Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
Debt at First Sight [CLOSED] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
Debt at First Sight [CLOSED] EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
Debt at First Sight [CLOSED] EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
Debt at First Sight [CLOSED] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
Debt at First Sight [CLOSED] EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
Debt at First Sight [CLOSED] EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
Debt at First Sight [CLOSED] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
Debt at First Sight [CLOSED] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
Debt at First Sight [CLOSED] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

2 posters

Debt at First Sight [CLOSED]

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Debt at First Sight [CLOSED] Empty Debt at First Sight [CLOSED]

Post by Tsubine Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:03 am

"I can't wait to get out of this god-forsaken country... Korbit, how much longer?" "About two days, ma'am." "Bah, not fast enough..." Annerose slouched back into the carriage's lush bench. She stared at the passing terrain as the black carriage strolled across the Arcadian countryside. She was traveling from Colburn back to her hometown of Mont Blanc in Zakat. Her father sent her back after she smarted off to a business partner's son. To be fair, he did call her a "snot-nosed bitch."

Annerose did not like Arcadia. She kept the wagon door locked tight and drew closed whatever curtains she didn't want to see out of. Arcanists scared her, and this country was their homeland. She only went because her father made her. Annerose didn't share the carriage with anyone. It could comfortably hold six passengers, but Annerose had it all to herself. She didn't have friends to share it with, and most of her family didn't seem to want to be near her. But beyond that, Annerose used the carriage as a mobile bedroom. She slept in the carriage when it came nighttime rather than rent a room. While on the road, Annerose refused to step outside of the carriage.

They had just passed through the town of Daywood and were past the halfway mark. In fact, the carriage was making good time. Traffic was light thankfully. That was until something flew into the carriage hard enough to break through the door. Well, it moreso fell through the roof and through the wall. This took out about half of the carriage's structure and soon the black wood cracked and split apart. The carriage split into two as Korbit tried to bring the horses to a halt. Annerose was tossed onto the road and tumbled a few times. "Ow... Ow..." She stood up, dusting herself off in the process. She was covered in small scrapes and dust, much like a well-worn soccer ball.

Annerose's eyes locked onto the carriage and then onto something laying in the road a few yards back. It was... a human? And he was the cause of this. Annerose ran over to the young man and grabbed his shirt. She then began to shake him violently. "What in Ganahar are you doing?! Why did you break my carriage, you oaf?!" She obviously wasn't too concerned with his well being.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Debt at First Sight [CLOSED] Empty Re: Debt at First Sight [CLOSED]

Post by Serenity Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:18 am

Debt at First Sight [CLOSED] Header%202_zpshzmlrqia

"You really think you can catch me?! Hahahahaha!" Kyohei was running away from Daywood. A few guards noticed him and realized who he was. His damn hair was always in the way! A guard cut him off and Kyohei immediately drew his sword to defend himself. "You are under ar-..." "Nuh'uh. You aren't takin' me anywhere!" Kyohei immediately replied as the fighting began. He was holding back; he didn't want to actually harm them. He just kept defending himself until he saw an opportunity to bolt it. Once that opportunity presented itself, he darted off. He laughed happily as he ran along toward the road, but he wasn't paying attention. He ran straight off the road, off a cliff, rolled down a hill, and off an edge, flying through the air until his body slammed into and through something hard. The guards stopped at the top of the hill and laughed, turning away saying he got was he deserved.

"Ow..." Kyohei laid there in pain, "It was only three gold..." He whined to himself when something took hold of his shirt. His eyes widened when he realized he was suddenly being shaken by some girl. "UuuUUuuuUUuuUUhhHHhhHH... Let me go!" he removed her hands from his shirt and scooted away from her, "What the hell's your deal? Keep y'er hands off me chick!" Kyohei hopped to his feet and dusted himself off. He looked up and noticed the guards weren't chasing him anymore. "Shouldn't have made that second stop..." he sighed at his own foolish choices and looked around at the damage. It was some rich looking wagon that had been broken. He looked back to the girl and could tell that she was just some rich girl. He shrugged and waved her off, "Get over it. I'm sure you can buy y'erself another one anyway. Rich girl like you always has some extra coin; don't bother me anymore."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Post by Tsubine Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:46 am

"My deal is that you broke my carriage with your wild antics!" Annerose wiped her hands off on her slightly-torn dress. Her eyes narrowed in anger at the young man. He had a good face shape for a commoner. His eyes and hair were odd, but in the country of magic and world-destroyers, she wasn't entirely surprised. And then he had the nerve to wave her off. Annerose stormed over to him and grabbed his collar. And she shook him again. And again. And again. Just some rich girl. She wasn't just some rich girl. She was Annerose Minkovski. "Are you daft?! No one would sell a carriage to me in this country, and even if they did, it wouldn't be the same! That was a custom-made carriage by Feron Lebeau! But you won't know who that it is, so I suppose its maker does not matter."

Annerose's tone obviously turned haughty and condescending. But that quickly turned back to anger. "And besides, why should I pay for something you broke?! Don't you know the right thing to do is to pay me for it?" Then, Annerose realized something. She turned around to scan the wreckage. She didn't see him. "Korbit! Korbit!" "Yes ma'am, I'm fi—" "Good, now what about the Colonel? Is he okay?" Korbit stepped around from the front end of the carriage and looked around before finally stopping and mouthing "ah." "Yes ma'am, he seems to be unhurt." "Good, make sure he stays that way. AS FOR YOU," Annerose spun around to face the destroyer, "why did you fall from the sky to break my carriage?"

Last edited by Tsubine on Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:03 am

His collar was grabbed and he was shaken again. "UUUuuUUhhHHhhHH STOP IT!" he pulled away from her. He rubbed his neck and looked over to the broken wagon, rolling his eyes. He knew he broke her damn wagon, but what was he going to do about it? He didn't have any money to pay her. "Of course people will sell to a rich girl like you." Kyohei said as he stared down at this girl, "Money is money. Who cares who made the thing; A wagon is a wagon. And sorry, rich girl, I don't have any money to pay you." Kyohei shrugged all of this off like it was nothing. She was overreacting, obviously. And then suddenly she turned around and started looking for a korbit. Kyohei's eyes widened and looked left and then right, and then turned away from the girl and took a couple steps. The moment he was outside of her reach, he ran. He did so just in time to heard the "As For You" and laughed, waving back to her. "SEE YA, RICH GIRL!" Kyohei smiled widely as he continued on, hoping to leave the woman in the dust.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:24 am

He didn't listen! The nerve. Didn't he know to listen to his betters? Bah, street rats like him don't have any decency! "HEY, STOP! I SAID STOP!" Although Annerose yelled after him in quite a demanding tone, he didn't. This only pissed Annerose off more. He was annoying! He might have a good face, but he's so annoying! Just like the other commoners is what she thought to herself. "KORBIT!" Annerose's eye twitched a little, and a devilish grin writhed onto her face. "Detain him." Her tone was full of malice, anger, and vitriol.

"Yes ma'am." Korbit replied immediately, and soon the neighing of a horse followed by the rapid ca-da-rop of hooves against dirt signaled the hunt. Oh how Korbit loved the hunt. He was once a hunter, but his age forced him to stop such a thing. He rode past Annerose in a flash, a wicked glare in his glasses but an overall blank expression on his face. A horse is much faster than a person, which is why Korbit caught up to Kyohei so easily. The butler reached down and grabbed Kyohei's collar and pulled the boy off of the ground with a single arm. He then turned the horse around so fast, it almost seemed like it was drifting.

Korbit did not have the horse run back up to Annerose, but instead just gently walked it back, Kyohei still dangling from the side. "Detained, as you requested." "Thank you, Korbit. You did a fine job." Annerose seemed pleased with his work, and then turned to Kyohei—anger returning to her face. "So now that you won't be running away again... Why did you fall from the sky to break my carriage? And what is your name? This way if I have to press charges, it's less time I have to wait about in this country."
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:36 am

"Ha, stupid rich girl. Did she really think I was going to stick aro-... what is that?" he thought as he turned around and noticed a charging horse. HIs eyes widened and practically popped out of his head. "Ahh!!!" he yelled and tried running faster, but he was plucked from the ground. As the horse drifted along to a turn, he yelled more. Like a cat hanging from the hand of it's owner, Kyohei hung there and stared at the blonde woman with annoyance as they got closer to her. "You're kidding me right?" he said before she spoke up again. Kyohei just stared at her while she lectured and questioned him. When she finally shut her loud mouth, he rolled his eyes. "You're not very smart, are you?" he said with annoyance in his tone, "Do you really think I'll tell you anything? I don't care if your wagon was broken. If you actually think someone falls out of the sky just to break your stuff, you're more self-centered than any person I've ever met. Also..." Kyohei stood up straight and his feet hit the ground. He crossed his arms and stared down at her. "If you have such a problem with Arcadia, why'd you leave Zakat? Daddy issues?" Yep, he went there and he was being as insulting as possible with it.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:46 am

Slap. Kyohei's cheek would soon have a handprint the same color as his hair. Annerose has tears forming in the corner of her eyes. "Don't you dare say such a thing to me again." Korbit looked shocked as Annerose began to point at the young man. "What gives you the right to assume that you know anything about me? Do you really think I wanted to come here? Do you really think I wanted to come to this country where my life is on the line no matter where I step because of the world-destroying power you people have?! You have some nerve assuming that I want to be here. I just..." Annerose began to break down, tears flowing hard now. "I just want to go home..." Annerose fell to her knees, the proud woman now gone. She wsa crying her eyes out now. This was anger, terror, and embarrassment all in one unstable package. It was a good thing she was no Arcanist, else her powers might have gone haywire. "I could have gotten home... but now... now I'm stuck here and it's all your fault... so why did you break it?" Annerose still asked that between sniffles, but her tone was saying more than her words could. She was asking him what happened, but in her own way—no matter how selfish it was.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:59 am

"Mh..." Kyohei's face turned as he was smacked. The red mark on his cheek pulsed a bit, but it wasn't exaclty painful. He reached up and scratched it as this girl just broke down in front of him. He kept looking around at the sky, seemingly ignoring her, but the truth was that he didn't like watching a girl cry. After a few moments, he rolled his eyes again and looked back down to her. "Will you shut up about that? You don't ask a tree why it crushed the grass when it's trunk broke, the same way you don't ask the glass why it shattered when it hit the floor... I wasn't aiming for your damn wagon. I fell, you dumb girl..." Kyohei wasn't going to pick up on her 'what happened'; he wasn't that smart. His tone also softened a bit, even as he said 'dumb girl', it was obvious he wasn't angry or annoyed anymore. "Now get up..." he said, holding a hand out to her, "... You look stupid sittin' on the ground all cryin' and stuff... And if you want to go home, keep walking. Sitting around complaining about it isn't gonna help y'er situation..." Yes, for a moment, Kyohei was actually acting rather... cool.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:16 am

Korbit let the boy go when Annerose began to break down. Annerose just wanted to go home. She hated it here. She always had, and right now, it didn't seem like anything would change that. At least in Zakat there were trains that could take her from city to city. But here, she had to take the carriage. Annerose didn't actually like the carriage either. It was bumpy, dangerous, and most importantly, too slow. But it was still her wagon. As he spoke more, Annerose's sadness turned into her pouting. He was right. She was wrong. But like hell was she going to admit it. Instead, she just looked away from him. "Shut up... I don't look stupid..." She spoke half-mumbling, but then turned a bit more to him. "Hey... I'll... forgive you for breaking my wagon if you'll help with my luggage... You know... help me get back home... I won't pay you... but I guess I could buy you food..." Annerose spoke quietly as she accepted his hand and was pulled up by him. "But I'm going to need your name before anything else."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:20 am

He kept up a smile and an eyebrow when she decided to pout. She was a handful, wasn't she? "You want me to help you get home?" he replied as he helped her to her feet. He looked back to the butler on the horse and then to her. Part of him wanted to bolt it, but she was kind of screwed over because of his situation. "Aaagghh!! Don't you pay that guy for that kind of stuff?" he pointed back toward her butler. "I travel with a lot. Korbit isn't some superhuman." she replied and he looked over to the luggage. He immediately realized what she meant. "Oh..." Kyohei sighed and came to the conclusion that he wasn't getting to Colburn or Aria any time soon. Out of guilt, he was now going to be this woman's pack mule. "Wait... You said you'd buy the food right?!" he suddenly perked up. His smile got wider when she confirmed and he just wrapped his arms around her, picked her up, and spun her around. "Food, food! Delicious food! Alright, you've got yourself a deal. You pay for the food and I'll make sure you get back home quickly and safely!" His smile stayed as he put her down, "The name is Kyohei. What about you, rich girl?" He stepped over to her luggage and began picking things up.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:05 am

Annerose wasn't going to look at him in the eyes while requesting aid. It was embarassing. He was also taller than her. Hmph. One day she'll be able to literally look down on someone her own age! It just wouldn't be this day. But when he got frustrated and asked why wasn't Korbit doing it, Annerose looked at Kyohei like he was stupid or blind. "I travel with a lot. Korbit isn't some superhuman." There was far too much for a single person to carry. What, did you think Annerose would carry her own share? Ha! No. She'd carry one suitcase and her overnight bag, but that was it.

"Yes, I di—AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" As she tried to answer his question, she was hugged and spun around a couple of times. She continued to scream as he did so until he finally sat her down. She took three steps away from him as she regained her breath. "Don't... do... that... again..." she wheezed. "And," Annerose cleared her throat and straightened her back, "I am Annerose Minkovski, first daughter and second child of the Minkovski family which owns have of Minkovski-Gusarov corpora—Hey, are you even listening?!" As Annerose was giving her self-introduction, Kyohei had already begun picking up her luggage.

Then something caught her eye. He began to pick something up and Annerose darted over and snatched it out of his hand. "Don't. Touch. The. Colonel." Annerose was panting from being out of breath, but her red cheeks were from embarrassment. Tightly held to her was a stuffed bear, and it was what Kyohei was about to pick up. No one had been allowed to touch the Colonel, and she'd fire any servant that did so. "The only time you are allowed to touch the Colonel is if he is in danger." After getting that through Kyohei's head, Annerose's expression did soften. "So, Mister Kyo... Kyo.... hei, right? Yes, that was it. Why did you fall from the sky?" Annerose had to carefully word that, so as not to bring about the same avoidance as earlier.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:01 pm

Kyohei found her reaction toward spinning hilarious. He laughed as he made his way over to her luggage. He was only half-listening too. "Uh... Yeah. Your name is Anna and you have a weird last name and are a rich girl part of some famliy or whatever..." Kyohei said as he began reaching around. He went to pick up a stuffed animal, but it was suddenly snatched from his reach. "Hm?" he blinked at her, confused, "Okay... I won't touch it... Weird girl." And when it was in danger? Seriously? It was just a damn stuffed animal. If it was in danger, she wouldn't find Kyohei running to protect it. Either way, he continued picking up what he could carry. And if she thought he was going to carry ten suitcases, she was seriously wrong. He picked up two and put a bag over his shoulder. Anything else her butler would have to do or she'd have to deal with leaving it behind. "It's not Kyokyohei. It's Kyohei." he said with a mischievous smirk and stuck his tongue out at her. When she asked her question, he just stared at her. "No reason." he shrugged and looked around, "Where exactly are we going? You make me lead and I'll get us lost easily." Funnily enough, he almost said that with a sense of pride.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:15 pm

"Annerose," she interrupted. How dare he shorten her name. He didn't even know her. Or wait. Maybe she spoke too fast. Yeah, that was it. She spoke too fast for his poor little commoner brain to comprehend. But it didn't excuse his shortening of her name. "And my family name is perfectly normal in Zakat." Annerose was not patriotic, but she was nationalistic. She believed in her country—the land and people in it—but didn't particularly care about the government side of things. That was too complicated for her.

"I know it is just Kyohei, hmph." And now he was correcting her? What a nuisance. He better not make her regret this. "Uh huh... So you just fall out of the sky for fun?" She sounded skeptical at first, then shrugged. "It must be a commoner's game I would know nothing about. Or it could be one of your 'Arcane tricks' where you just fly about." And then for where they were going. "To Zakat, obviously. We follow this road and it will take us to mountains that border the countries. From there it is only a hop, skip, and jump away to my manor in Mont Blanc." And then, Annerose actually briefly smiled. "And don't worry, I'll make sure you don't get lost, Kyohei." Although her tone made that smile look a lot scarier than it was...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 16, 2024 3:57 am