(s) Reaper and Rider [CLOSED] - Page 2 Header1_zps0668bc6a

When Reaper stopped, Selena turned her ear toward him and raised an eyebrow at what he was saying. "Hey, hey... Come on now. I'm just messing with you..." Selena said in a more gentle tone than she had been speaking, "I'm trusting you not to break my neck twice, not let me fall on my ass while we walk, stab me in the back when I've got my back turned to you... You trusted me to give me back my chain and to give you the answers you want... Can you please add that I'm not trying to insult you to that list? And believe it or not, with your mask and not being able to see your face... Yes, I am a pretty bad judge of your tone. And when it comes to judging you as a person, I can't. You're not going to tell me anything about you and you keep this mysterious air about you, so how could I?"

"Ugh! Will you stop!? I don't know what information you want! I don't even understand why you want this information. They attacked me, not you. It was probably just some sort of coincidence that you were attacked by other people at the same time..." Selena crossed her arms along her chest and tried holding back her own temper while he talked so harshly toward her, "Unless you noticed something about them that gave you the idea that for some reason us being attacked was connected of course... And if that's the case, then I'm not the annoying one. You are. You'd be the one keeping information from me! Not the other way around! Or is the fact that I am blind and can't notice shit like that something that's just not able to get through that thick stubborn skull of yo-!"

"Hold." What the fuck? Did he just talk to her like she was a horse? Selena froze in her spot, standing there in a calm rage as she listened to everything that began to unfold around her. "I got it, I got it." Selena interrupted reaper as he was explaining who was around them. How she knew? He probably would be a little suspicious of, but whatever. Selena was done. As he destroyed the first guy, Selena charged forward, her steps practically unheard as she ran passed the second attacker by leaping into the air and grabbing onto the branch of a tree. She swung herself upwards, using the branch to sling shot into the air and over the man with the shortbow. As she came down on him, he fired an arrow, only to hit the chain around her torso, allowing her to take no damage.

"You fucking idiot!" Selena yelled at him as she brought the back of her foot down onto the man's collar bone. She could feel it crack beneath the pressure of her kick, sending his body slamming into the floor. She landed behind him, walked over, and sat down. The man wasn't dead, just incapacitated at this point. She sat on his back, ignoring his groans of pain, and crossed her arms along her chest. "Happy?" she said sarcastically, narrowing her eyes toward Reaper once he was done taking out the other man, "Assuming what I just did brought up any of your precious questions... I'll answer them once I have my things. I'm not saying a damn thing more until I've actually been able to recover every single bit of my belongings from the village they chased me from."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Post by Tsubine Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:18 pm

As the massive sword brought itself through the second man's torso, the Reaper noticed that she had already incapacitated the one with the bow. "Happy doesn't describe the relief I feel about worrying if I had to protect a blind woman all the time." The sword faded into dust, and he walked up to her. "I may have underestimated you on the fact you are blind. For that, I must apologize." The Reaper was not a man of mercy nor or of forgiveness, but he could admit when he was wrong. And since this was a minor wrong, this was something easily remedied.  

The Reaper knelt down to get a better view of the man—inadvertently (and disinterestedly) getting a look at Selena's legs. "Most definitely from the same batch... But of far lower quality. This man wouldn't know anything."  The Reaper stood up, dusting off his pants. "I have no time to waste on peons. But if you were to tell me who your commander is..."

"Fuck off ya bastard. We've got thirty more men coming behind us. They'll kill the both of y—" The man tried to speak further, but a foot in his mouth prevented that. "I don't believe I said I had any interest in your so-called reinforcements. You were beaten by a blind woman. If they are anything like you, the horse you so graciously left behind would be more than enough to take them out." The man began to swear obscenities into steel and leather, none of which making it out of his mouth.

"You said you wouldn't answer any more of my questions," he turned to Selena, "before you had the rest of your things. Then I say we waste no time. I assume you can hold onto me as I ride a horse, correct?" Knowing he wouldn't have to worry about protecting her really did lighten his mood. Well, not really lighten his mood... but he could stand being around her a bit easier.

They found the horse, which was already saddled. The man was left with two broken legs and a hand pinned to the ground by the thumb. He wasn't going anywhere soon. "Come, let us be off." The Reaper helped her onto the horse the best he could, and then he took the front mount. It took them not even half an hour to reach the village by horse back thanks to her direction-giving. "So where in this village are your things?"

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:07 am

Operation Blind Vanguard: Target(s) Reaper and Rider [CLOSED] - Page 2 Header1_zps0668bc6a

Selena's eyes actually widened when she got that apology. It was sincere, which was even more shocking than getting the apology. She figured he might have some sort of sarcastic remark, but he didn't and this pleasantly surprised her. She blinked a few times, her expression softened, and she just smiled. "You're forgiven, of course." she told him as he got close to her. Selena couldn't help but blush a little. She knew he wasn't looking at her, but at the guy she was sitting on, but the close proximity was making her just a little nervous. She had been intentionally flirting with him this entire time, as if that had really gotten her anywhere, so she understood her reaction. Once he looked back to the other one and asked him about their commander, Selena winced when she 'saw' what Reaper did to the guy.

"I don't think he's going to talk..." she told him. The guy under her began moving around, so Selena sent a really strong punch into the guy's kidney. A loud pain filled grunt was sounded and soon the guy passed out. She sighed and stood up, moving to stand next to Reaper. He turned toward her, causing her to jump and take a step back from him, as if she thought she might have gotten too close. As he spoke, she had her eyes looking downward and a little to the left of him. She could tell his mood had lightened up, at least a bit, so it was making her feel really guilty to continue this little act of hers. How long could or should she keep it up? If she told him the truth, that she technically did have a way to see through her powers, would he attack her? Would get become angry and just leave her here?

"Yeah, I can hold on..." she told him, her tone slightly off in comparison to before. She sounded like there was something on her mind. As he went to help her up, she gladly accepted and even tried helping him on the horse once it was his turn. Knowing that she needed to hold on, she hesitated just for a moment and wrapped her arms around his waist. Half way through the ride, Selena decided to speak up. "Look... You didn't underestimate me or anything like that... Well, you likely did, but it wasn't entirely your fault, you know? I, uh..." Selena turned her head away from him and sighed, "I am not being very nice to you right now... I kinda don't know anything else about the attacks. I was just walking through the village when they started chasing me... Besides that, I don't know anything."

"I just wanted you to stick around... It's not very often that I meet a man as interesting as you." she gave a sheepish smile, her cheeks turning a slight red, "I'll drop the act though. If I had known the helpless little blind woman thing was getting on your nerves, I would have stopped a long time ago... I am sorry." Selena was honestly expecting him to just stop the horse and kick her off the back, which she really couldn't blame him for. Feeling like he would do that, she did sort of tighten her arms around his waist. At least then he wouldn't' be able to without causing himself a bit of problem as well. If he didn't though, once they arrived at the village, Selena would show him to the inn where she had been staying, "I'm curious as to what you might have gotten yourself into to warrant being attacked..."

"Oh... And whether you like it or not..." she said as she'd lead him into the inn, a sweet smile on her face, "I'm going to keep trying to get you to like me. I've made up my mind. I want you to be mine."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:51 am

"I know." The Reaper had from a long time ago assumed she knew nothing important. "From shortly after your wounds were treated onwards, I felt that your knowledge on the attacks and the attackers was far beneath my initial assumptions." The Reaper did not even look back at her as he spoke. "However, just because you did not notice something does not mean another pair of eyes did not." He had to stop with the eye metaphors.

"I can think of countless crimes I have committed, not one bearing any significance to me now to wonder if it was the one which caused this." He did not speak any more on that subject as he walked inside the inn. The inn was sparsely packed, with no single person sitting alone and only small groups huddled around tables. "And if you still wish to be on the same path I walk, then you may do so of your free will. I will not stop you unless you get in my way."

A few of the customers began to whisper among themselves, mentioning words such as "masked devil" and "reaper of kings." The Reaper heard these murmurs but would not speak up at them. Instead, he waited on Selena to finish gathering her things...

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:23 am

Selena ended up not telling him that she had a manner of seeing; she just admited everything but that. She didn't have the courage to do that. No matter how much he interested her, she was still a little frightened of him. If he wanted to take her out, she figured that he could. Yet, even with this fear and not fully being able to trust him, there was something about this man that made her want him around. She wanted to get to know him, observe him, and she didn't know why.

As they made it to the inn, Selena lead him in and heard some of the rumors that people seemed to be passing back and forth between each other. She knew she wasn't ever known as the 'masked devil', so she wondered which one of them they were talking about. Technically, her blindfold could be considered a mask, but something told her they were talking about him. And then she heard something about a "Reaper Of Kings" and knew they had to be talking about him.

Selena made it to her room and began gathering her things. If he stood inside the room with her while she packed up, he'd notice her packing a second chain and a pair of glasses; those would be the only thing of note that she'd pack up. Once she was done, she placed a bag over her shoulder and stepped out of the inn room with the key. "One of these days, I'm going to get something to pack these things easier..." she said with a sigh as she closed and locked the door.

"So you're okay with me following you around?" she asked, going back to the subject they had been talking about before she began packing up, "I'm glad, because I'd rather not be forced to follow you in the shadows until you gave in... I can be a bit of a stalker if needed..." She smiled and then put a hand on her hip, staring directly at him this time, "So, what should I call you? Because "Reaper of Kings" is not it." She leaned in and whispered in his ear with that final bit.

As they began walking back, Selena realized they were about to be met with quite a few people who seemed to just be waiting for something, and that something was in their direction. "Hey..." she whispered. If he was taking the lead, she'd stop him by wrapping an arm around him and placing her hand on his chest. If she was in the lead at this point, she'd mere stop walking and turn back toward him. "I think..." she started, her eyes narrowed a bit, "There are people waiting for us in the lobby."

"Any crimes on the more recent side that you'd like to tell me about?" Selena asked with an eyebrow raised, "Either way, until you turn your blade on me, you've got my loyalty, so there really isn't any reason not to tell me, secretive man." It was then that three men in the lobby looked down the hallway and fired three crossbows at her back. She didn't even move. "Don't even bother with them, I'l-..." Ting, ting, ting. The chain she had wrapped around her torso took the hits.

"Stop that." she said, blinking at them. "He's the Masked Devil, I know it!" one of them said. These were just normal people from the village, they weren't even bounty hunters, mercenaries, or anything with skill. The crossbows that they were using were literally just for hunting. "Well, that's rude!" Selena yelled back at them, startling them a bit. She stepped toward Reaper and wrapped her arms around him, "Don't call my boyfriend a Devil, that's just mean! He didn't do anything to you!"

"But... he..." the man pointed at Reaper and then glanced from him back to her, repeating the process a couple times. "Ahh! I'm so, so, so sorry!!" the man dropped the weapon and put his hands on his head in a panic, "I could have killed y-... Ahh!! Here, here!" The three men tossed a decent sized bag of gold toward Selena, who caught it and looked back to Reaper with a big smile that said, "Having me around will be good for you." She looked back to the men and nodded, shooing them off.

"Alright, honey, let's get going..." she stuck her tongue out at him, took his hand, and began leading out of the inn. Once they got outside, she just smiled and continued holding onto his hand.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:41 am

"J." The Reaper gave away something only he and the members of the Night Nine knew. "That is the only semblance of a name which can be attested to me." The Reaper truly had no name anymore. All he knew was his name was 'J. Strigon,' and that was from the toe tags from when people thought he was dead long, long ago.

The Reaper began to lead her out, and was stopped by her apparently sensing hostility better than he could. No, that wasn't right. He knew there was hostility. But frankly, it was such a weak hostility he could not care less about it. "Nothing around here." He would not get into business talks with her. His business isn't hers and her business isn't his.

That was until he saw the crossbow bolts bounce off of her. He was about to strike out, but she gave him a glance that said not to. She then said their antics were 'rude'—and although they were, it was the next part which caught his attention. Boyfriend. Romance was of no consequence to the Reaper. He was no virgin, but love had been out of his grasp for years now. She gave him a smile, and he responded with a knowing nod.

Once they were outside, he spoke to her without looking at her direction. "You are an interesting one. You are not only willing, but ready to formulate a false relationship with a man you can't even see the face of. I have met many women in my life, but you are of a different sort altogether." He didn't know if he phrased that like a compliment or an insult, and both worked for what he was trying to get across. "If you still wish to follow me, I suggest you keep this ruse up."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:07 am

"J?" Selena had quite a few theories that rushed through her mind about him just being "J". The main one was that he might have been part of a secret organization that was created to keep certain crimes, people, or places in check! Either that, or it was a nickname someone called him and he just stuck with it because he really didn't know what his name was, and that caused her heart to sink. "Alright..." she said and gave a light-hearted smile. She wanted to ask, but refused.

The fact that J went along with her little scheme was surprising as hell. She figured he'd call her out on it because he wouldn't understand exactly what she was doing. Of course, when she got that nod, she smiled even more. Yep. She liked him. He was fun, at least in her eyes he was. Once the two of them stepped out of the inn and were away from any people that could listen in, J spoke up. "I would have kissed you too, if you weren't so shy." she tapped a finger on his mask.

"And I know you're not shy, J." she said spoke to clarify, speaking his name for the first time. "I'm glad I can at least interest you somewhat. I'm sure that you can tell I'm curious as hell about you." she said with a content smile, taking his words like a compliment. She glanced down toward her bag for a moment and reached in, pulling out a small case. "Actually... I'd like to... see your face, if you'd allow it..." she said, opening the case and then showing him a pair of glasses.

"I had these made out of some special material after I lost my sight..." she explained and pulled the glasses out, placing the case in her bag, "They hurt my head like hell, especially if I have them on for too long, but they allow me to see by suppressing my Arcana... since... it was my Arcana that took my eyesight away. I'm not putting them on unless you say I can see your entire face because they really do hurt like hell, but I think it'd be worth." She gave a bit of a shy smile.

"So... would you... let me?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:24 am

"So... would you... let me?" That was a hard question. She has the ability to see, although it was an odd way. He looked to the side, away from her. He raised a hand, and brought it to his chin. Should he? This is a woman who was willing to give him nearly-undying loyalty for no reason other than he made her curious. She was a woman willing to lie to everyone around her to save his skin.

He grabbed her hand, and began to pull her along. "Come." The two entered the forest again, and it was a few hundred yards into the wooded area before he stopped. He made sure to notify her of each and every obstacle around them as they continued to walk. But once he got to that area—where no one in town could see—he took two more steps. "Put them on."

Once she gave him the okay, he removed the mask—his back still facing her. "I will warn you. It is not a pleasant sight." He turned around slowly, allowing her to get the full view of the damage. It was a beard of scar tissue, grotesque and old. It covered from his ears to his chin and around his mouth. Even the tip of his nose was disfigured. Raised areas and dips all caused by what appeared to be varied instruments (although that is not the truth) fell across his face like dunes in the desert sands. His lips had only a slight tint to identify where they were—otherwise, they would not exist at all.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:02 am

Selena waited patiently for an answer, even though she seemed a little fidgety. He thought for a bit and then suddenly took her hand. She didn't know where they were going, but she wasn't going to ask. She just enjoyed the fact that he didn't immediately say no, went along with her scheme, and even said that she could continue pretending he was her boyfriend. In fact, she was going to have to re-confirm that with him. He had no idea what he was getting himself into with that one.

As they traveled along, he warned her of obstacles, which was actually really sweet. She was able to avoid anything that would have tripped her up because of that. Once they finally stopped, he told her she could put them on and she immediately got excited. "Okay." she said in a cheerful tone. She set her bag down and was about to put her glasses on when she realized that this was going to hurt again. She hesitated for just a moment and placed the glasses over her ears and eyes.

"Mm..." she let out a low grunt of pain and took in a deep breath. The amount of pressure behind literally forcing your Arcana down caused quite a bit of pain. She placed her hands on her temples and sighed. "A-Alright." she spoke a little strained. She kept her eyes closed tightly for a moment and blinked them open as he turned around. When he did, she lifted her head and her expression immediately softened, replacing the pained one she had previously had on her face.

"Hm..." she said and stepped closer to him. One thing he'd notice about her is that her pupils returned and her eye color darkened just a bit. Surprisingly, the first thing she did was lift her hands up to touch his hair. "Black, as you said..." she said and looked down to his eyes, "And an icy blue..." Her eyes then shifted down to his wounds and her smile faded a bit. She couldn't help but feel bad for him, but she tried not showing any pity on her face. She just understood why he hid behind the mask.

"I'd be lying if I said that it was attractive... and I won't lie." she said, bringing her hands up to touch his face like she had once before, "I will say this though... You are not ugly, J, so I hope that's not something you think... I figure how attractive you are isn't something you care about, but I figured it'd be nice to at let you know how I see you... Those piercing, yet mesmerizing eyes of yours... they make up for quite a bit. I'd kiss your lips to prove it, but something tells me I'd be going too far."

"I do get to keep you as my pretend boyfriend, though something tells me that will change some time soon..." she said tapping a finger on his chest and looking him up and down, "One day, you'll want me to call you my real boyfriend, and I will... And then you're really stuck with me." She put her hands behind her back and leaned into him, "Unless you want that now of course. I wouldn't mind. It'd skip all the work I'd have to put in to convincing you, which I know I will."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:13 am

The fact her pupils miraculously re-appeared was not all that surprising to him. She had glasses that made her—a blind woman—able to see again. Arcana was a wondrous thing, and sometimes it's best to just not question it. Just like she didn't question his marred face. It just was not something to ask about. He kept his eyes looking directly ahead, not even at her. If she were to vomit, he wasn't going to want to see it.

There wasn't much to think of when it came to her compliments. Yes, he knew the scarred jaw was not attractive. He didn't know his eyes were 'mesmerizing.' That was not a way they had been described—most of the time it was "as cold as skinny dipping in the arctic." He finally glanced down at her as she prodded at his chest.

The Reaper slipped the mask back on before speaking, firmly affixing it on his face. "I have no interest in becoming your real romantic partner. If that is what you are searching for, then your search has been sent askew." He truly had no interest in loving her or anyone. He was a man dedicated to his cause, and it would take a lot more than pretty legs to sway him from it in any form. "But you won't give up that easily, will you? Don't even answer that—the only stupid question is one you already know the answer to." He interrupted himself and half-joked. He then grabbed her hand after letting her place the glasses back into their case. "Come along—I have work to do." The Reaper had a new accessory now apparently...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:02 am