Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
A Morning In The Woods [Closed] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
A Morning In The Woods [Closed] EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
A Morning In The Woods [Closed] EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
A Morning In The Woods [Closed] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
A Morning In The Woods [Closed] EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
A Morning In The Woods [Closed] EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
A Morning In The Woods [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
A Morning In The Woods [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
A Morning In The Woods [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

2 posters

A Morning In The Woods [Closed]

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

A Morning In The Woods [Closed] Empty A Morning In The Woods [Closed]

Post by Serenity Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:48 am

A Morning In The Woods [Closed] WinterHeader_zps208d188e

Alain was at work. It was time to play! Serenity understoo-.. well, not understood Alain's dislike of the dragon, but she accepted it. Once he was gone and her chores were done, Serenity wrapped herself in thick clothing, boots, a jacket, and a scarf. She stepped out onto the porch and was greeted with the energetic yapping of a young white pup. "Morning Shiori." Serenity picked the little thing up and kissed the top of his head. Yes, she had named the male dog Shiori. There was no law against that! Carrying the little tyke down the front steps, Serenity heard a loud roar and looked up to see a hyper dragon hopping back and forth, waiting for her. Since Alain wasn't to fond of her scaled friend, the dragon learned not to cross a certain line and didn't come too close to the house. This was how it was done.

Serenity smiled and ran over to the dragon. The moment she crossed the line that dragon had practically created for itself, it swooped under Serenity and picked her up. Because she was scared, he never flew off. He only ran along the ground and maybe glided a bit. Serenity giggled happily as Shiori barked and soon they found a little clearing in the forest that they claimed as their own playground. Shiori ran up the dragon's neck and jumped off the top of it's head, landing in a pile of snow. "Haha... Be careful little guy, the snow is going to melt soon and doing that won't feel so good then..." Serenity told him, only to get a bark in return. She looked over to her dragon and knelt down. "Come on, let me see." she said and the dragon lifted it's front arm. There was quite the large scar along his chest.

"It seems to be healing pretty well, huh?" Serenity said, patting the dragon's chest without touching the scar. She stood up and put her hands on her hips. "I told you that you'd be fine." she told him in a cocky tone, sticking her tongue out. The dragon replied as if he understood here, rolling his eyes and shaking his head like 'yeah, yeah, yeah...' Of course, his only voice was chopped up grunts and growls that sounded adorable to Serenity. "Well, I was right. You can't say I wasn't." she told him patting his head. The dragon shook his head and lifted his claw, patting on top of Serenity's head like a cat. Serenity's small body was sent to the floor, but it didn't hurt. The dragon was just sorta strong. "Ahh!" she fake screamed and the dragon plopped it's head down on top of her, causing her to laugh.

"Okay big guy... You're squishing m-me..." she told him. She saw the dragon's eyes shift toward something and felt a low rumble come from his throat before he finally lifted his head. "What's wrong?" she asked as the puppy started barking toward something off in the distance. Serenity couldn't see it. She stepped forward to go look, but the dragon charged forward and tackled someone to the ground, roaring at it as if it had already done something wrong. "Hey!" Serenity ran to try and catch up to them, but he was about thirty feet away by now. She picked up Shiori and hurried along, hoping to catch the dragon before he hurt someone or something in a way that would really get him in trouble. "Don't hurt anyone!" she shouted, when finally she caught up to see someone being pinned down.

Dai
    Dai
    The Oh-So-Sexy Admin

Job/hobbies : Student, Writer, Actor, Badass.
    Humor : Sarcastic, with a minor dash of pervy.

A Morning In The Woods [Closed] Empty Re: A Morning In The Woods [Closed]

Post by Dai Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:30 am

The first bird of the morning stretched its wings out and began to sing its early-day song. The Dawn Chorus had long since begun when Dorian finally opened his eyes and clambered out of bed. A small hut, just outside of Colburn, had been where he had made his bed for the night. A hunter's lodge, if you will. He smelled the crisp scent of gunpowder in the air, and used that smell to wake himself up. Getting to his feet and rubbing his eyes, he made quick stock of his belongings, ensuring that he had brought along everything that he had wanted to use. He wasn't fighting too hard right now, so a simple wooden quarterstaff was his weaponry of choice. Everything else remained in his armory back at his home. Several wrapped parcels of dried meats were spread out on the table, and while most of them were returned to his rucksack, Dorian unwrapped one and hungrily dug into the preserved venison. The strong, gamey meat woke him up further, and he quickly finished off the food. That would sustain him for a good number of hours. He had a trek to make. He wanted to make it to Glitterhold by nightfall, if he could.

He had plans to make way to Grandview. It was going to be a long trip, especially on foot, but it was a trip that Dorian felt he'd have to make this way. No self-respecting caravanner would want to take anyone within five miles of Grandview, and the ones who would take you to Grandview would sooner slit your throat and rob you of your belongings than actually take you to Grandview. It was a lose-lose situation, trying to go by vehicle, so instead he would make his way on foot. It was going to take him at least two weeks to get there, and all of his energy, but the prize at the end was apparently worth it. A man had sent him a message, informing him of something that was going down in about two months. A caste of mages were planning a raid that was not allowed to happen. They wanted to steal a large shipment of Void Steel, being sent through to Grandview. He didn't care about the details--he was just given information. These mages were sick, even by the standards of Grandview. He was informed that the citizens of Grandview were more than equipped to deal with these mages, but it was a nice idea to inform him anyway--in case he wanted a few easy thousand. He told his informant that he'd 'see what he could do'. The walk there probably wasn't worth the few thousand he'd been offered, but at the same time, he wanted a change of pace. It had been quite some time since the services of the Magebreaker had been requested.

Sticking to the game trails and using his generally-okay sense of direction, Dorian had started his journey in the direction that he knew would take him to Glitterhold. He wouldn't stay in the town, as that alone would be suicide. It was a landmark to him, nothing more. Of course, things never went the way you expected them to go. The sounds of something coming through the underbrush caused Dorian to immediately regret bringing along but a simple stick of wood, and when he turned to meet the source of the charging, he was certain that he heard a human voice shout after it. From the undergrowth, a black shape lunged at him, body colliding and pushing him to the ground. His back hit a stone and he made a grunting noise, but other than that he had little by way of reaction to this situation. There was a dragon on top of him. "Owwwww..." A hand went up and rubbed his temple, a movement which elicited a threatening noise from the dragon, "Woah there, just rubbing my head. It's sore." His motions were slow and deliberate, so as to avoid startling the beast. Another figure came from the undergrowth nearby, though Dorian recognized this one as human. And beautiful, at that. "This is... awkward. Uh, hello."

Last edited by Dai on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:27 am; edited 2 times in total
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:51 am

The moment Serenity saw that it was a person and not an animal or anything like that, she began to freak out. Her eyes widened and she held her breath for a moment. "Oh my gosh! I am so, so, sorry!" she hurried over and sorta pushed at the dragon to get him off. Of course, her petite body was unable to budge the large beast, but she tried anyway. The dragon just dull-faced at her and took a step back, letting the guy up. Serenity went to help him out, but was suddenly pushed into a pile of snow. The dragon opened it's mouth and laughs it's deep, bellowing laugh. Serenity wiped off the snow and glared at him. "That was mean! You're not supposed to push people!" she told him.

"I'm sorry about that. Are you alright?" she stood up and leaned over to dust off her knees. As she did so, she heard a yapping and bent over farther to see a white ball of fluff running at her head. "Eep!" she quickly stood up straight, the puppy flying through her legs, missing her head, but landing right next to the man she had tried to help. Shiori looked up to the man, wagging it's tail so fast that it's butt was shaking. "Well... she seems to like you already." Serenity giggled and held out a hand for him. It was then that Serenity realized that the man was actually quite attractive and it took her aback a bit. If he took her hand, she'd pull back to help him stand, "Hi. I'm Serenity." As she helped the man stand, her dragon stepped up behind the guy and used his shoulders to get the man completely to his feet.

Dai
    Dai
    The Oh-So-Sexy Admin

Post by Dai Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:57 pm

"Oh my gosh! I am so, so, sorry!" He laughed and waved a hand in her direction, shaking his head and smiling at her. "Don't worry... about it. It's fine." For some reason, just being near this woman seemed to have a calming effect on him. He figured that it was just her looks and nature, but at the same time he couldn't really think any more on it. She simply made him feel happy. Normally, he would be suspicious about such a thing, but he didn't really care right now. "That was mean! You're not supposed to push people!" Finally looking up, he saw the dragon giving her a snarky look. He didn't realize that dragons could show that much emotion, then again there was probably quite a lot that Dorian was unaware of. "I'm sorry about that. Are you alright? He looked up at her and gave her a small smile, moving some of his fringe off of his face, "I'm quite alright, thanks. A bit winded, but you never know what to expect from the Dragons. First time for everything, I suppose." He laughed again.

The girl bent over to dust off her knees, and apparently called forth the love of another creature, who came yapping out of left field. Dorian raised an eyebrow to see a little ball of fluff sprint underneath Serenity's legs and whoosh past her. A puppy, it seemed. This girl was in possession of a decent number of pets--well, he counted two right now--and all of them were somewhat hyper in their own ways. The puppy dashed over to Dorian's side and yapped at him, wagging its tail at a stupid speed. He sighed softly, reaching out and scratching the little puppy behind her ear. "Well... she seems to like you already." He laughed, "Which is funny, because usually animals avoid me." He shook his head and went to get up, when he noticed that the green-haired woman had extended a hand out to him. He reached out with his own hand, taking her hand and accepting the help-up. She had a strange look in her eyes regarding him, and then he looked at her a little bit more. She was... startlingly pretty. "Hi. I'm Serenity." He blinked and nodded, feeling the dragon push him up to his feet. He looked down and brushed some of the dirt and stuff off of his clothing. "I'm Dorian," He smiled at her. "So, you... spend a lot of time in forests like this?" He started, not really sure how to go on with it, "I mean, you don't seem like you've been out here for very long, so I gather that you're probably nearby, right?" Melisandru's words echoed in his mind. He still didn't know how to talk to women, that was for sure.

Last edited by Dai on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:07 am

Serenity giggled when her dragon decided to help him out too. It was his fault that the guy ended up on the ground and covered in snow in the first place, though Serenity understood why. They had all started to be a little jumpy ever since their little incident, but luckily things were calming down. The dragon was just protective and never knew who was going to be coming out of the forest in a negative way. There was nothing wrong with being alert and Serenity understood that.

"Um... No..." Serenity shook her head to his question. He explained what he meant by it, which only caused her to giggle again. "Right! Well kiiinda..." she said with a soft smile, "I'm not really around here... I'm a few miles in that direction." She pointed off toward the city of Colburn, well where she thought it was without looking around. She realized she was pointing in the wrong direction and then corrected herself, "Oh... No, sorry... Over there, near Colburn is where I'm at."

"I come out here to play with these two away from his house." Serenity said as she wrapped her tiny arms around the dragons big head, "Alain doesn't want these guys, well... this big dragon... anywhere near his house. He lives in this community with a lot of dumb rules and people watching and telling on each other if someone breaks a rule. It's really child-like in my opinion, but I can sort of understand... If a community agrees on a rule, everyone should be required to follow them, not just a few."

"So what are you doing out here?" Serenity walked over to him and stepped around behind him, "Can I touch your hair? I like it." Because she's a little on the childish side herself, Serenity didn't really wait for an answer. She just took off her right glove and began playing with his hair. If he told her to stop, she wouldn't hesitate, but otherwise she ran her fingers through his hair for a few seconds and stopped. "I like it and the color. It's like my green hair, yep yep.  Nice and long and soft."

Dai
    Dai
    The Oh-So-Sexy Admin

Post by Dai Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:39 am

"I'm not really around here... I'm a few miles in that direction." She pointed away from Colburn. Pretty much exactly away from it--an act which caused Dorian to chuckle softly. "Oh... No, sorry... Over there, near Colburn is where I'm at." Yep, he'd thought correctly. He laughed a bit louder at this, an act which got him a huffing noise from the dragon. "Understood. I'm... not from around here. I've been travelling for a while, aha. I used to live in Colburn, but went somewhere else when I left Rydian." He nodded and folded his arms, "I come out here to play with these two away from his house. Alain doesn't want these guys, well... this big dragon... anywhere near his house. He lives in this community with a lot of dumb rules and people watching and telling on each other if someone breaks a rule. It's really child-like in my opinion, but I can sort of understand... If a community agrees on a rule, everyone should be required to follow them, not just a few." Dorian raised an eyebrow. The girl didn't want people to see her dragon, because she was worried that her community would be against it? He sighed a little bit at that, shaking his head, "Yeah, I get what they're on about. It's probably a little bit frightening to them, seeing a dragon so close to their homes. After all, they only know Dragons to be beasts of murder, do they not?" He gave her a smile at that and wiped some hair from his face.

"So what are you doing out here?" He blinked, "Travelling... I've got somewhere I apparently have to be, but don't... I guess it's not really a priority. What happens will happen with or without me." He nodded at her, and noticed her approach him, taking the glove off of one of her hands. "Can I touch your hair? I like it." He went to respond, and apparently she didn't care. Her hand went up and touched his hair, running fingers through it and generally just playing with the locks. He wanted to say something, to tell her 'no', but he just couldn't. He sighed in defeat and let her continue touching it for as long as she wanted to. She stopped after a few seconds anyway. "I like it and the color. It's like my green hair, yep yep.  Nice and long and soft." He smiled at this, [color:0d82=#blue]"It is lovely hair, yes. A nice color and everything." He said, wondering exactly what was going on. Was he in some kind of dream? A pretty young lady was touching his head like this--what was going on? "So, uh..." he started, unsure how to continue, "Do you like it out here? In the forest, I mean. It seems quite cold to me, though I guess I can't feel it like most people," he laughed, motioning down towards his rather light clothing.

Last edited by Dai on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:35 am

"That's like saying every animal can't be befriended. It's a stupid wait to think. This guy hasn't done anything to harm me and has even been caught playing nicely with the children... There are a few people who are wary of him, but not all. He's actually quite protective and gentle...." Serenity said with a playful smile as she wrapped her arms around the dragon's head and nuzzled her cheek on him, "Aren't you? You're just a big softie! There isn't anyone you'd hurt unless they were mean, huh?"

Serenity giggled as the dragon nuzzled back against her and then looked back to her new friend, asking what he was doing out here. She only half-caught what he was telling her. Her mind was concentrated on the massive amount of well-kept hair falling down his back. She even took off her glove to make sure she could feel it. It would have been less rude to wait for permission, but Serenity was a little impatient and had a curious side that caused her to act a little more impulsive than most people like.

She expressed that she liked his hair, but he replied in a manner that seemed confused. She just smiled. There was nothing weird about what she was doing, at least not in her mind. "The forest is nice." she said with a nod, examining his clothes when he pointed them out. She didn't think anything odd of it; he did what he liked and what made him comfortable. "You ask strange questions. Usually people ask things like that because they have no idea what else they could say." she said with a smile.

"Don't worry about trying to make conversation. I live with someone who's pretty silent unless I ask him things, so it's no bother." Serenity said, waving the situation off like it was nothing, though there was a strange hint of lonely in her tone, "Oh... If you want, I could try to get you a little farther down your path... You said you had somewhere to be, right?" she waited for an answer and then pat her dragon on the head, "We'd be glad to give you a ride. Even if not flying, he's faster than walking."

"What do ya say?"

"I can tell you what I think about that!!" a light feminine voice sounded out of no where, but the look on Serenity's face said that she knew exactly who that was. Serenity's eyes and mouth widened in surprise as she turned her head toward Reina, a young friend that she's known for quite a long time. Reina smiled and suddenly charged, tackling Serenity into a loving hug. "Serenity, I've missed you so much! I went by your house, but you weren't there. In fact, the place looked abandoned, so I went to Aria to figure out where you were and Queen Aranhartte was kind enough to point me in your direction! How have you been and why the hell are you out in the middle of the forest with a puppy, a dragon, and..." Once Reina got to the blue haired man, she blinked and whispered badly, "Who's the hottie?"

Dai
    Dai
    The Oh-So-Sexy Admin

Post by Dai Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:39 am

"You ask strange questions. Usually people ask things like that because they have no idea what else they could say." He tilted his head to the side and laughed softly, shaking his head, "You seem to have accurately hit the nail on the head. I don't normally talk to people out of place like that." He chuckled softly, placing his hands on his hips. "Don't worry about trying to make conversation. I live with someone who's pretty silent unless I ask him things, so it's no bother." He blinked, "I mean, I guess you can ask me things." He didn't really know what was going on right now. He had expected to be going to another place right now, and instead he was stuck talking to a new person. Curse the Twelve and their ways. He sighed softly.

"Oh... If you want, I could try to get you a little farther down your path... You said you had somewhere to be, right?" He frowned. "Honestly there's no need--I've given it plenty of time, I should be okay." He shook his head, red hair bristling over his back. "We'd be glad to give you a ride. Even if not flying, he's faster than walking. What do ya say?" He opened his mouth, breathed in to respond, and was immediately and brusquely interrupted by the introduction of another woman.

"I can tell you what I think about that!!" He blinked. She stepped towards the other girl and spoke at her, "Serenity, I've missed you so much! I went by your house, but you weren't there. In fact, the place looked abandoned, so I went to Aria to figure out where you were and Queen Aranhartte was kind enough to point me in your direction! He raised an eyebrow. She was acquainted with Queen Aranhartte? Who was this person? Why was he unaware of her presence? Even with his connections, he had literally no idea who either of these people were. Admittedly, he probably wasn't very accepted by Aranhartte. Most people inside of the Arcana circles didn't appreciate his presence or his line of work. "How have you been and why the hell are you out in the middle of the forest with a puppy, a dragon, and..." He stared quietly as she turned towards him, "Who's the hottie?" She had tried to whisper, but he was pretty certain the city of Colburn could hear her. He scratched the back of his neck and mumbled a few words in broken Braukan, before letting out a soft sigh.

"Name's Dorian Nicola... that's really all you need to know. I go by another name, but... I'm not sure people like to hear that name. They either get a cruel smile or a scared expression on their face. I don't think you'll smile cruelly." He sighed sympathetically, shaking his head, "You know, normally I'd whisper to a friend about your attractiveness," He directed this at Reina with a tongue poked out, "But since you've given me the option of saying it out loud, I'll just ask Serenity here," He grinned,

"Who's the hottie?"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:20 am

A Morning In The Woods [Closed] Header%201_zps1cqhz9ir

Serenity dull faced immediately. "Were... Were you just trying to whisper!?" Serenity asked Reina after a certain question was asked. Reina blinked a couple times in surprise. "Uh... Well..." she rubbed the back of her head as a blush appeared on her cheeks. She tried to whisper again, but failed, "Does that mean he heard me?" Serenity facepalmed. Even she could do something as easy as whispering. "That was something you were always bad at..." Serenity said with a sigh and then a giggle, "But yes, I'm pretty sure Colburn now knows you find Dorian to be hot." Reina looked up to Dorian with a blush. She shyly scratched at her cheek and looked away, "Oooops..."

As Dorian introduced himself, Serenity stared at Reina. She was so obvious and oblivious at the same time. "I'm not even this bad..." she thought as she shook her head. Reina was staring at Dorian with an interested expression and a faint blush on her cheeks. She obviously was a little more than attracted to the guy. And when Dorian returned Reina's question, she bit her bottom lip and hid behind her hands, giggling shyly. "I'm Reina!" she said as she dropped her hands, calming down a little bit. "She's a friend of mine. We worked in Aria together before I moved out." Serenity explained and then turned to Reina, "I heard you went to... Cier-... No Brauk to learn to use a sword?"

"Mhm. Arcadia is to concentrated on magic, Cieria on animals, and Zakat on technology... I figured Brauk would be the best place to learn." Reina tapped against the blade on her waist and smiled, "Turns out, I was right. I was lucky enough to find this guy to help me learn quite a bit. I'm no master, but I was able to hold my own long enough to make it all the way back here." Serenity smiled a little proudly of Reina. The two of them had always been on the 'weaker' side because of their size, but apparently Reina had decided to make that an advantage. "Oh... Hm..." Reina looked back to Dorian and tilted her head to the side, "What's your other name? And why is it apparently scary?"

"Yeah... I'm a little curio-..." Serenity's head snapped around when she realized there was something missing, "Hey?! Where did you two go!?" Serenity looked around for a moment and waited. A moment later, the black scaled dragon popped it's head over a pile of snow with the white ball of fluff on top of it's head. Serenity side and shook her head. "I swear, those two are going to be the death of me..." Serenity said and for a moment a sad expression came over her face, but that soon changed. "Hey... Reina..." Serenity looked to her friend with a look that was practically begging her to say yes to what was coming, "Do... Well... Do you think... that maybe, I don't know... You want a dragon?"

"What." It wasn't even a question. It was the dullest expression Reina could ever have on her face. Serenity just looked sadly to the ground and sighed, "The man I'm living with... He lives in a community that has certain rules, and unless I want to move out or get him kicked out... I have to get rid of the dragon. I haven't even been able to name him because of it... I love him and I want someone who would take care of him to take him... I trust you for that." Reina looked puzzled at this. There was a lot of information in that one sentence that Reina was confused about, but she decided to stick on the dragon subject. With that look on Serenity's face, there was really only one answer.

"Sure. I'll take care of him for you, if Dorian helps me do it." Reina said with a mischievous smile, looking flirtatiously toward the red-haired hottie. "Reina! You just met him, we just met him. You cannot ask such a favor of a man you don't know... It's not fair." Serenity said. "Oh come on!" Reina said with a giggle, "I'm only asking that because I'd like to get to know him better... I want a boyfriend, damn it, and rarely do I come across a man as polite and attractive as he is." "...You and I both know you'll chicken out the moment he tells you that you're his." Serenity said with a dull face, "You're scared of men, Reina." "N-No... That's not true anymore! I worked on it and I've gotten over that fear." Reina said, crossing her arms and turning away.

Dai
    Dai
    The Oh-So-Sexy Admin

Post by Dai Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:02 am

"I'm Reina!" She blushed and hid her face behind her hands. Well, that had most certainly garnered a damn reaction. He caught a slight grin along his lips. Something about Reina really made him want to tease her more. "She's a friend of mine. We worked in Aria together before I moved out." He blinked. Okay then. He decided to avoid teasing further, and waited to see what else would happen. A small thought of time nudged at the rear of his mind, but he really didn't mind right now. He was being entertained by two particularly attractive women. Serenity had curves, while Reina had an appearance that he really couldn't seem to take his eyes off of. He shook his head in assumption--they clearly both had men of their own. Why wouldn't they? Besides, he wasn't even considering a relationship at all, was he?

He blinked as they spoke to each other, not really taking in too much of what was being said. He knew about Brauk's predilection towards weaponry, as he'd done a bit of his training there. "I received training in Brauk as well... my sword training was through a Master... Kilgore, I believe." He nodded, not really caring if he elicited a response or not, "Oh... Hm... What's your other name? And why is it apparently scary?" "Yeah... I'm a little curio-..." He had opened his mouth to say something along the line of 'I don't really want to talk about that one', when he was interrupted. A few things happened here and there, and then Serenity seemed to ask Reina the strangest question, "Do... Well... Do you think... that maybe, I don't know... You want a dragon?" He blinked. Well then. That was surely unexpected. At this moment, Dorian felt like a bit of an intruder in a conversation between friends.

"What." That would've been his response as well. "The man I'm living with... He lives in a community that has certain rules, and unless I want to move out or get him kicked out... I have to get rid of the dragon. I haven't even been able to name him because of it... I love him and I want someone who would take care of him to take him... I trust you for that." He tapped his chin, understanding that sentiment. "Sure. I'll take care of him for you, if Dorian helps me do it." He raised an eyebrow as he caught on to what was being said, "Waaait, wait wait wait. What."

The two girls erupted into their own tittering of conversation after this. Things were said back and forth that Dorian didn't quite get. Eventually the subject came up that made him stare blankly at the two of them. "I want a boyfriend, damn it, and rarely do I come across a man as polite and attractive as he is." "...You and I both know you'll chicken out the moment he tells you that you're his. You're scared of men, Reina." "N-No... That's not true anymore! I worked on it and I've gotten over that fear." Uh... did he get a say in any of this? Y'know what? Fuck it.

"Sure, I've got nothing better to do anyway. Even if it is just a ruse to get me alone." He shrugged and grinned softly. It was possible that she was just going to chicken out when it came to the fact, but he could most certainly enjoy the companionship either way. And he didn't really feel like killing mages within the next few weeks. So sure. "I mean, if you're willing, that is. A pet like that is a big responsibility, you know." He grinned teasingly.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:06 am

Both Serenity and Reina looked to him and brightened up massively the moment he said he would do it. Serenity brightened up because that meant Reina would keep her word and take the dragon. Reina was a hard worker who was very motivated, so Serenity wouldn't have to worry at all when it comes to whether the dragon would be okay. Reina, on the other hand, was just happy that she'd have someone as attractive and strong looking as Dorian there to help her out. There was nothing more fun to Reina than being around attractive men. Well, that wasn't entirely true. Reina actually just felt a strange click with this guy and decided that she wanted to be around him a bit longer.

"I think I can handle it!" Reina said confidently, putting her hands on her hips. At that moment, the dragon stepped up behind her and knocked her down by barely shoving her backside with it's tail. The dragon seemed to actually laugh as the young brown haired woman went face first into the snow. Serenity giggled a little too, watching Reina's head pop  up and then her shake her head to get the snow off. "Okay, that was just rude!" Reina said, turning and bopping the dragon on the nose. "I think he just challenged you." Serenity said with a giggle and then looked up to Dorian, "Are you up for the task? Reina will take on anything and everything someone throws at her, will you?"

Reina got up and ran at the dragon, her petite body hopping onto it's back and clinging to it's neck. "I got you!" she said, giggling like she was having the time of her life. "Haha... See." Serenity motioned toward Reina and the dragon. A moment later, a small nudge came to the back of her leg. Serenity looked down and picked up Shiori, the small puppy she had with her. He must have been tired, because the poor thing practically collapsed into her arms and laid it's head on her shoulder. From there, he didn't move. Serenity just giggled and looked to Dorian. "Thank you..." she said and glanced to Reina who wasn't paying attention, "She can be a handful... but she's sweet and very, very gullible... So, please... don't hurt her." For that moment, the usually naive Serenity had a look of concern on her face. She knew how Reina was; even more trusting than her. "And don't let anyone hurt her."

Dai
    Dai
    The Oh-So-Sexy Admin

Post by Dai Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:05 pm

Things happened, while Reina reaffirmed her own courage regarding the dragon. She apparently had every wish to remain like this, strengthening her resolve to look after this young beast of burden. He smiled quietly as he watched the pair converse between themselves, and laughed softly when the dragon knocked the woman over. It had been quite some time since he had last had a chance to live like this, simply standing and smiling with people, not caring about the petty arguments between men that forced their hands. It was a nice feeling, and even if nothing else came of it, Dorian was certain that at least he'd finally be able to call a couple of people his friends. He placed his hands in his pockets and yawned lightly, blinking a couple of times when he heard himself being addressed--he was certain it was himself, since Serenity's voice had gone from facing away from him to going towards him, "Are you up for the task? Reina will take on anything and everything someone throws at her, will you?" He blinked a couple of times and lowered his gaze, stretching out a little as he did so. Serenity's eyes were this unusual combination--there was a definite seriousness in that expression that he could see, but it was combined with an almost playful note of challenge. Even if he hadn't wanted to before, that expression made him want to take on the challenge, to prove to her that he was worth everything she thought he was--and more.

"Considering the nature of my pet projects usually, I think I can handle this kind of challenge," He chuckled softly, shaking his head, "It'll be refreshing, frankly." Folding his arms and watching the pair play was giving him a warmth in his heart that he had not felt in quite some time. He thought back to his days at the Academy and smiled warmly and genuinely--if Serenity had been paying attention to his face, she would see that the smile was indeed different... almost reminiscent. The lines on Dorian's face were deep when they were there, and if he had removed his clothing right then, every scar would tell a story. The story of a man who yearned for moments like these, and very rarely got them. "I think I can do it." It took him a moment to realize afterwards that Reina was not paying attention to anything bar the dragon, but it seemed that Serenity had more to say. The seriousness in her expression further increased, and Dorian felt the absolute need to listen to her.

"Thank you..." He went to respond, but it was clear that she wasn't done, "She can be a handful... but she's sweet and very, very gullible... So, please... don't hurt her." Once more, he went to respond--but the words just couldn't escape his throat. What could he tell her? That his life was in danger every day? That if anybody recognized her as being with him, that they might just decide her as a target? No, he wouldn't allow that. "And don't let anyone hurt her." Serenity would see that honest and genuine smile fade to become something a little bit more wry and pained. "I don't think I could handle it... if I lost another person. So don't worry. I'll protect her." He replied, and continued to watch Reina with a pensive--yet happy--expression.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:21 am

Gullible. Yeah, as if that didn't describe both Reina and Serenity. It wasn't just Reina; it was Serenity too. Right now, they were both ready to trust a man they had just met. Serenity trusted him enough to allow her friend to go with him, but it helped that the dragon would be by her side. Reina just straight out trusted him because he was hot and she liked that dashing smile of his. There was something a little more than that, but she couldn't put her finger on it. It was something that she felt and kind of saw by just looking at him. "Alright! Oomph!" Reina collapsed into the snow as the dragon dropped it's head down onto her belly, "Hahahaha... So... Where are we off too now?"

"You're leaving already?" Serenity asked in surprise. "Yeah. I just wanted to come make sure you were okay." Reina said with a smile and gave Serenity a hug, "I wasn't planning to stick around really... I've really liked traveling, so... Now I'm going with this guy." Reina pointed her thumb back toward Dorian and Serenity looked back and forth between the two. With a sigh, she shook her head and nodded reluctantly. She was worried for her friend, but there was nothing she could do at this point. "Alright... I need to head back home anyway..." Serenity explained, "It's gettin' kind of dark." With a final wave to the both of them, Serenity walked off toward Alain's home, her heart heavy.

"At least they'll be safe..." she thought as she looked down to Shiori, the small white pup that had been playing with the dragon all this time, "And at least you get to stay with me, huh? Heheh-... Oh crap." It was about ten minuted later that Serenity realized she was very, very far from home and no dragon to fly her back. She blinked once and then started running through the snow, knowing she was at least a mile away from home. "Crap, crap, crap..." she thought, hurrying on her way.

~End

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:44 am