Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
The Second Invasion [Closed] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
The Second Invasion [Closed] EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
The Second Invasion [Closed] EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
The Second Invasion [Closed] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
The Second Invasion [Closed] EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
The Second Invasion [Closed] EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
The Second Invasion [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
The Second Invasion [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
The Second Invasion [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

2 posters

The Second Invasion [Closed]

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

The Second Invasion [Closed] Empty The Second Invasion [Closed]

Post by Serenity Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:18 pm

The Second Invasion [Closed] Header%201_zpsqaumjl1i

Date: January 21st (Delayed in Aria)

"Ahhhahahahaha!!!" The people of Colburn were a little startled when they heard the screaming laughter, but when they recognized the young woman on top of the black dragon over head, they all laughed and shook their heads at her antics. They had come to accept the strange girl, especially after learning who she was to Arcadia and to the Queen of it. A bit out side of the city, a few yards away from Alain's house, the place Serenity Verdant now called home, is where this eccentric duo decided to make their landing. As the dragon's feet hit the ground, he intentionally stopped with a quick thud, bucking the hysterical green haired woman from his back and into a pile of snow.

From the depths of the snow, more laughter echoed out and the black dragon just stared at the Serenity shaped hole until it was destroyed by movement. Serenity's head popped out of the snow and shook the white fluff off. "Hahaha... That is so fun." Serenity said as she pushed the rest of the snow out of her way and walked over to her scaled friend. She pat the top of the dragon's head, only to sigh with a slight look of disappointment, "Now only if Alain would loosen up and give you a chance..." Serenity sighed and picked up a large sack of gold, well tried to. The moment she removed it from the dragon's back, it's weight carried her down, causing her dragon friend to laugh.

"Oh, come on... Help me out. You know it's to heavy for me." Serenity pouted toward her dragon friend who helped her lift it by sliding it's tail under the sack and walking along with Serenity as she held the top of it together. They made it into the house, where the dragon immediately stopped. He knew he wasn't allowed in that place. Serenity couldn't carry the money otherwise though, so she gave a little 'shh' and slowly moved inside. As the two of them made it in, a snore startled them, causing both of them to jump like cats and look over to the couch. Alain was sleeping. She gave another 'shh' and quickly moved over to her bedroom, where the sack was laid down on the bed.

"Come on. Time to get you out of here now..." she said in a whisper, leading the dragon right back out the front door. Once the dragon was out, he immediately flew off. At this point, Serenity was actually wondering where the little puppy was. She had left him with Alain and usually it'd run out barking for some attention. It was probably sleeping upstairs, oh well. Serenity made her way over to the sleeping Alain and noticed something that she didn't exactly like. Her Diary was laying over his face while he slept, causing Serenity to become a little more than angry. As she pulled the Diary off, she noticed that this wasn't Alain's face. She stared for a second, blinked, and... well...

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Last edited by SerenityVerdant on Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:57 am; edited 2 times in total
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

The Second Invasion [Closed] Empty Re: The Second Invasion [Closed]

Post by Tsubine Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:56 pm

The Second Invasion [Closed] Header11

Some things are best left up to professionals. The fireman should put out the fire, the doctor should do the surgery, and the soldier should fight in the war. But there's one thing that everyone should do, and that's protect someone. Whether it's a parent, sibling, spouse, child, neighbor, friend, or even a coworker, there shouldn't be a single career dedicated to protecting someone. Everyone needs to be able to.

And that's what Alain had been working on. A few hours after Serenity left, Alain had decided to walk out into the forest every day. He brought his sword and the materials needed to sharpen the blade with him. Even as the snow began to pile around, he went out every day. He'd return only to feed the puppy Serenity had left with him (whom he had named "Little Blizzard" as he had not learned if Serenity had named it or not) and things like that. Otherwise, he was in the forest. Alone.

He'd swing at trees, re-adjusting his body to swinging to harm. He had only been in practice for competition swordfighting. But with this growing desire to protect her, he'd have to delve into arts he was not fond of. He was going against his own grain as he swung and swung. But his sword skill wasn't the only thing he worked on. No, he trained himself in other ways too. The main way... was with his Arcana.

Without going into too much detail, he was mainly working on speeding up his Arcana's manifestations to be more effective in a combat situation. He didn't have time for its original speed now. Serenity needed swift protection, not a slow shredder. It had been a week since she had left, and the snow was making it hard to get out deep enough into the forest from his home. So, he left Little Blizzard with the closest neighbor and decided to camp out in the forest inside.

This was the first time in two days he could safely trek back home, and he decided to go and spend the day warming up inside and house-training Little Blizzard. He had left a note for Serenity saying he was out in the forest and would return soon. He had planned on returning early in the morning, but he decided against it. Instead, he went into work and finished clearing up a vacation plan. After that, he bought a pie that he would freeze for when Serenity got home. He made sure that it was fresh and was not made with anything she was allergic to. You'd think that in a world of magic, there'd be someone who could just make allergies go away...

After picking up the white puppy, Alain began to walk towards his home. It was an odd sight. In one arm, a bag. In the other, a white puppy. Alain looked more like a housewife than a professor at this point, but he didn't care. He was going to warm up, and that's what mattered. Well, that's what mattered up until he heard a familiar voice scream. He didn't drop the pie (or the dog, thankfully) and began to run towards his house...

Inside, he saw Serenity staring over the couch and a man sitting up. "You son of a bitch..." Alain's voice was full of animosity. At least that's what Serenity could tell. The man, on the other hand, knew something else about that tone. The man stood up, and Alain looked to him, walking around the couch. After an intense staring contest... Alain wrapped the arm with the bag in it around the guy's neck in a friendly hug. "Why the hell didn't you tell me you were coming?!"

Alain then turned to Serenity, who was most certainly confused. "Don't worry, this guy's a pal. He's been a friend of mine since we were kids. Well, teenagers. Before that, we were bitter enemies." Alain's demeanor was obviously a lot lighter than before. Seeing Logan was relieving a good bit of stress from him. "So, how was your trip?" Alain asked Serenity, then turned to Logan. "And what brings you back here? Get kicked out of Varedia or something?"

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:46 am

"Agh!" the man jumped, startled by the feminine scream that filled the entire house. He felt a book fall back onto his head before he got the chance to even see who had disturbed him from his sleep. Casually removing the book from his face, he looked up to the frightened female face. "Wh-who are you!?" she yelled down at him as he sat up and looked dully up to her. A moment later, Alain stepped into the house and Serenity looked back to him with a horrified look on her face. He looked even angrier than she was and his words startled her. "A-Alain?" she blinked and looked back to the man he was staring at. The two seemed to have an intense staring contest and then things changed.

"I didn't tell you I was coming because you'd end up hidin' shit and gettin' all prepared for my arrival." Logan said with a bit of a smirk as he returned Alain's hug. He then turned to the small thing in the room: not Serenity. "What the hell you doing with that?" Logan raised an eyebrow at the puppy, who just yapped at him, and then looked over to Serenity, "And that..." There was a certain tone in his voice that Serenity couldn't understand, but Alain would be able to. It was a slightly impressed tone that said 'how did you get something that cute'. "Who are you?" Serenity puffed out her cheeks, putting her hands on her hips, and narrowing her eyes at both Logan and Alain.

"My trip... was fine...." Serenity said with her cheeks still puffed up at Logan. She was rather angry at him, but the red-head just ignored it. "I didn't get kicked out of that place.... Some bullshit ended up happening with morons who thought they could take me..." Logan explained as he sat back down on the couch, "I needed a break... Izumo, you remember me telling you about him, right? He has his own chick around him and she gets on my nerves... So, back to this one..." Logan motioned toward Serenity, who was still glaring at him. Serenity glanced between the two of them and suddenly bursted out in anger, throwing her hands in the air as if she were going to hit something.

"I don't care who he is!" Serenity said as she snatched her diary up and hit Logan on top of the head. "Hey!" he rubbed the hit spot and dull-faced down at the green haired woman. "You had no right to go through my things and read my diary!" she yelled at him. "I didn't read i-..." "Liar! It was open on top of your head when I walked in here!" Serenity hit him on top of the head again, but this time a little harder because he was lying. "Okay, maybe I read a little bit." he said, but only got a stronger glare from the puffed up cheeks of Serenity, "Okay, maybe I read it all. I was expecting it to be Alain's, not some love-struck girl he has apparently decided to let stay around the house."

"You're such a JERK!" she screamed at him and stormed off to her room, "Don't be surprised if I poison dinner tonight!!!" Serenity slammed her bedroom door and left the two in the living room with a threat she often said, but never played out. Logan sighed and a shook of the head. "Women... just don't like me." he said as he rubbed his forehead and looked up to Alain, "I honestly thought it was going to be your diary man... I probably should have stopped reading when I realized it wasn't, but she's... kind of adorable." Logan leaned back into the couch and stretched his arms along the back, setting his feet up on the coffee table. "So... What exactly is going on between you two?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Post by Tsubine Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:05 am

Logan was an arrogant ass to most, but he was also Alain's best friend. He'd be Alain's best man even if Alain had to staple (yes, staple) him to the floor at the church. Alain was surprised, but glad to see this guy around. But surprisingly, Alain was more happy to see Serenity safe and sound. Maybe that dragon wasn't all-bad... but it still needed to go.

"She brought it around, and I'm just taking care of it for now. It seems to like me though." Alain really had no idea whether the damn thing liked him... but it hadn't bitten him yet, so that was a good sign... right...? And then the other that. Alain was about to explain when Serenity interrupted with a much-needed "Who are you?"

Alain waved off Serenity's concerns of this guy being a threat, mainly because Alain felt that he could take Logan in a fight. Although, Logan probably thought the reverse. Alain set the puppy down and sat down in his chair. Surprisingly, the puppy seemed to stare at Alain and stay at the leg of the chair. Alain was all-smiles, and he was smiling at both Logan and Serenity.

Alain listened to Logan explain what was going on. He nodded along, listening to his buddy. It had been a year or two since Logan had last been back here, so Alain was glad to see his friend. But again, he was still happier that Serenity was safe. He kept looking over to the now-half-pufferfish Serenity, but he wasn't conscious of it. With a motion, Logan was about to ask about Serenity and his relationship again when...

Whack! Serenity slammed the diary on his head. Alain snickered. He had no idea Serenity kept a diary, but... now he was curious about what she wrote. And apparently, his friend was the only other person who knew what was in there. He'd have to resist the temptation to ask about it... Although, Logan calling her love-struck didn't really help that. He blinked a couple of a times, which was only stopped by Serenity's screaming and then slamming of her door.

Logan rubbed his forehead and complained about women not liking him. Alain sighed and shrugged smugly. "Well if you go through their diaries... Of course no woman will like you." It was a shot towards Logan, who didn't have a cute girl living with him. "I know better to leave a diary or anything like that lying around, no thanks to you." Alain crossed his legs, barely avoiding the puppy as he did so.

Alain verbally ignored the adorable comment, but he did make note of it. Why? Well, because it was true. "We're just friends. I saved her from a bad man and she didn't have a home anymore afterwards... so I brought her back here. She helps keep the place up and all... But I think she needs to get out some more. We're planning on taking a vacation soon. Don't know where to though... You said you got wrapped up in some bad shit... is Varedia safe, or would you say to avoid there for now?"

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:42 am

"You say that like I go through every woman's diary: I don't." Logan glared a bit at Alain, "If it was your diary, we would have had a problem. For one, if I catch you calling it a diary, I'm gonna have to man you up... Men keep journals if they're doing any of that shit." Logan definitely thought he could take Alain, there wasn't any doubt about that; whether this was true or not was a different story. Logan sat back and listened to Alain's explanation as to why the small woman was even here. That was an interesting story. "What in Rydia's name happened to her home? The guy demolish it or somethin'?" he leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees, and holding his hands together.

"And yeah that girl needs to get out more; what the hell you doing keepin' her locked up in this place?" Logan tilted his head to the side, looking at Alain like he had gone crazy, "Women may not like me, but I certainly know how to show one I like off." Logan chuckled a bit and thought about Alain's question on Varedia. "Hm... Nah, it's safe, man. I have a feeling the shit that went down was a bit more personal." Logan scratched his head and then ran his fingers through his hair to brush it back, "It's not something I want to talk about at the moment; I'll tell ya later." Logan glanced toward the hall, back to Alain, back down the hall again, and then leaned in to whisper to Alain.

"So you wanna know?" Logan asked with a smirk on his face, "Come on, you know I got you... You don't keep something around if you don't like it, so I know you like the girl in some way. I can tell you about the shit she was writin'. A lot of that was about you... a lot of it." Logan sat back on the couch again, resting his arms along the back when a door opened from down the hall. Serenity came walking out, but stopped when she saw Logan was looking at her. She narrowed her eyes at him and continued walking toward the front door. She had changed her clothes to something a bit warmer and snow boots, so she was obviously heading out. Alain would know: dragon feeding time.

"So..." Logan spoke up again once the door shut, whispering to Alain and trying to tempt him to ask about everything he had read in Serenity's Diary, "You wanna know?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:59 am

"I don't keep her locked up. She's free to come and go as she pleases." Alain returned the look of "The fuck you sayin'?" to Logan. Alain wasn't some creepy psychopath trying to keep Serenity away from the spotlight. "Hell, she was gone for a good month and was in Zakat apparently. I don't keep her locked up." Alain was really confused now. He didn't keep her locked up, but was that what her diary was saying?

Alain was glad that Varedia was safe, but was now worried about his brother-from-another-mother. "If you've got the police on your ass, don't come around here to hide... I don't hide fugitives, even if it is you." Alain would make sure that Logan was treated fairly and would call in every favor he could, but he wouldn't risk his safety or Serenity's. "But alright, tell me later over a drink. Something tells me we'll both need it while catching up..."

Alain sighed, and then Logan asked the question. Did he want to know? Yes, he did. But he wasn't going to go behind Serenity's back. His respect for her was too great for him to do something so low. "I'm not surprised a lot of it was written about me... She was living in a house all by herself for Rydia-knows-how-long. Something tells me there's stuff in there about my dad too... They didn't seem to hit it off very well..." Alain sighed again as he recalled their encounter... It was not a fond memory.

"Yes, I do. But I don't want to hear it from you. If she has something she wants to tell me, I feel she'll tell me. I respect her. I'm not going to go around her just to sate my curiosity. She's a good lass, and I don't want to hurt her." Alain looked serious—more serious than normal, actually—as he basically told Logan to drop it. He wasn't going to hear the contents of Serenity's diary from him. No, he wanted to hear it from Serenity.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:31 am

"No, no. I don't mean it like that." Logan laughed and shook his head, "I don't mean you're keeping her here against her will and using her as a slave, Alain. There's a reason she sticks around, and only a blinded fool can't see it. Of course... I kind of cheated by... well yeah... reading the diary."

"Oh god, no. What the hell?" Logan dull faced again at his brother-from-another-mother, "I haven't been in trouble with the cops for years, come on now. Have a little faith in me, would ya?" Logan sighed and shook his head. "And yeah, I'll tell you over a drink or somethin'... Kinda hungry too..." At that moment, Logan's stomach growled and he couldn't help but glance toward the kitchen.

"Yeah, there was a bit in there about Mom and a lot more about Magnus." Logan said, rubbing the back of his head, "What the hell happened there? What did he say to you to piss that little ball of fire off?" Logan waited for an answer and then shook his head. Logan went on trying to convince Alain to ask him what was in the diary. It was about a fifty fifty chance of being asked, but apparently today was a no.

"Ha... No." Logan shook his head knowingly, "You're not gettin' shit from her. If you want a hint to help you with her, you're going to have to dig for it yourself. She's a lot like you from what I can tell... Always wanting to do good for the other person, never paying attention to how much you're hurting yourself in the process... There is no way in hell that girl is telling you anything without you asking."

"I mean... It's a nice trait to have, wanting to do good by the other person, but in this situation... You're only going to hurt her and yourself at the same damn time. It's a lost cause, bro. Either get the guts to ask her, get information from me, or tell the girl you don't want her around and to go."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:39 am

Alain couldn't help but to let out a good chuckle. He didn't know what Logan's problems were in Varedia, but bringing the police up made sense... Even if Logan was a "good guy" nowadays. He'd take that into consideration though for his vacation with Serenity. He heard it was quite beautiful over there, and it might be a good first stop.

And then came the topic of Magnus. "He did his same-old-same-old about me, and she didn't take too kindly to it... Can't blame her. Unless you know the guy as long as we have, it sounds like he's an ass. Well... he is an ass... but he'd seem like more of one to an outsider, you know?" Alain didn't like calling his father an ass, but he was. No matter what picture anyone tried to paint him as, Magnus Maldoc-Ryence was an ass. Even Helena would admit to him being a "bit" of one.

When Logan shook his head, the conversation switched to Serenity and her diary. Logan told him that what Alain was doing was wrong. Well, not wrong in a bad way. It was just not the right way to go about this. They were two peas in a pod, and neither had the guts or whatever to push forward and ask the other. Alain could admit that there was something different about what he felt for Serenity, but not to Logan. And... after seeing her wanting to leave just like that, he began to wonder if he'd even be a good match for her...

Alain sighed and leaned back in his chair. "I do want her around though." He stared at the slanted ceiling, as if it were the cloud-covered sky. "She really... makes me want to come home, you know? I like being able to come home and there be someone like her waiting for me. She keeps the house alive and warm, if that makes sense..." Alain felt like he was rambling, so he sat back up. "How about this. The three of us can go out to lunch or something. You're hungry, I'm hungry, and I bet she's hungry too. Plus, I don't want to make Serenity cook."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:59 am

Serenity heard absolutely none of the conversation that was going on inside the house, but she wanted to. After getting the dragon fed, she snuck back over to the house and to the side windows. She kept herself low, practically crawling through the foot of snow that surrounded the place until she got to the first window, the only closer to the front end of the house. She grabbed onto the window frame and pulled herself up, her head slowly raising over the wood and to the transparent square of glass that allowed her to see into the home. She instantly glared at Logan, who was looking at Alain, while Alain seemed to have seen her. She glanced from Alain back to Logan, puffed up her face in frustration and slowly lowered herself again, moving along to the second window.

Serenity made it to the second window by crawling through the snow once more. She repeated the previous process, but this time the one that caught her shiny green hair contrasting the snow behind her head was Logan. She narrowed her eyes in anger, puffing up her face even more, and brought up her hand. She pointed at him with a finger, pointed at both her eyes with her index and middle finger, and then pointed back to him while mouthing the words, "I'm watching you." With that, she slowly lowered herself again. She crawled through the snow again and made her way over to the porch. With a solemn sigh, she leaned her back against the wall and stared out into the snow, her head tilted a bit, as she stood there and silently thought to herself.

Logan and Alain were having a pretty decent conversation, even if there was a moment Alain seemed to stiffen up. As Alain explained everything about Serenity and Magnus, he just nodded along as if he understood. Logan thought Magnus was a bit of an ass as well. There were few people that would think differently. "Yeah, I know." was all Logan could say at that point and then they conversation moved on. Everything Alain was saying caused Logan to stare knowingly at him. Was he this dense? Then Logan's attention was caught by Serenity, who obviously could not hear the conversation, but still was having issue with Logan's existence, which was understandable. Still, Logan found himself blinking and glancing between her and Alain.

Once Serenity vanished, lowering herself to the ground, Logan cleared his throat and looked to Alain. "Sounds fun, but if your girlfriend isn't going to cook, where would we go to get food?" Logan stone-faced at Alain, "I think you and I both know that us in the kitchen is probably the stupidest thing that has ever happened in the history of kitchens." Logan wanted to say more about Alain's obvious feelings toward Serenity, but he didn't want Serenity listening in. "Your green haired assassin is apparently watching me..." Logan told Alain, pointing toward the second window, "She was right there doing that finger thing..." Logan mimicked the way Serenity pointed at him and then chuckled, "Something tells me you like her more than you're admitting."

"Or... at least more than you've realized yourself... Go get her before she freezes her boobs off."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:28 am

Alain smiled a bit more as he saw his pufferfish housemate outside making faces. She was a grown woman and yet... she was still so childish. But in a good way, of course. Alain liked that about her, and he hoped she'd never lose it. And once Serenity disappeared, the topic shifted to Alain's ass of a father. Which was a good thing, as he didn't want to bring up his father in front of Serenity right now. That was a battle he'd fight when it came up.

And finally, food. Yes, even Alain was hungry. The pie he had was sitting in a bag beside his chair, but it wasn't big enough for three people to eat. Well, two people and the living stomach known as Logan. "What, your legs don't work or something?" Alain sent snark out to his brother-from-another-mother. "Of course we'd go out somewhere. We can go to that diner you liked all those years ago. I bet we can still get you a kid's meal too."

"I don't think she could hurt anyone even if she tried... Well, you don't count. You did read her diary, after all." Alain walked outside through the front door, looking around to see if she was there. She wasn't. He walked around outside the house and took a stand beside her. "Sorry about that.. Logan's a good guy, don't worry about him. I'm sure he didn't mean any harm by it..."

"And I didn't let him tell me anything about the contents of your diary." Alain smiled a little and looked over at her. "If there's anything in there I'd like to know... I want to hear it from you, not him. I want you to be able to tell me those things." Alain wasn't going to let Logan tell him anything more about the subject material of the diary. Serenity had to tell Alain, and she was the only person he'd let tell him.

"Hey, we're talking about going into town to get some lunch. You want to come with us? I know you must be tired from your trip, so I didn't want to have to make you cook or anything..." Alain was hoping she'd come with... He wanted to remove a bit of the animosity between her and Logan.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:55 am

Logan just sighed and shook his head as his brother-from-another-mother stepped out after the woman who apparently was going to keep her eye on him. He could only chuckle at Alain's behavior. Logan truly could not tell whether Alain was just seriously dense or in denial. Either way, he sat in silence while the two would have their little conversation. He prefered staying inside away from the freezing cold whether anyways. "Tell her I said I'm sorry!" Logan shouted out at Alain before the door closed, wanting to make sure that little bit got out there before anything continued.

Serenity was standing in silence when Alain suddenly spoke out. She was so deep in thought, she hadn't noticed him step up besides her. She quickly turned her head over to look at him and blinked a couple times. Hearing what he said, she merely sighed. "I put all of my super secret stuff in there..." Serenity said, her head lowered, "I can't believe he read it." Alain confirmed that Logan had not told him anything about what he had read, which caused Serenity to sigh in relief. There were a couple little things in there that she really did not want him to know and would be upset if he did.

"I guess it's nice that he didn't tell you..." Serenity kept staring at the floor, wiggling her toes around inside of her snow-boots. Alain offered for the three of them to go out to eat and Serenity blinked a couple times. She stared at him, her eyes dulling. "Nooo...." Serenity said, as if he should have known her reply toward that, "We have a guest. Friend or not, I cook. Guest or not, I cook. If you're just eating, I cook. I cook!!" Serenity smiled widely and tapped her finger against the tip of Alain's nose. She slid her hand in his and pulled him along through the snow until they got back into the house.

As Serenity stepped in, she stopped instantly as she was about to run into Logan. She looked up at him and immediately puffed up her face. She placed her hands against his chest and pushed him back, and back, and back, and back, and over the back of the couch and onto the cushions. "Stay. There. Down." Serenity pointed at the couch, talking to him like he was in timeout, "Move again, and I'll sick my dragon on you." That was a threat she'd never used before, so who knew if she would actually do it. At that, Logan was unaware that the girl actually did have a dragon she could call in.

Serenity turned away from Logan and turned to Alain. She smiled very widely to show that she was just going to pick on Logan all night and then skipped her way into the kitchen. Logan looked wide eyed at the back of Serenity's head, to Alain, Serenity, Alain, Serenity Alain... As she skipped off, he tilted his head to the side and looked at Alalin in horror. "She has... a dragon?" Logan asked and Serenity hurried back out to them, "Yes, I do. He's bigger than a horse, black, green eyes, uses lightning, is super fast, and loves me lots and lots. If I need him to, he'll zap you into next year! Yes he will!"

Serenity vanished into the kitchen... and Logan just looked to Alain like... "What... the fuck..."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:14 pm

"One day..." Alain spoke up after Serenity explained she was happy he didn't know any of what was written in there, "I'd like for you to tell me some of the stuff written in there. I shared some of my secrets, so I'd like to know some of yours." He was serious, but playful. He wanted to know more about her... She was a good person to be around, and he liked knowing more about her besides the whole celebrity angle.

There was one angle he knew though, and that was her angle on cooking. She apparently loved to cook, and he had learned this firsthand. However, Alain thought that she might want a break this time around. Well, he thought wrong. "O-Oh, okay. I just thought you might want a break..." And then, something magical happened. Well, not really magical. Alain knows what magical feels like. He teaches it for Rydia's sake!

No... Serenity grabbed his hand and pulled him along. It... was odd. This was the first time he had felt her hand with his. He had felt it before when she was healing him, but... this was different. He blinked a couple of times as he was being pulled into the house. Alain didn't pay attention to Serenity pushing Logan back down to the couch. In fact, it wasn't until Logan spoke up about the damn dragon that he snapped out of a trance induced by her soft hands.

"Huh? Oh, yeah... For now, she does." Alain had to correct her. He still didn't want the dragon around. "Tell me, Logan..." Alain leaned in. "Did anything happen in Varedia on December Nineteenth? That's when all sorts of things went down over here... The Queen was nearly assassinated, and I'm sure you heard of the speech Zakat's Emperor made... It's not really my business, but I gotta protect the people I care about, including you, man. So if this is a part of something bigger... I can use Dad's contacts to get word to the Queen... Although, using Serenity herself there might be quicker..."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:42 pm

Serenity puffed up her face and pouted toward Alain this time. He always had to add the "for now". She knew he didn't want the dragon around, but the dragon had not caused any problems at any time. In fact, the dragon was the only reason she was even around right now. The dragon was also the reason she now had a massive amount of gold sitting on her bed in her room. That creature that Alain just does not like is the only reason a lot of things have happened. The dragon and puppy have even kept the poor girl sane up until now; they really were good stress relievers.

"Hmph." Serenity hurried back into the kitchen after pouting at Alain and began cooking while the men talked. Funnily enough, this felt nice. She kept having the image of a wife, her husband, and her brother-in-law hanging around in the house and waiting for dinner. It was like they were a little famil-... No, no. Serenity shook her head and snapped herself out of those thoughts rather quickly. She took in a deep breath and sighed, continuing to cook, at least until she heard more of their conversation. "Wait, wait, wait... Is that... her? Is that the Serenity Verdant?" Logan asked in surprise.

"Yep!" Serenity popped out of the kitchen, ladle in hand and an apron wrapped fittingly around her, "I am Serenity Verdant! I am she. And she is angered! You will suffer the wrath of poisoned food momentarily. Just do not sit in Alain's or my chair. I don't want the bowls mixed up... Last time I mixed the bowls up, I had to extract from my own belly... It wasn't fun and very hard to do." Serenity was obviously joking to Alain, but was putting the act on really thick. She had insisted on cooking right? Maybe there was a stronger reason over the fact that she just enjoyed doing it?

"A-Alain... Am I going to die tonight?" Logan blinked as he watched Serenity disappear into the kitchen again and then looked back to Alain. Once Alain answered, he'd move the conversation on to answer Alain's question. "Uh... December Nineteenth? Yeah. That's when all that bullshit went down at the bar... actually. Oh... And from what I've heard..." Logan blinked a couple times and seemed to have this moment of realization, "Yeah... News has hit that the Emperor of Zakat was injured during an assassination attempt, along with that large General Stoneheart guy... they went at him too."

"What do you think all that shit means?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:16 pm

It wasn't that Alain didn't like the dragon. Dragons were kinda cool. However... Dragons were against every housing code he had ever seen. He liked living here, and he didn't want to be forced out because of the dragon. There might also be a bit of jealousy in there, but he was mainly worried about getting kicked out of his childhood home.

Alain didn't even notice he had name-dropped Serenity, and was completely nonchalant about it while Logan was freaking out. "Oh, yeah. She's that one." Alain had long-since seen her as a normal person rather than a celebrity, so her status as one was just something which stood at the back of his mind. But what didn't stand at the back of his mind was Serenity's act. Just to torture his brother-from-another-mother... Alain decided to play along.

"You're what... six-foot-three or so? Yeah, that seems about right. The coffin she made will still work." Alain spoke with a completely straight face, crossing his legs as he did so. "She didn't get a chance to use it on the last person who made her mad. He ran away before we could catch him. Haven't found him yet."

Keeping the same serious tone, the topic shifted to the assassination attempts. Like he thought, it was tied in. This was not good. "So there were attacks on the civilian population too... We're going to have to tell some people higher up about that. It might lead to some new revelations in the case..." Alain was worried this was just the beginning of something bigger...

"Oh, right." Alain stood up, grabbing the pie out of the bag. Thankfully the dog hadn't gotten to. He half-ran and placed the pie in the freezer. "Hey, I bought a pie... I thought you might like it, but it needs to sit in the freezer a bit more. I forgot about it after seeing Logan and you being back." Alain explained to Serenity before getting a whiff of what was beginning to take shape in the kitchen. "So what are you cooking?" And he then increased his volume just slightly so Logan would be sure to hear him... "And is this what you're putting in Logan's food?"

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:32 am

"That's not funny, Alain." Logan's eyes narrowed, his left one twitching a bit, "Come on... You wouldn't let her kill me, right?" Logan looked as if he was pleading with Alain at this point. Alain's poker face was better than his own, which really said something, so it was hard as hell to figure out whether Alain was serious or not. Beyond that, the innocence of the green haired assassin in the kitchen made it difficult to tell whether she meant it or not. There was a large part of him that figured they were joking, but with Alain and his new girlfriend, who knew? He'd just have to wait and see.

"You really think that the events are connected?" Logan raised an eyebrow at the second bit of conversation, "I mean, the one's on the leaders are obviously connected, but I mean something as small as thugs roughing up a few people in a bar doesn't seem to make sense..." Or did it? Logan hadn't thought of one possibility until just now. Were those people not after "Izumo", but after "Black Cross"? Or at least it's current leader? If someone out there was trying to take out major players, or people of substantial power, then it was possible that those men were hired for that purpose.

Logan fell into his own thoughts as Alain went off to talk to Serenity. "Pie?" Serenity looked back toward him, blinking a couple times, and then smiled widely, "Oh, okay. Sounds good!" She went back to mixing a pile of carrots and cut potatoes into a pan with a soon to be baked roast. "I'm making roast and vegetables, specially cooked with Serenity's Super Seasoning." she said as Alain said something that confused her. She stared at him for a few moments and then realized what he was doing. "Oh! Yep. That's it." Serenity nodded rapidly, "He'll learn not to read my diary after this."

"And..." Serenity lowered her voice a bit, "I don't know what I'd tell you... about... what's in the diary. If there is something you're wanting to know, I'd have no problem answering any questions you ask, but... telling just to tell is a little weird." Serenity waited for any sort of reply as she stuck the roast in the oven. She closed it up and put on a timer. She was about to speak up against when Logan's red hair caught her attention and she looked to him. "Okay, you're not actually poisoning me, are you?" Logan asked, actually worried. Serenity tilted her head and shrugged heavily, just smiling.

"Oh, I'm telling Mom."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:19 am

Alain wasn't sure if they were connected either. It wouldn't make sense for there to be a random attack on a random civilian, but it was probably worth looking into. Frankly, there were probably other attacks too that just haven't been reported. The more attacks the governments found out about, the more dots they could connect.

Alain was glad that Serenity liked the idea of the pie. He had gone through some trouble to get that thing, so if she didn't like it... well, he'd actually feel a little sad. Although, her roast would cheer him up. Roast was an odd thing, but Serenity always made it in a way that made Alain forget it was roast.

And Serenity would be making it in a way that would make Logan learn a lesson too. Well, not really. The two were joking about poisoning Logan, but it was hard to tell that. The duo's energetic and believable banter only made it harder to tell if they were joking or not—much to Logan's chagrin, most likely. Serenity whispered to Alain about her diary. "We can talk about that when we go on vacation, okay? I don't want to talk about that while he's here." Alain smiled re-assuredly, giving himself time to think about what he could ask her about.

Logan stepped around the corner slightly and asked if they were really going to poison him... and then threatened to tell Helena. "Not a good idea." Alain shook his head. "I think she likes Serenity more than you now." It was true, though. She had taken quite a shine to the green pufferfish. "Hell, I think Dad might like her more than you." Alain began to walk back to the living room and placed a hand on Logan's shoulder. "I feel sorry for you..." And shook his head before continuing on.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:42 am

This joke had gone to far. Serenity and Alain thought it was funny, but the moment Alain began talking about how Helena and Magnus liked Serenity better than Logan, who looked at them like actual parents, he stonefaced. It took Alain passing him by and walking into the living room saying that he felt sorry for Logan before Logan even showed an ounce of emotion on his face. He acted like he didn't care; he was always good at keeping up that act, but once Alain was no longer in view and Serenity looked back toward the sink, his face softened and his expression pained. Right as Serenity turned to him, she froze and her own heart sank. It took a second for Logan to notice, but he soon did.

"I'm going for a walk." is all he said as he casually walked out of the house, his hands sliding into his pockets to pull out a cigarrette. Serenity stood in the kitchen until she heard the door shut and then stepped out into the livingroom, looking out a window to see Logan walking off along a snow shoveled path. "Alain..." she looked to him, speaking with a saddened tone, "I think we hit a nerve... Even if it was just for a short moment, I saw the look on his face. If I looked like that, I would be crying..." Serenity felt so, so, so, so bad at this point. She brought her hand up to her chest and clenched the fabric that covered her tightly. Her heart felt heavy; she knew she had just done something mean.

"Go... Go get him..."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:09 pm

Alain was good at joking. Frankly, he was too good. He would make an excellent spy, as he can keep a straight face when joking (and thus, lying). Well, besides the fact that he hates killing people. All Alain was trying to do was get Logan to say he was sorry to her. Alain could tell that the diary meant a lot to Serenity, so him passing the "I'm sorry" along wouldn't work, not for Alain at least. He wanted to hear those words go directly from Logan's mouth to Serenity's ears.

Well, that was the initial plan. Normally, even Logan would have caught onto the fact he was joking around... Something was different, and now he'd have to go find out what the hell happened in Varedia. "I got it, I got it." Alain wasn't sounding annoyed at getting Logan... but rather at going back into the snow. Grabbing Logan's jacket, since it looked like he forgot it, Alain opened the front door. He mumbled something about 'just getting to warm up' under his breath as he began to follow the shoveled path... which made him wonder who the hell shoveled that path since he hadn't been home in a couple of days. Should have been a neighbor. Hopefully that's all it was.

Eventually catching up to his brother-from-another-mother, Alain called out to him. "Wait up there." Alain's pace increased and he caught up to Logan even if he started to run. "For one, put this damn thing on. You're a guest, and I'd rather you not be sneezing all over the place." Alain tossed the jacket at Logan. "For two, I'm sorry about that. You should know that I was just joking around. Although she does like Serenity a lot.... Mom doesn't really see her as a second kid like she sees you as."

"There's a major difference. I think Serenity just is a breath of fresh air to having to deal with my father all the time..." Alain sighed, remembering just how much of an ass his father was to Serenity. "Besides, there's also the fact that I'm pretty sure she's egging me to date Serenity and vice-versa..."

But before Logan could respond... "PRO—" Alain's ears metaphorically perked up. That couldn't be... "FES—" It was. Dear Rydia, it was. "SAH!" A woman's voice echoed down the path, and Alain only turned to Logan with the most sympathetic look he could give. His eyes were telling him "I'm sorry you had to see this." "You might want to look out..." Alain sighed before being knocked out of Logan's sight by a horizontal plume of snow.

By the time the snow was clear, it was obvious that it wasn't the snow which knocked him over (and about five feet away). No, it was what was inside the snow which did. "Professor, you stopped by the academy but didn't see me?! Too busy to see your adorable little sister?" The younger-looking woman was standing above Alain, who was on his back. Her arms crossed, she was exuding an air of confidence.

"Olivia, I was just there—" "No excuse!" The woman was switching between Arcadian and Common as she spoke. Feeling watched, she turned around to see Logan standing there... most likely as shocked as possible. "Oh, hi!" Olivia waved to the red-haired man, then turned back to Alain. "Is this that new face that's been living with you? She seems... more manly than you said." Alain sighed and stood up. "That's because Logan is a man, and he's not the one I've told you about... Logan, this is my future coworker—" "And little sister!" Alain lightly bapped Olivia on the head, causing her to turn to Alain with a pouting glare. "Olivia... Who is not my blood sister, but dad's been taking care of her for a few years."

Last edited by Tsubine on Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:31 pm

The Second Invasion [Closed] Serenity5_zpsaxqaotel

"Hm?" Logan glanced back toward Alain as his brother-from-another-mother came up to him, tossing him his jacket. He looked down at the thing and then back to Alain, throwing it over his shoulder. He wasn't one to follow orders, especially when he was irritated. "Joking around? It's fine. Ha." Logan said with the cigarette between his lips, "Not like I care or anything." Logan took the cigarette from his mouth and exhaled. As Alain continued on, Logan's face dulled and his head slowly turned toward him. Logan was looking Alain like he was a dense idiot. "Nooo... Realllllyyy? I wouldn't have guessed!" Logan spoke sarcastically and then rolled his eyes, "I swear, you're so clueless about some things. The girl is cute; even I can tell that sh-..."

And a voice echoed through the air, loud enough to cause an avalanche. Logan's eyes widened momentarily as Alain apologized about something and then suddenly vanished from his sights. Logan blinked a couple times and looked down to see Alain on the floor and some girl standing over him. What the hell was this girl's problem? She didn't seem to know how to speak like a normal person. And the things she was saying... It was hard to tell whether she actually wanted to be called Alain's "little sister" or his woman. "Little... sister?" Logan repeated the statement in his own mind, watching the spectacle with the most confused expression. And then this ball of... energy, (yeah, we'll go with that), decided it was about time she noticed him.

"More.... manly?" Logan's head tilted to the side. Alain introduced the girl and Logan just nodded as his greeting, "Apparently he talks about Serenity at work... And people always call me clueless..." There was a strange chill in the air. It wouldn't have been surprising if Alain and the newbee had felt it too. Logan turned back toward the house to see Serenity standing in the doorway. The look on her face was odd. If Alain saw it at least, he'd know it wasn't one she really ever held: Annoyance.

"This... isn't going to be good."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:13 pm

The Second Invasion [Closed] AlainOlivia

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Olivia was caught between looking at Alain and at Logan. She was a little fascinated by him. Something about his red hair made her want to touch it... She decided that he would be called "Lion" if they ever came to the point of having nicknames. "And Olivia, this is Logan. He's sort-of like you. Like a brother, but no blood shared between us." And with that, the two shared a bromance moment with a fistbump.

And that's when they noticed... Olivia wasn't there. She had taken off towards the house, and Alain could see.... Serenity... standing there... He could feel the intense look on her face from here, and he actually gulped. He knew he had some explaining to do... He had hoped to introduce these two normally to Serenity, but APPARENTLY NOT! Alain started heading back to the house, mouthing "sorry" to Logan. He had a situation to diffuse...

By the time Olivia made it to the house, even she could feel a presence of "You're not wanted" from Serenity. She got within a few feet of her... and stopped. Any further and she would probably be in danger. "Oh, you must be the new face Professor was talking about." Olivia spoke still energetically, but nowhere near like she was when she first saw Alain. "Much better looking than that one out there," she pointed to Logan using her thumb.

Bearing the intense snarl of disgust, she looked Serenity up and down one more time before nodding three times. "I approve." Olivia smiled, hoping it would help this new woman feel a little less hostile..."Professor will practically brag about you. Not in class, but he does!"

Alain finally made it to the house just in time to not hear Olivia say that. "Serenity, this isahhh—" Alain was grabbed by Olivia and pulled away. "Follow me." The two went to the side, still visible, but not audible... until. "What?! Bu—" Alain looked surprised by what Olivia had just said, but Olivia brought a finger to her mouth to shut him up. "Shhhh!"

It took about forty-five seconds for their little private conversation to end and for them to get back to the front of the house. If Serenity had gone inside, the two would enter the house. "As I tried to say... this is Olivia. Dad is her godfather, and her actual dad has been missing for years now... So she's sort-of my little sister. Sorry I didn't mention her earlier... I wanted to properly introduce you two when we all had free time." Alain could tell there was a bit of hostility... or something coming from Serenity. If it continued, he'd pull her to the side...

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:43 pm

Annoyance, disgust, and irritation. It was everything that was supposed to tell this woman she wasn't wanted here. Why was she even coming toward Serenity? Why was she even talking to her? Serenity didn't know this woman. This woman who had apparently been close enough to Alain to be allowed to throw herself at him without a second thought. This woman talked to her, but for what? Serenity just ignored. She stared at the annoyingly energetic woman as if this woman had harmed her in some way. Obviously that was not the case. The fact was, Serenity had one emotion she was not able to control: jealousy. The fact that this woman was apparently close to Alain, yet had never even been mentioned once since she had been living with him... Well, it pissed her off...

Serenity didn't hear a word the woman said. When Alain's voice hit her ear, Serenity barely recognized it enough to slightly turn her attention in his direction. And when she did, he probably didn't have time to see the intense glare Serenity had for him before he was dragged away by this woman. Any time Serenity wanted to get close to Alain, she felt like she wasn't allowed to, like she constantly had to ask permission, or he had to be hurt. If it wasn't that, she had to be upset about something for him to even come to her, but this woman... This woman was able to get close any time she wanted, and that pissed Serenity off even more. In fact, as she tilted her head to the side and watched them talk, a bit of smoke raised into the air from her skin. She ignored it completely...

Alain introduced the woman, Logan walking up beside Serenity, both of them now standing in the doorway. "Uh... Excuse me." Logan slipped passed Serenity and back into the house. A moment later, the door was slowly shut by the green haired woman, leaving the other two outside. As it clicked shut, Serenity turned back into the house and just stood there in silence for a second. "I'm going to my room." Serenity said and began walking toward the hallway, "Dinner will be ready in thirty minutes. If you don't mind, take it out when the timer goes off. I've suddenly lost my appetite. Unwanted company has soured my tastes; I'd rather not be disturbed until that creature had left this house." And she walked to her room. As if it wasn't completely obvious... Serenity. Was. Pissed.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:06 pm

The Second Invasion [Closed] AlainOlivia

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

If this were a drama, Alain would have slapped her right then and there. Her being Serenity, of course. But thankfully, this was no drama... and that was not in Alain's character. However, Alain was not going to stand idly by right now. Olivia looked a little confused, and Alain opened the door only to hear "unwanted company." He shut the door again... and looked to Olivia. Through the door or windows, the ones inside couldn't hear anything. They saw Olivia look a little sad and then walk off, her head slumped.

Alain opened the door again and walked inside this time. "I take it she's in her room?" He looked at Logan and then to the room at the end of the hall. Whether or not Logan re-affirmed that, Alain dug into his coat pocket and handed Logan a small sum of gold, just enough for a decent lunch. "Go get some lunch or something... I need the house to myself for a little while." Alain couldn't look Logan in the eye at that point, as he was practically begging Logan to step away for a bit.

Once his friend did leave, Alain walked to the end of the hall... and sat down. "They're gone." That's all he said for a minute or two. He stopped counting the time before he spoke up again. "Listen... I... am an idiot. It's hard to just out and say it... but those two were right. You know, I do like you. I like you a lot. I talk about you constantly, and I love seeing you when I get home... but... I'm afraid, Serenity."

Alain's back now leaned hard against the door, but his gaze was to his feet. "You're a great friend, but... I'm afraid I can't keep you happy. Especially after the other night... I'm scared of losing you as a friend because of that... I mean, I know I do little things that can cheer you up or other things that make you mad. That's not really what I mean though... How should I put it... let's take your diary for example... I'm sure you get happy just being able to write in it. That's the sort of happy I want to make you feel... I don't want to make you just feel bursts of joy, but, a longer, continuous 'happy...'" Alain sat in silence for a few more seconds... "Sorry, I must not be making much sense..."
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:32 pm

Tap... tap... tap... tap... tap...

The moment Serenity entered her room, she sat down near the far wall and began hitting her head on it over and over again, thinking to herself. She was screaming at herself in her own mind. What the hell was her problem?! Why did she suddenly get so mad?! She didn't know anything about the girl, but the fact that she could get so close to Alain bothered Serenity enough to enrage her. It was jealousy, a deep seeded one. There was no other explanation for her unacceptable behavior. She knew she was wrong, but at the same time she couldn't say that she gave half a damn. And then she heard his voice come through the door. She looked over to it and stopped hitting her head against the wall for that bit. Instead, she stared at the door for a couple of minutes, wondering whether he was coming in. He wasn't. Apparently Alain decided to stay on the other side of the door this time. Serenity wasn't sure what to think about everything he was saying to her. She let him continue on, keeping herself silent, but when he stopped, she narrowed her eyes at her side of the door. She held her tongue for a few moments and then crawled over, placing both of her hands against the door to talk to him.

"You're afraid? You're afraid... of not being able to keep me happy? What the hell are you talking about, Alain? Tell me... When have you ever tried making me happy in that manner that you speak of?!" Serenity punched her fist against the door as hard as she could, which really wasn't much, "You haven't even tried. You've kept yourself at a distance, leaving me to chase you only to have you constantly walk farther away. You haven't done anything that would show me you're trying to make me happy. You've opened up your home to me, yes, but I've repaid you by keeping it clean. You keep me fed, but I repay you by making sure you come home to a home cooked meal every single day. I have tried to show you that inch... I've tried to push in further, but I don't know how to do that anymore. I could have left at any time. I have more money than you'll probably ever see in your lifetime; I could go where I want, with who I want, when I want, but I didn't. I chose to stay here with you, only to be pushed aside like nothing more than 'that girl you let live in your house'. How many more hints do I have to give?! What do I have to say to get you to finally step to me the way a man is supposed to!? How long am I going to live in this house, hoping for something more, before you either man up and tell me what you want or kick me to the curb? I can't fucking wait forever, Alain!!! ... AHH!" A short, but pained scream echoed from behind the door.

Serenity had been ignoring the pain her own power was causing. Her anger and jealousy were burning through her skin rather quickly at this point. The moment she actually said the word 'fuck', a rapid wave of her own energy shot over the skin from the back of her neck down her back, burning away the first layer of flesh. Serenity took a deep breath and stood up, pulling down her shirt to look in a mirror. She needed to see the amount of damage that had just taken place. It looked like a lot of burn, but it wasn't too bad for her. Once she calmed down and things didn't feel so angering for her, her own powers would heal the damage that they had caused. It's how it always was.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:47 pm

The Second Invasion [Closed] Header23

"You're right..." That's all Alain could muster at that point. That's all his body would allow. His head slumped farther than before, and his glasses fell to the floor... He couldn't move to even pick them up. He just stared at them. No, he wasn't really staring at anything. His eyes were almost glazed over, empty and lifeless right now. It was as if his soul was now leaving his body... "I haven't done anything... have I...?"

"I'm kinda terrible at this, aren't I...?" Even as Alain tried to joke, his tone couldn't express any real emotion right now. He wanted to cry, but couldn't. He wanted to scream back at her, but he couldn't. His voice was soft, hoarse, and hard to hear... But she would still be able to. "I do want you... but..."

Alain tried to stand up, failing on his first try. He fell back into the door. "Would this turning to an 'us' really... make you happy?" And on his second try, he stood up. His posture no longer had confidence... It lacked vitality, like a man on his way to the gallows. "Think about that... and when you give me your answer to that... I can let you know what I want..." Alain began to walk down the hallway, if you could call that walking...

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:10 pm

The silence that fell between them was painful. It seemed she didn't get her point fully across. She stood there in the mirror, staring at her back as he spoke. Her expression was softened and finally she took on the look of the Serenity he knew. It may not have been her smile, but it was definitely not the anger she had. She sighed and pulled her shirt back up, laying it over her shoulders as she walked to the door. She opened it up and stepped out, seeing him walking away. She didn't know why, but she felt herself sort of... maturing, like something within her changed by admitting everything she had just said. With a sigh, Serenity stepped up to him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Becoming an 'us'... That's what you called it, right?" Serenity said softly, walking around to stand in front of him, "I call it a chance. A chance to maybe become something more than a house-mate, a chance to be able to open up to you and to have you open up to me... That's what I want, Alain, a chance. What are all those silly sayings? 'Nothing ventured, nothing gained.' 'It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.' If you don't want to give me a chance, to see if we could even work out, fine. Then don't. It's more offensive and hurtful to keep me at a hopeful distance than to just tell me no. At least then, I would know. It wouldn't be me constantly wondering..."

"So yes, Alain..." she took a deep breath and sighed it out as if she really just needed to relax, "Becoming an 'us', if that's what you call giving me a chance, then yes, it would make me happy. Though, there's something I don't understand... If you want me, like you say, why do you fear not being able to keep me happy? If you feel the way you say you do, why do you refuse to open up to me? And I don't mean your home and letting me meet your family, but your heart..."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:53 am