Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
Iron Man(?) [CLOSED] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
Iron Man(?) [CLOSED] EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
Iron Man(?) [CLOSED] EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
Iron Man(?) [CLOSED] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
Iron Man(?) [CLOSED] EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
Iron Man(?) [CLOSED] EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
Iron Man(?) [CLOSED] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
Iron Man(?) [CLOSED] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
Iron Man(?) [CLOSED] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

2 posters

Iron Man(?) [CLOSED]

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Iron Man(?) [CLOSED] Empty Iron Man(?) [CLOSED]

Post by Tsubine Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:11 am

Iron Man(?) [CLOSED] ArmorHeader3

On any given day, there is no sane person who would expect to see a suit of armor sitting on a tree stump like it was crying. And not just any suit of armor. No, it had to be a gaudy gilded suit of nearly seven feet in height. Such a poncy and downright blindingly flashy suit would only be something seen in an art gallery or a museum. Or maybe a noble would have it on display. But no, this armor was in neither place. It was on the side of the road—its visor buried in the palms of two massive gauntlets.

It had been a full two weeks since Rosalie Armstrong, amateur explorer and heir to a legacy of darkwalkers, had failed to adhere to the first rule of dungeoneering. Such a rookie mistake would be frowned upon by any adult, but it was her first time... so at least one mistake was expected. Of course, the expected consequence was not that a cursed suit of armor would bind itself to Rosalie.

Every village she came screaming to was abandoned quickly. For good reason, of course. She did not know so, but the armor distorted her voice to sound like a man of at least fifty—and one who could fill out the seven feet of armor better than the five-foot-three amateur. So when you see a screaming seven-foot-tall giant of steel running towards you, you run. If you don't, you're a damn fool. But of course, not everyone in the world was smart.

The steel giant rocked back and forth on the stump. This had been the sixth village she had accidentally forcibly evacuated. If ever there was a way to get people out of a town, it was sending this suit of armor running towards them. She just wanted some help, but all she got were screams and a few dents from arrows. It would take someone with either half a brain (literally) or balls that dwarfed the two moons which would be rising soon.

"It's not fair..." the suit howled. "I just... I just want help..." Every sniffle she made sounded like a dagger scraping against the inside of the suit. She was not cut out for being a scary suit of armor even if she did look and unintentionally sound the part. When a deer lept out of the treeline beside her, she proved this by jumping.

Well, "jumping."

It's hard to call what she did as a jump. It was more like a rope picked her up and a battering ram knocked her down. Rosalie was unable to keep her balance in the suit—something even two weeks could not fix. She toppled over, landing on her back. As per the rule of armor, the suit would not be able to stand back up. You would think that eventually someone would think to find a way to do that... but this suit was quite old.

With another loud howl, Rosalie cursed the day. She began to cry once more... It was an odd sight—a massive giant of golden steel lying beside the road. It would definitely be one to write home to mom about.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Iron Man(?) [CLOSED] Empty Re: Iron Man(?) [CLOSED]

Post by Serenity Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:11 am

Iron Man(?) [CLOSED] Header_zpsf7iv8omz

"What the hell!?" Elliot Wrinn stood in the middle of a street. The town looked completely abandoned, but everything had obviously been recently used. It wasn't just one or two huts either. It was a full on town that looked to just randomly be evacuated. There were no major storms recently, nor does it look like some kind of attack had happened, so what the hell? As he walked through the town, he came to the other end where a large group of people seemed to be moving cautiously back toward the town. Putting his hands on his hips, Elliot waited for them to approach, his two swords at his side just in case. As they came back, they asked him if the armored demon had left and Elliot raised an eyebrow. From there, he talked to the villagers and gathered the entire story, at least what they could tell him.

"Well, that was weird..." He rubbed the back of his neck, leaning his head to the left and right to stretch it. As he walked down a dirt road away from the town, he heard a loud clanking and what sounded like a man crying. "What the..." he turned his head toward a large armored man and narrowed his eyes suspiciously. Hiding behind a nearby tree, he peeked around and watched as this man jumped like a scared girl when a deer popped out at him. He resisted a laugh as the man turtled and couldn't seem to get up. "You have got to be kidding me..." he shook his head and smiled, coming out from behind the tree. Letting out a cheerful laugh, Elliot stepped over to the man and stopped near his shoulders. Elliot put his hands on his hips and stared down at the armored man with a smile.

"You need some help there?" he said, another chuckle following as he waited for an answer. "Come on, come on..." he said and placed his hands on the man's shoulders, pulling him up to a sitting position, "Why the hell are you wearing this heavy shit anyways if you can't handle it? Not exactly the smartest thing to do... Oh, and hey... You the one scare the shit out of the town back there? Not cool, man." Elliot stepped around the man and sat down about five feet away from him. "Now tell me... Why exactly you sittin' out here crying like that?" he asked, placing an elbow on his knee and raising an eyebrow at the armored man, "Someone in a big ass suit of armor shouldn't be scared of anything and you're over here jumping away from deer? What's up with that? You should man up a bit."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Post by Tsubine Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:50 pm

Pouting was one thing that was hard to see without a face to look at. And a suit of armor pouting just was a metallic 'Hmph' and the slightest shift of the head. Someone laughing at Rosalie was better than someone screaming and running away, but it still stung. With a shrank shrank, the helmet nodded to answer his question. Rosalie didn't want to speak up. He hurt her feelings.

As she was helped up to a sitting position, she crossed her legs the best she could and placed her hands in the small gap between the steel thighs. Rosalie was going to thank him, but all she heard was this guy picking on her! What kind of creep picks on little girls, huh?! The nerve of some men. But he did help her up so she wasn't going to be part of the scenery as a roadblock or bench. He had some kindness in him.

Rosalie's armored head turned away in a manner a wife did when her husband forgot her birthday and tried to make it up without saying he was sorry. "Easy for you to say..." After a few seconds of silence, Rosalie's head turned back towards the man. "I didn't exactly choose to be in this armor. I found it in a dungeon I was exploring..."

"Aaaand I forgot the first rule of dungeoneering and touched it without thinking. Next thing I know, I'm wrapped in this steel I can't get out of. I try going to villages... but when I come into range, they all start to scream and run and I can't do anything and and and..." Rosalie was going on a tangent about her situation, but did catch herself before it turned into an audio autobiography.

"So I have been stuck in this armor for two weeks now, and I want to get out of it... Can you help me? I don't have much, but I promise I can pay you back... eventually." Rosalie intentionally whispered that last part. All of her money was spent on adventuring gear. She had no money to pay this guy for his time.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:40 pm

The first thing Elliot could not help but notice was the way this guy was sitting. Are you kidding me? "This dude acts like a chick..." Elliot thought, watching suspiciously. There was no way in hell though. This guy was at least seven feet tall in that armor. There is no way a woman gets that big. Nope. He refused to believe it. Instead, he shook it off and thought of the guy as strange or a super momma's boy. It was entertaining as hell to listen to though. When he started talking again, Elliot only had his theory confirmed. That deep ass voice was not something belonging to a woman. It was a Momma's Boy under that armor. Probably wanted to show himself as a strong man and failed horribly when he put the damn armor on. It took all Elliot had not to continue laughing at the guy.

"Well what do you expect? People in villages aren't adventurers and you have no idea what a village has previously been through." Elliot just smiled at the guy and shook his head, "For all you know, an armored demon attacked them a month ago or somethin'... You gotta be careful with situations like that." It was then that Elliot was slightly taken aback. He didn't even know this guy, so should he help him? The dude was huge and this could all be some freaky ass plan to stab him in the back. Well, those villagers did sort of confirm this guys' story, right? "Eh..." he rubbed the back of his head and looked away, "I... guess. I mean, I don't have much else to do, so if you really want out of that armor, sure... I can help ya out. I could use the money anyway, but you can pay me back later."

"You have any ideas on how to get that armor off?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:04 pm

If you really want out of that armor. Rosalie jolted up faster than should be possible in that armor. "Why would anyone want to be stuck in this armor?! It's giant, you can't go through doors. If you fall over, you're stuck until someone helps you. You can't eat, you can barely sleep, you can't feel it when you shake someone's hand, or when you hug them! People run away scared when they see you! They scream and might just attack you! All because you 'look scary!"

Rosalie was angry. He had made her mad. And if her face were visible, tears would be welling up in the corners of her eyes. Elliot could hear the armor shaking and scraping against itself as her iritation peaked. And then... with an exhale, the shaking stopped. Rosalie looked a little further down, and not at her new companion. "Sorry... I just don't like being in this... and it's my fault that I got stuck in it... and I feel so stupid..."

"I have... some notes about the armor. It didn't include the curse though..." In one of the hands, a notebook materialized. It was more like it faded through the hand from the inside out. She opened it up and began to read. "I can't get out like that, but I can push other things out. The armor is that of 'Walkelin the Devoted,' a crusader-knight who was far too devoted to his god. He went on a rampage and killed two hundred people before finally being defeated by a magus—whose name was Odelius Clarembaut. The reason his armor was sealed is that the night of his death, the armor approached the magus and tried to kill him. As day broke, the armor went dormant. The magus then took the suit into a safe deep underground. I don't know much else of the story, sorry..."

"But I think this is a curse. Not an enchantment of the armor. The way it reacted and the fact that I can't use any of the armor's abilities... It seems to me that its magic was either exhausted or sealed. But this seems to be a separate entity altogether." Rosalie handed the notebook over to Elliot. The handwriting was not feminine but nor was it masculine. In fact, it looked more like scribbles than anything else. Rosalie wrote small and quickly, and although she could decipher her notes... others probably couldn't. The notebook only had the words 'ARMSTRONG NOTES' written on it.

"Another story told of that magus retiring near here... In the village of Chesterfield. If it's still around, we might find some of his descendants... and they might just have some answers for us." Rosalie smiled a bit. This man was giving her hope now. She was thinking clearly. "So why don't we go there?" Rosalie began to walk towards the village in the far distance. It took a few hours, but they did make it. As they reached the village's entrance, Rosalie stopped Elliot. "Umm.... could you... go in and tell them that I'm not going to murder their families or anything...?"

Last edited by Tsubine on Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:39 pm

Elliot practically jumped back away from the giant man when he jumped up. The guy began yelling at him over things that Elliot couldn't possibly fully understand. Sure, he can logically understand it, but he's never been in that kind of situation himself. He was always one of the 'taller' guys, but seven feet must have been a little ridiculous. "Alright, alright!" Elliot put his hands up and waved them back in forth in a manner of surrendering, "I'll help ya, Big Guy. You don't need to get all emotional over it. You sound like a girl." In fact, this guy did a lot of things that reminded him of a woman. It was a good thing his voice made it obvious he was a man, otherwise Elliot might have made fun of him a little more for it. Either that, or he would have called him out as being a girl.

Elliot took a good look at the notebook after some things had been explained. "Well, you know a lot more than I thought you would..." Elliot said. He wasn't meaning to be offensive, though it could have come off that way. The fact was, the first thing he learned about the guy was that he forgot the first rule of dungeoneering. Who knows how many other things he just 'forgot'. In Elliot's mind, he assumes this guy got a little to excited over his first mission and accidentally ignored the rules, not forgot them. No one forgets the first rule of anything. Elliot just nodded to her suggestion and handed the notebook back. "Chesterfield, huh? Alright, sounds good." he said and then walked along with her. As he walked, he kept his hands behind his head and had a nice smile up at all times.

"Huh?" Elliot was caught off guard when he was stopped. It took them a while to get here, so he wanted to just go in and ask. He looked up to the Big Guy and listened to his suggestion. He chuckled a bit, "Alright, alright. As long as you don't run at them, I'm sure they won't freak out, though." Actually, Elliot might of been wrong. He went toward the village and people were looking at him in fear. As he approached, the people that had been in the streets seemed to hide, which made him feel quite a bit uneasy. He walked up to one man who held a sword at his side and looked ready for battle. "Hey... Is there a reason that I am being looked at like that?" Elliot asked with an eyebrow raised. "You a demon?" Elliot blinked in shock at the question, "Wh-... What? No! I'm not a damn demon!"

The man physically relaxed, but Elliot was not ready to just yet. A few other people came out of their hiding spots and approached him. "A demon has been attacking our village, a different house every night. It takes a woman or a child each time... We haven't found any of them." the man explained and sat down on the steps of the inn he was standing in front of. "Ah... I see. Hey, I'ma call my friend over here, he might be able to help." Elliot said, but then remembered, "Oh, and don't be scared of him. He's big and is stuck in some cursed armor. It won't effect you guys, though. So no freaking out... It upsets him." Elliot moved to the middle of the street and waved his arms widely, "HEY! BIG GUY! COME ON! IT'S ALRIGHT! THESE GUYS MIGHT NEED YOUR HELP ON SOMETHIN'!"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:16 am

"Thank you very much." Rosalie finally admitted her thanks after they began to walk. Someone helped her. She didn't like she needed help—all of her parents' stories were all about how they did some amazing dungeon dive. So even though they did have help in the form of local guides and whatnot, she didn't hear about that. To her, a good dungeoneer was one who could go in and explore alone. Help was not an option.

But in her mind, she wasn't a good dungeoneer.

The notebook faded back through the armor as they walked. Anything that was brought in with Rosalie could come out and be brought in, but nothing else. "It's hard to really run..." Rosalie corrected him. She could have caught up to some of the people, but they would have to either be old, short, crippled, or any combination of the above.

As Elliot called out to her, Rosalie timidly began walking. It took her a moment to take the first step, and a bird thought she was a statue... Until the massive bronzed foot lifted up. She raised her hands as she walked into the village as windows and doors all slammed shut. The man sitting down saw the massive suit of armor and dropped the piece of wheat he was chewing on.

"I am not here to hurt anyone..." Rosalie timidly tried to explain, and it seemed to work. Most people were just stuck on the height of the damn thing. "Um... I heard you need some help?" The man started to say something, but he was still stuck. "Ahem... Just that a demon's been attacking our village. Getting a woman or a kid every night."

"A demon..." Rosalie began to think, and the notebook re-appeared in her hands. It was dwarfed by the large suit of armor, and the tiny book was held close to the massive helm. "Chesterfield... I have notes... of a story that a few centuries ago, someone tried to summon a demon here... but it was too strong, so they sealed it in the ruins of an old underground prison. They didn't defeat it, but instead just brought the main tunnel down. Is that true?"

Another man spoke up from across the street. "Something like that, yeah... My great-great-great-great grandfather was one of the people who helped bring down that tunnel. The story passed down through the family said something about an evil down there, but they never said what it was." Next an old woman chimed in. "Didn't those damn Johnson boys find an opening around where that place is?" "Yeah, it looked like some old supports gave way and opened into a mineshaft or something..."

Rosalie closed her book, and it faded back inside. She nodded. "Then it is probably the same thing." Rosalie was far more professional than she was before. Or rather, she was focused. She had a goal. She had a dungeon, and she knew the 'treasure' at the end. "I know its name from the notes, but I won't speak it here. There is a chance it might follow, thinking there is a contract to made."

"Guy... what the hell are you and how the hell do you know this stuff?" Rosalie gave a small, timid smile. But under it was pride. "Sir, I am a dungeoneer. My mom and father are famous ones, and I intend to carry on their legacy. Can someone show us to this new opening?" The second man to speak up walked over. "I can. Follow me."

Rosalie motioned for Elliot to follow, and the trio went off about a mile outside of town. There, the sealed-off entrance was visible. It was a small cave sticking out of a hill. Active wardings were placed on it, and clearly-made signs of "DO NOT CLEAR" were evident. A few hundred yards behind it, a hole large enough for a horse to fall in ripped apart the green plains. There was blood and claw markings all around it

"I was right..." Rosalie sounded a little scared as she said it. She wasn't cared of the demon necessarily. Well, she was, but she had faith in the armor... What she was more scared of was the fates of the women and children. Rosalie dug around inside the armor and found what she needed. From her hand, a candle-lit lantern faded through. It was not lit, but a matchbook was present inside. "I say we go in." Rosalie spoke matter-of-factly to Elliot. "Could you carry the lantern?"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:25 am

The Big Guy sort of took over the conversation once he made it here. Elliot put his hands behind his head and leaned against one of the wooden columns that supported the front of the inn. He stared up at the sky, half-listening to the conversation. When it came up about the women and children again, he did turn and pay a bit more attention. Their fates worried him. Were they even still alive? If so, what was to happen to them? Could he even help with something like that? Another question was 'should' they even help with something like that? This sounded like an issue that should be brought up with the nearest guard, one of the Seven City Knights' squads should be sent out, but then what would happen to those that had been captured? This needed to be taken care of now, not later.

"It attacks at night..." he muttered under his breath as they were making their way toward the entrance. He glanced toward the sun; there'd be at least an hour before it was dark enough to be considered night. This meant the Demon was likely still in there. As they got to the entrance, the signs made Elliot raise an eyebrow. "With all this warning, these idiots still uncovered the place?" Elliot asked the man who lead them here. "Yes, they refused to listen to reason. The boys want to be adventurers, so they thought solving a mystery in their own town would convince their Mother to let them go..." the man explain, his tone saddening and a sigh following, "They've been missing ever since the attacks began... Their Mother is worried sick, but the villagers and myself fear the worst for them."

Elliot glanced to the Big Guy and then back to the tunnel. Whatever was down there could be a challenge of sorts, even for him. He doubted the people of this village had much training when it comes to battle, so it was also possible that the thing wasn't that strong. They'd just have to travel down there and see for themselves. As they started, Big Guy pulled out a lantern and asked him to hold it. "Uh... Can you even fight?" Elliot asked, raising an eyebrow. The implications behind his tone were obvious, but he explained the reason for his question either way. "I'd rather not get caught down there with a lantern in hand..." he explained and patted at his swords, "The quicker I can get to these, the better we have for survival. If you can't even run in that armor, it's best you hold the light."

Once that was settled, Elliot went first so the light can shine over his head. With how tall Big Guy was, he'd not be able to see anything coming at them if he were standing behind him. "Oh, head back to the town quickly man... If we haven't returned by dawn, bury us down here with it and call for the Knights. I have enough supply to survive at least a week down here, but I'd rather not risk it coming back out at all of you." Elliot was taking a huge risk with that, but he felt it was the right thing to do. If Big  Guy didn't like it, he could say something, but he'd get a bit of a glare from Elliot for it before continuing into the cave. The first parts of the cave seemed to go on forever. It was going farther and father underground, which made it a bit more clear as to why the demon couldn't get out.

The first thing they came across was strange marking along the grounds. Elliot stopped and knelt down, running his fingers along some recently disturbed dirt. "I'm not exactly a tracker, but it's a bit obvious that this has been used a lot recently..." Elliot said and looked along the path until he saw two ways they could go, "See, it looks like something had been dragged here and went that way each time." Elliot pointed toward the right, where the drag marks went. He looked for other tracks or signs of something going the other direction, but saw none. "Best bet..." he muttered and walked down the path to the right. Feeling a slight shiver down his spine, he pulled out his sword and activated his 'protection' ability, making himself and the sword impenetrable, pretty much unbreakable.

As they moved along farther, the two would come to a strange opening. Everything was carved out pretty well, as if something was intentionally digging here. Elliot first thought they'd be ruins of some sort, but when he looked a little closer, he looked back to the Big Guy with an eyebrow raise. "This place is odd... don't you think?" Elliot glanced back and forth, something was off about it, very off. He wasn't very good at this sort of thing, so he didn't know what to make of it. In fact, the only person here that would was the Big Guy. "You know more about any of this stuff than I do..." he said and then pointed his sword around at the room they were in. It was well carved, cleaned, and organized. It even had a nicely carved arch to another area, "Anything in that notebook about all of this?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:19 am

"...I can carry it." Rosalie was defeated, and her tone suggested that. This guy was better with surviving with a sword than she could. So him having both of his would be better. She just didn't want him to get hurt by missing something... "But on one condition. If I tell you to stop walking, you stop. Traps are common in places like this, let alone natural decay-formed dangers."

As they began to enter, Rosalie stopped their guide from entering. "I agree. What he said is the best option." Their guide looked at them like they were lunatics and shrugged. He wished them luck and headed back to the village. Rosalie got Elliot to light the candle inside, and she hoisted the lantern up. They began to walk down the eerie corridors.

Well, corridor. Most of the adjoining hallways had collapsed over time, but some were just sealed off. It was an odd place, and worn-down signs reading "NO ENTRY" littered the walls. The two continued until they found where the main shaft split into two. One, Rosalie could tell was very unstable. The walls were cracked and there were even roots spouting from some of them. The other... well, it was obvious that was where the demon was. Drag marks were a clear giveaway of something being down there.

As they followed the tunnel, it opened into what was obviously a former cell. The steel door was nowhere to be found around the opening, but its hinges still rest firmly in the wall—although splayed open like the meal of a hungry pack of wolves. Rosalie followed Elliot in, and she was in awe.

Hundreds of bestial faces adorned the wall. They were all crudely carved either through magic or by 'hand.' There were no duplicates, and each one was distinctly some other creature than any of the other ones. There were normal creatures such as deer, rabbits, wolves, and birds alongside more exotic creatures like dragons, amanghs, vamolla, and other creatures that neither Elliot or Rosalie would be able to identify. And at the center of the carved room was an empty throne made of the steel door. Moss made up the cushioning, and it actually looked inviting.

Rosalie stopped Elliot from going further. "This is all newer than the rest of the building... I think the demon did this. I do not know why... although 250 years of boredom could do things to a mind I can not comprehend." Rosalie was scared out of her boots, but it was not showing in her voice. "We're here to get rid of this thing, right...?" Rosalie asked her companion. "It's kidnapping kids and women... It's gonna die." Rosalie just wanted confirmation. "Then prepare yourself."

Inhale. Oh boy, things were going to start. "I command thee to show thyself! I call upon thy name, demon sealed deep within the depths! I call it thrice, and so thou shall show thyself! Amurezuhr! Amurezuhr! Amurezuhr!" With each repeat of the things name, her voice grew louder. And as she finished, silence.

As a single drop of water fell behind them, it was clear they were not alone. Have you ever heard the shadows cackle? It's like an echo, but not quite anywhere in specific. It's never in your range of sight either. You turn around, and the laughter comes from behind you. It's a perpetual cycle of "You can't see me." And besides those with true-seeing (or a very passionate elf), the shadows would win this game of hide-and-seek.

"So thou art the one who called my name? I must applaud a mortal with the audacity to speak my name after doing such a horrible thing to me. Sealing me in this dungeon, that is." The voice seemed to come from all of the creatures, but no mouth moved. And from the ceiling, something thicker than crude oil but just as pitch black oozed downwards onto the empty throne. As it coagulated, it took a humanoid form.

It took a few seconds for it to finish, and the form was hardly human even if it were humanoid. Its skin was greyish-white, and its hair was the color of fresh ashes. Those two piercing eyes which lazed their gaze upon the intruders shone a bright red found only in the supernatural. Its head rested, bored, on its left fist. Its height and build easily matched the armor's. "So now you have my attention, mortals. Speak, before I lose my patience."
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:12 am

Elliot's eyes narrowed when Big Guy began chanting. Well, it wasn't exactly a chant, but it sounded like some sort of incantation. When Big Guy called out for the demon, Elliot's eyes widened and he had the thought of slicing through the armor pass through his mind. It was like this guy was trying to get them killed. Sure, if the demon approached them, Elliot would fight, but he'd like to be warned before the damn thing was summoned! And his hesitation likely cost him because a single drip of what sounded like water, but with an unnatural echo showed him that they were not alone. Elliot turned toward the echoing drop of water and watched this creature form before them, it's body distorted by shadows. Elliot's eyes were wide with shock and slight fear, having never fought a demon before.

Elliot gulped as this thing spoke, it's voice echoing through the carved out dome before it had even appeared. The very sound sent shivers down his spine and told him that he was not going to have an easy time with this. Once it fully formed and told them to speak, Elliot narrowed his eyes and pulled out the wakazashi that lay at his hip. "So this is what you've been doing with your time, eh? Building yourself a fancy hole in the ground?" Elliot's eyes narrowed, his confidence quickly regaining as he readied himself, "Where are the people you've taken from the village? Tell me now and your death will be quick." The demon smirked at this threat, as if he expected nothing to come from it. This angered Elliot quite a bit, causing him to ready his stance and prepare for this battle to start.

"You think a mere mortal can defeat me?" the shadowed demon asked, his voice leaking such a strong ego that you can practically see it drip within the shadows this one controlled. "You think a lowly mole can defeat me? You've done nothing through out the years except dig yourself a false palace in the dirt. Some demon, some power you've got." Elliot said just as cockily, smirking when he saw the demon before him narrow his eyes, "Something tells me years of isolation with no company beyond the ants in the dirt has left you rather... weak." That seemed to be the last straw because a shadowy serpent shot out toward Elliot. His eyes widened momentarily. He had no real time to react as his body was slammed into the once perfect dirt wall that surrounded them.

"Big mouth for someone so slow." the demon said with a smirk. Elliot's head hang there, his body not moving an inch as the snakes head pinned him in place. It looked as if the snakes fangs had pierced his body, but this was a foolish assumption. "Huge ego for someone so weak." Elliot raised his head with a smirk as if he had been completely unharmed. There was a reason he activated his protection power before they reached this area. He wasn't stupid. "What?!" the demon looked on in shock as he pulled the shadowy snake back to reveal the shadows just broke on his skin. "Funny thing about underestimating an opponent..." Elliot said as he dusted some of the dirt off, "It usually gets you killed." With that, he darted forward with an odd shift in his arcana; he switched his ability.

The demon assumed  that he had no ability to pierce Elliot's body with his shadows, so he attempted to defend himself instead of counter attack. A giant mantis-like claw suddenly appeared from the shadows, much more solid than the snake, as Elliot made his first swing. The demon smirked, figuring the sword would easily be stopped, but less than a second later, he felt the mantis claw  being cut through with little resistance, but just enough for him to jump out of the way of the rest of the swing. Unfortunately, the demon jumped straight toward Big Guy and figured the larger of the two would be more powerful. "Have you now!" the demon yelled and sent a large wolf head out to wrap it's shadowy teeth around the armored man. Assuming he was captured, the demon smirked.

"One move and I crush your large friend in the jaws of my wolf." the demon said and Elliot narrowed his eyes. A moment later, there was another shift in his Arcana; he once against changed his ability to protection over penetration. Elliot narrowed his eyes and sheathed both of his swords, staring rather intensely at the demon. "Let... the guy... go..." Elliot said in a rather threatening voice. "I don't think so." the demon said as the entire form of the shadow appeared and a large wolf just held Big Guy in his teeth. If Big Guy wasn't captured, Elliot would immediately rush in for the attack again, slicing through the neck of the shadowy wolf before a second attack could be implemented. Seeing he attacked the wolf and not the demon, the demon would move to slice at Elliot with another mantis claw. And this attack would indeed hit, slicing through Elliot's side and causing him to jump back.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:56 am

Rosalie was caught off-guard by how good at fighting Elliot was. He was able to counter the thing so easily. It was... amazing. Inside the armor, her blue eyes widened and sparkled as she whispered 'amazing' to herself. She had never seen someone fight like that. He seemed invincible. She might want to have this guy help her out... at least while she's learning the ropes.

Unfortunately, her amazement caught her off-guard as the demon's shadow wrapped around Rosalie. It was like a wolf's head, and she could hear it trying to tear into the armor. Of course, they didn't know just how durable this armor was. It wasn't just normal platemail. Hell, the guy was known as Walkelin the Devoted.' What did they think he was devoted to? Donuts?

Rosalie didn't have time to think. She didn't have time to go through her options. To her, she had one option."One move and I crush your large friend in the jaws of m—" In a half-free arm, a glass vial faded into view. Rosalie yelled out as she broke the vial on the wolf. "Eat Holy Water, you ugly son of a bitch!" Not that it was actually 'holy.' No, it was just what they called water meant to go up against demons. Specially enchanted to react to demons, it was.

The wolf burned slightly, howling as it let Rosalie go. Next, a weapon—a fierce one of many devestating uses faded in as well. It was quite terrifying to a can of beans, a bottle of wine, and twine. The almighty Swiss Army Knife (although not really a Swiss Army Knife, as the Swiss did not exist in this plane) was a mighty weapon indeed. But it looked like one of those plastic cocktail swords in the hands of the armor.

As the mantis arm tried to strike at Elliot, Rosalie... took the blow. The shadow panged off. It dented the armor, but that's it. "Mortals have one thing you don't have, Demon." The thing smirked. "And what might that be? Foolish actions?" Nod. "Yep!" And Rosalie tackled the demon. A full-on linebacker-style tackle. It didn't have strength behind it. But it did have weight. This seven-foot suit of armor was only light to Rosalie. To others, they might have wanted a horse to fall on them instead.

As the demon tried to writhe its way out, Rosalie called out to Elliot. "I have it pinned! Go for its head! Now!"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:34 am

So the Big Guy had a few moves, didn't he?! Elliot smirked. He was slightly surprised at what happened because of how difficult the guy said it was to even move in that armor. Once he was given the all clear, Elliot charged forward with a precise swing of his katana and sliced through the middle of the demons head. It stopped moving for a moment, it's body went limp, and then he fell to the ground. "Hm. Not as hard as I thought that was about to be." Elliot sheathed his blade and put his hands on his hips before looking down the other path, "Let's hope we find those people down there..." He gave a worried glance to the Big Guy and motioned for him to follow. They had no idea what they'd find down here. How many people had this piece of shit demon actually killed before they got here?

The path wasn't too far and opened up into a well lit corridor. A group of people, women and children, were all tied up and sitting in the middle of the room. It took a few minutes, but they finally noticed Elliot and the Big Guy. Some panicked, other's looked relieved, and the rest mumbled among themselves until one young girl came up and pulled on Elliot's shirt. "Are you here to help us or kill us?" Elliot's heart sank. That wasn't a question he'd ever want a child to feel necessary to ask. He glanced around at the rest, who looked at him for the answer, and then knelt down to pick the little girl up. "We're here to get all of you out of here." Elliot said and a torrent of cheerful voices and crying began. He went through and used his shorter sword to cut some of the people's bandages.

"Come on, get each other untied." he said as he sheathed his sword and then poked the young girl's nose. Everyone was soon untied and led out of the cave. A few people kicked the demons body over and over again as they passed him by, which caused Elliot to chuckle, but he pushed them along. Finally, everyone made it back to the village and was reunited with their loved ones. "Thank you... Thank you so much!" one of the men from the village came up to them. A few others began to follow his lead, coming up to Elliot and the Big Guy, shaking their hands, giving hugs, and thanking them over and over again. "Is there anything we can do for you?" one of the village women that was rescued asked. Elliot looked to Big Guy, "Isn't there something you wanted to ask about that armor?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:26 pm

Snicker-snack. That's what it sounded like. That's what a blade lopping off a demon's head sounds like. And it was not as appetizing as an actual Snicker's snack. The body writhed for a moment in Rosalie's arms before it finally fell still. The demon's head was stuck in a perpetual constipation-filled glare. Or maybe it was anger. Hard to tell at times.

Rosalie let the body fall and stammered back. It was still hard to move around. She couldn't turn fast, but the reason her tackle worked... was because it was a straight line. If the demon had moved to either side, Rosalie had no chance to take the thing out. But thankfully, the demon had been stuck in awe of Rosalie's stupid action. But you know what they say—it's stupid if it fails, and it's brave if it succeeds.

Rosalie took a moment to catch her breath, as even she didn't think it would work that smoothly. Rosalie stood at the entrance of the corridor, not wanting to startle the people inside. Elliot handled them so well. He was better at this people thing than she was. Rosalie let the people pass, and kept watch on the demon's body as they kicked it. As the last of the captives left, Rosalie gave a hefty kick to the body.

At the town, they were met with cheers. People tried to pick up Elliot and hold him up... but no one dared to with Rosalie. Understandable, really. Rosalie did her best to shake the hands of the villagers, and only hurt one or two. Elliot reminded her of her purpose in this village. Rosalie cleared her throat, which caused a few birds to scatter from the rooftops.

"I heard that the magus Odelius Clarembaut retired here centuries ago... I doubt he is still alive, but did he have any descendants? Or maybe some notes? The armor I am stuck in was cursed by him, and I was hoping that he might have some notes about the curse." A few people began murmuring within their circles, but one man finally spoke up. "Odelius Clarembaut did indeed retire around here. He had a family too. I am Fifer Clarembaut, one of his descendants."

Fifer held up a hand before Rosalie could speak up. "But there is little I can offer to help. My ancestor's notes are no longer in my possession. I can't wield Arcana like he could, and I had no use for 'em." Rosalie's head sunk in disappointment. "Oh... I see..." "However, I can tell you who should have them now. Odelius was known for enchanting armor, and that caught the interest of someone. Lord... Vaughn McLelland of Hillfort I believe. He arrived months ago and asked if I had any of Odelius's stuff, and I gave most of it to him. He paid for it by repairing many of the village buildings and providing us with food for a year. I'm sure if you explain your situation, Lord McLelland will be able to help."

Rosalie's heart was racing. She might finally get out of this armor. "Thank you very much, Fifer Clarembaut. I will not forget your kindness today." "Don't mention it. You saved many of our people today, so it's the least I can do." Rosalie turned to Elliot. "Would... would you mind helping me get to Hillfort?" Rosalie was doing her best impression of a puppy, although it would look more like a sentinel temple dog than a puppy when it came to this armor's face.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:26 pm