Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
I Could Make You Care [Closed] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
I Could Make You Care [Closed] EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
I Could Make You Care [Closed] EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
I Could Make You Care [Closed] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
I Could Make You Care [Closed] EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
I Could Make You Care [Closed] EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
I Could Make You Care [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
I Could Make You Care [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
I Could Make You Care [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

2 posters

I Could Make You Care [Closed]

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

I Could Make You Care [Closed] Empty I Could Make You Care [Closed]

Post by Tsubine Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:28 am

I Could Make You Care [Closed] Header25

Even though a curfew had been in place for a few days, nothing seemed to have change. Although guards were posted at every street corner and tanks idled in parking lots, the everyday Zakatian was carrying on normally. Unfortunately, the same could not be said for the now-impregnable fortress of Laplace. It could no longer be called a simple palace—as it was completely illuminated in the night. The heavy metal and wooden gates were sealed shut and heavy artillery peeked over the battlements on the outermost walls.

Inside, the scene was far more chaotic. Only essentially personnel were inside now, and no one was allowed to leave or exit without the now-interim Commandant of the Imperial Royal Guard's explicit permission. The entire building was arush with soldiers patrolling and secretaries dashing to give paperwork to those who needed it. And at this point, a lot of that paperwork was needed...

But there was one section of the entire palace-fortress which no chaos dared intrude. It was the most-secure section of Laplace, and it would remain as such until their special guest—Her Highness the Emperor—was ready to leave. Right now, she was in no condition to leave. Currently under heavy anesthesia after multiple surgeries, Tsubine von Zarkonheinz was resting as peacefully as someone who had a bullet lodged in their arm only days before could. And it seemed today would be the day that the anesthesia was going to wear off as Tsubine's eyes began to shiver.

It wasn't too bright in the room, but for her, it was like staring into the sun. She tried to lean up to get a better view, only to be stopped by a shooting (pun intended) pain in her left arm. It took her a few seconds for her bearings to re-calibrate for this new location, but she was able to identify it as somewhere in Laplace. It wasn't somewhere she visited much, but it was somewhere in the palace. And she felt safe there.

The Emperor began to reach for the bell on the side of her bed, only to stop as the steel door slid open. "Nu—" Although it wasn't whom she expected, the person who did walk in was probably the best. "Miss Luminere..." Her face was as bright as the light she thought she was blinded by. This person, for reasons outside of her understanding, warmed the cold, white room. "I can not express how happy I am to see you." Tsubine wanted to actually hug Luxanna after what had just happened to her, but her pain and the fact that she was rather overly-tucked into the bed prevented that.  "How long have I been out? The last I remember is..." That loud krang echoed in her mind. "Talking to the medics..."

(December 22)

Last edited by Tsubine on Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

I Could Make You Care [Closed] Empty Re: I Could Make You Care [Closed]

Post by Serenity Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:34 am

I Could Make You Care [Closed] Header1_zps3c1bc4ac

The past few days had not been fun for anyone in the palace of Laplace. Everything was on lock-down and you couldn't take a bath without being checked out. It had been three days since the Emperor had returned from an assassination attempt gone haywire. Luxanna was not cleared on all of the details, but apparently Tsubine had been caught in the crossfire of a bullet that was meant for someone else. The entire palace was worried about her, but three women in particular were freaking out. One of them was Eira, the Emperor's sister. The second Lunaria, the Emperor's head maid and bodyguard. And the third? Well that was Luxanna. Everything had happened so fast. She was just taking a walk and was suddenly being attacked by an extremely skilled 'ninja'. If Artem Kovalyov, the now former Commandant of the Imperial Royal Guard, had not been there to save her, Luxanna was sure the surprise attack would have claimed her life. It was on the same day, during the same time frame that the Emperor was caught in the crossfire of another attempt. What's worse is that witnesses say they caught a few people dressed similarly to the person who attacked Luxanna following Eira around, as if they were waiting for something, but never seemed to act on it.

Now, three days later, and after multiple surgeries, the Emperor was said to finally be okay. She should be coming out of the anesthesia any time now. It took a lot of convincing, but Lunaria was finally able to get Eira to leave Tsubine's side and take care of herself. When Lunaria and Eira passed Luxanna in the hallway, they both asked her to go watch over Tsubine until they could return. They didn't want Tsubine waking up alone and Eira was in desperate need of a bath and something to eat. And of course, Lunaria had her duties around the palace to take care of, so she was unable to sit by Tsubine's side even if she wanted to. Luxanna accepted the request and made her way to Tsubine's room. Since the guard had been so damn strict lately, any time she was seen, they would assume she was going to go invisible and watch her closely. She never did anything, but that was a little prank she was pulling on them since they wouldn't leave her alone about wandering the halls without being a high ranking member withing Zakat. It became frustrating and she was sick of Lunaria or Eira having to be by her side, so she started walking around invisible. She'd be lying if she said that she didn't throw a few tricks here and there to drive the guards nuts, but that's another story.

As she made it to Tsubine's room, she stepped in assuming that Tsubine would still be asleep. She had her head slightly lowered and turned to close the door silently. When she heard Tsubine's voice speak out to her, her head instantly raised and she looked back to the Emperor. At that moment, one could easily see Luxanna's body just loosen and relax, as if she had been so worried over the past few days that being tense had become natural. All of that was now gone and Luxanna was able to finally calm herself down. "So you're finally awake." she spoke in a calm tone, trying to hide her relief and excitement the best she could. "And I cannot express how glad I am to see that you're alright." Luxanna replied as she made her way around the bed and stood on the opposite side, looking down at Tsubine with a gentle smile. "You've been out for three days now; The entire city is locked down, understandably, but your guards need to lighten up just a bit. I've helped with that... Or I've caused them more stress, I don't know which." Luxanna said, shrugging a bit, obviously trying to joke. She was doing this, but it was obvious that there was something else on her mind and she wasn't able to hold it in. Luxanna pulled up another chair and sat down next to the bed.

"I regret to say that a few things have happened in your absence..." Luxanna spoke softly, her tone worried, "When I tell you this, I need you to keep as calm as possible. It is being dealt with and you will need rest, but I do not feel right keeping it from you." She reached out and as if upon instinct, set a hand over Tsubine's and sighed. "It seems that someone, we do not yet know who, but I have the Noir looking into it... But around the same time frame of your event, there was a series of attempted assassinations in all countries..." she explained seriously, "Queen Aranhartte of Arcadia and Regent General Stoneheart of Brauk were two the victims. They are fine, but the nations are all pointing fingers at each other. And..." Luxanna lowered her head once more, "Artem..."
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Post by Tsubine Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:40 pm

"You've been out for three days now; The entire city is locked down, understandably, but your guards need to lighten up just a bit. I've helped with that... Or I've caused them more stress, I don't know which." Tsubine didn't immediately catch the fact that she was joking, but she smiled a bit more when she realized it. "It could be both, knowing how they react to things." And that's when Tsubine noticed something else. Luxanna looked somewhat different. She looked more... well, Tsubine was unable to piece together what it was Luxanna looked more of, but she liked whatever it was.

The Emperor was about to compliment her friend when Luxanna turned serious. "I regret to say that a few things have happened in your absence... When I tell you this, I need you to keep as calm as possible. It is being dealt with and you will need rest, but I do not feel right keeping it from you." Tsubine's face, while still bright from being able to see Luxanna, quickly reformed into a more serious—and worried—form. "It seems that someone, we do not yet know who, but I have the Noir looking into it... But around the same time frame of your event, there was a series of attempted assassinations in all countries... Queen Aranhartte of Arcadia and Regent General Stoneheart of Brauk were two the victims. They are fine, but the nations are all pointing fingers at each other. And..."

"Artem..." Tsubine knew this tone. Even if it was not a tone she had heard from Luxanna's sweet voice, it was a universal alarm of turmoil. ". . ." Tsubine's bright look quickly disappeared and her gaze left Luxanna. "I... see. I..." She began to grip the sheets, her head staring down at her toes. "I..." Her face wrinkled and trembled as the surge of emotions could no longer be contained within. "I... can not do anything!"

And once the dam broke, the flood would not stop. The sheets beneath her head dampened with tears. "I was powerless to stop any of this..." She trembled, not knowing what to do. She was unsure of her path, unsure of her style of leadership, and most importantly... unsure of herself. "...and because... of it... Artem is...." Artem had protected her many times, but she didn't want to see him die in the line of duty. She wanted to learn he had died in his sleep long after he retired with many grandchildren. But now... now he was no longer there. And now... she was without a friend and someone who would listen to her play violin. "How... how did he...?"

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:13 am

It was surprising that Tsubine was able to hold everything back up until now. Luxanna was not one to breaking news easily. She was completely honest and only held back enough detail to not make someone have nightmares every night. Seeing Tsubine's face wrinkle, Luxanna felt her heart sink, knowing exactly what was coming. Luxanna immediately wrapped her hand around Tsubine's hand and held it tightly. As the Emperor broke down in front of her, Luxanna felt tears forming in her own eyes and wanted nothing more than to console her. The only reason she didn't was because this was the Emperor of Zakat. She had no right. "I was powerless to stop any of this... and because... of it... Artem is...." Luxanna stood up and leaned over Tsubine's bed, taking a chance and pulling the Emperor into a hug. "I'm sorry." she said, holding on tightly, "I'm s-so sorry." Luxanna felt herself choking on her own words as she tried to hold back her own tears.

"How... how did he...?" Tsubine asked and Luxanna took a deep breath, pulling back from the embrace, if it had been allowed to happen in the first place. Luxanna didn't know how to answer that question. In fact, when it was asked, a look of guilt appeared on her face and she glanced away from Tsubine. "He... Uh..." Luxanna backed away fully and returned to the chair, "I was their target, not him. He saw it coming and I didn't, so he took the hit. He died to protect me."
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:29 am

Tsubine didn't know how to respond to the hug. She was so caught up in her own world that it was a few seconds before she even realized that she was being hugged. "Mnn..." Tsubine could feel Luxanna's heart racing as fast as her own. But what was more mind-catching to her was the pressing force against her. It was strange to feel... these things, but it was not a bad strange. Rather... it was more like a feeling of want—that it was fulfilling an expected result.

Tsubine enjoyed the hug, and had she been able to move... she would have returned it. Instead, as her tears subsided, her blonde head rested against Luxanna's, as it was the closest thing Tsubine could do in this position to returning such a wonderful feeling. "He... Uh..." Luxanna finally pulled away from the hug, which was a slight disappointment to the Emperor. But Luxanna was no longer looking at the Emperor either. "I was their target, not him. He saw it coming and I didn't, so he took the hit. He died to protect me." Now her face's brightness left even more of a void.

While it was her order, the fact was that she wasn't able to do anything. "I... could not even protect you..." Her tears, stopped momentarily by the hug, returned. "Why... why am I so powerless?!" Her voice cracked as her eyes bled salty water. "I.... I.... I........" She could no longer contain herself. "I need more... more power..." She struggled not to yell—not to alert the guards or doctors. "If I can not protect even the people I care about..." If anyone heard what she was about to say... "What good am I as an Emperor?" No one knows what would happen now.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:24 am

"I... could not even protect you..." "You didn't need to." "Why... why am I so powerless?!" "You're not." "I.... I.... I........" Luxanna's stomach curled. She was getting more and more worried as Tsubine kept on. "I need more... more power..." "No, you don't." "If I can not protect even the people I care about..." "That's not your job." "What good am I as an Emperor?" Luxanna's final nerve was hit. Without really even thinking, she finally repaid that hit she had recieved when she and Tsubine had first met, but without the gauntlet. As if on instinct, Luxanna swung her arm around and smacked Tsubine across the face without any hesitation behind the strike.

"Enough. I will not hear any more of this!" Luxanna told Tsubine, doing her best not to raise her voice too much, "You are one human, one person, one woman. You cannot do everything on your own. Because of you, the man you took that shot for is alive!" Luxanna pointed to the arm where the wound was. "Because of you, Eira is no longer out there under the infulence of some... corrupted spell... harming people against her will. Because of you, my friend Nadia, that cute little white haired girl is happy. Because of your orders, I still live! Stop thinking you need to be this grand super hero for those that are around you. You're here for us just like we are here for you, so stop acting like you're doing this alone..." Luxanna took a deep breath and finally calmed down.

"Now... The world is about to get a little smaller with what has been going on and Zakat does not need the one person they look to feeling weak, especially when she is anything but that." Luxanna explained, her tone returning to a much more respectful one, "Are you able to handle it, or am I going to have to bring Lunaria and Eira in here to knock some sense into you?"
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:13 am

For once... the Emperor was stuck on what to say. She had no idea what to even think besides "ow." She looked to her assailant as she began a tirade of what she was doing wrong. Or rather... what she did right. She didn't even rub her cheek as Luxanna ranted on. She had forgotten that even though she was shot... and even though Artem was gone, some good came out of it. Two peoples' lives were saved.

"Now... The world is about to get a little smaller with what has been going on and Zakat does not need the one person they look to feeling weak, especially when she is anything but that. Are you able to handle it, or am I going to have to bring Lunaria and Eira in here to knock some sense into you?" Tsubine finally blinked. "Handle it...?" Her voice didn't sound nearly as cracked, but evidence her crying moments before was evident. "No... well... I can... but..."

Tsubine collected her scattered thoughts slowly, but surely. "It is like you said, I am but one woman... I can not do it alone. In this situation... I need someone. Someone I can trust and rely on. Someone who can help with this more than anyone else." And she now placed her injured arm's hand on Luxanna's. "And I would like that person to be you, Miss Luminere."

"We may not have known each other for very long, but you are a very important person to me. You have thrown yourself into so much danger for my sake, and I can not express how much such selfless actions leave a lasting impression on me. You have proven yourself to be a capable warrior and a kind woman. If there is anyone I wish I could rely on, it would be you. That is why I revoke my previous statement that the Noir can not be allowed to operate with Zakatian borders. I will allow your organization a base within the Empire. There will be... two conditions to your operations in Zakat, however... One: It must be located in Iserlohn. Two: you must the head of it. Do we have a deal, Miss Luminere?" Tsubine was smiling, although not as brightly as she was before.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:36 pm

I Could Make You Care [Closed] Header2_zps44552750

Luxanna was surprised to how blind Tsubine seemed. Did she not understand how many people that would fight and die for her were around? She was surrounded by people more loyal to her than to their own families, so how did she not see this? Luxanna knew that Tsubine could handle this all on her own if she needed to. She just shouldn't have to. There was no way one woman, one person, should ever have to handle such a large burden. Even though Luxanna said differently previously, she truly felt that Tsubine had ever capability to handle anything that would be thrown at her. What came next was probably the biggest surprise, something that Luxanna never would have seen coming...

"And I would like that person to be you, Miss Luminere." Luxanna froze. For comedic reasons, the first thought to enter her mind was, "Lunaria's going to be jealous", but that will remain unstated. Instead, Luxanna looked to Tsubine in shock. "M-Me?" she muttered the words as she let Tsubine continue with her explanation. It was one that pulled on Luxanna's heart-strings quite easily. There was even a young child inside Luxanna that would have jumped for joy and cheered in excitement, but she held that back. Luxanna was never one to get excited about much, so showing it threw her off. Instead, she wrapped her hand around Tsubine's and pushed up a gentle and bright smile.

"I'd be honored." Luxanna said, a single tear of joy shining as it drifted down the side of her cheek.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:31 pm