Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
Killstealing Bastard [Closed] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
Killstealing Bastard [Closed] EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
Killstealing Bastard [Closed] EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
Killstealing Bastard [Closed] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
Killstealing Bastard [Closed] EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
Killstealing Bastard [Closed] EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
Killstealing Bastard [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
Killstealing Bastard [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
Killstealing Bastard [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

2 posters

Killstealing Bastard [Closed]

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Killstealing Bastard [Closed] Empty Killstealing Bastard [Closed]

Post by Tsubine Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:47 am

Killstealing Bastard [Closed] Header2

Juline Sinclair sat five hundred yards away from Leopold Dufrane's backyard. Although it was fenced-in to prevent burglers, it was not fenced-in high enough to obstruct Juline's line-of-sight. She was at a decent elevation atop a hillock. The sun was at her back, and there was enough foliage to cover her long rifle. Leopold Dufrane would die today, whether he liked it or not. Juline would make sure of that.

Juline looked at her pocket watch, and then rummaged at her side. She took her powder horn and drew a line atop her hand. She snorted the black powder, and she felt euphoric. Her powder trance reset itself, and she could feel each stick poking in at her. She could separate individual birds from the multitude of calls. But most of all, her hands stopped shaking. Juline wasn't nervous, just anxious. She wanted this guy dead so she could get back home.

Juline inhaled, then exhaled. As she looked back through her scope, she adjusted her body. Leopold was taking his afternoon walk. He looked out over the garden and smiled with a smugness only a corrupt bastard like him could have. Juline took moment to adjust her rifle's sighting. She leaned in, putting her finger on the trigger...
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Killstealing Bastard [Closed] Empty Re: Killstealing Bastard [Closed]

Post by Serenity Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:06 pm

Killstealing Bastard [Closed] 5%20Header_zps1mapqwrc

"Leopold Dufrane, corrupt CEO of ArcTech, a major manufacturing company that specializes in daily household appliances that run off of Arcane energy. He has no Family. His closest 'friend' is a highly paid 'maid' that seems too willing to serve him in any way he asks. He owns two houses, one a mansion and the other a beach house. He has two kids and rejects them, refusing to submit his DNA to prove it... Obviously the bastard knows their his..." Lysander sighed and stuffed the paper in the pocket inside his shirt. He heard the back door to the mansion shut and looked down from his spot on the roof. He was sitting in the shade, hidden from anyone that might be looking a little too closely.

"Alright Dufrane. You die today." Lysander rolled off the roof and landed silently in the grass behind a large shrub. Like a wolf stocking his prey, he moved up quickly, keeping himself low the ground with his spear in hand. As Dufrane turned a corner toward him, Lysander shot from the bush and used his Spirit Rush to dart toward Dufrane. The man didn't get to scream before the blade of Lysander's spear cut his head clean off. Lysander watched the body keep standing there for a moment and then hopped away on one foot as it fell toward him. "No, no. Don't touch me." Lysander looked around to confirm no one was watching and then hurried over the back fence. And now he was casually on his way.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Post by Tsubine Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:35 pm

It was not long before Juline intercepted the spear-wielding man. She was out of breath. She stared up at him, contempt raging in her eyes. She hated him. Juline pointed at him furiously, still trying to catch her breath. "You... Sonnuvabitch... You stole... my kill..." Juline then grabbed her musket and levelled it at his throat. "Tell me why the hell I don't blow your brains out right now. Who the fuck are you working for that you took down Dufrane?"

Rewinding a few weeks, Juline had accepted a job from the Bartender of the Black Cross. She needed a bit of quick money, and a sniping assassination would be perfect. She had not known she'd have to figure out which house he'd be at, and then find out when he even stood out from behind stone walls. If she missed, she knew she'd be unable to kill him for weeks. He'd have bodyguards and Arcane items to deflect bullets. She'd be useless. So Juline would have to be patient.

And what did her patience get her? Someone else taking the kill. She had him right down the barrel, a clean headshot. And this fucker took it. It was not only insulting, but also infuriating. She had tracked this guy's movements for two weeks now! And he stole the kill?! Juline threw her hands up in the air and ran down the hill to catch him...

Juline stared at him not down the barrel, but to the side of it. She had enough training to know it was levelled right at his head. And even if she missed, she'd just try to arc the bullet correctly. Juline was downright pissed at Lysander, and she didn't even know his name.
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:46 pm

"Hey, you alright?" Lysander looked to the out of breath woman as she suddenly appeared. He could feel the anger leaking from her voice like a tremor on the wind. His eyes widened in surprise. "I did what?" he asked and then took a step back as a gun was put to his head. "Whoa, whoa, whoa!! What the hell?" he moved his head to the right and brought his arm up to grab the gun and point it upwards. "Don't point the gun at me! What's your problem?!" Lysander looked at her as if she had gone nuts, but calmed down and let the gun go. He took a step back and slid his hands into his pockets. "Now what were you saying? Try to calm down and not point a gun at my head. Won't answer if that's the case."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:52 pm

Instead, Juline pointed it at his balls. She glared at him, showing that she would pull the trigger. She then shouldered the rifle, still staring. "I have been following Dufrane for two weeks now." Juline pointed to the manor. "I have been on a hill, seeing if I could get an opportunity to blow his fucking brains out, for six days. I am not in a good mood, and I have no patience right now. I just want to know why you killed him, and who the hell you killed him for. If it's one of his kids, fine, but if it's not, I have to know for my own job. So speak up before I fill you full of scattershot and make you holey enough to worship." Juline continued to glare at him, simply wanting answers...
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:00 pm

"Aye! Woman!" he picked up one of his legs and crossed over to protect his manhood. Once she shouldered the rifle, he calmed down and stood normally, though he was ready to dash if he needed. She explained her situation and he did feel kind of bad, but was all of this necessary? "I see... Well, I am sorry that I took the kill. If I had known someone else was already on it, I would'a let you finish it. Just didn't know, so that's not exactly my fault." Lysander explained with a casual shrug, "As for your job, just tell them someone struck first and snatched the kill or something... I can't reveal the details of my own mission to anyone. I'm pretty sure someone in a similar business would understand something that simple. Assassin's don't talk... If you're in a bad mood, I could... I dunno, buy you lunch? It's really all I can do to apologize, ya know? Can't change what happened. What's done is done... yada, yada."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:13 pm

This guy... was both nice and infuriating. He did feel bad. And he did want to make amends. But for fuck's sake, she wanted the money. "Unfortunately, it doesn't help that much. I'm not getting paid, which is why I even took this job. I swear I'm going to break one of those fancy wine bottles over his head one of these days..." Juline shook her head, then slid her rifle's strap over her shoulder. "Not lunch. Alcohol." And then, she began to walk in the direction of the nearest tavern.

As they made their way into the tavern, Juline had slid her rifle into a large leather sack. The actual bar was full, so Juline found them a booth in the corner. She set her rifle beside her, like it was a date or something. A barmaid walked over, and Juline ordered a stout ale. She got an odd look, but Juline just returned it with a scowl. After Lysander ordered whatever the hell he wanted, Juline turned to him. "You moved pretty fast for a big guy. Special training or something?"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:27 pm

Well someone had irritated her, but he was glad the frustration was no longer aimed toward him. Poor guy better watch out when this feisty little vixen shows up at his door. Lysander held in a chuckle and kept on a smile. "How about both?" he said and walked along side her. He still had a bit of money on him, so he could cover it. They arrived at the Tavern and chose a corner booth, which was where he often preferred. It gave a better view of the area, especially if anyone suspicious showed up. He kept silent until she ordered and it was his turn. "Steak sandwich and iced tea." he ordered and looked to Juline. "If you count Arcana as special training, than yes. It's an ability I can use. You've got a nice rifle there. Takes a special kind of woman to master such a weapon..." he went silent for a moment and spoke up again, "Hey listen... I have like nothing on me... I can pay for this meal and what it takes for my trip  back home, but... until I get paid and get to my bank, nothin'. I can try and help you out? Maybe even get you a job or somethin'... You really that pressed for coin?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:37 am

Lysander's offer of food was tempting, but she had enough trail rations to deal with her hunger. She did not have alcohol to deal with her irritation. But she would soon, thank Zafildir. Arcana is a special skill, so she would count it. But then, Lysander hit the right (or wrong) conversation topic. Juline's eyes widened, and pride shone on her face. "So ya noticed, huh?" Juline patted the sack behind her head. "It's not just any nice rifle though. It's a Mycroft, of course. But it's made by Lawrence Mycroft the Second himself. That means this thing is one-of-a-kind. Sure there are other Mark Fifty-Seven models, but none are made by Mycroft himself."

"It's a two-thousand gold piece of art. It's a one-and-a-half inch flintlock, usually meant to be mounted on guard towers or something. It has brass inlays across the stock, which is made of Braukan walnut by the way. The scope is custom-made, meant for extreme distance shooting. It was a bit of a bonus, as Mycroft wanted me to test the furthest capabilities of the rifle. It's a bit useless since it exceeds the range of the musket, even with my boosts, by about 250 yards. You might not have seen it, but there's also a bipod on the front. The only thing I don't have for it is a bayonet. You wouldn't happen to know a smith that's good with bayonets, would you?"

After getting her rant over, and letting Lysander continue, Juline shrugged. "Not really pressed, honestly. It would have been money for this month and next month's rent, meaning I'd have enough to just not do anything. Now I've just gotta go out and do something else. You just ruined my vacation, that's all."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:21 am

That change in demeanor was what he wanted, even if he didn't know what he had gotten himself into. Lysander did his best to understand what she was explaining and was able to get most of it. She loved that rifle. It was cute. He was glad that he didn't get shot by that thing though. Even if he saw her pull the trigger and had some distance, he wasn't sure he'd be able to dodge it. "Actually, I can probably help you there." Lysander said as he ruffled around in his pockets. Normally something like this would be called a favor and for him that meant something different than most people, but he decided to let it slide. She had already had a bad day, no need to make it worse. He pulled out a small black book.

"Ah, here it is..." he ruffled through some pages. "You know Black and White Hill Village, right? The towns always in competition for whatever stupid reason? Yeah, Black Hill has a blacksmith that works on just about any weaponry. I've seen him handle firearms as well, so he might be able to help you out. I recommend him to just about anyone. His name is Jarvis Eckel. Just tell him Lysander sent you and you'll even get a discount." Lysander pulled out a pencil, wrote down the information she would need and then handed it to her. "Don't lose that either. He's good and fast at his work, so you won't even be stuck there for long. Oh... and be nice to him. He's older, but a good guy. He just has a habit of knocking on two to three more days and a plat coin to those who don't respect him or his work."

Lysander sighed in frustration. He was trying to be civil about this. "Oh come on... Ugh..." he lightly smacked his own forehead and ran his hand back over his hair, "You act like I did this on purpose. I-I didn't! I mean... I already told  you if I had known I would of let you have it. Besides... Why be so... so, so... Um.. What's the word?"  He thought for a moment, but it wouldn't come to his mind. "I don't know. The word isn't comin' to me, but you can be a little more understanding about it. If I were in your shoes, I would have just applauded your shot and walked off. You pointed a gun at my head and I'm buying you lunch. Doesn't that count for something?" Lysander sighed again and crossed his arms.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:05 am

Black Hill Village? Why didn't she think of that?! Juline wanted to smack herself for not thinking of going there. Black Hill had been mentioned by Mycroft as somewhere that he respected, but she never thought to go there for her bayonet. Usually, the larger towns had a smithy that would do this. But no one wanted to try to tackle it. Cowards. Juline happily took the paper and stuffed it into her travelsack. She nodded appreciatively. "That... that actually helps a lot. I'll keep that in mind. I might make a stop over there on the way back to Varedia."

Juline smiled. "Of course it does. You've still got both of your knees, and you've still got your manhood." She mimicked him and crossed her own arms, raising an eyebrow at the same time. "I just want to pick at you. It's annoying that I lost the hunt, but getting a potential smith for a bayonet has made me not care as much. That's the downside of this thing. People don't want to take the job to make a bayonet for my Mycroft."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:42 am

"You know, the fact that you'd shoot of a man's... you know, over something like this is slightly disturbing." Lysander shuddered a bit and shook his head. Finally, the food and drinks came, right as his felt his stomach growl. "Ah, thank you." he said politely and immediately began to eat. "Just pick at me, huh?" he said after swallowing his first bit, "Well, I'm glad I could help and wait... Did you say you were heading into Varedia?" Lysander took another bite as she answered and waited until he was done with it before he spoke again. "Huh... I actually have to head back there myself. If you want, we can travel together. Might be nice to have someone else on the road with me... Been a while since I traveled with another person." Lysander smiled as he continued eating. "I even know this really nice bar. The guy who owns it takes real good care of it, especially with his new woman helpin' him."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:50 am

Juline took a large swig of ale, and the froth made a mustache. She caught it before it lingered too long, but damn was that ale good. "Mmhmm. I live there. At least now I do." Juline shrugged, and watched as Lysander ate. He was handsome, no doubt. But it wasn't something Juline cared about yet. "If you hadn't given me the idea to go to Black Hill, I might have said to go fuck yourself. Now?" Juline took another swig. "I think I might take you up on that. I'd still like to stop in Black Hill though." As Lysander continued, Juline's eyes narrowed. "Nice bar... new woman..." No, it couldn't be. "The woman... purple hair, nice tits? And the guy... blond, always wears a stupid ascot?" After getting confirmation, Juline's eyes narrowed further. This was just great. "That motherfucker gave us the same job, didn't he?"

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:55 am

Lysander was glad she enjoyed the ale. It wasn't entirely his thing, so he kept with this drink. "Sure. I might get my spear touched up a bit, though collecting my money would make it a bit easier... Still ain't got much coin on me. I'll go with ya, never mind. Stupid to go to Varedia first." And then that part of the conversation came up. She described Natalie... "Uh... Yeah?" Lysander had a strange feeling about this. And then she went on to describe Izumo and his eyes dulled, "Yeah. That's him." They both came to the same conclusion. This was seriously a mix up from the same damn group? Lysander sighed and shook his head. "Apparently he did. Never seen you around the bar though. I know I travel a lot, but I thought I knew most members of the B.C. Nice to meet ya. I'm Taurus."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:04 am

Juline was just stuck. Really. They were from the same group. She waved her hand dismissively. "I'm usually not there. I don't stay for the camaraderie. Usually not my thing. I'm Sagittarius. I'm usually the one people don't know." Taking another sip of her ale, she thought. Juline looked at him dead in the eye. "I bet you twenty gold that he messed up because he was getting a blowjob under the desk at the time."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:46 pm