Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
A New Mission [Closed] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
A New Mission [Closed] EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
A New Mission [Closed] EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
A New Mission [Closed] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
A New Mission [Closed] EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
A New Mission [Closed] EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
A New Mission [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
A New Mission [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
A New Mission [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

2 posters

A New Mission [Closed]

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

A New Mission [Closed] Empty A New Mission [Closed]

Post by Serenity Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:38 am

A New Mission [Closed] Header3_zpsfkxuckti

Brakas was a pain in the ass.  Luxanna was able to pick up the lunatics trail just outside of the entrance to Ford Mine, so it wasn't hard to figure out which way he went. The problem was his destructive capabilities, endless resources, and the fact that if he knew he was out classed he always ran like a little bitch. And now, Brakas L. Murphy was running. Luxanna followed his trail with this new Zakatian acquaintance of hers. They were heading south and the moment that they came to the Zakatian border, almost as if she drawn her own personal line in the sand, Luxanna stopped in her tracks. She actually took a few seconds to continue on, weighing the options of continuing on or let those arrogant Zakatians take care of him. Either way, she stepped forward and after following him to the small town of Ridgecrest in the middle of the Silverwood, he was finally apprehended.

After fighting a few guards over it, Luxanna pulled a huge fuck you and used her powers to make herself and Brakas go invisible. She felt it rude to explain nothing to Tsubine, so she decided to tell the woman where she was going. She didn't whisper it. She didn't have to. Luxanna said it loudly just to anger the men of Zakat even more. She dragged the bound and unconscious man out of the village and back into the forest. He was her catch and they could deal with it. Once she got him over the Arcadian border, if they wanted to turn this into a political game, Luxanna had no problem with that. Luckily, they didn't follow and once she got the bastard over the Arcadian border, she turned him in at the next town: Ardale. After a few days of travel, the deed was done, the reward was collected, and Luxanna was finally going home. She just wasn't expecting Masamune's panic when she got there...

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

A New Mission [Closed] Empty Re: A New Mission [Closed]

Post by Tsubine Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:03 am

A New Mission [Closed] Header1

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Tsubine did not join Luxanna on the trip back to Caydale. After hearing what crimes Brakas L. Murphy had done in Arcadia, she realized that it was more appropriate for him to be brought to justice there. But there wasn't anything to keep her with Luxanna. She smiled and waved her off, and told the young beautiful lady that she hoped they could meet once more and that she hoped that it would be under more casual circumstances. And with that, she returned to Zakat. She'd go and help out the towns that Brakas had attacked and finally recover her horse.

In Caydale, however, things were not so smooth. Masamune Fujiwara had taken to drinking to sleep. At night, he'd have to pass out to get any bit of sleep. If he didn't think Luxanna would be more help than just randomly searching the world hex by hex, he would not be here. What was Masamune so worried about? Luxanna was about to find out. As she approached, Masamune noticed her. He literally hopped off of the roof and began to literally charge. By that, I mean he was literally phasing in and out of being electricity.

"LUUUUUUUXXXXAAAAAANNNNNNNNNA!" Masamune was not excited. That's not what his tone said at all. It was sheer worry. As he approached her, he basically used her as a brake and placed both of his hands on her shoulders. Out of breath, he took a minute to regain speech capabilities. "Luxhuffanna. Nahuffdia. huff Missing. huff Help. huff Find. huff Her. huff" And Masamune's heavy breathing continued until he could actually talk. "Nadia's gone, Luxanna! She's been missin' for three months now, no letter, no nothin'."

Last edited by Tsubine on Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:48 am

The trip back to Caydale was a quiet one. The entire time back, Luxanna wasn't able to shake the lonely feeling she had. She had gotten used to having a certain blonde woman talking at her. It was odd, since Luxanna wasn't exactly the most friendly to her either. Finally, she came to the edge of the city and the Noir Guild Hall was in sight. She began to relax as she approached until a loud and worried filled yell hit her ears. She raised her head and placed her attention on a familiar man. He was acting strangely. As he got closer, Luxanna braced herself. He used her as a break and she slid only a couple inches as his hands met her shoulders. She figured he'd be able to mostly stop on his own; he had more control than that. "What, what, what?!" Luxanna replied eyes wide with worry over Masamune's behavior, "Calm down, catch your damn breath, and tell me what you're freaking out about."

Finally he stopped the huffing between words and Luxanna realized what was going on. No letter? Nadia was often gone for a long time, but no letter or any contact at all meant something might have gone wrong. Nadia wasn't the type to forget about Luxanna and Masamune, even if something was distracting her. "Come on." Luxanna hurried into the Hall and her office. She pulled out an Arcane Tracker and turned it on. She picked a certain file and a dot came onto the screen. "What the fuck?" Luxanna's eyes widened. The dot wasn't even in Arcadia, which Nadia would never leave... willingly. "She's...  in the Southern Face of the Nargundin Crags... Why the hell is she there?!" Luxanna herself began to panic. Her eyes were wide, body tense, breathing heavy, and she was pissed off. She looked to Masamune. "You have two minutes. Grab your shit and let's go." she packed away the tracker.

Luxanna was outside within moments, counting down the seconds in her head for Masamune to get there. She left another in charge for a while and told them to spread the word about Nadia. If anyone was in Zakat, they were to drop what they were doing and head to coordinates that Luxanna gave. Unfortunately, there were no Noir members in that direction, but she'd still rather have the word out. "Mm... There's someone in Zakat I'm going to ask for help." Luxanna said and went quiet, knowing that she'd probably get some reply about her actually having contacts in Zakat, "I just met her recently... I'm hoping she'll know the area... And get us through that damned City of Iserlohn... We're going to need to pass through that fucking place to get to Nadia." Luxanna began picking up her pace. She kept thinking about Nadia and just went faster and faster until she was in a sprint. "Let's move!"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Post by Tsubine Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:09 am

A New Mission [Closed] Header1

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Masamune was always worried about Nadia. That little white haired girl always got into trouble when he wasn't around. Bah! He should have gone with her. Masamune followed Luxanna, but he actually had to slow down to keep up with her. He had a habit of blinking in and out of being electricity when panicked. Masamune didn't understand what kind of Arcane Item she picked up. Technobabble wasn't exactly his thing, and he never wanted to learn it. He could barely read, so it was easier on him. "She should be somewhere in Arcadia... not tha' Empire..." Masamune did, however, know his geography. Despite being so young, Masamune had practically traveled across the world. He hadn't made many friends, but he had been places.

Masamune didn't pack much. In fact, other than a small satchel, he wasn't carrying anything out of the ordinary. The satchel was, of course, a bag of holding. It had a tent and a sleeping roll as well as some alcohol. Masamune darted besides Luxanna and the two began their trek southwards. "Oh? Wazzat? Ya gots someone in Zakat? I bet it's some pretty lady friend." And sure enough, he was right. It was a she. And in Masamune's mind, Luxanna only dealt with pretty ladies. "If it's someone ya know, I bets she's as smart as ya are." Masamune nodded emphatically.

[THREE DAYS LATER]

Although they had made good time, Masamune and Luxanna still hadn't found that lady friend. Masamune had tried talking in the first town they came across, to no luck. Mainly because people were terrified of him and could barely understand him. Luxanna took over being the tongue of the group after that. The third town, Masamune was about to say that if they don't find her, that he'd find a way through Iserlohn. As they were about to enter, Masamune noticed someone on the edge of town carrying some lumber. She was a blonde and tall, and had Masamune a single more brain cell, he'd know that she was the one Luxanna was talking about. He noticed her before Luxanna, and pointed her out. "We can asks that tall lady over there. I bets she's seen yer friend! Hard ta miss anythin' from up there." And yes, Masamune was making a jab at how tall this woman was.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:20 am

The two grabbed hints from every place they went, starting in Ridgecrest. They traveled through two towns before arriving here. Luxanna always asked about a woman named Tsubine. She was tall, blonde hair, and oddly violet colored eyes in comparison to the Zakatian blue. Her leads brought them here. Luxanna didn't noticed the woman carrying lumber. She was busy asking someone who scoffed at her and asked what she was doing with an Arcadian Devil. It took all Luxanna had not to assault the bastard. In fact, the only reason she turned away was because Masamune mentioned a tall woman they could ask. Luxanna's mind immediately moved from the asshole in front of her to look toward Tsubine. She sighed. "Finally. That's her." Luxanna rushed up to Tsubine and practically slid to a stop in front of the woman, "Hey. Remember me? Of course you do! Now, I need your help."

"A friend of mine is in Zakat. Why? I don't know. She's not supposed to be. She is way off the boundaries of where she knows she's allowed to go. I have two possibilities in my mind. One, she was taken by slavers and brought here by some asshole who wants to avoid the Arcadian Justice System. Two, she's very very very lost, scared, and probably freaking out. I don't know how to get through this country on my own anymore and I need a sort of... guide, if you will. I don't trust any other dirt-bag in this place, so you're literally my only hope. Can you help us?" Luxanna was talking very very fast for her usual speech. Luckily, she was quite the articulate woman so nothing was hard to make out. It was obvious that she was freaking out and extremely worried over whatever might be happening to her friend. To describe her behavior in one word, Luxanna was absolutely desperate at the moment.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:40 am

A New Mission [Closed] TsuMasa

Tsubine's heard skipped a beat when she saw Luxanna. She sat the lumber down quickly and turned just in time to see her friend sliding to a stop. She was about to say hello and greet her when Luxanna went on and on. Tsubine's eyes narrowed as she went along. This was bad. Tsubine remained silent for a moment as Luxanna finished, her friendly demeanor now hard to read. Then she sighed and smiled. "I am surprised you would think I wouldn't." And then, Tsubine pulled Luxanna into a quick hug that didn't even last long enough for Luxanna to push away. "It is good to see you again though, Luxanna. Let me inform the mayor I will be leaving, and then we shall be off."

Tsubine darted around a corner and began to talk to someone. "I was right... she is a purty lady." Masamune was a bit in awe in how quickly the woman said she'd help. It didn't take a minute for Tsubine to return. And that was when she noticed Luxanna's traveling companion. "Ah, you must be in Luxanna's guild. I believe it was the Noir, correct? I am Tsubine, and I am glad to meet a friend and co-worker of Luxanna's." Tsubine did a polite curtsy with her armored dress, to which Masamune only scratched his head. "I ain't 'dat impor'ant... Tha name's Masamune, and yah, I work with Luxanna here. She's kinda my boss, but also not my boss. It's a weird thing that'd take too long ta 'splain. Ya said ya'd help, right? Then let's git goin'." Tsubine blinked a little, and then turned to Luxanna with a look of "is he always like this?" And yes, yes he was. "First, I think we should know where we are going first. You said that your friend is in the Empire, but do you have an idea of where?"

After getting the directions, Tsubine nodded. "It has been a few months since I have been south of the capital, but I do know my way around there, yes. I can get you through Iserlohn with no problems." Tsubine then whistled something, and a bird screeched down from the sky above and swooped over Masamune's head, forcing him to duck and swear. "Now then, let us be off to save your friend."

[One Day Later]

Although they could have taken the train to get there faster, Masamune was afraid of them. Something about them gave him the creeps. Tsubine couldn't help but to laugh at that, but it wasn't too big of a deal. There were still roads. Tsubine bought all three of them horses, and the three began to head south. While setting up for camp on their second night of travel, Masamune decided to speak up. "So, miss... uh.." "Tsubine. And please, do not use 'miss.' That makes me feel old." Tsubine let out a small giggle. "Ah, right... Sorry 'bout dat. How do ya know Luxanna?" "Well..." Tsubine actually blushed. "She sort-of saved my life while I was hunting down that Brakas fellow. He had tried to attack a village here in the Empire, but only stole random things. I never did ask him why..."

Not long after, there was a rustling in the trees behind them. Tsubine picked up on this first, and she drew her sword in a flash that was almost hard to see. She then began to actually sniff the air. "I can feel a primal urge to kill... And the smell... it is definitely an animal of some sort..." Then, a pair of red eyes approached the camp. "Not good..." A large beast with golden fur and a mane of white stepped out of the shadows. Atop its snarling head was a pair of wicked antlers designed to gore and maim its prey. "This is not good. That is a Ladryx." The Ladryx was common to Zakat, southern Arcadia, and northern Cieria. The creature was the size of a moose, but it had a body similar to a lion. Its head, however, seemed more canine than anything. And this one was hungry.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:15 pm

With every passing hour, Luxanna's anxiety was doubling. She kept looking at the device that told her where Nadia was. She wasn't moving. She was in the middle of the crags and wasn't moving? She kept this from Masamune, not wanting to worry him more than he needed to be before they'd found the girl. After not taking a single break throughout their day of travel, Luxanna finally agreed it was time to stop. She had exhausted herself and likely the other two. If they were moving too slow, she'd force them to move faster. If they asked for a break, she'd glare and tell them to stop being a weakling. It wasn't until they finally stopped that Luxanna realized how hard she had run her own body. Camp was set up and Luxanna stayed silent. She kept wondering whether they had passed Fennmont at all. This was going to be a long and dangerous trip, but it was one they had to take.

Luxanna's attention was caught when the two started talking. Luxanna raised an eyebrow the first time Tsubine giggled and then at the damn blush. Uh'huh. Okay, she knew where that was going. Luxanna tuned herself out of the conversation until Tsubine mentioned the urge to kill. "What the hell did Masamune say?" she asked, but soon the beast made itself known, "... Oh." Interesting. She could feel this creatures intent to kill, huh? Luxanna didn't even flinch. "Don't move." A moment later, a bright light snapped in front of the creatures eyes. It was blinded momentarily, so Luxanna used this to spread an invisibility cloak over the three of them. When it could finally see again, everything was gone. "They're particularly patient animals... so this could be a problem." Luxanna whispered, watching the beast closely. It couldn't see them or pinpoint them, but that didn't mean it'll leave.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:58 pm

Had it been a less intelligent creature, Luxanna's trick with the lights would have worked. It would have seen that they were gone, smelled nothing, and moved on. But Ladryxes aren't just any creature. They're sometimes compared to dolphins, which only adds to their terrifying appearance. Scary looking and smart? Ladryxes are some hunters' worst nightmare. So when its prey disappeared, the Ladryx took a few steps back and actually began to lie down. It didn't sleep, but instead watched. "I don' think it's gonna leave us alone..." Masamune whispered to the other two, and Tsubine nodded in agreement. "I will handle it. You two stay back."

And with that, Aquila dove from a tree above towards the Ladryx. With its attention on the bird, Tsubine charged out of invisibility cloak. The creature noticed this slightly too late. Tsubine swung at it, slicing one of its two antlers off. That was when the second Ladryx burst out of the shadows. This one lacked a mane—a female. However, it had the same wicked antlers the other did. Tsubine was about to gored when Masamune's blade met the antlers. As the creature continued to push onward, one of Masamune's hands went to his hip. With a blur, a block of wood and iron was pushed to the charging beast's torso. There was a small click followed by a deafening boom. Fire lept from the beast's chest as a short-barreled musket blew the thing's heart to pieces.

Tsubine took the opportunity to swing her sword again, bringing it in with a single stab this time. Like the musketball, Tsubine's own blade tore apart the heart of this beast. As the beast slumped, she removed the blade from the beast. And yet, Tsubine was not out of breath. Her eyes were wide with a beastial rush, but they soon returned to normal. "Thank you, Masamune. They normally do not hunt in pairs, so I was not expecting that. You have quick reflexes, and without them, I would have come out of that a little bloodier." Tsubine never once said or thought she was going to die. She has ways to survive situations like that. "'Sno pro'lem. Glad I was able ta save ya." "And Luxanna, thank you for that light trick. It was the only way we were able to 'get the drop on' it as they say." And that was when Tsubine yawned. "Hmm... Yanno what, you two ladies get some rest. I'ma go and clean these. We can have some meat to travel with." Masamune strained to pull the two corpses away, but he did.

"Your friend is a good man, Luxanna." Tsubine watched as he disappeared into the shadows. "I think I know how we can shave three days off of our time, but I can not quite explain it without a map..." Tsubine slipped inside of her tent and came back out without her armor on. Underneath the armor was just a simple purple dress. "Luxanna, do you mind... if I ask you a personal question?" If told no, Tsubine would understand—but look a little sad. If told she could, then Tsubine had an odd question to ask Luxanna. "Are you and Masamune an item?"

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:39 pm

Luxanna didn't even move. For one, she was invisible. For two, Masamune was here. Luxanna wasn't a major fighter, so when Masamune was here, she didn't waste her energy on an enemy. Instead, she sat back and watched the two take care of these beasts. It didn't take long for the animal couple to be taken down, though Luxanna's mind immediately fell toward the possible cubs they had somewhere in the forest. Oh well. Once things were done, Luxanna let the cloak fall away, her body reappearing in a light wave of glitter. The compliments went out and Luxanna nodded to the one she received. "Stay close." Luxanna told Masamune. She never ordered him around, but always made rather intense suggestions. He went off and Tsubine came over and complimented Masamune. "Pfft." she held back a laugh, the noise coming through her nose, "Yeah... I guess, one of the rarities these days."

"You can ask, but I won't promise an answer." Luxanna immediately replied. When Tsubine asked the question, Luxanna held back another laugh, though it was a little harder. She quickly composed herself and cleared her throat. "Hell no." she replied with an almost offensive tone, "He's a good kid that I work with, a good friend. Nothing more... And how are you going to shave three days off our trip?"
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:11 pm

Tsubine blinked when she Luxanna held back a laugh. So... she was wrong? Okay then. Luxanna confirmed that, and for some reason, a weight was off of her shoulders. Tsubine un-rolled the map of the Empire of Zakat she brought out of her tent. She sat down next to Luxanna, and if Luxanna wasn't sitting, she motioned for her to. Tsubine placed a couple of rocks on the corners to keep it from rolling up on them. She motioned to where they were, approximately. And they had made it south of Fennmont by about fifty miles. They were on the edge of the forest that bordered Iserlohn.They were about a day's ride out of Iserlohn. Tsubine showed Luxanna their plan of travel, which kept them to the western coast for most of the journey.

South of Iserlohn, there was a narrow stretch of land that bordered a lake and the sea to the west. "This land bridge will allow us to avoid the Fell Jungle. With just the three of us, it would be a good idea to try it. From there..." Tsubine continued on, leading them near to Hedoria and south. Once the Nargundin Crags came up, Tsubine stopped. There was a small pass south of Hedoria that she pointed out. It wasn't easy to see on the map, and it in fact seemed like it was added by Tsubine herself. "This is an old military supply route. It is a canyon pass, and it will allow us to avoid the trek around the mountains. This, combined with the land bridge, will shave off around three days' travel."

After the explanation, Tsubine spoke up again. "Hey Luxanna, how long have you been with the Noir? It seems like an interesting group. I have only met you and Masamune, but you both are interesting and exciting people. Your friend that we are rescuing, what is she like?" Tsubine stretched while Luxanna answered, but listened patiently. "I have another personal question for you... What is it like living in Arcadia now? I lived in Colburn for a few years while attending Rydian, and I was wondering if the country was any different... or if Colburn was just different from the rest of the country."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:49 pm

The plan was straight forward and well thought out. Luxanna was right to ask Tsubine for help. She nodded as everything was explained and even kept examining the map to memorize the path they'd be taking. She especially took note of the military supply route that Tsubine had made. "Alright. Thank you." Luxanna said as she finished with the map. She sat back and relaxed, feeling a little more at ease now that she had an idea on where they'd be going. "Hm?" Luxanna looked to Tsubine as the question was asked, "I founded it. Well... Technically Masamune, Nadia, and myself all founded it, so I've been there since the beginning." Luxanna leaned forward and crossed her legs. "As for Nadia... She's a child. She's a naive young girl who likes exploring. She's sweet, cheerful, and brings a smile to anyone's face. She's..." There was hesitation, "almost like a daughter to me... if not a younger sister."

And then the next question confused her. "Arcadia... hasn't changed... I mean, there was the shift from the King and Queen to the AA about a century ago, but I doubt that's what you're meaning..." Luxanna raised an eyebrow, reminding herself that this woman was a Zakatian. There were things she would not reveal for the sake of the country she now loved. "If you want a better answer to that question, you're going to have to tell me what you mean." she continued on, "Especially with what you mean about Colburn being different from the rest of Arcadia... I don't understand that."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:06 pm

Tsubine was quite in awe. "You... you three founded it?" Tsubine's eyes were wide in amazement. "I know you and Masamune are so young, so to have founded a guild like that... That is truly impressive." Tsubine then thought to her own life. She hadn't done anything like that. She was young, but Luxanna was about the same age. "Nadia sounds like a good person too. You are surrounded by good people, Luxanna."

As for Tsubine's question about Arcadia, Luxanna was rightfully confused. Tsubine thought for a moment and then crossed her own legs. "Well, I grew up on the border. Kind-of literally, actually. Manalt was right on the border, and there was an Arcadian town on the other side. It is called Redwood, and that was my first exposure to Arcadian culture. My best friend growing up was from Redwood. That... didn't quite sit well with my father. But when I went to Colburn, it was different there. I guess it was because of the school, but it just did not feel like I thought your country would."

"And the people... There were so many people. A lot of strange people too. There was one guy with glasses that I could never beat in a sword fight. There was this other guy who had this weird ability to separate his body... And then there was Cornelia, she was a dra—ah." Tsubine froze and stopped herself from talking. She remained silent for a few seconds, then began to speak again. This time, however, she was more quiet. "She... was something special." She shook her head and forced herself to cheer up slightly. "I was just curious if the rest of Arcadia is full of people like that."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:03 pm

Luxanna didn't feel like founding the Noir was impressive. It wasn't even intentional, but she wasn't going to rain on Tsubine's parade. The conversation about Arcadia was interesting. There was a time that Luxanna was also confused about Arcadian's and their ways. When Tsubine stopped mid-sentence about some Cornelia woman, Luxanna took note of it: touchy subject. "Arcadia... is a wonderful country... The people are friendly, hard working, creative, and powerful. They accepted me even though I was Zakatian." Luxanna leaned back and laid her head against a fallen log, looking up through the trees at the darkened sky, "All they needed to know was that I had no problem with using Arcana, that I wasn't some metal-loving heathen who disrespected their usage of Aurora's most powerful and natural resource..." Luxanna closed her eyes and turned over, her back now toward Tsubine. There was a moment of silence, but when she finally spoke up again, she only said three words. "I hate Zakatians." It was obvious by the hiss in her tone that she did not want to talk about it. "G'night."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:54 am

"I hate Zakatians." Those words broke Tsubine's heart. She had a nice, happy and friendly demeanor before. Now, it was gone. Tsubine bade Luxanna good night and crawled inside of her tent. She could have slept out in the open, but she slept... differently than most so it was better that she didn't. But it's not like she went to sleep immediately. She was too deep in thought to do something like that. She knew Luxanna didn't want to talk about it, but one thing kept swirling in her mind. Does Luxanna hate me then?

[One Day Later]
    The trio made good time on their third day of travel. No more Ladryx encounters and dangerous animals to speak of. But Tsubine was entirely quiet, unless a question was posed to her or they needed to change direction. Masamune, the genius he wasn't, didn't pick up on this. He had been told to keep his mouth shut or else he'd bite his tongue off. Luxanna probably would have picked up that something was wrong. As night began to break, the horses left the forest and the bright lights of the capital of the Empire shone.

"I would recommend resting outside of the city. We can get through the city first thing tomorrow morning." Tsubine was to-the-point tonight. She was hiding what she truly wanted to say. "If anything happens while in the capital, come to me before going to any authority. And do not split up." And if no one had anything to say, Tsubine crept into her tent and slept.

[One Day Later]

Masamune was the first up the next morning, though not by choice. A mafoo's tail kept batting across his face, and he finally screamed at the bird. Tsubine, wearing only her underwear and a robe jumped out when she heard the commotion. "Damn bird. Kept hittin' me with his tail..." Masamune swore a couple of times, and Tsubine only returned to her tent to dress herself.

Inside of Iserlohn, Tsubine was not letting them stop and sight-see. Masamune smelled all kinds of good food, but Tsubine kept reminding him that they were on a tight schedule. Surprisingly, there weren't any incidents along the way through the heart of the city. They were nearing the south gate when Tsubine stopped in her tracks. She swore a bit under her breath, sighed, and continued walking without giving an answer. Which is fine because any question answered itself soon.

As Tsubine neared a stopped car with three officers standing beside it, one turned to her. He was a younger man of about thirty, and looked like a typical Zakatian. Nothing about him stood out. She muttered the Zakatian equivalent of "shit" and tried to continue on. "Well if it isn't Brigadier General Zarkonheinz's oldest? What are you doing out here, young lady? Shouldn't you be at home, finding a husband?" The man smiled, like he was making a joke. "I claim no such person to be my father, and I have no interest in finding a husband, major." Tsubine's voice was actually full of spite. "That's lieutenant colonel, now." Then he took notice of the party. "Ah, so that's what it is... You're traveling with Arcadians, huh? Figures that his Arcanist daughter would defect to them." Tsubine snarled at the man, her hand wanting to move to her sword...

"I am still a Zakatian. Even if I am different from you, I still am a Zakatian." The man looked at her like she was a bit crazy. "And yet you travel with Arcadians who are Arcanists no doubt?" Tsubine's eye twitched, and she turned slightly angrier. "I am both a Zakatian and an Arcanist. If people hate me for being either, then so be it. It might hurt my heart to see people I once respected and liked look at me with revulsion, but I am who I am." She wasn't wanting this kind of confrontation, but he wasn't looking like he was going to back down.

"The Zakatian ideal is to welcome others like they were a long-lost friend or family. It should not matter whether they use technology or innate powers. That is why I travel with these two even if they may hate me. They are different from I am, but I would still welcome them into my home. People like you are the reason why this country is hated by so many. People like you and my father are the reason there are times I feel I should be ashamed to call myself Zakatian. I despise you, my father, and those like you. I do not feel there is a place in this world or any for people like you. But I would still assist you if you were in aid. You may have different opinions, but you have not harmed me. You might think that I might count what you said as verbal assault. But after my own father cast me out for being who I am, something as petty as what you did has no effect on me."
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:15 pm

The trip had gotten really interesting. No, the trip had actually gotten really boring. Luxanna was used to the silence and straight forward mannerisms, but that wasn't how everyone else usually acted. Even Masamune faded into the background like he wasn't even there. Luxanna was left with her thoughts all the way until they got to the big city, Iserlohn. The only interesting thing that had taken place was Masamune getting annoyed by a bird and Tsubine running out in her underwear. Normally, Luxanna might have taken a second look, but the first thing that came to her mind was "How stupid". There is a reason Luxanna didn't change in the middle of the night. She'd rather not get caught out half-naked or in her pajamas. It just wasn't the best plan of action when you were traveling, especially with a man. Luckily, it seemed Masamune didn't notice that Tsubine had done that, so Luxanna moved on.

Inside of Iserlohn, Luxanna wanted to get out of the city as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, with Masamune's needless gawking, it seemed they'd be stuck here a bit longer. At least Tsubine had the mind to remind him that they had to keep moving. You'd think the one running out of the guild hall in a panic would be a bit more worried about their missing friend than to window shop. Anyways, walking through seemed to catch the attention of some people. Luxanna just kept the dullest of expressions and only half-listened to the conversation. If she dared listen to anything these male Zakatians were saying, she felt her mind would start to rot. The fact that it was just continuing on was becoming more annoying, so Luxanna finally spoke up in the middle of someone talking. "Okay, so are we done? We can be done now, right? We have places to be, so if you don't mind, shut the fuck up and back the hell off. Stop disturbing people." With that said, Luxanna flipped her hair and continued on the direction they had been walking before the group had been so rudely disturbed by these neanderthals.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 pm