Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
Outcasts [Closed] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
Outcasts [Closed] EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
Outcasts [Closed] EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
Outcasts [Closed] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
Outcasts [Closed] EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
Outcasts [Closed] EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
Outcasts [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
Outcasts [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
Outcasts [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

2 posters

Outcasts [Closed]

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Outcasts [Closed] Empty Outcasts [Closed]

Post by Tsubine Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:20 am

Outcasts [Closed] Header13

Daywood was Ophelia's next stop in her search for her homeland. She was not of this country, not even of this continent. She was not Arcadian, Braukan, Cierian, or even Zakatian. Where she was from, she did not know. It was an island that exists on no maps. And right now, it was hard to say that it even existed. It was currently nothing but sand and rock covered by a thick layer of ash. No trees, no grass, and certainly no creatures grew on it. But Ophelia knew none of this. She knew that she was not of the outside world, and her place seemed to not be here. So every one of Ophelia's travels has been in search of a way to get back. And she has not had one lead that surmounted to anything.

Daywood being the city of retired adventurers was suggested to her by her last lead. If anyone were to know of this town personally, they'd be there or in the Desert Rose guild in Colburn. Daywood would be the better place to start for her, since she had been run out by multiple guilds in the past. Why? She had a habit of lecturing Arcanists on proper technique when she saw someone doing something wrong. It might not be necessarily wrong, but she liked efficiency.

It was only a little after dark when Ophelia decided to retire for the night in the Karvanas Inn, one of the many inns in Daywood. It was one of those inns that was a hidden gold mine. It was cheap, but had good rooms for the price. And Ophelia got this information by helping out someone deal with a busted axle on a wagon. She bade the innkeeper good night, her cloak still up, and went into her room. Only after locking the door and shutting her blinds did Ophelia remove her hood. She did not travel with any noticeable gear or backpack, and with the flick of her wrist, she was already dressed in a long and almost grandmother-like nightgown instead of her traveling cloak. That's the beauty of knowing as much magic as Ophelia did.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Outcasts [Closed] Empty Re: Outcasts [Closed]

Post by Serenity Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:44 am

Outcasts [Closed] Header%202_zpshzmlrqia

Kyohei had this bad habit of getting into trouble. It wasn't on accident either. He was just a trouble maker. So when he came to Daywood without anything in his stomach and even less in his wallet, there was only one thing he could think to do. Steal. He kept to himself for the first few hours, observing the town and finding a decent place to be able to escape to. He knew he'd get caught. He always got caught. His fiery red hair made sure of that. He could wear a cloak to hide it, but those were too hot! So when night fell and people began closing up shop, Kyohei waited for the owner of Saria's Bakery to turn away. The moment he did, Kyohei picked up a sack of gold coins off the counter and booked it. Hearing the shaking of the coin bag, the man turned and shouted toward him. "THEIF! SOMEONE CATCH HIM!" The words echoed easily out of the bakery, so people turned to Kyohei quickly.

"AGH!" Kyohei yelled at himself, annoyed at getting caught again. He saw some guards coming from down the street and ran in the opposite direction. The chase lasted quite a while, the shine of his red hair giving them the only hint they'd get to where he was going next. He turned another corner and saw an open window on the second floor of a building. "Peace of cake." With a running start, Kyohei leapt upward and grabbed onto the bottom railing of the second floor. He swung himself up and landed on a balcony, hurrying through the window before the guards turned the corner. "Shit, which way did he go?" "Let's try this way!" "I'll go this way!" The guards scattered, all in the wrong directions. Kyohei smirked and looked around the room he was just in. He heard someone step up to the door and begin to unlock it, so he panicked and hid in a near by closet. He looked for a way out of this quickly.

Kyohei pushed a few bags to the side and found a hidden door on the floor. "Ha." he smirked and opened it up, sliding himself into the floor and closed the door behind him. The space was cramped, but there was enough space to crawl. He moved through quietly, doing his best not to alert people of his presence. Unfortunately, Kyohei didn't realize the boards in some places were weaker from water damage and needed to be replaced. He crawled over them and suddenly it gave in beneath him. His body fell through a hole and down to the first floor. With a loud thud, he landed and held his head. "Ack. Shit, shit, shit, shit... Tha-..." he looked over to see a woman laying there. He blinked in shock and worry immediately hit him. Before he did anything else, he shot forward and placed his hands over her mouth. "Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry! Don't scream. Shh. Shhhh!" he said, trying to keep her quiet.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Post by Tsubine Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:01 am

Sometimes, Ophelia wouldn't sleep. She'd just cast a spell and keep on going. There's a phrase in the modern world "there's an app for that." For Ophelia, it's "there's a spell for that." Ophelia was a walking archive of magic. In her brain alone was the knowledge of 400-500 years' experience of the Arcane. What's more, Ophelia's magic had been cut off from the rest of the world. So while there was magic that she hadn't seen, she had magic that no one else had seen as well. So while she could cast a spell that would enable her to stay awake and still feel rested, she chose not to. She liked the feeling of a good bed, and this bed was good enough for her.

That was until someone fell onto the bed beside her. She immediately went to cast, but her mouth was covered halfway through her incantation. The language she cast in was unlike any other, even though she only was able to get half of a single word out. Thankfully, she had done exactly what she wanted to do. She had half of her cloak on, the rest of it was still her nightgown. Her face was now cloaked in darkness, save for her mouth. Even if one were to shine a light directly into her cloak's face, it wouldn't show her eyes, her nose, and most importantly, her ears. She attempted to cast again and again, and she even tried push the man away. But with only average strength, she was not going to be able to push him off.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:20 am

"He-... Sto-... Will you stop it!" Kyohei kept trying to calm her down, but she kept trying to do something. She even tried pushing him away, but he wouldn't allow that. "Enough!" he said as he grabbed on to her wrists and pinned them both above her head. He quickly returned a free hand to cover her mouth, using his other hand to keep her wrists pinned. "Are you done yet?!" he asked, glaring down at her. His yellow eyes were intense, but there was no hint of wanting to harm her. He was annoyed, but not angry. All he received was a grunt. A grunt!? "Oh, come on, lady! Ugh, I don't want any trouble, alright? Can you be quiet?" She was obviously annoyed and tried to say something in reply. He could have sworn she said 'okay' or 'alright', but wasn't sure. "Mmm..." he groaned in frustration. He hesitated for a moment, but finally removed his hand from her and stepped back.

She didn't scream. She seemed to cast a clothing spell of some sort, but that wasn't a scream. Kyohei watched for a moment more and sighed when nothing happened. He fell backwards onto his ass and just sat there, sighing in relief. "This day needs to end already..." he said. The guards outside were running around and a few passed by the window. Luckily, the curtains were drawn, so he didn't have to duck and hide, but he did hear what they were saying. "Anyone find him yet?" "No, not yet..." "Damn it... Old man Dorend is gonna be upset." "How much did he say was taken?" "Didn't say... But we need to find that red-headed bastard fast." Kyohei scoffed and narrowed his eyes. He pulled out the bag and opened it up. What he saw inside caused him to go white. "I can't... I didn't... Damn it! It was supposed to be a few silver and some gold, not a whole lotta plat! Aaagh!!" He looked up.

"Hey..." he took out a plat and tossed the bag at the woman in cloak, "You think you can return that to that Saria Dorend guy?" And like a light bulb lit up, he tilted his head, "What's with all the robes?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:45 am

Although he could not see it, Ophelia was glaring at him. She was enjoying her bed, dammit. The guards passed by and the man tossed a bag at Ophelia. She barely caught it, looked inside, and sighed. Then he dared to ask a question. He dared to ask a favor even moreso. Ophelia snarled and extended a hand towards the door. With a flick of her wrist, a staff about seven feet tall flew across the room and into her hand. She pointed it at the intruder. "I have no idea who that person is."

Ophelia's tone began to harshen and she actually began to levitate. "And even if I did, why would I do you a favor? Or even answer your question?" Colors danced on the inside of her cloak as it bellowed out around her, spreading like silken black wings. "You barged into my room—through the ceiling I might add—and held me against my will. So why should I do anything for you save for turn you over to the constable?" Ophelia let those words sit for about a second.

"That," her tone turned motherly and the magic show of force dissipated, "is what I'd like to say. But alas, I am but a wanderer. It is not my business to get into the petty affairs of the local law enforcement. And besides, you do not seem to be the type to be in this for greed or revenge." Ophelia heard his stomach make a noise that a bear would run from. She sighed and reached into what seemed to be nothingness as she pulled out a plat of her own. She placed it into the bag that was tossed to her. "There, now the shopkeep will not be missing any of his profits."

Ophelia began to focus her energy on the bag, and then let it go as she opened the window—but not the curtains. "Να επιστρέψει στον ιδιοκτήτη." The bag actually began to fly. It was tied shut, but it zipped out of the room and flew back to the shop of Saria Dorend. Saria was explaining what happened to the constable when a noticeable thwack hit his front door. It repeated time after time until the constable opened the door. The bag of platinum pieces was now back at the hands of its owner, and both of them were stuck at the sight of a flying bag of money.

Back in Ophelia's room, she was back on the ground—mostly. She was hovering about an inch above it now, her staff still in hand. She closed the window and turned to her intruder. "And if you are wanting to steal for food, then do not do so at the closing of business. You will end up with that kind of trouble." Another flick of her wrist and the three candles in the room lit up instantly. "Eπιδιορθώνω." Another spell cast and the ceiling began to repair itself too. "So, my intruder of the night... what is your name?"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:19 am

She was scary. "Tch..." Kyohei looked away from her. He kept glancing back as he was being lectured. He felt guilty sure, but it wasn't completely his fault! "I didn't barge in... I fell..." he muttered with a slight pout. He crossed his legs and placed his hands on his ankles as she continued on. He was expecting more lecture, but her tone completely changed. He looked back up to her with a blank stare. She was... weird. When his stomach growled like some sort of wild animal in the forest, he looked away embarrassed. He watched her do something with the coins, repair the ceiling, and make the candles light. "Ha, I can do that too." he said only about the candles. She asked his name, which he was about to answer when someone came banging on the door. "Hello? This is the city guard; we're coming in!" "Egh!" Kyohei looked around quickly, but there was only one place to hide: under the blankets. He practically dove onto the bed and pulled her down with him. "Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry." he kept muttering as he pulled the blanket over his head. "Please, please, don't let them take me!" he said and then suddenly 'fell asleep'. His head hit the pillow and he had an arm wrapped around her as if they were a couple. Within the next few moments... the guards will enter.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:45 am

Outcasts [Closed] Header10

This boy... ergh, annoyance was the name of what this man was making her feel. She wanted to grab the largest switch she could find and just beat his ass with it. But she wasn't going to. She wasn't his mother. She wondered where his mother actually was now. Then, the guard came knocking on the door. Ophelia swore under her breath and was about to do some spellcasting when Kyohei dove her into the bed. She instead let another flick of her wrist go and all but one candle went out. Ophelia muttered something under her breath as she, once again was back in her nightgown. She kept her ears hidden the best she could.

As the guards entered, Ophelia sat up (removing Kyohei's arm in the process), rubbing her eyes. "Are all of the city guards in this country so rude as to just barge in on a couple as they slept?" Ophelia sounded tired and annoyed as she spoke. "Ma'am, we heard a loud crash from this room while we were searching for a thief. He was seen coming through this area." One of the guards noticed someone in the bed. "Ma'am, who is in the bed?" Ophelia looked at all of the guards as she replied. "That is my husband, Ποτείνω."

As she spoke his "name," the guard were instantly put under a spell of suggestion. It wasn't changing their minds, but making her words more believable. "And as you can see, there isn't anything out of place here. It might have been an adjacent room." Ophelia had a nice smile which helped her suggestion. "Right, ma'am. Sorry to disturb you." Ophelia waved at the guards as they left. "I do hope you catch him," she spoke with an inflection that threatened Kyohei. If he did something like that again, she'd turn him in.

"Kατασιγάζω." As Ophelia spoke that, the room's noise was cut off from the outside world. They could hear out, but no one could hear in—save for a single elf. Ophelia spoke her spell of clothing again and was once again covered up by her billowing cloak. "You are fortunate that I have such skill in the arts of the arcane, else I would have had to use magic that would have tampered with their minds. And that magic, I assure you, is not quiet. And also, I would still like to know your name."
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:03 am

She went with it? Holy shit, she went with it! He kept still and pretended to be asleep while this woman and the guards spoke. His heart was racing so fast, but once they left his eyes snapped open and he jumped out of the bed. Landing surprisingly light-footed on the other side of the room, Kyohei sat back down and looked away from her. She cast a spell and something shifted, so he turned to her again. "Thanks... Didn't think you'd actually go for it." he said with a smile while rubbing the back of his head. Kyohei did notice the sound change. Even if he could hear things in the room, the fact that the normal and natural sounds of the outside world were completely cut off almost hurt his ears. It was strange and it took him a moment to get used to it. But as she explained things, he tilted his head. She was strange and surprising all in one. "You would have used some major magic to help me out, huh? That's nice of you... Not many are nice enough to do that, especially when I kinda fell through your ceiling... Haha." he said as he raised his arm and pointed his thumb at his chest, "The name is Takano. Kyohei Takano. So what's your name? And I still want to know what's up with the robes... How come you're not letting me see your face? You hidin' somethin'? Or are you just ugly under there?" Kyohei's blunt nature was taking over at the moment. He was a rude one, but he wasn't malicious with it.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:38 am

"I told you—I do not care for the petty affairs of local law enforcement. If I had turned you in, it would have dragged me into this conflict." Ophelia kept only the single candle burning this time, so not as to arouse suspicion. She picked up her staff from the wall once more and stared at Kyohei. "I would not have used that kind of magic to assist you." Ophelia was blunt. "It would have ended in failure, as more guards would come."

"My name is Ophelia, although the name Calypso is the one most end up calling me." If Kyohei had studied Arcadian mythology for more than a semester at a high school, he would know of the tale of Calypso—and that it is old, but only about 400 years or so. There was a man that wished to be king. He required power, and the half-elf Calypso was the best choice. She was a beautiful woman of periwinkle hair that flowed to the floor. Calypso was also an incredibly strong scholar, which is why the man wanted her. Once he became king, he began to search for a wife. Calypso, having pledged her life to this man, confessed her love, but was instead exiled to an island far, far away. The king's son, however, was also exiled. She fell for his son, and the night she was to give birth, she cast a spell that killed the king. However, Calypso and her daughter were both cursed to remember exactly what had been done.

Ophelia was nowhere near old enough to be the actual Calypso. She was, however, a direct descendant of the half-elf. She ignored the comment about the cloak. It wasn't something she wished to delve on. Instead, Ophelia muttered something under her breath and an honest-to-god cauldron formed, complete with boiling water. Ophelia reached inside of her cloak and pulled out a sack capable of physically holding only a few tomatoes. She began to pull out all sorts of vegetables from it and poured them into the pot. She muttered something else and the vegetables began to cut themselves into tiny pieces. Moments later, she had made a stew. With magic. She pulled out a bowl from a different sack as well as a spoon, and handed them to Kyohei. "You are hungry, are you not?"

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:50 am

Yep, Ophelia was a weird woman, but Kyohei wasn't one to mind that. He was strange too and besides that, this woman had actually stuck her neck out for him. If those guards were any more suspicious, they would probably have confronted her and realized Kyohei was the theif. "Calypso? Weird name. I like Ophelia though; It's not a name you hear often, so it's kinda pretty." Kyohei smiled widely. Another spell? How many did this woman have? Kyohei watched a cauldron appear and jumped back. He looked like he was about to run away, but froze half-way. He stared at the large black pot with wide eyes, blinking in shock a few times. His attention went back up to Ophelia and he watched the vegetable scene take place. They started cutting themselves? Well, wasn't this woman full of surprises.

Kyohei crawled over to the pot and leaned over it like an excited child getting their favorite dinner. "Ohhh... Hehehe." He chuckled happily, the excitement showing. His stomach growled again, but this time he leaned back and tapped it. "Yes, yes. I'm hungry... Awesome..." he said as he almost began drooling, "Food... Real food. I'm so hungry! Thanks Ophelia. This is gonna be great!" He took the bowl and began digging in. If the food was hot, it didn't seem to effect him at all. If it didn't taste good, he'd spit it out and complain like a child, but that wasn't the case. The food was amazing and he gobbled it down. "Awesome... Seconds please?!" he held out the bowl and smiled wider than before.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:04 am

Ophelia was glad that Kyohei seemed to enjoy her meals. That was one way to get her to soften. When people liked her cooking, it was like saying that they liked her. She wanted to find that one man that she wanted to cook for, and would cook for. So when Kyohei scarfed the food down, it did make her think a little more of him. He wasn't complaining, so that was a good sign. "If you don't slow down, you'll hurt yourself." Ophelia wasn't even talking about how hot the food was, but just how fast he was eating. It was worrisome.

"If you eat this entire cauldron, I'll have to roll you out of the room." Ophelia was still glad to give him seconds. And thirds. And probably even fourths considering how much he was eating. After that, she'd cut him off. She didn't eat, however. Although it was good food, she just wasn't hungry. She also never took her hand off of her staff, even as she dipped the bowl in to get more of this stew.

Ophelia gave Kyohei about two minutes to let his food settle as she cleaned up. She didn't do it by hand, but with magic still. She animated brooms and rags and let them just dance around the room as it became cleaner than before she checked in. As she finished, she let out a satisfied sigh and turned to Kyohei. "Now... shoo." Ophelia waved her hand to signal that she wanted him to go. "I am sleepy, and I am sure you will be fine on your own tonight. I am glad you enjoyed my meal, but I'm going to bed—and I'm not wanting to share a room with a stranger."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:14 am

Seconds. Thirds. And fourths! Finally he was full. His belly was so big that he might of actually have to be rolled out. Luckily, that was not the case. He was full and satisfied for days! His stomach was settling as she started cleaning the room. He watched her use her magic and wondered if she used magic for everything. Oh well. To each their own. And then he was shoo'd. "Huh? Wai-..." he moved back, surprised at her, but he completely understood. He sighed and stood up, stepping toward the window. "Alright, alright..." he pulled the curtains back, made sure everyone was gone, and then opened it up to jump out. "Thanks again for the food. Goodnight, sleep tight." he said before he hopped out of the window and vanished into the bushes below her window.

The next morning came and Kyohei was rather uncomfortable. He moved and a couple branches scraped along his shoulders and legs. "Ow!" he shouted and sat up.  His head popped out of the shrubs and came face to fave with a young girl. The child blinked at him a couple times and started screaming. He quickly ducked under and pulled a bottle out of his pocket. It was a potion. He quickly downed it and his eyes and hair both changed their color to brown. He stood up again and looked over to the girl who was calling him a red demon. The mother looked at Kyohei and told her daughter to stop being rude. With that over with, Kyohei turned right back around and pushed the window open. He jumped into the room and onto the windowsill, waving at Ophelia whether she was awake or not.

"Goooood mornin, Ophelia!"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:08 am

Ophelia was enjoying her sleep. She hadn't had a good bed in a while, so this was almost like heaven. She didn't dream—as always. Ophelia had too many thoughts dancing in her head, so it was hard for her mind to solidify on one thing when asleep. That was until she was awoken by a child screaming. She muttered something about shutting that brat up permenantly, but tried to go back to sleep. Ophelia was just about to finally get back to enjoying her bed when a familiar voice rang in. Ophelia snapped awake and said another incantation in a hurried tone and an invisible force pushed Kyohei off of the windowsill and back into the bushes. She stared at him as he got back into the room. "Why... you... Why are you here?!" Ophelia was quite angry right now. "And why did you wake me up?! There is no point in doing such a thin—why is your hair brown?"

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:27 am

"Huh? Aaah-Omph..." Kyohei was knocked out of the room and into the bushes by something he couldn't see. On his back with his legs in the air, he rolled over and rubbed his head, "Ow... What the hell was that?" He stood up again and dusted himself off before jumping back into the room. "Hey, what the he-..." he was cut off by her anger. He blinked, stared, looked left, looked right, and then back at her. He put his arms behind his back and looked away innocently. "My hair?" Kyohei looked confused, but soon remembered, "Oh right... No. It's a potion I have on me when I get into trouble. Doesn't last long, but it works." It was then that he remembered her original questions. "I dunno. I just came to say good morning..." he said as if that was it, but when his stomach growled again, he pat it, "And get some more of that awesome food. Come, on I'm hungry!" And then he realized something else. He stared at her, glanced her up and down, and placed his hands on his hips. "Well that's the first time I've seen your face..." he said with a large smile, "Decided not to hide it from me this time, huh?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:34 am

Ophelia's eyes (and ears) actually twitched. Her hands were shaking in anger. The guy came in to say good morning "You. Woke. Me. Up. Why would I cook you breakfast?" Ophelia then noticed that she was uncovered. She spoke that same word again and was once again covered. "You saw nothing." She wasn't going to let him see those hideous things growing out of the side of her head. Although Ophelia knew some incredible magic, any magic that attempted to disguise her physical self was met with complete immunity to such things. She couldn't be turned purple, but her clothes could. If she could use that kind of magic, her ears would never be seen again.

"You caught me while I was asleep, that is all." Ophelia actually sounded a little embarrassed. That is when something clicked in Ophelia's mind. She was going to ask why he didn't come through the door like a normal person. He could have—even should have, but he didn't. He came in through the window, almost as if it were closer. "Did... did you sleep in the bushes outside of my window?" After getting a confirmation that yes, he did, Ophelia sighed, and her voice turned concerned. "Are you truly so bad that you can not afford a night at an inn?"

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:39 am

"Ah, come on... I'm hungry!! And why are you so mad anyway?" Kyohei pout and turned his head away, "Bet you were gonna wake up soon anyway... You're just being mad to be mad." Kyohei asked about her face and the reaction he got was weird. He blinked and stared at her. "Yes, I did. I saw your face. It's in my brain and you can't take it away." Kyohei said in a teasing manner with a huge bratty smile, "Ack... Is that all that's under there? Why do you hide your face anyway? You're not even ugly or weird lookin'. Your skin is a little pale, but there isn't nothing wrong with that... It's probably because you keep the hood on all the time anyway. It's no fun hiding if you're not actually ugly or somethin'." Apparently she caught wind of where he slept. He shrugged. "Yeah... This one plat is gonna have to feed me for a long time, at least until I get to Aria. Wait... or was it Colburn? Ack! I can't go the wrong way again!" Kyohei collapsed onto the floor and just sat there, thinking to himself until she asked another question. He pout again and looked away, "Yeah, so? I ain't got any money besides the stuff I got last night and the people are now lookin' for me... If I used my potion then, it would have been gone by the time I woke up, so I had to sleep and hide at the same time... What's it to ya?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:00 am

Ophelia wanted to stab him. She honestly did. No, she wasn't going to wake up soon. She was just about to go back to sleep. She wasn't going to cook him breakfast after that. Hell, she barely knew the guy. Why did he even want to show up here? Was he that lonely? Did he truly not have anyone in town? And why did that bother her? When Kyohei made the comment about that she couldn't take that away, Ophelia turned to him and stared intently. Even if her eyes were covered, Kyohei could tell she was serious. "As a matter of fact, I can." Ophelia's threat was sincere. She could, but she wouldn't.

As he continued on, Ophelia sighed. "You are out of money, unsure of where to go, and I appear to be the only person you know in this town..." Ophelia flicked her wrist and the bed made itself. "Wait here." She stepped into the bathroom and locked the door—multiple times. Ten minutes later, Ophelia came out of the bathroom not looking any different. She did smell a little fresher though. "Come. We're going to get you properly outfitted for your travel. If you say no, I will turn you in to the constabulary."

Ophelia dragged Kyohei to a marketplace and began to buy all sorts of things. There was a bag like the ones she had, a set of new clothing for Kyohei that was lighter than what he had on, and most importantly, food. After about an hour of shopping, Ophelia dragged him to a stall that sold breakfast food. "Order what you'd like, and I'll pay for it." Ophelia ordered after Kyohei, but she only got a little bit of food—two pancakes and half of an orange. She found them a picnic table in a nearby park and, once again, dragged Kyohei there. She wasn't letting him out of her sight. "So why are you journeying to Aria or Colburn? Is there something for you there?"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:21 am

For the first time, Kyohei actually glared angrily at her. She can just say a few of her weird words and mess with someone's mind? Weird. He stayed silent after explaining the rest, unsure whether he wanted to actually stick around her now. She told him to wait, so he did. He wasn't sure why she wanted him to since she was so mad at him. This woman was weird, and now scary. When she returned, she was wearing the same thing and he looked dully at her. "Don't change your clothes? Aren't women supposed to do that?" Kyohei asked, having only one outfit himself. When he washed them... Well, he walked around naked for a bit. "Okay." Kyohei wasn't the type to do the honorable thing. She was going to buy him things? Awesome, he'll take it! Though, he was surprised about how much was bought. Clothing, gear, and food? It took an entire hour before the two were done.

"Food, food, food!" he said excitedly as they sat down at the picnic table. He may have been dragged over, but that was fine. He was getting food again! He immediately started stuffing his face, having ordered five pancakes, scrambled, eggs, sausage, bacon, hash-browns, toast, and even chicken fried steak with extra gravy. Oh, he was hungry! "Nom, nom, nom!!" he chomped down happily on his grub, practically inhaling it. "Hm?" he looked up from his food mid-chew and swallowed before speaking. "I gotta find someone who can tell me what's wrong with me..." he replied without thinking and took another bite and then spoke while eating, "It's in Colburn or Arcadia... Dun know which right now..."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:29 am

Rude. This boy had no manners. She couldn't very well call him a man with the way he was acting. He talked with his mouth full and just scarfed down everything that was put in front of him. It was a good thing that Ophelia had enough money to cover this. Ophelia was sort of an Arcane advisor for hire. If someone wanted an opinion on something arcane, Ophelia was a very good source. She had knowledge mainly of older items and how their magic was woven, but she could just as easily work with modern magic as well. Ophelia's slightly-annoyed expression dropped into worry. "And what is wrong with you? A bottomless pit for a stomach?" She tried to make a joke, but it probably fell flat. "You seem to be fine to me. Of course, some things can remain buried to the naked eye. I would think Colburn would be your best bet for now, though. It has that college of the arcane that might know more about what is plaguing you. Aria would not be a bad stop if you did not find what you are looking for there."
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:43 am

Kyohei kept his mouth shut and continued eating when she asked about what was wrong with him. He gave no other signs, but just refused to answer honestly. Instead, he went on with her joke. "I'm not a bottomless pit for a stomach! Or... whatever you just said! I'm just hungry. I don't get to eat very often! Hmph!" Kyohei took up a few more bites as she spoke, eating quickly, but obviously enjoying his meal. "Colburn? Is it that way?" he pointed north, still speaking with food in his mouth. It took a little time for him to finally finish eating, but once he was done he laid back along the picnic tables bench and pat his over-filled stomach. "Ahh... That was awesome." Kyohei said with a huge smile, "Who knew I'd actually meet someone nice comin' here... Maybe I'm no-..." He suddenly felt a tingle and sat up again. He blinked, as if something was in his eyes and looked to Ophelia. "My eyes. What color are they?" His potion was already running out, so they'd be turning yellow about now. "Aahhh! Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now." he rushed and started picking the stuff up that she bought him, "I'll meet you on the path... that way!" Kyohei just darted off in a random direction, not wanting to get caught. As he started running, the faint color of red began returning to his hair. "Aaahhhhh!" he shouted the entire time he ran out of the village, as if that didn't catch people's attention even more so.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:07 am

"Make sure to be kind to a stranger in return, Kyohei." Ophelia smiled at Kyohei when he said that she was nice, right before he started to freak out. Something about his eyes and hair. Why did he hide them? Did he see them like she saw her own ears? That had to be it. He mentioned something about a potion earlier, but it didn't last long. Ophelia could have offered to dye his hair (and eyes) for a longer period or make him better potions, but she forgot. She was also really, really angry. Now, she wished she had done something like that. She didn't get an answer to her question, but Ophelia was not going to follow her screaming... acquaintance. She was worried for him, but she didn't know Kyohei well enough to run after him. Instead, Ophelia began to ask around town if anyone knew details about the island from the legend of Calypso. She was searching for it, and most of what she got in returns were sarcastic good lucks with the occasional sincere "Sorry, but I don't know anything." Colburn might be her next stop too... But she continued on asking people if they knew anything...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 16, 2024 3:55 am