Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
Starting It Up With: A Meeting Of Chance [CLOSED] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
Starting It Up With: A Meeting Of Chance [CLOSED] EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
Starting It Up With: A Meeting Of Chance [CLOSED] EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
Starting It Up With: A Meeting Of Chance [CLOSED] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
Starting It Up With: A Meeting Of Chance [CLOSED] EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
Starting It Up With: A Meeting Of Chance [CLOSED] EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
Starting It Up With: A Meeting Of Chance [CLOSED] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
Starting It Up With: A Meeting Of Chance [CLOSED] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
Starting It Up With: A Meeting Of Chance [CLOSED] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

2 posters

Starting It Up With: A Meeting Of Chance [CLOSED]

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Starting It Up With: A Meeting Of Chance [CLOSED] Empty Starting It Up With: A Meeting Of Chance [CLOSED]

Post by Serenity Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:33 am

Starting It Up With: A Meeting Of Chance [CLOSED] Amelia_zps5c75b3b0

It was some time passed mid day. The sun was high in the sky, beaming it's heated rays down onto the lone young woman that trekked through the forests and valleys. It had been three weeks since she had seen another human being, though it truly felt like much longer. She was sweaty, dirty, hungry, thirsty, and practically anything else one could think of that would make someone feel horribly uncomfortable. Her hair stuck to her body, the humid air making it more uncomfortable. It was okay. She'd get to some place, right? If it was humid, there must be some sort of water source near by, right? Let's just hope it was drinkable. Still, tired and hungry, she continued on North. When she pushed up the strength to actually look around, Amelia saw a city. It was a large city at that. Oh god, let there be someone there who would be kind enough to help her out! She was so thirsty, having traveled the last fifteen miles in this heat without anything to drink at all. Amelia quickened her pace, but she began to breathe heavily. She was weak from the lack of food and water and was beginning to wonder whether she'd get there on time.

And luck took it's toll on her. Amelia lost her balance and fell to the ground. She stayed there for a few moments, trying to catch her breath. "Too... hot..." she said between breaths. She only stayed for a few minutes, the hot ground beneath her not helping her comfort level. As she pushed herself to her feet, she heard a deep chuckle and froze. "What do we have here?" a masculine voice echoed in from behind her. "Shit." she thought as she quickly pushed herself to her feet. She didn't even look back. Amelia began to run as fast as her legs could carry her. "Get back here!" she could hear another masculine voice calling out towards her. How many were there!? She was not going to look back to figure that out. She could fight them, if she had the energy to do so. With her current condition, she'd likely get herself killed. Luckily, she was able to pull up enough energy to just get the fuck out of there.

She could hear them following, a few more voices echoing out. How many? How many men were chasing her right now?! And why!? What did they want!? Amelia contemplated grabbing her sword and turning to fight, but the moment she did that, a sudden burst of pain hit the back of her head. She fell forward to the ground, her left eye closed because of the pain. She looked to the side and noticed a rock rolling by. "Is that what hit me?" she thought to herself as she attempted to push herself up. She failed. Her body fell back to the ground with the aid of a large foot stomping down on her back. "Ah!" she screamed out, coughing a moment later. She couldn't even get a proper scream out, her mouth was too dry. "Hehehe... next time don't run!" a man said. She felt her hair being grabbed as she was pulled up to hang from the grip of a rather large man. She didn't dare look around. He was problem enough. She only heard the few cackling laughs of the few around her.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Starting It Up With: A Meeting Of Chance [CLOSED] Empty Re: Starting It Up With: A Meeting Of Chance [CLOSED]

Post by Tsubine Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:02 am

Starting It Up With: A Meeting Of Chance [CLOSED] Header2

A man fell to the ground. And then another. These thugs for lack of a better word were caught off-guard. It wasn't until five of them had been taken down—all in a single, swift, non-lethal slash from a sword of some kind—had one of them actually reacted in time to try to do something. But it did nothing to stop this sword. A figure in white dashed between the thugs, their bodies falling as it gracefully fluttered. It was like a spell of scarlet sleep was being placed upon them. The more scarlet that sprayed into the air like a geyser the more of them that fell to the ground.

Not a one was a challenge for this figure. Not a one could hope to stand a chance against this white-clad savior. And yet they continued. By the time around forty had been forced to kneel before the figure, most of the rest gave up and ran. The ones that remained readied their weapons as the figure finally stopped moving. It was a woman, whose blonde hair almost reached the ground beneath them. Her orchid eyes shone with anger, her mouth carved into a frown to match. "Men like you dare step foot into our Empire?! On the very soil our ancestors' blood has been spilled on in order to found this great nation?! You should be ashamed, embarrassed, begging for forgiveness!" Her voice was that of someone who could rouse entire armies, one that could start and stop a war. And yet it was being used to condemn these brutes. Oh the shame that entailed!

Those still around could feel their knees weaken. Her voice was easily recognized—and then more fear shot through their bones. These brutes also began to run, joining their comrades. There remained one, who held another young woman by her hair. His one eye was fixated on the woman in white, whose scarlet-stained sword glistened in the sun. He outweighed her by about double. He probably was a foot taller as well. His pectorals had pectorals. And yet, there was no fear in those orchid eyes. A single, swift movement blinded the man as he grinned. His one, beady eye remained physically there, but he could only see scarlet. As he released the other woman's hair in shock to wipe away the scarlet liquid that had been slung into his eye, he realized he had a sword at his throat. The woman had covered a distance of ten feet in just a matter of seconds. The tip of her sword pressed hard against his throat.

"I do not like killing men. I do not feel it accomplishes anything." The neanderthal grinned. "So you gonna let me go then? Arrest me? Banish me?" "No. Those are punishments reserved for men. Being put down is the only acceptable punishment for an animal like yourself." In just as swift a motion as she had slung scarlet into his eye, her sword swept through his neck. The blood was wiped off with a kerchief she removed from a pocket, with a quick re-sheathing of the silver blade soon following. The other woman, no the girl was still lying down when the savior knelt down on both knees, resting her shins on the forest's soil. She placed the girl's head onto her thighs, elevating her head. The savior's eyes no longer had the animosity from before. No, this was like a mother or a doctor caring for a sick child. "Are you hurt anywhere? Is there anything you need?" Her voice was like that of an angel compared to the demon it was when facing the thugs and brutes, let alone the neanderthal. A smile came across her face as she waited to hear this girl's response.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Starting It Up With: A Meeting Of Chance [CLOSED] Empty Re: Starting It Up With: A Meeting Of Chance [CLOSED]

Post by Serenity Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:20 am

"A woman?" Amelia struggled harshly against the grip of this brute. He held her hair so tightly and so close to the skull that she wasn't really able to move. Instead, she shifted her only opened eye to see a woman fighting these men as if they were nothing. She had taken down five so quickly that it must have scared the other's because they ran from her. When she spoke out, her voice was demanding and powerful. Amelia would be afraid as well if she were to be this woman's opponent. The woman was graceful in her movements and quick as well. The man that was holding her was cut in some way. Amelia could not tell what happened. She only felt her hair be released and her body collapse onto the ground a moment later. She turned her head, fearing what was going to happen next. She didn't fear what was going to happen to this man, but to her. She did not recognize this woman like the other's. Amelia was completely unaware of who she was. She pushed herself onto her back to try and stand, but her hand slipped on the dirt below and she once again ended up on her back.

"Banish?" Amelia thought when hearing the brutes words towards the woman. It was an odd phrase to use. Was this woman some sort of higher up? Amelia had no idea, literally. As the woman came over, Amelia sort of froze, accepting her fate to be similar to the brutes. It was a shock to her when she felt her head raise and lay comfortably into the woman's lap. The woman's voice changed as well. It sounded nothing less than angelic, warm. Hearing a kind word actually brought tears to Amelia's eyes. She looked up to the woman with wide eyes as these tears fell down the side of her face. "I-I... I'm thirsty... a-and hungry." Amelia dared ask this stranger for help along those lines. It felt so rare to receive kindness from someone, but Amelia had not lost hope.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Post by Tsubine Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:37 am

The tears almost worried Tsubine. She thought that there was something that painful, but she quickly realized that wasn't the case. Tsubine reached down and wiped away the tears. Someone would think that this blonde was a mother, but they would be wrong. Very wrong. Despite being nearly thirty years old, she was still a virgin. "I-I... I'm thirsty... a-and hungry." Tsubine reached down and placed the back of her hand against the forehead of this girl. There was no fever, but it was more and more obvious that she wasn't from around here and had been malnourished for a while. How long, Tsubine did not know. "I can't really cook, but I'll get you to the city to someone who can."

The woman stood up, making sure not to have the girl's head just bang against the forest floor. Without even asking if she could walk, Tsubine picked up the girl and placed her on Tsubine's own back. For someone of Tsubine's physical stature, this wasn't too big of a hassle. She smiled as she held onto the legs of the girl who was now lying across Tsubine's back. This girl wasn't a problem for Tsubine to carry at all. She was rather strong, so someone of this size wasn't a problem. "Would you mind if I asked your name? I'd hate to have to go into town and ask for a meal for someone I don't know the name of." She let out a bit of a giggle, which isn't something she's too known for doing.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:51 am

Amelia closed her eyes when her forehead was touched. She didn't understand the gesture, but it didn't hurt her so she was fine with it. The woman confirmed that she could not cook, which saddened Amelia until it was brought up that she would be taken to someone who can. "Real food..." Amelia mumbled as a small, hopeful smile formed on her lips. The idea of getting something in her stomach was quite refreshing for her. When she was picked up, Amelia tensed a bit. She was placed on this woman's back and held up. Amelia did her best to hold lightly onto the woman's shoulders so she would not fall. She hadn't been picked up by anyone in years, if had ever happened. She couldn't remember. The woman was pretty strong to be able to pick her up, but it made Amelia feel guilty. She wasn't exactly clean and this woman seemed more along the lines of someone important, especially more important that she was.

"They gave me the name Amelia..." she said, laying her head on the woman's back, hoping that was okay, "I don't know if it is my real name, but I do like it..." Amelia just tried to relax and there were a few times she almost fell asleep, but shook her head awake. Looking around, she noticed they were getting closer to the town she saw. "What place is that?" Amelia asked and waited for an answer, "I've never been to a big city like that before... Is it nice?" Amelia felt a little nervous, wondering exactly how she would be welcomed. Since she had no real idea where she was, she wasn't sure of any customs. She was a slave after all. Last time she was forced to guard people she hated. What exactly was going to happen to her now?
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:15 am

Honestly, Tsubine didn't care that this woman was dirtying this white shirt. She had many more like it, so it wasn't like that was a problem. But it was more along the lines that she had helped someone, so this was the price to pay. As the girl laid her head on Tsubine's back, she replied to an earlier question. "They gave me the name Amelia... I don't know if it is my real name, but I do like it..." Tsubine smiled, both at the fact that this girl was talking to her and the feeling she had from Amelia's head resting in her back. "I like it as well. It is a very beautiful name." She was sincere in that—it was a beautiful and memorable name, especially in Zakat. Tsubine sometimes could feel Amelia jolt a bit, and she figured that Amelia was getting sleepy. The savior thought to herself. "Jeez. My back is either that comfortable or she is just really tired." She felt sorry for Amelia. Tsubine had seen poverty first-hand, but this wasn't that. This was someone running from something or someone. And she had been on the run for so long that she was this exhausted... It was quite sad.

As they entered into less-thick forest, Amelia spoke up again. "What place is that? I've never been to a big city like that before... Is it nice?" Tsubine was not that surprised that she hadn't been to a city like Theoria before. "That's the Empire of Zakat's city-on-the-coast, Theoria. It's a nice, resort and shipbuilding city that supplies our navy and cargo ships. We even sell ships to other countries from here. Currently only two ships are being constructed, the ZND 440 Lohengrin and a cargo ship whose name will be decided once it is bought." Tsubine was proud of this city. She was proud of every city within the Empire.

And then, Tsubine saw a light flash from a distance. She knew that it was a reporter. She sighed... "I thought I shook them..." she mumbled. Tsubine new that there would be headlines tomorrow about this "mystery woman" and there'd be tabloids thinking that she had finally found a wife. Either way, Tsubine would have a headache... but this girl would also probably get one too. "I should probably introduce myself, so it won't come as a shock later. I am Tsubine Zoradia von Zarkonheinz the Ninth—the Emperor of the Empire of Zakat." She hoped that it wouldn't shock Amelia too much...

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:43 pm

A small smile came to her lips when her name was complimented. "Thank you." she said softly. She had never thought too much about her name. She liked it, but there wasn't much else to say. In a way, it was more habit than anything. She had gotten used to being called Amelia, so she'd keep it that way. Now, she was safe, in the protection of a woman she did not know, but could feel like she could trust. Even while she was falling asleep, the woman didn't seem to mind, nor did she mind answering her questions. But one thing did come as a surprise about her, excluding the gentle kindness this woman showed. In fact, Amelia almost couldn't believe what had come next, but a signal of sorts had just been shot into the air. "I should probably introduce myself, so it won't come as a shock later. I am Tsubine Zoradia von Zarkonheinz the Ninth—the Emperor of the Empire of Zakat." Were people coming for her? Both of them!? Is that what that signal was about? Amelia was stuck for a moment, then her eyes widened, then she quickly removed herself from Tsubine's back. Dropping to her knees, she lowered her head to the floor in respect, but fear at the same time. She should have never been so casual with her! "I am so sorry!! If I had known you were the Emper-.. I shouldn't hav-... I am so sorry!" Amelia kept her head lowered to the ground, her eyes closed tightly. She could hear people approaching their location. The flare from earlier must have been some sort of signal. What did her people think of what that might have just seen!? Their Emperor carrying some lowly peasant girl around was not likely something they enjoyed the thought of. "I should have been more respectful... I-...I didn't mean to..." Amelia said more, waiting to see the reactions of the Emperor and her people.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:32 pm

Tsubine was honestly a little embarrassed by what Amelia did. She purposely had avoided telling her that for good reason, but she didn't want Amelia to be too shocked once there was news of the two meeting. "I am so sorry!! If I had known you were the Emper-.. I shouldn't hav-... I am so sorry!" Tsubine scratched her left cheek. She didn't really feel comfortable being apologized to for that. "It's fine, it's fine..." And yet, Amelia continued. "I should have been more respectful... I-...I didn't mean to..."

Tsubine knelt down, crouching to where she wasn't that much higher than Amelia was. She stroked the back of Amelia's hair. "The last I checked, you weren't the one who had chosen to get on my back—I was the one who placed you on there. Your status nor mine is what mattered then. No, it was the fact that you were in need and I have a duty to help those that are in need. Besides, I did not let you know anything for this very reason. You would not have accepted my assistance. You would have probably never made it to the city." Tsubine then moved to Amelia's cheek, softly rubbing it before moving to her chin, pulling Amelia's shut gaze to her own face. If they were any closer, it could be seen as a prelude to a kiss. Tsubine just wanted Amelia to look at her.

"I want you to realize that even though I am of... higher status to others, I view you as an equal. I believe we are all equal. It is why I never refer to Zakat as 'my' Empire, but 'our' Empire. It is made of the people within the borders, but I would love to have even more within this great Empire's lands. And that is what I represent. The only difference between us is what I represent compared to others. Because I represent our Empire, I must show the spirit of Zakat—that is my duty. And even though I have such a duty..." She had an even kinder smile than earlier. "Amelia, you may stand and walk beside me if you would like since I do not believe you would agree to being carried as much as I enjoyed it. If I must, I could order it... but you are not a Zakatian as far as I can tell. And I really don't like ordering around people that aren't Zakatian soldiers."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:40 pm

Amelia calmed a bit when she felt Tsubine's hand touch her back. She lifted her head only slightly and listened to what the Emperor had to say. She was right. She never would have made it to the city. Amelia felt the Emperor's hand pull her chin to turn her gaze towards her, so she did not fight. She looked to the Emperor with slightly widened eyes, unsure of what to do next. Tsubine continued to speak and shock the young Amelia, her words shaking her core. Never, ever before had she been treated as an equal, especially by someone who obviously was not. It was amazing. Amelia nodded and struggled a bit to push herself up to her feet. She lost balance for a moment, almost falling again, but caught herself. She reached her feet and pushed up a small, unbelieving smile. "You're very different than the people I've seen, Emperor... It's nice... I like it..." Amelia's smile softened a bit, "And honestly... I don't... I don't know where I'm from... or what I am. I only remember the place I was forced to live in and even then I don't even know what it was called.... I merely did as I was told every day..."

"I can stand by you... I just don't feel right dirtying your clothes..." Amelia said with a small giggle, "I felt bad about it before, now I just don't want those men to get angry with me." Amelia pointed towards a group of people who she assumed where part of the area's forces. "I take it they're looking for you, Emperor?" Amelia blinked a few times, looking up to Tsubine with an innocent, yet curious expression. Looking back to those that were approaching, she took a step back out of nervousness. She felt a knot in her stomach getting bigger and bigger, the closer these people got. She tried to keep a straight face, but she was still in a bad way. She felt hotter, sweat began appearing on her forehead again. She was breathing a little heavier, but not too bad. The only thing she could think of... What kind of people were these?
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:18 am

"You're very different than the people I've seen, Emperor... It's nice... I like it..." Tsubine started to blush. It's been a while since she had been complimented so much, or at least so sincerely. Amelia was truly warming the Emperor's heart. She stood up when Amelia did, lurching forward when Amelia almost fell to attempt to catch her. "Not many people are like me, I am afraid. This world is, unfortunately, filled with people whose intentions are less than good." She didn't feel herself to be a necessarily "good" person. But she didn't feel like debating that with someone she just met or at all. No, such a thing would be wasted... no one could understand.

"And honestly... I don't... I don't know where I'm from... or what I am. I only remember the place I was forced to live in and even then I don't even know what it was called.... I merely did as I was told every day..." That somewhat shocked Tsubine. But at the same time, considering what else she had said, let alone the way they met... it didn't shock Tsubine too much. Being nearly a foot taller than Amelia, Tsubine was looking down at her... you could see pure empathy and sympathy within her eyes. She then smiled some more, that motherly expression returning with a pat to Amelia's head. "You poor thing... Even if you do not know where you are from, you could always settle down here in Zakat. We could always use kind people such as yourself. I could easily set you up a nice house anywhere in Zakat you would like."

"I can stand by you... I just don't feel right dirtying your clothes..." Tsubine giggled along with Amelia. If they had not been in such different places, people may think that it was two friends laughing about a boy or something. "Oh, do not worry. It is not like I do not have any more of these... Besides, I got them dirty helping someone. I think that's a good enough reason." Tsubine could have an entire castle of just this one outfit if she wanted. Dirtying them didn't matter. "I felt bad about it before, now I just don't want those men to get angry with me." Tsubine smiled a bit more now. She was starting to warm up even more to Amelia. "If they get angry, what are they going to do? Hurt someone the Emperor has clearly been close to?" She started the giggling this time. "Unlike those barbarians that had cornered you earlier, these men have a shred of dignity. If they do something to try to shame the Emperor, they would rather exile themselves."

Amelia then pointed to a group of people, now gathered around that one reporter. "I take it they're looking for you, Emperor?" She scratched her left cheek once more. "Sort of..." Continuing to scratch, she thought of how to explain the posse behind the duo. "I guess you could say that they are looking for any more photographs of me. They say I am a very photogentic person, even if I do not like photographs." "And a few of them are my personal guard, but none of them are a threat. The most they can do is make your eyes hurt for a moment with the bright flash from their cameras. My guards are not a concern, they are there to make sure people do not get jealous of you and make a pass at us." Tsubine then flexed her muscle on her right arm, making an exaggerated nod with the motion. "And even if they did get past my guards, they still have to get through me."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:57 am

"You're right about that..." Amelia replied in a joking manner towards her statement about people's intentions. The fact that people's intentions were rarely good, at least in Amelia's experience, was definitely outweighing the good. One thing Amelia could say, even with all of the bad, once a day and person like this came along, the kindness felt much more special and more appreciated. Frankly, it gave her hope. "You'd do that?" Amelia blinked a few times and then allowed a smile to creep up, "If I look around a bit and find a place I'd like to stay... I'll make sure to let you know." She only hoped it would be no trouble for Tsubine. Amelia could only smile and keep smiling. Tsubine was amazing. Just knowing that this was the type of Emperor that lead this Empire made her wish to stay, no matter where she'd end up. Something made her feel like Zakat could definitely be home. The two began giggling along with each other, as if they had been friends for quite some time. Nothing like being rescued and doing the rescuing to bring two people close together, huh?

"Photogenic?" Amelia tilted her head, merely guessing the meaning of that word. She looked at Tsubine and sort of examined her up and down, then smiled. "Well you are beautiful, so I have a feeling the photographs that come out with you in them are as well." Amelia could not help the smile that stayed plastered to her face. What was this feeling? It was warm, calming, comfortable... She didn't want it to go away. As she stood there, watching the men around the reporter, she felt herself becoming more and more at ease. But that caused a bit of a problem. The shock was wearing off, acceptance was taking it's place... The adrenaline that this caused was fading and all of her weakness was returning. Amelia felt her stomach curl, her skin heat up even more, and she suddenly buckled over with pain in her gut. She went tumbling towards the ground, her eyes closing as she passed out right there, her stomach growling from the lack of food, her mouth dry from the need of water.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:16 pm

"You'd do that? If I look around a bit and find a place I'd like to stay... I'll make sure to let you know." "Of course I would. If you would like, I could show you some of the other cities in Zakat." Tsubine would go so far as to give Amelia one of the higher-priced apartments in Iserlohn if she decided that's where she wanted to live. "Photogenic? Well you are beautiful, so I have a feeling the photographs that come out with you in them are as well." Tsubine's face flashed bright red in embarrassment. She didn't like to be complimented like that. Or rather, she wasn't used to it. Tsubine had been called beautiful many times before... she was the first female Emperor, and many women would love to look like her. Many men also wanted to marry her. "Please, do not flatter me so. Thank you, however. You too would be a very photogenic person." Tsubine smiled back to Amelia, but...

Amelia then curled in pain, and the smile disappeared. Worry was now the main emotion. Then, Amelia fell unconscious. "Amelia?!" Tsubine lurched forward, catching the now-unconscious Amelia. "Amelia!" Tsubine pressed her hand against Amelia's neck, checking for a pulse. Thankfully, she was still alive. Then, she raised her hand to her guards, calling them to attention. Tsubine's commanding demeanor returned. "Guards, grab me three gallons of water. Now. Contact a medic as well." Her eyes flared with authority. Tsubine would save this girl. "And bring some soft food—she has been starving, alone in the woods for a long time. I am not sure how long." She knelt again, placing Amelia's head on her lap. She began to caress her forehead again, hoping she'd wake up soon...

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:48 pm

Amelia's eyes fluttered open, unaware of how long she had actually been unconscious. Luckily, it had only been around thirty minutes since she had fallen to the ground. She woke up and looked around, taking in her surroundings. The first thing she recognized, and the only thing in fact, was Emperor Tsubine of Zakat. "Oh yeah..." she thought as she sat up, placing her hand over head forehead, "I remember now..." Amelia had been running, escaping from those who she thought had chased her. Her travels brought her here, to Zakat from what she had understood. She was attacked, rescued, and made what she assumed was a friend in a very short time. "M-My head..." she mumbled as she curled over. The dehydration was getting to her. She still felt dirty and highly uncomfortable. Looking to Tsubine, she gave a soft and regretful smile. "I hope I didn't cause too much trouble." Amelia said, adjusting herself to a more comfortable sitting position. She spoke in a raspy tone, her throat extremely dry. Even as she moved to adjust herself, it was obvious her arms almost gave in. She was getting weaker by the minute. "I'd had to be more of a bother..." Amelia said in a soft tone, her gaze to her lap, "... but... could I bother you for some water?" At that moment, Amelia's stomach let out a loud and demanding growl. Amelia jumped, wrapping her weakened arms around her stomach, and allowed her cheeks to fade into a reddened tone. "I'm... so hungry..." she whispered, her head pounding from the headache and her body feeling as if it could collapse again any minute.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:48 pm

Tsubine was looking down at Amelia's silent face when her eyes opened. A doctor had already checked Amelia out, diagnosing her with fatigue and minor dehydration. Tsubine then took control, saying she'd rather Amelia wake up looking at someone familiar. Tsubine continued to rub Amelia's forehead until she began to sit up. "I hope I didn't cause too much trouble." "Not at all."

"I'd hate to be more of a bother... but... could I bother you for some water?" Tsubine smiled, showing it was not a problem. "I figured you had not had much to eat or drink, so I asked for some water." "I'm... so hungry..." Tsubine motioned for her guards to bring over one of the plastic containers full of water. It was small enough for even a weakened Amelia to easily hold. Tsubine handed it over, making sure Amelia gripped it with both hands. "Just do not drink too quickly or else you may hurt yourself."

Tsubine then motioned to another guard. He brought her a small, green, spherical melon. It almost too big for someone's hand. The guard then split it in half, revealing a blue interior. "This is a Pallas Melon. It has a very distinct taste." A Pallas Melon was a local delicacy. It had a very soft texture and didn't stain teeth. The taste was tangy, but just enough to be a bit of a kick. "It is very good and should get you on your feet." Tsubine then offered one slice to Amelia. Despite her giving away this food, Tsubine was starting to get hungry herself. She'd have to eat soon, but Amelia took first priority.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:03 am

"Thank you!" the moment Amelia got hold of that water, she pulled it to her mouth and was about to chug it down before Tsubine warned her not to drink it to quickly. Glancing in random directions, she tried drinking slowly and damn did that water taste good! She closed her eyes, swallowed, and let out a relieved breath. She drank a decent amount, but decided to listen to Tsubine and keep it slow, so she left about half in the container. "Thank you so much..." she said taking in another deep breath and letting it out slowly. She felt her body weaken a little more as it began to process the fact that something was finally in it. Soon, Tsubine offered her something to eat. She had never seen something like this before. The melon was blue? Kinda pretty actually. She took the piece that was offered to her and took a cautious bite. It wasn't bad, but the tang hit a little harder than expected. She swallowed the bite and began coughing a bit. Looking away and covering her mouth, she waited to stop coughing and giggled a little. "A strange taste, but it's yummy." she said with a smile, taking another bite and then relaxing a bit. She crossed her legs and slouched a bit, removing her sword from her side and setting it off to the side. "It's actually already making me feel better!" Amelia's smile was brightening with every bite. That felt so much better! And like an excited child, which she pretty much was at this point, Amelia looked around at everything. "So where do you live?" Amelia asked and then her eyes momentarily widened, "If you wanna answer... You dun have to. Oh! Yeah! You said I can pick a place to live and you'd help me, right? Can I live near you?"
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:34 pm

"It is not a problem, not at all." Tsubine's cheeks flushed with embarrassment as Amelia continued to thank her for the water. It was just water to Tsubine, but Amelia... Heaven knows how long she had been without any. Then Amelia took the melon from her, slowly gauging the taste before speaking up. "A strange taste, but it's yummy." Tsubine's face lit up with an almost childlike smile radiating from her small mouth. "I am glad you enjoy it. Most foreigners can not take even a bite of a Pallas Melon. They say it 'has too much of a kick.' I think they can not take the taste too well, but I can not eat foods that are too spicy so I do understand their positions."

"It's actually already making me feel better!" Tsubine nodded, that smile turning back into her motherly one. "I am very glad." Then a small barrage of questions erupted from Amelia. "So where do you live? If you dun wanna answer... You dun have to. Oh! Yeah! You said I can pick a place to live and you'd help me, right? Can I live near you?" Tsubine quickly answered. "Not around here actually. As Emperor, I live in the Imperial Capital Iserlohn. Specifically, I reside in the Imperial Palace of Laplace. And of course I can find you a nice house, but near me is another story..."

Tsubine scratched her cheek. For security (and development) reasons, there weren't many residential buildings near the palace. Iserlohn was a very large city, so the nearest residence was nearly 10 blocks away. Well, there was the barracks inside Laplace's grand walls, but Tsubine wouldn't but this seemingly fragile girl in that sort of place. "I do not think you would be too much at home near Laplace. The nearest residence is nearly a mile away, and it is in the center of the business district. Even I feel a little out of place there. I will have to give you a tour of the city—to give you an idea of where it is I live." Tsubine worried that, frankly, Amelia would become frightened and shunned by living in the middle of the business district. She wasn't a businesswoman nor a politician, so she really had no business to live there according to the other residents. "That is to say that, yes, I can help you find somewhere to live within our great Empire. However, I do not think it would be necessarily in your best interests to live too close to Laplace."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:41 pm

"With the tripe I've been fed over the few years I've lived, this is wonderful!" Amelia smiled, speaking with a mouth full of melon. The conversation continued while Amelia ate the melon and upon swallowing a bite, she attempted to pronounce the word that she had just heard. "Ee-ser-lone?" she said, blinking a few times and listened as Tsubine explained everything about the location of her Palace and what was near it. Amelia was slightly disappointed and stopped eating the melon for a few seconds. She lowered the melon from her face and kept her eyes to the floor, thinking of what she would do if she could not be near Tsubine. "I... guess a tour could work." she said with only a bit of disappointment in her tone, "I just... don't know anyone, so I was hoping... that I could." Amelia sighed and brought the melon back to her face and took another big bite. She chewed it, enjoying the taste of food on her tongue and the feeling of something in her belly. "Oh well! I understand. It's not that bad. It'll be great just being able to be around you guy and having a home to myself..." Finally Amelia finished the melon and after she swallowed her final bite, she set the rest to the side, put her hands on her stomach, and took a biiig satisfied breath. "That was so yummy!" she said with a big smile. Amelia pushed herself up to her feet and waited a few moments with her eyes closed. She was sort of letting her body catch up to itself and allowing the food to settle. "Ohh kaaay..." she said with an exhaled breath and looked to Tsubine, "So what would you like to do now?"
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:03 am

Tsubine smiled. Many people couldn't stand a Pallas Melon and spit it out. But Amelia really did love it. "I'm glad you enjoyed it." A guard approached the Emperor, whispering something in her ear. Tsubine nodded. Immediately she stood up, dusting her skirt off. "I'm afraid I can not stay any longer. As Emperor, I have duties that require my immediate attention."

As she started to walk off towards the docks, she turned back to Amelia, pointing to two soldiers, both of which didn't look a day over twenty. "I will leave two of the guards here with you to help you get settled for a few nights here in Theoria." Tsubine smiled even more at Amelia. "Truly, it was a pleasure to meet you. I will set you up an appointment for any day you wish so long as I am in the palace. I'll leave your name with the receptionists." Tsubine motioned for the two guards to approach her, whispering to them. "Keep your guard up. I do not know if someone will try to attack her again." They nodded and Tsubine turned away, the Emperor walking towards the ships anchored in the bay.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:04 am