Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
Breaking Her Heart and His Body [Closed] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
Breaking Her Heart and His Body [Closed] EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
Breaking Her Heart and His Body [Closed] EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
Breaking Her Heart and His Body [Closed] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
Breaking Her Heart and His Body [Closed] EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
Breaking Her Heart and His Body [Closed] EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
Breaking Her Heart and His Body [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
Breaking Her Heart and His Body [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
Breaking Her Heart and His Body [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

2 posters

Breaking Her Heart and His Body [Closed]

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Breaking Her Heart and His Body [Closed] Empty Breaking Her Heart and His Body [Closed]

Post by Tsubine Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:57 pm

Khul was still a hilly city. Despite it seeming like it moved a few hundred miles in the past month, it actually hadn't. It was still on a hill, and it was still hot. Dear god, it was hot. Mikhail had asked Alison to come with him on a walk outside of the city. He wanted to get some fresh air away from the scents of a bustling town. "I wish it would cool down or a cloud would cover the sun. This part of Zakat is quite uncomfortably hot." Mikhail held a canteen to his neck, the metal cooled by the water inside of it. It was a very, very nice feeling. It was about a mile outside of the city that Mikhail stopped walking. It was an open road, nothing but farmlands for miles in any direction (save for the direction they came in). And there wasn't a sign of anyone around. "Alison. My leg has fully healed. I now have a favor to ask of you." Mikhail turned around to face her, his face serious. "Fight me."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Breaking Her Heart and His Body [Closed] Empty Re: Breaking Her Heart and His Body [Closed]

Post by Serenity Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:11 pm

Breaking Her Heart and His Body [Closed] Header%202_zps9k000m2d

Alison was glad to take a walk with Mikhail. He was finally able to be up. Laying in bed and being stuck in the house wasn't the easiest thing for either of them. The outside air was wonderful, even if it felt like the sun was concentrating on them. Alison could handle it, but only because she knew how to cook herself down. She was cheating. She looked up to Mikhail as he ran the cool canteen along his neck and tilted her head. "Here..." she placed a hand on his shoulder. The air around him shifted lightly and cooled. It was like a very light breeze was running around his body. "There, that better?" she asked as she poked the canteen and the water inside cooled down as well. She was rather handy on hot days.

Alison stopped when Mikhail stopped. She looked curiously at his back when he just stood there. She was a little confused as to why they were out there, but he was always pretty odd; it's why she likes him so much. "You okay?" she asked and then he spoke up. Once he turned to her, her eyes widened at his request. She froze for a moment to comprehend what he had said. "Fi-Fight y-you? What?! Why!?" Alison shook her head and looked back toward Khul, really wanting to be in the city, "No! I can't... I don't want to do that. Why would you want to fight me?! I thought we were friends now... I thought..." Alison lowered her head and stared at the ground, sad and confused, "I don't understand!"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Breaking Her Heart and His Body [Closed] Empty Re: Breaking Her Heart and His Body [Closed]

Post by Tsubine Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:00 pm

Mikhail nodded, understanding the confusion a bit. "Yes, we are still friends. That has not, and I would hope it would not change." Mikhail's expression lightened quite a bit. "In fact, I believe that this would strengthen our friendship. You see, I have been searching for someone that could, in fact, best me in a fight. After what I have seen, I think you might be the one. To put it bluntly, I think you could... the phrase is 'kick my ass,' is it not?" Mikhail looked for confirmation of this, then continued. "Alison, this has been my main goal in life so far. And if the one I have been searching for has been under my nose for these past six months and twenty-eight days." Mikhail got down on both knees, making a pleading gesture with his hands. "Please, Alison. I want to see if you're the one. I have never been so sure about this before."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:12 pm

She nodded to confirm about the figure of speech, but the look of fear she had on her face was enough to make most people feel real bad. She did not want to do this, but she promised, didn't she? Well, not promised, but she said she'd help him. She even boasted one time about being able to kick his ass, but never did she think she'd actually have to fight him. It made her feel sick, especially when he dropped down to his knees. "No, no, no, no, no..." she pleaded and pushed his hands down. She grabbed his sides and helped bring him back to his feet. She could not see him beg her, not for this. The problem was that Kaminari knew that she could fight him and come out the winner. She just didn't want to.

"This... is what will... make you happy?" she asked through a cracking voice. One she got confirmation, she nodded and took a few steps back. She wasn't ready for this. Well, she was physically, but mentally? This was tearing her apart. She tried to harden her expression. She tried to calm down and get ready to fight, but this was Mikhail. He was her best and only friend. Now she had to fight him? "R-Ready when you are..." she said in a whisper, her voice cracking a bit. She wanted to cry and back out, but it'd hurt his spirit more than his body and that Alison just couldn't do to him.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:21 pm

Mikhail didn't want to risk hurting Alison, but this was one time he was going to be selfish. He had to know. If he felt she wasn't the one, then he'd back out. Right now, Mikhail was going to fight her. "Do not be afraid to use your Arcana. And please, do not hold back." Mikhail stood and turned towards her. "Thank you for this chance, Alison. It means a lot." Mikhail took two steps backwards, lowering himself slightly. He extended one hand in front of him. And then, Mikhail charged forth. His hand jutted forward in a fist, aiming for her sternum. It was a forceful jab with the energy and weight of his step behind it. It was quite obvious, but the fact was... Mikhail was fast. Not just agile, but he was fast. His body moved like an arrow being let loose. After the punch, Mikhail backstepped once, and brought his right leg around for a kick to Alison's side.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:35 pm

Breaking Her Heart and His Body [Closed] Header5_zpsalz1uzjs

Alison took in one breath before this began. He charged forth and though she thought she was ready, she wasn't completely ready. The strike toward her sternum came quickly, so she must react just as quickly. Alison brought her left foot back and pivoted her body to the side, so the punch went off to her left side. As she brought herself back in, Mikhail was already on his next strike, aiming a strong and well-aimed kick to her left. Unable to move quickly enough to dodge the second link of this chain, she blocked by bringing her left leg back from behind her and up between her and the path of his kick. The block was successful, but not without consequence. Mikhail was strong and the strike sent a pain through her leg. Nothing was broken, but there'd be a bruise there later on tonight.

Alison's thought process was barely kicking into the idea that she was in a fight. She needed to get some distance, so before his foot reached the ground and while she was still blocking, Alison brought her right hand up to his chest. With a collection of her divine arcana, a nice sized gust of air shot out toward Mikhail's chest in an attempt to push him back away from her. "Why is this so important to you? Why do you need to be beaten!?" she asked him, or called out to him if he was knocked back.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:23 pm

There wasn't a good way to dodge this. He would have to take the blow. A normal person might try to raise their arm, but in this situation, it would probably break. So Mikhail took the blow without much of any defense. He used the gust to keep himself stabilized as he flew backwards, landing on his feet instead of on his ass. "My life was survival, Alison. And I reached the pinnacle of it, unable to be defeated. So what else was there for me? I had to find the one who could beat me." Mikhail darted forth again. As Mikhail reached her, he swung low into a crouch. He extended his left leg in a sweeping kick, aiming to knock her down. And then, he used his Arcana to push himself upwards. He extended his fist, using upward momentum to power his punch. But beyond that, he used his Arcana to mimic Alison's push away. The difference was that his was simple force, and it required his fist to make contact.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:47 pm

Alison inwardly sighed of relief when he landed fine. She really did not want to fight this, to fight him. He explained himself and before she got a chance to reply, he was there. Alison wasn't expecting the charge, but she should have. He went for a low kick as well. She went to step back, but as she attempted the dodge, she lost her balance because of her own surprise. As she stumbled, his kicked connected and she completely lost her footing. She barely had enough time to react when the second kick came through. He was aiming toward her ribs again. Was he trying to kill her?!

As Alison was falling and the kick was coming toward her ribs, she twisted and brought her arms in front of her in the shape of an X. Alison didn't expect such power behind the kick. It connected and sent her flying back quite a ways. She hit the ground and kept rolling for a while before her body slid to a stop. "DAMN IT!" she shouted and hit the ground with her fist. That hurt. This time, she wasn't sure whether it was broken. Her left arm, the one that had been in front, felt numb though. "I don't get it. I don't understand it and I don't want to, but if this is what you want, Mikhail..."

And for the first time, Alison released more than a mere fraction of her Arcana in front of him. The ground around them began to shake, the air became heavy and began to glitter with the speckles of her Arcana, a cloak of what looks like white flames surrounded her body. "You asked for this! I will defeat you! I will end this journey of yours here and you will find a new goal, one of compassion and love... not of violence or power. This... I promise you." And with that, Alison shot forward with a gust of air pushing her along while also decreasing the resistance air had on her own body. She practically appeared in front of him with her right fist pushing forth to his abdomen with the speed she should have been fighting with from the beginning. And still, she had tears in her eyes.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:02 pm

Mikhail told her not to hold back. He wasn't holding back. Well, not fully. The fact was, Mikhail was just going in step-by-step. He wasn't going to go all-in. That would risk her life in the off-chance—wait, why was she sparkling? Mikhail jumped to his feet, getting into a defensive position. So she was going to use her Arcana? What all could she do? It worried Mikhail, but at the same time... He was happy. In fact, he was smiling.

Mikhail didn't see the fist coming until it was too late. He was sent back twice as far as he sent her, and he was on his ass. He stared at the sky, dazed. She had connected a blow. And it threw him that far. Mikhail's smile widened, and he hopped to his feet. "That is why I thought you were the one, Alison." Mikhail used his Arcana to propel him forward at high speed. It wasn't him jumping or flying. No, he was just adding more spring to his step. As he made the final step, he doubled the force. Using the same force on his leg, Mikhail made a spinning kick to Alison's head.

If this was blocked, it would still hurt. Mikhail also used his Arcana ability 'break' on the front of his leg. This increases the initial force of the blast while trying to break bone. He would then follow up with a three-step backstep after landing. If the kick was avoided, Mikhail would attempt to cartwheel over her by changing his momentum and try for a punch to her back.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:23 pm

Alison loved his smile, but was this the only way to see the one he was giving her now? Fine. She prepared herself. There were two movements. The first he was moving quickly and the second step doubled the previous one. There were two things that she knew about Mikhail now. One, he was extremely strong. And two, he enhanced himself. This kick was one of those things she had to look out for. As it came around to strike her head, Alison brought her left arm up and placed her right hand against her forearm. As the kick connection, Alison timed a very difficult enhancement of her own body. Her right hand hardened the blood in her left arm, so when Mikhail's leg hit, yes it hurt and the pain showed on her face, but it did not break her bone. Instead, it shattered iced blood within her. That hurt more, but she immediately melted it right back so very little damage was done.

As he was coming down from his kick, Alison began to float. The air around her swirled in a jet stream and allowed her to fly. She shot toward him in the same manner she did before, but this time they were much closer. Alison swung her right leg around and toward his left side, using a round house kick with normal force. If dodged, she would continue with a second kick with the opposite leg right after, twisting her body as this was done. During this, the air with her kicks extend outward, being used to cause him more resistance than normal. It's meant to slow him down or make him lose his balance.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:01 pm

Mikhail felt something that wasn't bone. Hardening her skin? No. Beneath that. It was... something different. No time to discern it. He'd ask about it later. Mikhail didn't want to get distracted. Alison's charge was too close for him to avoid. He should have backed out. He blocked the first kick, but the second sent him off-balance. The air made him fall slower, which he didn't notice at first. When he sprang up with a punch aimed at her leg, he noticed the sluggishness of his arms. It was odd, like moving through molasses.

Since the first punch would be dodged, as he slowed it down himself midway through, Mikhail took a few steps backward. He raised his left hand behind his body and above his head. His right hand clenched into a fist, and then... He stood there for a moment. He took a moment to catch his breath. Mikhail sprung like a snake, his right hand dashing for her stomach. But that was a feint not meant to connect. His body spun, his left hand aiming for her ribs from the side. His hand was flat, and he was going to strike with the side of it.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:18 pm

The first punch he came back with was easily dodged. She had slowed him down for that reason. When he took a step back, so did she. Were they done? She wanted this to be done. Her left arm was killing her and her left leg was hurting as well. As he moved, she expected some sort of ability to come next. Or were they done? She didn't know! When he sprung forward, Alison  fell for the feint. She went to block it with her left hand was going to counter with a punch from her right, but realized the feint was happening. He spun and she was almost caught of balance. She saw his back hand coming toward her ribs, but there was no way to block from this position. Instead, she let it hit and brought her arm down around his wrist, locking him there between her left ribs and arm. And now, his back was to her.

"...Sorry..." Alison thought when she realized what she was gonna do. Alison brought her left leg forward and around in a back kicked toward him. When she did this, she removed resistance from her leg to make it move quicker, but that wasn't it. As her leg swung, there was a bit of a spark. Lightning emitted from her leg as she swung it at high speed to his back. She did not bend her leg or anything that would cause any extra damage. Upon impact, the spark would release and the lightning would send him flying. If that did not connect, she'd raise her arm to release his wrist, but immediately push that arm toward his left side and send another gust of wind from her palm and at point blank range.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:35 pm

Mikhail was having fun. He had not been this close to defeat in a long time. And he was still trying to win. But a part of him told him to lose. To get this over with. But that part of him was not the part Mikhail usually listened to. Instead... Mikhail smiled more as his arm was caught. He had not been expecting that. He let out a feral and happy yell to send as much air out of his body. He spun, barely avoiding the kick. His plan was to use his momentum and her position to hit her back. Alison's gust of wind hit him in his ribs. Even with expelling as much air as possible, it hurt. Dear god did that hurt. He spat up a bit of blood, and smiled. Mikhail tumbled to the ground, rolling about twenty times before coming to a stop. He didn't look up as he faded out of consciousness. He smiled, and Mikhail cried tears of joy. Sometime later, Mikhail woke up. "Alison... you beat me. You actually beat me. Thank you..."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:58 pm

Alison was not having fun, but she needed to win. When that gust of wind hit him and he went rolling, Alison's powers all shut down. Her eyes were wide, her jaw dropped, and the terrified look plagued her face. When he finally stopped, she stood there in shock. He didn't move. He wasn't moving. "MIKHAIL!" she screamed at the top of her lungs, an intense fear lingering in her tone. She rushed over to his side and dropped to her knees as she slid to a stop beside him. "Mikhail! Mikhail..." she pat his cheek, but he wasn't waking up. "Mikh-... God, baby, no, no, no... Please wake up..." Alison looked around, hoping for someone to be close, but there was no one. She began crying and placed her head against his chest. He had a heart beat and was bleeding, but the blood on his mouth worried her more.

A couple of hours later, the two were in the hospital. Alison brought him here with her powers, scaring the shit out of everyone in Khul while she flew overhead. The entire time they were checking him, she paced. When he was stable, she was relieved, but she paced. When he woke up, she was sitting in a chair, her knees up to her chest and her face buried in her arms. When she heard his voice, her head shot up to look at him. He thanked her. This was something she just didn't understand. He told her about it before, but her being the one he wanted to fight didn't even cross her mind. Alison stared at him in silence for a moment. Tears fell down her eyes again and she immediately put her face back into her arms. She spoke out, muffled from her arms, but in a weak voice, "You're welcome."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:05 am

Mikhail sat up slightly, wincing at the pain. "I am sorry I put you through that. I... I must admit it was selfish of me, but... I have finally found the one who could defeat me. But more than that... I found it in a friend. Alison, please do not hate me or yourself for this. I wanted it, and I will take the blame. But..." Mikhail looked out the window, noticing it was now evening. "I now have no journey to make on my own. You said you would end my journey, and you have. For that, I am grateful. But now I am also confused. I do not have a drive. I, frankly, have no reason to live. But I want to. Meeting you has changed something in me, Alison. If I had not met you... when it came to this point, I would have thrown myself off of a cliff. But because of you, even if I do not have a reason, I want to live. Consider your debt absolved. You have given me something worth more than all of the gold in the world. But now I must ask to be in your debt." Mikhail turned to her, a gentle smile on his face. "Help me find a new journey."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:18 am

When he began speaking, Alison stayed still. It wasn't until he mentioned the cliff that she finally raised her head and looked at him. She was drained after today. Her eyes felt dull, her expression was as defeated as he was a few hours ago. His smile forced one onto her face, but the sense of defeat still lingered. "You are not in my debt... You owe me nothing, Mikhail." Alison finally lowered her legs and sat normally in the chair, "However, you promised me something... That you would help me figure things out." Alison put her hand around her neck. She does want her memories back and to remember who she was and he had promised her a month ago that he would help with that.

"And I'll help you find it... I promised, remember?" she said with a smile and stood up. Alison walked over to him with a small limp and leaned over the bed, placing a kiss on his forehead. She then used the air to lift him up and place him a few inches away from her just so she could slip in beside him. Once she was laying down, she laid him down beside her and clung to him. She was gentle and didn't hold on tight, but she planted her face into his chest. "Don't you even try to get away... You fight me on this, Mikhail, and I'll squeeze." she said playfully, her voice a little muffled as she laid there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:39 am