Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
A Savior Bathed In Crimson [Closed] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
A Savior Bathed In Crimson [Closed] EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
A Savior Bathed In Crimson [Closed] EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
A Savior Bathed In Crimson [Closed] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
A Savior Bathed In Crimson [Closed] EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
A Savior Bathed In Crimson [Closed] EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
A Savior Bathed In Crimson [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
A Savior Bathed In Crimson [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
A Savior Bathed In Crimson [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

2 posters

A Savior Bathed In Crimson [Closed]

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

A Savior Bathed In Crimson [Closed] Empty A Savior Bathed In Crimson [Closed]

Post by Serenity Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:38 am

A Savior Bathed In Crimson [Closed] Header_zps35ab690d

The forest was thick. A cool breeze pushed it's way through the trees. The sun was high in the sky, beaming down through open areas of the thick trees above. Nerine was walking along a path she had become familiar with. She was calm as usual, humming a light tune as she walked along. She listened to the air as it blew passed her. A whistle could be heard among the trees as the air weaves it's way in and out of them. It was beautiful. Nerine loved it here. It was relaxing to her. She hopped over a small log, landing quite elegantly on the other side. She was completely unaware of the eyes peering through the trees out at her. As she began to walk, she heard something behind her and looked, but nothing was there. "Hello?" she called out, her sweet voice echoing through the trees. Nothing seemed to be there. She turned and continued walking, humming again. This was a mistake; it prevented her from hearing them get closer. There was a break in her tune and suddenly she could hear them coming. She could hear the footsteps rapidly closing in on her. She turned around to see and...

"AAAHHHH!!!!"

A high pitched shriek echoed all around, piercing the ears of anyone close enough to hear. She struggled against the grasps of men. There were four of them. They grabbed her wrists, her neck, her waist, her clothes, her hair, and any other pat of her to get a good grip. She went to scream for help, tears falling rapidly from her eyes as a fear she had never felt before set in. They slapped a hand over her mouth. "Gag her." one said. Her eyes widened as she had a dirty cloth stuffed into her mouth. A rope followed the cloth; they tied it around her head, down her neck, around her wrists, and then down to her waist, keeping her entire upper body tied to tight she couldn't move. They let her go and her body dropped to the ground. Her eyes looked up to them in fear, her body trembling as their hate filled expressions glared down at her. "What'll we do with 'er now?" one of them asked. "Bring the bitch back to camp. She'll make a good slave." another replied. The stronger looking of the four grabbed onto the rope and began dragging her along the forest ground, not caring about what she was being dragged through.

"Someone help me..." she thought, wishing she had not wandered so far from home. They made it to the camp and she was lifted from the ground like she weighed nothing. Her body was tossed over a fire toward a large log, colliding with the ground hard enough that she heard something crack. Moving around, she was happy to find that what cracked was an old twig and not part of her own body. She laid there as one of them came toward her. He grabbed the rope around her wrists and lifted her up, tossing her over the log to lay on her back. "What's y'er name girly?" he asked, but she didn't answer him. He smacked her and asked again, but she didn't answer. He punched her in the stomach, causing her to whimper and buckle over. He pushed her to the ground and kicked her side. She screamed through the dirty rag. "Ay'. Ya gotta take the damn rag out if ya' wan' her to talk." one of the men said. "Oh, righ'. Gotcha." he said and ripped the dirty clothe from her mouth, though the rope was still there, "Same question, wench."

"Nerine... My name is Nerine."
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

A Savior Bathed In Crimson [Closed] Empty Re: A Savior Bathed In Crimson [Closed]

Post by Tsubine Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:25 pm

A Savior Bathed In Crimson [Closed] D02

In space, no one can hear you scream. Thankfully, this was not space. This was just a small forest, not somewhere devoid of life. Many creatures heard a scream which flew through the air like a bullet. Birds flew from their stoops and deer began to gallop away. Rabbits hid in briars and snakes retreated into the ground. This was a scream which even nature was afraid of. And yet, it only made one man's head turn.  "An elf..." Standing in almost completely white armor, Sarilann Aguraad had heard the wounded cries of his kin.

He dashed through the forest, his shield and sword both drawn, following the scream. Even though she was gagged, there was still some muffled screaming. That led Sarilann to... twitch. This led Sarilann not to a place... but to a state of mind—a set of actions. He could see them, his most hated adversary. Humans themselves were one thing... but human slavers struck a very personal nerve with him. There was no mercy to spared now. They had cast their dice—laid out their hand. The problem is... Sarilann rolled better.

"GRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!" A guttural roar rumbled from the forest as a flash of white charged forth. Scarlet swung before the first could react. He was a man of about forty. One eye was missing, although nothing would have changed the surprise of Sarilann charging out of the forest. A beheading is clean. A beheading removes the entire head. Sarilann did not behead this man. Rather, there was still part of his head attached. Of course... it was only his lower jaw.

The second had more time to react. He saw Sarilann. Granted, that's all he was able to do before a sword was shoved through his chest. He stood for a moment, still alive. Sure he only had goo for a heart now, but he wasn't dead just yet. Sarilann noticed. Someone should not be able to withstand a strike of his justice. With a second charge toward him, Sarilann slugged his shield into the second man's face with enough force to shatter a tree, let alone a human skull. Now the man's two most important parts were mush.

The third had enough time to draw a sword and take a swing. Thankfully, it was a frenzied swing. Frenzied not in the same sense as Sarilann, but rather... frenzied in fear and confusion. This man was in absolute terror. One minute he was watching his friends beat up an Elf, the next, his friends were dead because of an Elf. Sarilann stepped forward, spinning to avoid the swing. Now the two were face-to-face. Although he was not snarling, his eyes were like he was. The man easily could have taken a swing, but didn't. Sarilann charged. "U-UWAAAAAAA—" The man would have continued his scream, but no longer having lungs didn't allow that. Sarilann's sword sliced across his non-armored chest, deep into muscle and flesh, let alone bone.

Now it was time for the unspoken fourth man, the leader. His jagged smile was visible, even as he was sitting with a hood over his head. Sarilann began to charge, but the man only lifted a finger. "Bite." A cragged finger extended beyond the limits of a human body. It was like a lance or an arrow as it flew... or rather grew towards him at high speeds. Sarilann was not able to dodge, but he was able to make sure it was not a fatal blow as it dug deep into his arm.

The leader was hoping that it would startle Sarilann, allowing him to grab the crossbow to his right. Unfortunately, startling a ragebeast really doesn't work. Instead, Sarilann chopped the long finger off and resumed his charge. While part of the finger remained extended in his arm, the rest retracted like a rubber band. The hooded man began to scream and flail, his finger chopped off. By the time he stopped looking at his finger for even a brief glance, Sarilann was mid-swing. His eyes widened as a sword created even more of a distance between them.

With all four dead, Sarilann moved towards the bound beauty who had been their prey. Sarilann knelt down and cut the rope in a single strike. He placed his hands on her shoulder and brushed the hair out of her eyes. His face was now far more gentle, even if he did have blood spattered across it. "They're gone now, miss." He'd help her sit up on that log. "They won't be able to hurt you or anyone else any more... I am Sarilann Aguraad... what is your name, and what clan do you hail from?" Even with a really long finger sticking out of his shoulder, he was more concerned with her.

[/color]
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

A Savior Bathed In Crimson [Closed] Empty Re: A Savior Bathed In Crimson [Closed]

Post by Serenity Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:34 pm

"GRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!"

Nerine's eyes widened at the sudden yell that came from the forest. A man, an elf, ran forward and completely beheaded the first he came in contact with. After he stabbed the second through the stomach, Nerine could not watch. She closed her eyes tightly, wincing at the sounds of battle until they finally came to a stop. She opened her eyes out of curiosity, watching this large man come toward her. She wiggled around a bit, her eyes wide and fearful. She closed her eyes, waiting to be slain like the others when he knelt down, but instead felt her body freed. She opened her eyes and looked back up to him, pleased to see a much gentler look in his eyes. "They're gone now, miss." he said as he helped her up and set her down on the log. He definitely made her feel light as a feather when he did that. "They won't be able to hurt you or anyone else any more... I am Sarilann Aguraad... what is your name, and what clan do you hail from?" Nerine's heart was still racing. The excitement that happened here was not something she was used to; she normally had quite the quiet life.

"Nerine..." she spoke, her voice as light and gentle as a spring breeze, "I-I come from the Enelia Clan. We're a short walk in th-..." Nerine was about to point in the direction she thought she came from, but wasn't sure whether that was it. She looked around and realized she was kind of lost. "Oh dear..." she said. She looked back to him and saw the finger sticking out of his arm. Without really thinking, she reached forward and pulled it from his body. She was careful, so it wouldn't hurt him too much. She threw the finger to the side and waved her hand rapidly, like a girl touching a slimy bug. "Ew, ew, ew." she said and then placed her hand over his wound to apply enough pressure to stop blood, "I'm not the best person for the job, but if you have anything to wrap the wound with, I can get you patched up."
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Post by Tsubine Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:02 pm

A Savior Bathed In Crimson [Closed] A02

"Nerine..." An interesting name she had. It wasn't anything too extraordinary, but it was definitely Elven. She could be trusted from what he could tell. "I-I come from the Enelia Clan. We're a short walk in th-... Oh dear..." She tried to point where the clan was, but it was evident she was lost. That made sense, but thankfully Sarilann was capable of at least returning to a path that led in the general direction of that clan. "Enelia, huh? That is the clan I was heading for next, honestly. I can get us back to the path there, but I believe your sense of direction would be better than mine once at the path."

The next thing he knew, she was pulling... something out of his arm. Oh, that finger was still in there. He had been so enraged that adrenaline had already numbed the pain for that. "Oh... that was still in there. Thank you." She threw it away like a bug, which was understandable. Fingers were not meant to be that long. "I'm not the best person for the job, but if you have anything to wrap the wound with, I can get you patched up" Best person or not, she was the only person. "Hmm..." Sarilann looked around and saw something he could use. Well, it was more like a someone-turned-into-something rather than a pure something. He began to rip an entire sleeve from one of the men's cloaks, finishing within a few seconds. He handed it to Nerine. "This should work." He didn't know if it was too long, too wide, or anything. She asked for cloth... and he gave her cloth.

As she'd wrap the cloth around his arm, he'd wince a little. Who knew a little fingering would hurt so much. Thankfully she'd be done soon, and he'd flex his arm to make sure it'd bend right... and it did. It was a little hard to move fast, but his strength still seemed to be there. Noticing how... abused she appeared, Sarilann knew she was not walking out of here. The next thing she'd know was that he was picking her up from behind, placing her on his back. "I apologize for being so forceful with this, but I feel you'd be more comfortable traveling this way." He smiled a little as he looked back to apologize. "Hold on tight. This shouldn't take long." Making sure she was "strapped in" good enough, they'd take off towards a path. "So, what is it you do for the Enelia clan, Miss Nerine?"

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:48 pm

"Thank you for helping me... You were making your way to my clan?" Nerine tilted her head curiously at the meaning behind that, "May I ask why you were coming to see us?" Nerine would notice the grotesque finger and pull it from his body. He didn't seem phased at all by that. She smiled in slight awe at his strength and tolerance for pain. When she asked for something to wrap his wound with, she wasn't expecting him to grab pieces of the dead men's clothing. She looked at it confused, but then nodded in agreement. "When we get back to the clan, I'll have one of our healers dress your wound in something a bit more fitting." she said with a sweet smile as she cleaned his wound up and wrapped the sleeve around it. She finished dressing his wound and went to slide off of the log. In trying, she winced a bit. The men had thrown her around and kicked at her quite a lot. She almost felt like something might of been broken, but she knew that the amount of pain she had wasn't matching her being that badly injured.

Sarilann suddenly lifted her up by the back of her shirt. She let out a cute squeak, a little startled at being lifted so easily and once again being made to feel light as a feather. As she was lifted, she curled up a bit, like a puppy being carried along by the scruff of his neck, and then relaxed once she was set down. She wrapped her slender arms around his neck, careful not to pull to hard on him. "I apologize for being so forceful with this, but I feel you'd be more comfortable traveling this way." "No, no. Don't apologize. If it weren't for you, those men would still be hurting me. I appreciate everything you've done." She tightened her arms for a moment, giving him an awkward hug, "Dad's gonna like you. He says the clan needs a few more strong men around." "Hold on tight. This shouldn't take long." Nerine blinked a couple of times and then wrapped her arms a little tighter. A moment later, they were on their way toward the path. Nerine's mind wandered for a moment, but her thoughts really only made her sad.

It was disappointing. Today was Nerine's first time truly leaving the village for an adventure and something like this happens just a couple minutes out. "I guess it wasn't meant to be..." she thought. "So, what is it you do for the Enelia clan, Miss Nerine?" Nerine thought for a moment and shook her head. "I'm not really important. I help out when someone needs me, but the Enelia are very simple." she explained to him, "They don't go on adventures or travel. They rarely make contact with the other clans. They're actually quite isolated. It's not the funnest place to be, unless you like a dull life..." Nerine glanced off with a sorrowed look. She didn't really like having a dull life with an every day routine, but that's all her clan offered. "I guess their lack of adventure is made for by how kind and friendly they all are. Everyone is welcome there. I've never seen anyone turned away when they needed help."
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:27 pm

"Thank you for helping me... You were making your way to my clan? May I ask why you were coming to see us?" Oh, right. She may not have heard of him. "I basically travel in between clans, seeing if they need any help for a short time. Your clan was the next on my list." Sarilann was basically a traveling hired hand. He'd help with killing a beast or with building a new structure. He'd help any Elf he'd come across, no matter their situation. He tries not to involve himself as a force for inter-clan disputes, but will gladly try to play the mediator.

After getting patched up, Sarilann would pick her up to carry her on his back. He couldn't help but to smile a little at the noise she made, but was glad she was somewhat comfortable on his back. "Dad's gonna like you. He says the clan needs a few more strong men around." That worried Sarilann, however he'd need to disguise his worry. "Has something happened with the strong men, or is most of your clan beautiful women like you?" She was pretty, but he was mainly hoping his worry about the men would disappear. If the strong men had been injured or killed, then that would leave the village open to a slaver raid. And if that happened... Sarilann would need to find out quickly.

"I'm not really important. I help out when someone needs me, but the Enelia are very simple. They don't go on adventures or travel. They rarely make contact with the other clans. They're actually quite isolated. It's not the funnest place to be, unless you like a dull life... I guess their lack of adventure is made for by how kind and friendly they all are. Everyone is welcome there. I've never seen anyone turned away when they needed help." Sarilann could tell she seemed a little unhappy with the way of life of the Enelia. However, Sarilann felt that to be more of the norm. It wasn't exciting, but it was safe. "I feel those that help with everything are more important than those that only do a single job. You're like a home-bound version of me, hahah." He let out a small chuckle, trying to raise her spirits.

"Having a lack of adventure isn't too big of a downside. Otherwise..." Sarilann glanced back to the distant campsite, "what just happened would be far more common." His worry was coming back, but he hid it well. "But to have a kind clan surrounding you is a very good thing. I've seen clans who won't even welcome their own kind into their villages. It's a sad state, really. I am surprised so many of them have survived..."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:20 pm

"You are very kind to travel around with such a goal..." Nerine looked at him with slight surprise and then her smile returned, only to be softer than before. She liked him. He was kind and saved her life, so he was a good man. She would pay him back some how. "Has something happened with the strong men, or is most of your clan beautiful women like you?" Nerine giggled, blushing a little at the compliment. "Thank you... And it's sad to say that I don't remember a time where there were many strong men in our village." she explained, "The village has always been at peace. We don't have really any warriors or strong fighters. The strongest men are the hunters, like my Dad, but there are only around five to ten of them and they bring back just enough for the entire clan to enjoy. It may sound harsh, but I feel the clan has grown so used to tranquility that they've gotten a little soft in that sense." It really was a shame to say that all of the men in your clan were soft. There is a good reason this little lady is single.

"I feel those that help with everything are more important than those that only do a single job. You're like a home-bound version of me, hahah." Nerine's eyes widened and she looked down to her chest. She was unsure of how to take that, but went on by making a small joke. "I think I'm a little short for that title." she said with an innocent smile. She meant it, but really didn't know how to take being compared to a strong large man. She didn't exactly realize he meant on how she was helping her village. "Having a lack of adventure isn't too big of a downside. Otherwise..." When he looked back, so did she. "what just happened would be far more common." Nerine's arms tightened a bit around his neck. She wasn't choking him. She didn't have the strength for that. "But to have a kind clan surrounding you is a very good thing. I've seen clans who won't even welcome their own kind into their villages. It's a sad state, really. I am surprised so many of them have survived..."

"I haven't had something like that happen to me before..." Nerine quickly wiped a tear from her eye, "I've never been so scared in my life. I can see why Dad didn't want me leaving now..." She looked up to him with a weak smile. "I owe you my life Sarilann, thank you." she placed a small kiss on his cheek and smiled bigger. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw the path and pointed to it. "That's where we need to go." she said cheerfully, though her voice was as soft as it always was, "Head in that direction." It'd rally only take two minutes for them to get back to the clan. She wasn't that far off at all. Once they were, Nerine would catch quite a few eyes as she re-entered the village. "Nerine, dear, what happened? You look all beat up." a woman hurried up to her and asked. "I'm okay Lady Auriel. I wasn't too far out when these men attacked me." she explained to the people who began surrounding them and then motioned to Sarilann, "This man's name is Sarilann. He rescued me from them and brought me back home."

It was a small town, so news traveled very quickly. "Nerine!!! NERINE!!" from across what would be called the town square an elf with short black hair darted toward Nerine. "Daddy, I'm okay." Nerine reassured him as her Father reached toward her and pulled her from Sarilann's back as gently as he could. He examined her face and placed her down to examine the rest of her. "You've had rope around your mouth and you've been slapped..." he knelt down to be more at her height. Her Father was the same height as Sarilann and built quite similar. The two look like if they fought it'd be a tie. Too bad her Father wasn't a fighter, but a hunter. Her Father noticed everything about Nerine, always had. It was sometimes awkward. "You're standing oddly... Where else are you hurt?" he asked, narrowing his eyes at her. She couldn't lie to him. "They hit me in my stomach and kicked my side... I haven't looked, but it hurts really bad..." Nerine lowered her head and cried a little. "We'll get you checked out immediately." 

"I'm sorry, Daddy..." she said, wiping her tears again, but then moved over to Sarilann, "This man saved me, so can we make him dinner tonight? And he needs his shoulder checked out." Nerine suddenly shot the scariest glare over to a group of woman who were about to step forward, "And only Lady Auriel can touch him. I find out any of you women came within five feet, you'll regret it." The women all took a step back, having never seen Nerine so protective over someone before, but that pretty much meant she had "marked her territory". He didn't belong to her, but there was no way one of the desperate girls of the village were going to try and snatch him up in the night. "So you are the one who rescued my little girl, huh?" Nerine's Father, Mailian, stood up fully and held out his hand, "Thank you for your help. Please, as my daughter has said, we will have someone dress your wounds and a dinner will be cooked in your honor tonight. It's not ever day we get visitors, so do what you want. Explore the town."

"Come on." Nerine tugged on Sarilann's hand and lead him toward Lady Auriel's place. Upon arrival, they were welcomed with smiles and hugs. "I'm so glad you made it home safe and thank you for bringing her back." Lady Auriel, the same woman who greeted them before was the one to take care of them. Her husband, stepped up to Nerine and picked the small girl up, setting her down on a taller table. "Lift your shirt, hun." he said and she did as she asked. Nerine's entire right side was dark, heavily bruised from being kicked. "You too. Remove your shirt. Come. Come." Lady Auriel nudged at Sarilann. Through out this process, Nerine would be given different mixtures of herbs and then have her entire torso wrapped up tightly. "Those bastards who did this to you are dead, right?" Lady Auriel's husband asked and Nerine nodded, explaining how Sarilann came out of the woods and destroyed them. She talked him up as if he were this great super hero in her mind, causing the two to smirk toward him.

"There you go..." Arinus helped Nerine sit up and off the table. The pain was numbed because of the herbs given, so she felt much better. "Thank you. Do I come back for more tomorrow?" Nerine asked and Arinus nodded toward her. Nerine smiled and stepped over to Sarilann, "Are you okay?"
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:59 pm

Thankfully, Sarilann's first fears were not true. However, his second fears were. They were weak—ample prey for the beasts who called themselves "humans." Eventually, the two made it to the village. After one noticed her being carried, a crowd gathered. He wasn't about to let her down, but thankfully another male elf came running towards the duo. Sarilann assumed this was Nerine's father... and that soon was proven true when he removed her from Sarilann's back. He remained silent through most of their conversation, as it would be rude to interrupt a heartfelt reunion between father and daughter.

However, one thing Nerine said caught him off-guard like a well-disguised hook. "And only Lady Auriel can touch him. I find out any of you women came within five feet, you'll regret it." He blinked once. Twice. Thrice. "Hah?" What came out of his mouth wasn't so much a word as it was a sound. He was confused. What did she mean? Why was she being so protective of him? "So you are the one who rescued my little girl, huh? Thank you for your help. Please, as my daughter has said, we will have someone dress your wounds and a dinner will be cooked in your honor tonight. It's not every day we get visitors, so do what you want. Explore the town." Sarilann would gladly shake the man's hand. "No thanks are necessary, really. I was planning on coming to your clan to see if you needed assistance anyway. I am glad to have provided some even before I arrived." He let out a light chuckle. "Once I am healed, I would like to discuss business." Even with a finger-caused hole, he was still firstly thinking of Elvenkind.

Nerine began to tug on his hand, the one attached to his injured arm. She wasn't pulling hard, but just enough to get his attention. "Come on." He stumbled a little as he began to follow her. "Ah—right." The two quickly arrived, greeted by smiles and light hugs. "I'm so glad you made it home safe and thank you for bringing her back." "Again, it was nothing. I was only doing my duty as a protector of Elvenkind." Auriel would undo the makeshift bandaging around his arm to look at it. She made noises as she could see it bleeding a little more. She then nodded and motioned for Sarilann to follow her to a table."You too. Remove your shirt. Come. Come." He placed his shield and sword at the door upon a counter.

Sarilann looked to the kind Elven woman who would be healing him. It made sense that he be healed by the master first. The most Nerine could have would be broken ribs, but he didn't think she did by the way she reacted while she was being carried. However, he had to make one thing clear to her, and motioned for her to come closer and she did. "I have a request...", he whispered into Auriel's ear, "I would prefer if Miss Nerine did not see my back. And please do not ask questions of it." His tone was pleading. He did not need for the secrets of his back to come out. Not now. Auriel hesitated for a moment, but then nodded. She thought it odd, but could understand by looking into his eyes that he had his reasons.

After removing his armor and then his shirt, Sarilann would lie on the table sideways, his back facing a wall. Auriel would notice his chest had a few scars, but most of them seemed to be from battle. She cleaned up one side of the wound. She began to sew up the wound and place herbs onto it. Now came the other si—oh. Auriel stopped for a moment. Her eyes were wide and full of disbelief. Arinus noticed, but she just shook her head to say "shh." There, before her eyes, was not a back. No, a normal back would have smooth flesh. Sarilann had no back in that sense. No... there was not a portion of his "back" that was not scarred. It was uneven and bumpy, not to mention rough to the touch. It was obvious this was not just one scar, but hundreds—nay, thousands of individual ones, carved into him over many years. There were small scars, caused by whipping, and larger scars caused by fire. Although it was impossible to tell, the scars caused by weapons were different as well. Some were done by axe, some by lance, but most were done by sword. There were even some caused by mace and flail. It was amazing he was still alive.

Auriel regained her senses and began to treat the other side of the wound. It took longer, but only because she had to focus on his arm and not on what was left of his back. After sewing him up, she'd step in front of him and lean in. "Thank you for warning me. I..." Auriel tried to thank him for telling her to make sure Nerine couldn't see his back, but... Sarilann faintly smiled to her. "Don't worry about it. I'd rather not speak on the subject." She nodded and helped him upright. "Now, you shouldn't go around doing too much with that arm for the next three-to-four days. Come back then and I'll look at it to see if you'll need anything else. I'll make a paste to put around it to prevent an infection and pain." Auriel stepped into a side room which contained herbs and insects to begin making the paste, and Sarilann continued to sit on the table.

Sitting on a table is boring as long as you have no one to talk to. Thankfully, Nerine walked over after being seen to. " Are you okay?" Sarilann nodded and smiled. "Yes, Lady Auriel did a fine job sewing the hole up. How are you? Your side was far more bruised than I thought... You should have said something, I would have carried you differently." Sarilann was worried his method of carrying her was too rough. "And don't worry about my arm. It will be fine. I just need to let it rest some, that's all." Sarilann forgot that he was sitting there shirtless.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:18 am

Nerine was not the only one to take a liking to Sarilann. The entire village was in an uproar over his arrival. The rumors of him taking out ten slavers to save Nerine spread like wildfire, as if the two of them had told them the story that way. Elves were rushing around, trying to prepare a feast for the night. Sarilann was going to be treated like a king tonight. Anyone who took the time to rescue someone from the village the way he did deserved it. There was going to be music, dance, drinking, and anything else you could think of at a part. Nerine figured this would happen.

This entire village was her family and she knew how much they appreciated people like Sarilann. There was one thing she was worried about. She thought about it while Arinus was working on her too. Sarilann was a rare occurrence. He was big, strong, handsome, a good man, and what everyone would assume, single. There were way too many single women in this village. Nerine was counting down to the moment her Father asks Sarilann what his intentions toward Nerine were.

"Yes, Lady Auriel did a fine job sewing the hole up. How are you? Your side was far more bruised than I thought... You should have said something, I would have carried you differently." Nerine gently pat her side. "I'm okay and you were gentle enough. I didn't want to burden you anymore than I already had." she explained kindly, "You saved my life and brought me home. I couldn't ask for more... How's your arm?" She stepped a little closer to look at the bandages, but something else caught her eye. She looked at his chest, noticing a few scars.

"And don't worry about my arm. It will be fine. I just need to let it rest some, that's all." he spoke, but her attention was currently on his chest. "Wow..." she whispered slightly. She found herself reaching forward, placing a hand on the longest and tracing it down with her finger, "Do you go into battle quite often? Looks like you always come out on the better side of things, huh? Of course, seeing as you're alive, that's obvious. Do you have any more like this?"

"Uh... Nerine, hun... Come here for a moment." Arinus heard what she was asking him and decided to interfere. "Yes?" Nerine turned and stepped over. She was handed a small pouch of herbs. "Give this to your Father. After tonight, you know he's going to get sick." Arinus said. Nerine giggled in a way that showed she was a little embarrassed. Her Father was a bit of a heavy drinker during parties, so everyone expected him to act a little dorky. "I'll make sure to give it to him." she said and turned back toward Sarilann. Arinus gave Sarilann a knowing nod the moment Nerine couldn't see.

"I'll show you where I live, okay? I need to change clothes, these are too dirty now." Nerine turned toward the exit and stopped, "Um. As a warning, please stay away from the women in the village. A new man comes around and they'll be all over you. So... just be careful... please." Nerine sighed and pushed the door open. The moment she stepped out of the building, a few many women were standing outside waiting. She ignored them and continued walking.

The moment Sarilann would make an appearance, they'd all jump to their feet and surround him. "So you saved Nerine, right?" "Are you single?" "Are you interested in not being single?" "Do you think we're pretty?" "Who do you think is the prettiest?" "You're so handsome!" "There's no man in the village as strong as you are!" Questions and compliments, one after the other, all were thrown in his direction. Nerine ended up being squeezed out of the crowd and completely away from Sarilann as a whole.

"Well ain't he popular." one of the men from the village stepped up, "Thanks a lot Nerine. The women here already have problems with us. We didn't need something else to be compared to beyond their damn fairy tail books." "If you chose to stop acting like weak cowards, then maybe you'd get a wife." Nerine replied with malice in her voice, "It's not my fault you guys chose to play in your gardens and make clothes while the women went out and hunt. You're all backwards." Nerine was not one of these hunting women, but many in the village were and very little of them actually liked the role.

"I guess I'll meet you later... okay?" Nerine spoke in a disappointed tone and waved to Sarilann. She began walking off toward her home, her head slightly lowered. She didn't know why, but she enjoyed the thought of him coming along with her. She hadn't had a real friend in a very long time, so him being around made her feel better. With this many beautiful women surrounding him, she had no chance.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:22 pm

A Savior Bathed In Crimson [Closed] E02

Sarilann's hand twitched when Nerine asked about his scars. Thankfully, Arinus knew something was wrong with his back... or something. Maybe he just believed in his wife in that he should keep quiet about it. Arinus asked Nerine to leave on an errand—and an important one at that. She nodded and turned back towards Sarilann, and Arinus gave the other elf a nod of understanding. It was a good sign for a bad situation. "I'll show you where I live, okay? I need to change clothes, these are too dirty now." Sarilann smiled a little. "That's fine. I'll join you in a few minutes, Miss Auriel needs to give me an herb paste for my wound." Nerine began to wander out when she stopped and turned back around. "Um. As a warning, please stay away from the women in the village. A new man comes around and they'll be all over you. So... just be careful... please."

Sarilann blinked. Sure, he was known to cause a stir... but was it so bad at the Enelia clan that he had to be warned? "I assume that excludes you, of course." He half-joked, trying to keep her spirits a little high considering the situation. She was probably still in a little pain, so laughing might help her mind leave that place. Nerine walked outside first, and Auriel returned. After some light conversation that would be too low for Elven ears to hear and Auriel pressing the paste onto his arm, a new conversation started. "You should probably get out of your armor for now. It'll rub that paste off. Here, I've got some extra robes you can wear. It's nothin' special, but you'll be clothed." Arinus handed over a set of blue robes and Sarilann nodded and stepped into a back room to quickly but carefully change into the set of robes which would not tighten around his chest properly. "They fit you just fine. Nerine should still be outside waiting, so you should hurry."

Upon exit, Sarilann was practically ambushed by all sorts of questions. She was right. This was like throwing a tantalizing steak in front of hungry, hungry tigers. And as pretty as many of them were (and how curvy they were too, trying to rub those curvy bits all over Sarilann to mark their territory)... he was not interested in them. Just by looking he could tell that these women were the backbone of the village. Sarilann would not be able to settle down in this village, so going after one of them wasn't feasible. He managed to squeeze through the mass of fangirls to get to the other side, meeting Nerine. He didn't even see her waving before his vision was so blocked...

"So, how should I help with the feast?" That was the first thing he asked. "Since I can't use this arm," he flexed his left arm a little, "I can't really do too much right now... but I still need to help." His priorities were the Enelia clan's survival for now. And if he can't swing a sword to cut up enemies for them, he'll gladly swing a knife to cut up food. "Also..." his gaze shifted to the mob behind them, "you didn't tell me that it was that bad..."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:35 pm

Nerine waited outside for a couple of minutes while girls flocked around to see Sarilann. She kept a straight face, but it was annoying to watch. She knew it would happen. If he hadn't saved her and it was someone else he had saved, Nerine knew it was quite possible that even she would be one of these desperate women right now. It's why she didn't say anything and scolded the male who came to insult her. It really was a shame and a pretty pathetic sight. Once Sarilann came out and they surrounded him, Nerine figured she wasn't going to be able to talk to him, so she merely waved and began walking off. She was lost in thought when he suddenly came up by her side. She jumped, a little startled at his arrival. "I'm surprised you were able to get away." Nerine glanced back to the women, a few looking sad and others glaring at her. Part of her wanted to stick her tongue out at them, but she chose otherwise. There was not point in irritating any of them anymore than she was. She did have to live in this village.

"So, how should I help with the feast?" Nerine blinked a couple times in surprise as she looked up to him. "Since I can't use this arm," he said. She looked to his arm as he flexed it, fighting a blush when she had a little day dream pass through her mind. He did make her feel light as a feather. "I can't really do too much right now... but I still need to help." It was then that Nerine noticed he wasn't wearing his armor. "You don't need to help with anything when it comes to the feast, that is all for you." she said, glancing at the robes he was wearing, "You only need a couple days of rest until it's healed, so don't push yourself. The gardeners prepare the food here, not the warriors." "Also..." "Hm?" she glanced back to the women who still followed them for a bit. "you didn't tell me that it was that bad..." "I tried to warn you... I'm sorry." she said with a sigh, "That's what happens when women are starved of men. An actual man shows up and they can't help but gather. It's like a Legend of Myths has shown up..."

Nerine glared back to the women who just kept inching closer to them. She wrapped her arm around Sarilann's uninjured one and began pulling him along, rushing toward her home to get him away from them. Nerine would have to admit that she was being a little territorial right now. He saved her not them, so they needed to leave him alone. It wouldn't take long for them to arrive at Nerine's home. Nerine lead Sarilann inside and set the sack of herbs on the kitchen counter. "Daddy, we're here." she called out through the house. "Alright Nerine, I'll be down in a moment." Nerine then lead Sarilann to a living area and offered him a seat. "Would you like anything to drink?" she asked as she heard footsteps coming down the stairs. "Alright, so we have the honored guest of the village in our home. Welcome, Stranger." "His name is Sarilann, Daddy." Nerine politely corrected. "Ah, yes. Sarilann. Welcome to our home and thank you once again for saving my little girl." Mailian turned to Nerine, "May I have some tea, dear?"

Nerine nodded and made her way to the kitchen to get the tea and whatever Sarilann would have requested when Nerine asked. "My name is Mailian, if no one already told you." he introduced himself again, "So, how was the rest of the village? Did the women mob you, yet?" Mailian chuckled at the fact and then leaned forward while sitting on the couch. He set his elbows on his knees and motioned Sarilann to lean forward so Nerine couldn't hear them talk. "As a warning, the women in this village are insane. They're all hunters and warriors, so they don't have really any of the feminine charms that women should have." Mailian shot a look toward his daughter, "My daughter is one of the few girls in the village that you can still fully call a woman. I didn't allow her to take that tough route after her Mother died, so if you want a good woman, that's who you want to snatch up." Mailian nodded a few times, as if Sarilann would just understand what he was getting at. Mailian signaled Sariliann and then leaned back.

"Here are your drinks." Nerine happily set a tray down on the small table in between the two of them and handed them each their beverages, asking sweetly, "What were you two talking about?" "Oh, nothing too important. Just a man to man talk." Mailian spoke up quickly, waving their conversation off like it was nothing. "Oh, alright." Nerine didn't believe him for shit, but she could play it off like that. "The feast will be starting in an hour, right after the sun goes down, so you two get ready to have some fun." Mailian picked up his glass and took a drink. "Lady Auriel and Arinus had me bring you some medicine. They know how you are when you get drunk." Nerine spoke with an angry tone as she glared toward her Father. She didn't like the way he drank at parties. "Oh, no, no. I promise I won't get too bad this time, I swear." Mailian said as sincerely as he could. Nerine just sighed and looked to Sarilann with a suspicious expression, "You don't get so drunk you forget not to vomit all over a freshly cleaned floor, do you?" 
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:24 am

Being led by a woman that way was odd. He hadn't been led around like that before, especially by someone so much shorter than he was. It took him a minute to get his steps in line with hers so he didn't trip... Upon arriving, Sarilann liked the way Nerine's home looked. It was two-story and well-built. There didn't seem to be much in terms of decoration, however. That part was a little sad, but he could understand. Sometimes you just couldn't get things like decorations this far out. And with the men being... like that, there probably were no artisans or craftsmen.

Sarilann sat on a finely-crafted wooden chair and crossed one leg. Nerine asked if he wanted something to drink. He shook his head and smiled, "I'm fine, thank you." Soon, Nerine's father entered. "Alright, so we have the honored guest of the village in our home. Welcome, Stranger." He was used to and fine with being called stranger. However, Nerine wanted her father to know his name. That was fine too. "Ah, yes. Sarilann. Welcome to our home and thank you once again for saving my little girl." Sarilann only waved a little. "Again, it was nothing. I only did my duty as a fellow Elf."

Thankfully, he gave his name. Mailian. Now Sarilann didn't have to ask for his name! "So, how was the rest of the village? Did the women mob you, yet?" Sarilann did not return Mailian's chuckle. "That they did." Upon hearing that, Mailian motioned for a whispered conversation. "As a warning, the women in this village are insane. They're all hunters and warriors, so they don't have really any of the feminine charms that women should have." Sarilann wanted to correct him on that. Women who were hunters and warriors had their own charm. He had met and fought alongside many strong female Elves, so he knew this firsthand. In fact, Mailian had hit a nerve, although Sarilann was going to let that slide for now considering the state of this clan.

"My daughter is one of the few girls in the village that you can still fully call a woman. I didn't allow her to take that tough route after her Mother died, so if you want a good woman, that's who you want to snatch up." Wait. Wait what? Hold up a moment. Snatch up? What the hell did Mailian think Sarilann was here to do?! Or was it no longer a "what" but a "who?!" "I think you've got the wrong idea..." Sarilann was practically pleading with him to understand that he wasn't here to get a wife or concubine.

Nerine brought tea for the both of them, even though Sarilann didn't ask for any. Honestly, his stomach was feeling like it was about to implode. Those herbs did help, but boy did they cause him discomfort. It was all he could do to keep a straight face, so he just set the tea back down while the other two were talking, mentioning the feast would be ready in an hour... Only an hour. Sarilann would need to go back to Auriel to get something for this... otherwise he wouldn't be able to eat anything at the feast. "You don't get so drunk you forget not to vomit all over a freshly cleaned floor, do you?" Nerine snapped him out of his funky thinking.

"Huh? Ah... no... I don't think I've been drunk before, actually..." Sarilann began to think. "I... can't remember any time when I would have, no..." The only alcohol he has had was only ceremonial stuff. He's never drunk for pleasure... "So, Mister Mailian, I would like to talk business. Although I can't do much with my left arm, I still have a perfectly-function right arm. Since I doubt anyone would let me assist today, is there anything I can help the village with starting tomorrow? I am capable of assisting with construction, hunting, fishing, minor medicine, and cooking if need be. People also have said I'm good with kids, although..." Sarilann rubbed his left shoulder, "I have a feeling children will end up causing my stitches to open again."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:59 am

Mailian definitely did have the wrong idea, but that didn't matter to him. He wanted his daughter to have a man in her life, not one of these weak pansy little pieces of nothing that she was stuck dealing with in this village. The men here ran from fights while Sarilann charged in to save Nerine. That was a huge and rare thing to be seen here in the Enelia. It was disappointing and a lot of the women were ashamed to even say that they were a part of the village. Mailian was actually one of the few that the women here would loved to have had a chance with, but his heart was taken by Nerine's Mother and he doesn't feel as if he could ever love another, and he doesn't really even try to either. He's quite happy with it being just him and his daughter. And though Nerine was unaware of the fact, her Father hated parties. He drank so much at them because he was forced to go as the current Head of the Enelia and many of the women always tried getting with him, the same way they ambushed Sarilann, probably hoping her changed his mind about being with someone new. He felt the only way he could deal with being at one of these celebrations was by drinking so much that he wouldn't remember it the next day.

"Huh? Ah... no... I don't think I've been drunk before, actually... I... can't remember any time when I would have, no..." Mailian and Nerine both smiled at him. That was actually good to hear. "Ah, not a drinking man, huh? Good. Don't start it until you're older and your kids are grown, if you choose to have any." Mailian said with a laugh, "Got to stay healthy, ya know?" Mailian nodded as he took up his cup and drank a bit more tea. "My Father didn't start drinking until just a few years ago. I can't say I understand why he started, but I am in no place to tell him to stop." Nerine spoke to Sarilann, but it seemed more like a lecture toward her Father, thought also her showing her own understanding, "With how much he carries the clan, I don't feel like he should have to quit, especially since it's usually only during parties. The others in the village don't seem to agree though." "Nerine..." Mailian spoke up and pointed to her stomach, "Your clothes, they have blood on them dear; you should go change." "Oh...Right. Yes Father." Nerine stood up and bowed politely to the two of them, "Please excuse me, I'll return shortly." and then walked off, making her way up the stairs and to her room to change.

"So, Mister Mailian, I would like to talk business. Although I can't do much with my left arm, I still have a perfectly-function right arm. Since I doubt anyone would let me assist today, is there anything I can help the village with starting tomorrow? I am capable of assisting with construction, hunting, fishing, minor medicine, and cooking if need be. People also have said I'm good with kids, although..." Mailian blinked and looked toward his injured shoulder with a knowing expression. "I have a feeling children will end up causing my stitches to open again." "Hm... I see. You do not have to call me Mister or use any formalities similar. You are on equal standings with me, so speak as you would a friend." Mailian spoke more professionally now that his daughter was out of the room, "You're right, no one will let you help with the feasts. It's not really a gift if you helped pay for it, at least that's what the women would say. Now... Honestly, we've been having trouble out on the hunts. Humans have made their way closer and closer to our borders, so we haven't been able to get much meat for the clan. You'd be able to help with that, though we'd have to go before the women found out..."

"If you're up for it, after that arm is better, we could hand you a bow and you and I can head out for a bit." Mailian said, though there was the faintest hint of disappointment in his tone, "It feels rude accepting help like that, but with the men around here, if you can even call them that, it's hard not to. I really wish you would steal my daughter from this place... I hate seeing her so unhappy..." A second or two after that final sentence, a new Nerine came down the stairs. The dirt on her face was cleaned off, her hair was nicely brushed, and she wore a cute sunflower colored dress. "That feels a lot better." Nerine spoke up with a small smile and sat down next to her Father. "Well don't you look beautiful." Mailian said with a smile. "Thanks Dad." Nerine blushed a little at the compliment being said in front of a guest. She felt as if he was trying to embarrass her. "The feast will be starting soon. We should head down to the Square and pick our seats." Nerine said and stood up, her Father following suit. "They'll probably have you sing again, Ner'." Mailian said and she nodded, seemingly excited for that. "Come on." Nerine looped an arm with Sarilann and began leading him along toward the square where everything was almost ready.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:04 am

"You do not have to call me Mister or use any formalities similar. You are on equal standings with me, so speak as you would a friend." Sarilann was a little over-cautious on that. Some Elves liked to be referred to by a formality. To think this man was not one of those was pleasantly surprising. He nodded as Mailian began to speak more professionally. "You're right, no one will let you help with the feasts. It's not really a gift if you helped pay for it, at least that's what the women would say. Now... Honestly, we've been having trouble out on the hunts. Humans have made their way closer and closer to our borders, so we haven't been able to get much meat for the clan. You'd be able to help with that, though we'd have to go before the women found out..." That made Sarilann worry. Humans were encroaching on their territory. It was only a matter of time before it would happen again.

"If humans are getting that close, I would suggest building some defenses. Even if you don't have good manpower..." he said so ironically, "a good defense may deter them from getting too close." His saying them was overwhelmingly full of animosity. Humans were nothing but savages to him. "I can help plan some, if you'd like." And Sarilann would do whatever it takes to prevent these savages from taking more Elven lives.

"If you're up for it, after that arm is better, we could hand you a bow and you and I can head out for a bit." Sarilann shook his head and looked off to the side a bit before returning his gaze to Mailian. "I would have to decline using a bow." Sarilann looked to his armor, which had been placed in a vacant chair in the room. "Consider it ironic, but I never was good with one." An Elf who couldn't use a bow. It was outside of the stereotype, but it was very true. He couldn't use one. Well, he could... it just wouldn't hit an animal. "It feels rude accepting help like that, but with the men around here, if you can even call them that, it's hard not to. I really wish you would steal my daughter from this place... I hate seeing her so unhappy..." Sarilann shook his head once more.

"Do not think it is rude. I travel around precisely because of situations like this. Rude would be requesting help when someone doesn't offer it. I offer my help so people won't have to feel rude... Because one man's pride has been the downfall of many, many clans. I have seen so many fall because they won't accept my help. To see that you would is a great pleasure to me. I'm glad to help in any way I can because it will preserve Elvenkind for many generations to come." Sarilann was serious. He didn't initially even hear that part about taking Nerine away.

Then, Nerine returned. She was wearing a nice, plain yellow dress. It wasn't anything Sarilann would pay attention to at first. The next thing Sarilann knew, he was being dragged out of his chair and into the square. There were many long tables, with one of them being placed upon a stage-like platform. That one had five chairs. One for Mailian, one for Nerine, one for Sarilann, one for Auriel, and one for Arinus—in that order. There were already people sitting, but no one was touching their food. Sarilann felt a little odd as Nerine walked him up the stairs. He didn't let her pull out his chair, and he immediately sat down. Sarilann began to look around... and realized he could barely tell the women from the men. He leaned over to Nerine and whispered to her. "I see what you and your father meant about the men here... It's worse than I thought..."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:59 pm

The moment Nerine returned and decided it was time to make their way toward the festivities, Mailian slouched hopelessly forward in despair. He whined a little bit and stood up before they made their way out. Everything was quite wonderful out in the square. Children were running around, happily helping with the preparations. Women were standing around, guarding the place until called to the table. The men prepared the table quickly. Upon seeing Nerine and Sarilann returning, people sped up their paces just a bit and the women began their way toward the table. Though it would not be terribly obvious, the others refused to sit until Mailian, Nerine, and Sarilann had all taken their seats. Nerine was happily chatting with a young girl across from her when Sarilann leaned in to whisper to her. "I see what you and your father meant about the men here... It's worse than I thought..." Nerine turned toward him, blinked a couple times, and then brought her hand up to her mouth to hide her laugh.

“Y-Yes...” she said, trying to stop giggling, “It really is not the best place to be if you're wanting to find a decent husband or wife. Everything is so mixed up.”

“Now then...” Mailian grabbed his drink and stood up. Everyone was seated at the many tables that filled up the town square. The entire village was here, which really wasn't more than maybe one hundred people. Mailian cleared his throat and caught everyone's attention. All eyes were now on him, including a few women around his age that couldn't help but stare at one of the actual men in the village. “We have gathered in the town square today to welcome and thank one man. This man,” Mailian motioned politely toward Sarilann, “for saving the life of my daughter, Nerine, the next head of the clan. As we all know, she went out to travel, but was ambushed by the humans that are making their way closer and closer to our lands. In a heroic effort, Sarilann defeated them and returned Nerine to us alive.” Mailian then turned to Sarilann and smiled, “Thank you. We all thank you, my friend.”

The entire town raised their glasses after the speech and in a cheerful glee shouted, “To Sarilann!” And everyone took their drinks. From there, the party officially began. People began eating, talking, laughing, and just having fun. Nerine sat quietly for a while, eating her food while a few of the younger women, as if you could really call them that, began talking to Sarilann and questioning him about things he's done and places he's been. “Don't just let them move in on your territory! Push them back, Nerine.” Mailian practically begged his daughter in a whispered tone. “Daddy!!” she glared at him and he began to whine toward her, so she whispered angrily back, “I'm not going to bother him anymore than I already have, so stop it! If he likes them, then he likes them.”

“Ladies!!!” Mailian stood up suddenly and began pushing the women back, “Let the man eat and drink. You're becoming a nuisance.” That final sentence was spoken in the most intimidating and irritating tone that Mailian's deep voice could muster up. The women stared at him for a moment and then just backed off, finally leaving Sarilann to peace. Mailian turned toward Sarilann and Nerine and gave a big thumbs up and smile, a small twinkle coming off of his white teeth. Nerine smacked her hand to her forehead and whined a little. Her Father was so embarrassingly obvious about his intentions.

“So embarrassing...” she said and took a drink. She looked toward Sarilann with an apologetic smile. “I'm sorry about all of this. I know he's being extremely obvious about everything, but that's how he is.” Nerine explained as she stood from her seat,  “I'm going t-...” “Nerine!” a young boy snuck up on her and tugged on her shirt, “Sing for us, please? Sing!” Suddenly a few other people joined in on this and Nerine smiled. “Alright, alright.” she said as she was dragged over to a small stage. “The Voice.” Nerine told the people who would be playing the music for her. They nodded and began playing. A few moments later, Nerine would begin singing her song. In a few minutes, her song would end and everyone would applaud. Nerine would take her bow and step off the stage, returning to her seat with the brightest smile she could bring about. She loved to sing and that showed both in her voice and her eyes. She wasn't bad at it either. “Girl's got talent, huh?” Mailian smiled down at Sarilann, wondering if the song impressed. Most people were, but Sarilann wasn't the normal male around here.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:19 pm

A Savior Bathed In Crimson [Closed] A01

The party was a little hectic, especially at the beginning. Sarilann wasn't too fond of being talked to while he was eating, so he just stayed silent. In fact, he didn't even raise his head, except when Mailian would speak. Even then, it wasn't even a full lift. He was just making sure that the clan leader was fine. He'd catch himself looking to Nerine, wondering if she was uncomfortable with all of this rude crowd encroaching on her eating grounds. If their eyes were to meet, Sarilann would give her a smalle, reassuring smile.

Sarilann didn't even hear her apologize to him. In fact, the next thing he heard was silence, which did catch his attention. He stopped gnawing on... whatever meat this was to look up and see Nerine in front of him, sorta. She was about 10 feet away, on a raised portion of the stage the "main" table was on. She began to sing, which did somewhat capitvate him. It's not that she was bad, but... frankly, Sarilann had no appreciation for the arts. They were wasted on him. He had no way of telling if someone had a nice voice for singing, if their painting was nice, or anything of that sort.

Thus, Sarilann would continue eating, albeit slower than before. When she was finished, Sarilann did applaud... but it had no real gratitude behind it. It was merely a polite, going with the crowd clapping. "Girl's got talent, huh?" "I suppose. I've never been one with an ear or eye for the arts. I can't feel what others feel when they experience it. Never been able to, and I don't think I ever will." It was a bit of a sad thing to say, but it's the truth for him. "But it's giving your people a reason to smile, so I can't say it's a bad thing." He was trying to make this sound as non-offensive as possible.

[A FEW DAYS LATER]

After a single day of just surveying the village plus two more helping around, Sarilann was beat. He had helped construct a new hut, designed a wall that would keep both bandits and dangerous animals out, and helped repair a few buildings. He also set up a few traps in secret, thinking that he wouldn't get approval for them. Upon his way out, he'd tell Mailian about it, but for now... he just wanted to sleep.

"RAAAIIIIDDD!" Sarilann's body was conditioned to that phrase. That single word. He shot awake, looking out the window that was in Mailian's guest room. He could see some elves scrambling towards an orange glow while others scurried away. He knew what the orange glow was. "Shit." Sarilann threw on his armor and began to run out of the room towards Mailian's room. He didn't even knock as he swung the door open. "Mailian, there's a rai—" "Yes, I know." Sarilann looked to clan leader with a look of determination that would look unbefitting of his once-calm demeanor.

"Allow me to command your people to defend themselves. It's your only chance for your people to survive." It was not meaning to sound offensive. But with the way his people were, they would need someone more knowledgable to lead them. Mailian nodded, althoug hhe was a little wary of giving command of his people to a stranger. "Go, I will be there shortly." Sarilann replied with a nod and sped out of the clan leader's room. He quickly made his way to Nerine's room, noticing she was only just now awake. He handed her his shield. "There's a bit of danger now. I don't have time to explain, but use this to defend yourself." Sarilann then placed his now-free hand on her shoulder. "Promise me you'll stay safe and won't do anything unbecoming of a beautiful elf."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:43 pm

As time passed, the party faded out. Children became tired and needed to sleep. Parents began cleaning up and preparing for the next day. Nerine was exhausted by this point. She was often pulled to the side for conversation, asked to play by children, or distracted by party events. She sung a few more songs through out the night, choosing a few that were more festive and fun, and was even asked to dance a few times, once or twice by her Father. Finally, as her part in this party ended and everyone was ready to sleep the rest of the night away, she was found helping her drunken Father back to bed. Once he was situated, she wished Sarilann a pleasant sleep and made her way to bed herself.

~ A Few Days Later ~

Days in the village seemed normal and boring as they passed by; the only interesting times for Nerine was when she was able to hold a conversation with Sarilann without the flirtatious interruptions the two often experienced. When this happened, Nerine would merely sigh, stand, and walk off until they would be able to talk again. She was often caught watching him work and help the villagers out and therefore teased about her admiration for him. Nerine smiled at this mostly, but knew that Sarilann would be leaving soon; there was no point in trying any further, which is something the other women began catching onto as well.

Night fell once again on the Enelia village. Nerine lay in bed, dressed in a white lacy nightgown that fell to her knees, her hair drapped back and wound into a braid, like she slept every night. And then the sound came. A horrifying word that spoke only of disaster rang through the village. Those on guard began ringing the bells, but there were only a couple. Nerine woke to the ringing of the bell, very confused. She was not a person who woke easily. She wandered her way downstairs, yawning casually as she glanced out the window. "Wh-What's going on?" she spoke through another yawn as Sarilann stepped over to her.

"There's a bit of danger now. I don't have time to explain, but use this to defend yourself." Nerine was surprised when she was handed a large heavy shield, "U-Um... O-Okay..." she looked down to it, confused and not entirely able to hold it up, but it was better than nothing. Her attention was brought back to the white haired Elven man in front of her as his large hand enveloped her petite shoulder. "Promise me you'll stay safe and won't do anything unbecoming of a beautiful elf." he said. Her words were caught in her throat for a moment, unsure of what to say.

"I... Uh, okay. I-I promise." she nodded, her cheeks flushed red at his compliment, but her eyes drenched in fear for what was to happen. She glanced out the window again, seeing fires lit over her neighbor's and friend's houses. Her heart was breaking with every scream that made it's way to her ear, but she knew nothing of what she could do. Nerine wrapped her small arms aroung his shield and made her way to the back of the house shouting, "Be careful!" to Sarilann as she went off to hide. She made her way to a back ladder that went high into one of the trees. This was the only defensive plan she could remember for her village, hide.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:55 am

A Savior Bathed In Crimson [Closed] Header1

Sarilann swung madly at the approaching human raiders. He could see many of them, but they were nothing compared to an Elf like himself. The problem was... Many of the Elves fighting were not like him. The men had trouble even raising a bow at the approaching bandits. The women were doing better than the men, but you could tell that they were not properly trained. Sarilann cursed himself for not getting to this village sooner. Maybe he could have prevented this...

"This is no time for regrets." Sarilann shouted and continued to swing, using his half-busted arm as leverage to increase his sword's swinging power. Arrows ricocheted off of his armor and swords bounced off from whatever they hit. Eventually, Sarilann disarmed a bandit, grabbing his short sword. But more kept coming. Their numbers seemed endless. Sarilann's teeth were nearing shattering from how hard the now-uncaged beast was snarling.

He bathed himself in their blood, his metal claws ripping them apart. His skill with killing was perfected on a battlefield, not a dojo. He used sand, trees, and even the fires to his advantage. There were many bandits that would be found later, burned alive. But one thing he did not do was give mercy. Every enemy he defeated, he killed. Humans are barbarians to him. They are wild mutts, barking as the farmer comes to put them down.

After nearly two hours of fighting, Mailian had caught up to Sarilann. Or maybe Sarilann had been pushed back to where Mailian was. At this point, neither knew. Sarilann's short sword was now busted, and he was back to using his scarlet longsword. "Mailian... Their numbers keep increasing. If we—" "Sarilann... I thank you for your service, but please... save yourself and Nerine. Don't risk your life any more fo—"

"I refuse. I will not leave this village behind so long as there is a chance of vic—" Mailian stepped forward, his face now out of Sarilann's view. "As Clan Leader, I banish you—Leave! You are no longer welcome in the village of the Enelia clan." Sarilann's eyes widened. He was... No, Sarilann knew exactly what Mailian was doing. Sarilann bowed to the clan leader, his head held low..."...Yes, Your Lordship. I will respect your order of banishment. May you..."

"Save it... I think we both know what is going to happen here." Sarilann could hear something in Mailian's voice... Sarilann knew this man had accepted defeat. That there was no way this village which had long-since abandoned its martial prowess would win against the ever-increasing number of raiders. "My last request... take Nerine with you. With her... this clan will live on." Sarilann raised his head, sticking his sword in the ground as a traditional Elven symbol of an oath."Yes, sir. I swear on this blade that I will protect her with my life."

Removing the sword, Sarilann ran back to the house he was once staying in. Fire was about to spread there. Sarilann could not climb fast enough. In a rare use of his Elven magic, he apologized to the house they had built... And a pillar of dirt rose up from beneath the floor, raising him up to where Nerine was. She was frightened, he could tell that. But he tried to smile and extended a hand... "Your father asked me to get you out of here. Please... let us leave before your life is in any more danger."

~End~

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:44 pm