Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
Drinks and Marriage Don't Mix [Closed] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
Drinks and Marriage Don't Mix [Closed] EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
Drinks and Marriage Don't Mix [Closed] EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
Drinks and Marriage Don't Mix [Closed] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
Drinks and Marriage Don't Mix [Closed] EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
Drinks and Marriage Don't Mix [Closed] EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
Drinks and Marriage Don't Mix [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
Drinks and Marriage Don't Mix [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
Drinks and Marriage Don't Mix [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

2 posters

Drinks and Marriage Don't Mix [Closed]

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Drinks and Marriage Don't Mix [Closed] Empty Drinks and Marriage Don't Mix [Closed]

Post by Tsubine Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:25 pm

In between the Quitilca and Pikilla jungles, there is nothing but flat, open land. It is a perfect place for ceremonies and long, safe travels. Well, as safe as you can get in Cieria. Thankfully, few large predators called this land home. Thankfully, it was now night time and those predators were not around. The Laozhu tribe had their thirty sturdy tents set up in a circle around a large iron dish. It was large enough to fit a whole horse sideways. It had slots for axles and wheels beneath it, but they were empty. This was the Laozhu's land right now.

About five of the tents were obviously larger than the rest, and they each had a specific purpose. One was the tribe leader's tent. One was the medical tent. There were two storage tents, and then they had the ceremonial tent. The last of those was brimming with people outside of it. There was no music, but there was dancing. Instruments weren't played, but the tribe's master-of-ceremonies chanted something rhythmically. It was almost like poetry rather than music, but the dancers danced to it as if it were.

Behind the tent, a lone figure stood by a tray of golden cups. Each one had a ceremonial alcohol in it. The woman removed her shirt, and drew a knife. She cut herself above the heart enough to get three drops of blood. She dripped it into a cup she chose. Each cup had a different marking, so she would be sure which cup was the one with her blood. The alcohol within would react sharply to the blood, creating a bitter taste. It would not look any different, but the taste would be horrible. She said a prayer and returned to the inside of the tent. She did not put on her shirt, as to prove that she had indeed placed her blood into the cup.

Not long before the ceremony was to truly start, the sound of coughing was heard behind the tent, where the alcohol was. The entire tribe quieted, and the young woman and a man of about sixty with faded blue hair opened the tent's back. A man stood there, the cup she chose in his hand. Her eyes widened, and she tilted her head in confusion. This man probably didn't understand her language. She would have to talk to him in Arcadian, the only other language she knew. And so she spoke to him a single word without hesitation, "Husband?"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Drinks and Marriage Don't Mix [Closed] Empty Re: Drinks and Marriage Don't Mix [Closed]

Post by Serenity Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:26 pm

Drinks and Marriage Don't Mix [Closed] Header_zpsy74nadiu

Low on money. Low on food. Low on water. This day was shit and probably going to get shittier. Why the hell was he in this area anyway? Oh, right. He was lost. His map got fucked over in the last storm and he had no way to find how to get back to Arcadia. He knew he shouldn't have came to Cieria. What a pain. This place was so different than Arcadia. It felt half-dead most of the time, the deserts were brutal and the creatures who inhabited this place were just as bad. The people were different too, but there weren't many as different as what he just came across. A party? He looked around with narrowed eyes as he snuck through the shadows of the tents. It was night and it was easy for him to not be seen.

"The hell...?" he thought when he eyed some of the outfits he saw here. They seemed uncomfortable, or too comfortable. He began sneaking through the largest tents. Everyone else seemed to be at that weird ceremony going on outside. He took a few pain killers and bandages from the medical tent, though he didn't recognize a lot of what was here. He tossed some jewels, water, and food from the other tents into his pack, but then came to the final tent. This one was weird. There were a few cups of alcohol just sitting about. He could hear the people just outside, much closer than he really liked them to be, so he decided it was time to hurry his ass up before he got caught by these people.

He picked up any small thing that might not be valuable and tossed it into his pack. He then walked over to the table and raised an eyebrow at the cups that sat there. He picked on up and shrugged, deciding to take a drink just to be like 'yeah, someone was here', but that taste completely took him off guard. He swallowed, but ended up coughing louder than intended. He went to put the cup down, but before he did, he looked over to see a man and a woman standing there. Anton raised an eyebrow. He could get away if he wanted, but the woman walked over to him without any hostility showing, so he kinda just waited to see what was happening. "Husband?" he scoffed and took another drink of that bitter alcohol, shrugging off what she said and began walking out the back of the tent.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Drinks and Marriage Don't Mix [Closed] Empty Re: Drinks and Marriage Don't Mix [Closed]

Post by Tsubine Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:34 pm

Meifeng looked the man up and down. He was well-built. Farmer perhaps. He had the muscles of working hard at something, though he was a barbarian. His hair was far too dull for Meifeng's taste. But the fact was he drank from her cup. She stared as he walked off. He didn't seem to get it. Oh dear. Mei furrowed her brow, thought of what she should say, and tried to speak again. "Yes. Husband." She nodded, thinking it was the right thing to say. "You drank Jiaoyu. Ah... drink that was cup." She picked up the cup he had drank out of, then pointed inside. "It... important to tribe." She gestured around to the people that were beginning to gather. "It... important to me. One who drink that marry one who bled into cup." She pointed to the cut on her chest. "I... bled into cup. Tra... tra-di-tion," she sounded the word out mostly to herself, "say you marry me."
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:49 pm

No hostility again. Anton turned back to her and looked back and forth from her to the cup. "Bled." he repeated that word. He looked to the cup and then to the cut on her chest. Did she put her blood into that cup? Yes, she did. She just said so. His face changed to the smallest bit of shock and some disgust. Did he just drink her blood? He closed his eyes and shook his head. Ignore it. He had to ignore it. That was gross. That was out there in some weird ass... The chanting going on outside. "Tradition." he completed the word for her. Did he just fuck something up? He did, didn't he? AND he was caught. They caught him and he stayed and listened and this... and holy shit. Marry!? "What happens if I don't?" he asked, his stone cold voice filled with annoyance. This can't be happening to him...

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:19 pm

Meifeng's eyes glittered with relief as he seemed to understand. She was also glad he finished the word for her. It was one of those particularly long words that she never was able to get a grasp on. "It has been long time since that happened. Many many season ago. Back when I was..." Meifeng pushed her hand down to show "small" or "tiny." "Back before I was woman." Adult was the word she was looking for. "But I read book about tra-di-tion in tribe. It say that if one drink Jiaoyu, but say no to marriage, then one who bled not worthy of marriage."

Meifeng looked down. "It say that I will be... cut away." She tried to think of a way to explain it. She held up one hand, and pointed to each of her fingers, starting with her thumb, in order. "Leader. Father. Mother. Sister. I." Then, Meifeng dropped all but one finger—her pinky. She made a motion like she ripped off the pinky, then threw it away.  "Cut away. No name. No tribe. Not be welcome with other Yanyu. They chase me off like wild dog or angry pig. You chose my cup," she gestured to the marked cup. "It mean we... destined to be married."
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:59 pm

Destined for shit. Anton rolled his eyes and shook his head. You've got to be kidding. Did he really just step in on her marriage ceremony? And now he was expected to take that spot? All because of a damn drink!? And if he didn't, this girl would be cast from everything she knew. He was a dick, but he wasn't so much of a bad guy that he'd allow that to happen. One problem though, he wasn't going to fucking have a wife. Him, a husband? That shit was laughable. Just because you 'married' here, didn't mean you were legally married in other places, right? No documentation, no court, none of the things that told people you were a couple. Anton wasn't about tradition in this sense. He was about facts, proof, and tangibility. If there was nothing he signed saying that yes, she's my wife, then she ain't his fucking wife, but he could act for a while if it meant she wouldn't lose everything. "Okay."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:19 am

Meifeng stared in stunned silence, then smiled and nodded. She said a few words in a language Anton would never have heard before to the tribe leader. The leader nodded, then turned to the clan. He held up both hands, and the tribe went crazy. It was a roar of approval and they rushed Anton and Meifeng, placing both in chairs and lifting them above the crowd's many heads. "Do not worry. This is tradition too. They are letting us see tribe one last time." Meifeng nodded.

"I leave tribe when you leave. Normally, I go to husband's tribe. But you are barbarian and have no tribe." She looked to him, seeing something disapproving in his face. "Do not worry. I will not be problem. I cook. Clean house. Sweep... ground. Mainly cook. Work at kettle each day. Make food for whole tribe." She gestured to the huge metal frying pan. "That is kettle. Can cook small food too. I cook good. Housework not all I good at. Am good wife too. If you want pleasure, I give that too. But tonight is night for ceremony. Drink and food. Please, enjoy."
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:36 am

Being rushed by a group of people made him immediately regret his decision. He was ready to fight his way out, but was instead sat down on a chair. He expected to be tied, but was lifted. It was hard to keep his balance on that thing, but after a moment he got the hang of it. This woman tried to assure him this was normal, but no it fucking wasn't. What was wrong with these people?! With much disdain, he dealt with the attention, but not without a few moments of "I'm going to fuck these people up if they touch me one more time." The fact that he was outnumbered was the only reason he chose not to do something that stupid. There was one moment where he was ready to lash out toward her and it took everything for him to hold himself back. "Do not dare call me that if you value any bit of the life you lead." She'd leave when he would, huh? How about no-. Wait, did she say food?

Anton took advantage of that. He ate as much as he could and tossed some stuff he could preserve into his sack. He collected some water in both of his canteens and was content. He could leave at any moment now. So did this party mean they were married in her tribe? Or did he have to go somewhere else for that crap. It wasn't happening, but he needed to know where her mindset was. He'd mention it later. When that night ended, Anton was ready to go. He got his belongings, glanced to her, and then walked off. He knew she was going to follow. He'd have to deal with that now, but oh well. He had recently gotten rid of another pain in the neck, so it was possible to get rid of this one. Though, with her mindset of the words 'husband' and 'wife' being involved, that endeavor might prove more challenging than he wanted. With an annoyed grunt, he continued on, "She's gonna be a pain..."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:53 am

Meifeng winced at his snapping. But then, she nodded. "I sorry. It is what we call people... like you... not of the Yanyu. People who... live in town and city. They do not move like Yanyu. People who do not want move, we call staysick. They want to stay, and staying not normal to Yanyu. They must be sick." Meifeng nodded apologetically and continued to explain what was going on here. Meifeng was always by Anton's side during the night. Once the tribe died down into slumber, her husband wanted to leave. It was quick, but she understood. Meifeng grabbed her bag and began to follow him.

"Husband." Meifeng called out quietly. She was soft-spoken, just loud enough for Anton to hear clearly. "Your name. I do not know it. Mine... Meifeng Baozhai." She pointed to herself. "I would like to know your name." Meifeng gave only a small smile. "Where... are we going? Do you have home?" Mei looked a little anxious as she asked her next question. "Is it in Arcadia?"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:05 am

They were only going to be traveling for a short time. He planned on sleeping tonight, but was not going to be sleeping there with so many people surrounding him. She said it. "Husband." Yep, great. He stopped walking and turned to her. "What?" he asked, shocked as hell that he answered so easily to that. It was wrong. "Anton. Do not call me husband." he demanded. That would ruin his reputation. He should have never agreed to this. Now he really was stuck with her. That party meant they were married and she thought other people were barbarians?! What a strange person. "I have no direction. I keep traveling until I feel like stopping. Why do you want to go to Arcadia?" Anton was interested in the way she asked about that. There was something more in her tone. She almost sounded like it was place she had heard about in some book and was excited to visit.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:17 am

Meifeng nodded. "Yes, Anton. I will not call you husband." Meifeng wasn't going to let this man slip away as easily as he wanted to. Meifeng blinked at him, then gave him a warm smile. She then bowed deeply. "I... am truly... sorry for calling you barbarian. You have spirit of Yanyu in you. You travel, and I respect that. I like it. It is... good thing to do." She nodded approvingly. "Oh... Arcadia... I... have one brother he is... taller than me. He live in Arcadia. I hear he is dead. I want to check... what I hear. To see if it is lie or not."

Anton eventually found somewhere to make camp, and Meifeng opened up her pack. She brought out a smaller version of the cooking pan from the tribe and quickly made a fire. Before long, there was a stew brewing. "Anton. Do you like... hot food?" She stuck out her tongue and waved a hand in front of it to indicate spicy. She was holding small containers that looked like salt shakers. "I can make food as spicy you like. Or I can make it not spicy." Whatever he chose, she'd adjust the meal for him. He was the husband, so his rules were what went. She fixed his bowl first, and she sat cross-legged. "Is... stew good? Is it too hot? Not hot like you like?"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:34 am

Good. She listened. She apologized as well. Interesting. Was she trying to get something from him? What do "wives" want from husbands? What was the point of all this? Her explanation about Arcadia was understandable. He wasn't sure whether he cared, but it's not like he had anything to do. Maybe she'll stay there with her brother too. Good, perfect plan. "We will go see if it is true or not." he said before realizing that her brother might actually be dead. If he's dead, he went all that way for nothing and is still stuck with this woman. He rolled his eyes and grunted out of annoyance.

Soon, Anton stopped and sat down to relax. This is where they would sleep. "Just make it taste good." he replied. He was always very stern and seemingly uncaring with his words. Anton actually rarely got to eat good food. Even rarer than that was someone else making it for him. He was used to hunting or stealing, depending on where he was, and he never got a hold of anything that had good flavor. If she could make something that didn't taste like stale bread, he'd be fine with it. What was more surprising was her fixing his bowl. It was like eating at a diner or having his own slave.

The food wasn't bad either. From what he could tell, she made it more on the mild side. Good choice. He ate in silence until she asked how the food was. "Good." was his reply. There was a bit of a 'shut up I'm eating' tone, but he did compliment the food with that single word. Once he was done, he laid down, using his sack as a pillow. He had no blanket and was used to this. It's not like he could afford one and those were more complicated to steal than a damn apple. "Sleep." he told her and rolled over onto his side. He could tell that tomorrow was going to be a longer day than he wanted.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:24 am

Meifeng was, honestly, happy that her food was good to him. She had kept it on the milder side, due to his non-Yanyu tongue. She had begun to immediately dissuade the thoughts of him as a barbarian. He had a Yanyu soul, and that mattered most to her. She stayed quiet, and only after he complimented the food did she eat. It was a little too mild for her taste, but she enjoyed it nonetheless. When it came time to sleep, she noticed he did not wrap into a blanket. Thankfully, Yanyu never travel without one. Meifeng put her sack under her head, and got in close to Anton. She then pulled the blanket over both of them, keeping them both warm throughout the night. She placed a hand on his chest so he'd know she was there, but otherwise did not close the gap.

The next morning, Meifeng awoke before Anton. She did not wake her husband, and instead began cooking. This seemed to stir him awake, but she did not stop. "Food be ready soon." She paused, thinking of the right way to say her next sentence. "I... hope blanket kept you... hot in night." She nodded, thinking it was correct.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:52 am

Anton figured she'd end up closer to him than he'd like. She did. If she were able to talk right, he'd actually tell her something along the lines of "fuck off", but didn't feel like listening to the lecture she'd likely give with her broken language. Anton imagined something like "You husband. Me wife. Sleep together." Reminded him of childhood books where monkeys tried to speak Arcadian. He was about to sleep when he felt a blanket tossed over him. His eyes snapped open and he looked to her just to see her lay down and go to sleep. She was just sharing it? Weird. He narrowed his eyes and turned over to sleep. At least he'd be warm tonight. That was new for him. He had been getting used to the cold.

Anton woke to the smell of fire and something else. Food. he thought as he opened his eyes and looked over to her. She really was cooking again. He thought he'd have to search the trees for fruit or dig into the pack for the stuff he had taken from her tribe. He sat up and crossed his legs. He watched her in silence after she confirmed food would be ready soon. His stomach growled. He ignored it, but it was easily heard. She tried to keep up conversation again and asked about him sleeping last night. "Warm." he corrected, "I hope the blanket kept you warm last night and yes, it did."

Food was soon ready and it was a pretty good meal. "I could get used to having her cook every meal." he thought as he continued eating. He ate quickly, as he always did and began getting ready to go. He packed up his things and stood up. Their destination was Arcadia, right? Was he actually going to take her there? How annoying. Might as well since he had already come to the conclusion that he didn't have anything better to do. "Come on. Keep up." he told her and was off. The two traveled through the jungle. A path was created by those who commonly traveled this place, but getting lost was easy.

The area was really hot and very damp. The humidity was annoyingly high. Anton had a thin layer of sweat all over him by the time noon hit, but he didn't seem to show any discomfort. He didn't stop to take any breaks and was not even drinking or eating either, nor did he show any signs of doing so. Because of this, they were making pretty good time. One thing he said a couple hours ago was for her to not get lost. He wouldn't go in after her if she was stupid enough to step off one of the only safe paths through here. As they were walking, Anton suddenly stopped and looked around the jungle.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:06 am

Meifeng blushed furiously and looked down when she was corrected. "I am sorry. Thank you for... correction." It was always embarrassing to get corrected when you were just learning the language. Meifeng was more embarrassed, as she was the only Yanyu who could speak Arcadian as far as she knew. So this was reflecting poorly not only on her, but on her people as well. And once you have a Yanyu soul, you will forever be Yanyu. You will always be a wanderer, even if you stay somewhere. Although it is not recorded, Yanyu do have more vivid dreams about traveling to far away places. The reason is not known.

Meifeng followed closely to Anton throughout the jungle. She was surprisngly lithe when it came to moving about, despite what all she was carrying. When Anton abruptly stopped, she almost ran into him. She looked around, but didn't see anything immediately. "Is there problem? Are we going wrong way?" Meifeng asked quietly, thinking there also might be some sort of predator lurking about.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:04 am

"Hide. Now." Anton looked back to her. It would be up to her to find a spot and find it quickly. A couple of seconds later, the sound of a horse drawn carriage came rushing around a corner. Anton merely moved to the side and allowed them to pass, but the moment they saw him, they began slowing down. He narrowed his eyes and watched carefully as they stopped in front of him. The man leading the carriage tipped his hat and greeted him. "Hey, there now... Sir, you in need of anything? I'm a traveling merchant and I've got a few... high quality items in the back 'ere." the man said. "You got a map?" Anton asked. It was the only thing he was interested in, since his had been destroyed. The man chuckled and nodded, "Yeah, but it's my only one. I don't have any extra to sell, however, if you take a look in the bac-..." "I'm not interested in anything else. I've got what I need. Leave."

The man narrowed his eyes suspiciously and stepped down off the carriage. He must not have known how tall Anton was because his demeanor changed when they were eye to eye. Anton had at least six inches on this man. "Well, look... Now, I don't have an extra map. As I said, I'm usin' the one I got, so if you ain't wantin' to buy nothin', then I'll be on m-..." The man tried pulling a dagger and stabbing Anton in the heart. Anton, however, was much faster and always on his guard, so the man's hand was grabbed before the knife could reach his chest. Anton turned the man around, slammed his head against the, carriage, and then wrapped his arm around his neck. Anton choked the life out of this man without any hesitation. The man flailed about, gasping for air, but without a single ounce of regret in his eyes, Anton snapped the man's neck and dropped his body off the side of the road. Anton spit at the dead man and began rummaging around the carriage for supplies, "You can come out now."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:10 pm

Meifeng stared in absolute horror as her husband killed a man. She wanted to call out, but she did not know the word in Arcadian. She wanted to tell him to stop that. But she couldn't. Not just because of language, but she was afraid of him. He was no farmer. He was no miner. He was, disgustingly, a warrior. At least the warriors of the Yanyu defended a tribe. This man was a hunter of men, who would ransack their homes and carriages for whatever he wanted. The latter bit wasn't as bad to Meifeng as the actual act of killing another.

Meifeng did not fully step close to her husband. She looked down at the body, and immediately vomited. She had not seen a dead human before, and the sight of it made her sick. She slumped against a tree, and just stared. She had no idea what to do. Her husband had just killed a man, and for no reason other than for a map. "You... killed man." Her voice was shaky, and her eyes distant. "Why? Was it because of knife? You are strong, much stronger than man. You... could have... made him sleep. Not dead. So why... did you kill man?"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:33 pm

The woman came out, but kept her distance. Yes, good. She was learning. All he had to do was scare her? Then he should have killed someone back at her tribe. No, that's not scaring, that's scarring. There was a huge difference and he didn't like playing the mental game. He half-ignored her as she vomited. "I did." he replied and she went on. Anton walked back over to the man as she asked him questions, searched through him, found a ring of keys, and went back to the carriage. "He was in my way." was his response as Anton hopped into the back of the carriage. This carriage was a covered one and he kept the door shut. A few minutes later, he stepped back out without the keys and walked to the front. "Come on." He grabbed Meifeng by her arm and dragged her to the front. He sat her down and took the reins. "You know how to drive one of these?" he asked. If she did, he'd hand her the reins and tell her just to keep going the way they had been walking and wake him up if he's needed. If not, he'd turn them around himself and continue on to the next town.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:12 pm

Her husband was far more selfish than she could have imagined. Meifeng frowned, something odd in her culture. Running away was her first instinct. This man was like a wild bear, ready to attack. But, he was her husband. If she came back now, she'd simply be cast as unable to be wed. She wouldn't be cut away, but she'd no longer have an identity of her own. When Anton grabbed her arm, she tensed. She reactively jerked once to try to loosen his grip, but it did not work. She didn't try again. "I... have seen it done. But I have not drive." But Meifeng still tried, and with some effort, she was able to get the carriage under control. "Do you... kill often?" Meifeng asked, her voice dry and empty. Her face was blank, not allowing any emotion on there. "Do you... enjoy kill?"

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:21 pm

Selfish was an interesting way to describe it. When she didn't know, but seemed to want to try, Anton did actually take the time to help her out and explain a bit. He was an asshole, but this wasn't that big of a deal. Now he could sleep and she'd leave him alone. Well, he had hoped. Why he expected her to be silent, he didn't know. As his eyes shut, she immediately began asking him more questions. He opened them again, looked up the road she was now driving on, and sighed. "No. It leaves a trail. I kill those who try to kill me first, always." Her voice had changed. He looked toward her and raised an eyebrow at the blank expression she had. "Enjoy it?" he was actually unsure of how to reply for a moment. He stared at her for a while, thinking more on that weird look she had than her question. "I don't go out and kill for fun, if that's what you're asking." Anton sat up and leaned in close to the side of her face, looking straight into her dull eyes. He was studying that change a bit.

"Is that what you're mad about? I ain't no cold hearted killer. You say put that man back there to sleep. That's stupid. He woulda woke up and tried it to someone else that couldn't kick his ass. Saved more people than I hurt back there. Bastard shouldn't have pulled a knife. And now we got a map, horses, more food, and a carriage to carry it all. Took it off some murderer." With that, he felt silent. Another fucking female gettin' him to talk more than he liked. Wondered if it was some sort of spell he got from her. "Women..." he thought and closed his eyes again.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:49 pm

Mei was hesitant about his answers. Many of them didn't sit right with her. Her brow furrowed slightly, but didn't affect her face much at all. She was still hard to read. "That is... good. I think. No, it... better, but not good." She nodded, her sign of approval to herself. "Not mad. Mad... not right word. Not pleasure... Upset. That is word." Once again, she nodded. "Was that mean really killer too?" No response. Meifeng stared out onto the jungle-woven road. She didn't know what to do. He fell asleep, and Meifeng almost left him. But something about him while he was asleep told her not to. So she continued to drive until they reached the outskirts of a town. "Anton," she lightly jostled him awake. "We are at town. Do we camp outside again, or do we get room in inn?"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:03 pm

Anton would not have been surprised if he woke up alone. It's how he liked it. If she ran off, it would be her life in danger, not his. That didn't happen though. Instead, she woke him up in town. He looked around and noticed that a few people were pointing and staring. He looked to her; She was dressed, so it's not like they were coming into town naked. He thought for a moment and realized. "Right..." he mumbled and was about to jump off the carriage when a woman ran up to him. "Sir, please. Where did you find this carriage?" He rolled his eyes and ignored her and walked to the back. The woman looked to Mei. "Where did you get this carriage? Was a man name Kenneth Drogg driving it?" A few other people began surrounding the carriage as Anton opened up the back. He could be heard asking "This your home town? Out. All of you." and a few moments later about six woman and girls hopped out the back. All of them were young, but three of them were pretty much children.

"You want a room or to camp? I don't care." Anton walked over to Mei and asked. Unfortunately, people began walking up to him and acting like they were going to touch him. He kept hearing thank yous and other terms of appreciation, but he didn't care. "Don't let them touch me." he whispered slightly to Mei and stepped behind her, "You can deal with this." Two of the girls in the back of the carriage had just been taken from here. There were four that weren't from here, but they were happy to just leave and not be sold into slavery like they would have been. Anton had saved them, but that wasn't his original intent. In fact, if he hadn't come across this town, he would have sold them off himself. He needed the cash. He just wasn't going to deal with the violence and rage that would have happened if he showed up and didn't give the girls back. Though good, it was for him not them.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:41 am

Mei could barely understand what the villagers were saying. She felt a pit in her stomach as some of the words connected. This man must be from the village. Mei looked away from the villagers, the sinking feeling appearing in her stomach again. She was going to vomit. Then she heard Anton speak... from the rear of the carriage? She peered around, and saw the women and children exiting. Her eyes widened. They were back there the whole time. "So noise was not falling things because bumpy road."

Meifeng stepped off of the carriage and rushed to Anton's side. "I think camp would be good." She looked around, and shook her head. "Too many barbarian." Mei didn't let any of them touch him, and would stop anyone attempting to with a slap of their hand followed by a stern "No touch!" After the crowd dissipated, Mei looked to Anton and smiled. Then she bowed apologetically. "I should have trust you. You made right choice in killing man. He was bad man. You are... not as bad man."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:48 am

Did she just defend him? Or was that her following orders? He did ask her not to let them touch him, but he meant just talk to them for him, not smack their hands like children trying to touch the glass object. Interesting. "I don't kill for fun. I didn't know he had them back there, but I have every right to defend myself." he explained as he tossed his travel sack over his shoulder. "And no, we're not camping. I want a bed." He led her over to the inn and tossed a couple gold out at the innkeeper. "You watch my carriage, feed the horses, and bring food to my room, I'll toss in six more, understood?" The innkeeper nodded at the thought of gaining a rather large amount of money. Usually a night at the inn here was a few silver, but he was tossing money around like it was nothing.

The two were led to their room. It was well decorated and said to be the nicest in the inn. It only had one bed, but it had a large bathroom and everything was of the highest quality. The innkeeper bowed respectfully and said the meal would be ready in an hour. Anton locked the window and lowered the curtain. He checked the bathroom and kept that door open since there was a small window with no locks in there. He also locked the main door and then finally decided to relax and kick of his shoes. "Relax." he told her and laid back on the bed. Anton began eyeing her. He checked her out, looked her up and down, but wasn't sure what to think of her. Isn't this the type of woman that men go crazy over? The breasts are big, long hair, young face, and big round ass. He didn't get it, but kept staring!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:03 pm