Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
In the Blue Season [CLOSED] - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
In the Blue Season [CLOSED] - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
In the Blue Season [CLOSED] - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
In the Blue Season [CLOSED] - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
In the Blue Season [CLOSED] - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
In the Blue Season [CLOSED] - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
In the Blue Season [CLOSED] - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
In the Blue Season [CLOSED] - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
In the Blue Season [CLOSED] - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

2 posters

In the Blue Season [CLOSED]

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

In the Blue Season [CLOSED] - Page 3 Empty Re: In the Blue Season [CLOSED]

Post by Tsubine Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:57 pm

In the Blue Season [CLOSED] - Page 3 Header6

"You sound disappointed. Why? Are you interested in me?" That... that was a question. Alain hadn't really thought about that. Even though she did look good—especially in what she was in now—he had only known her a few hours. His body—specifically his trusty magnum—must just be reacting to cues of attractiveness. Yeah. That was it—or at least that what he told himself. But he wasn't going to let an opportunity like this slide. "And if I was?" He looked at her, his glasses slightly down so where she was looking directly into his eyes. With that cocky grin, no shirt, and definitely no pants... He was definitely playing the part he was assigned. "What would you say?" It really didn't help she was trying to do the same thing he was.

But the teasing did have to stop, and the topic switched back to something more serious. He spoke about how his partner needed to be happier than he was. He's... not that hard of a person to please even if he does have a certain kind of high standard. But he knows other people are much harder, which is why he's been in that mindset. Well, easy to please isn't right. He's just... someone who is somewhat 'naturally happy.' He's not someone who always needs someone to cheer him up or be content with the way things are going. He just is. He may not like the choices people make—a la why he's had to murder fifty people—but he is content with his life so far.

But then Serenity kept looking around the room. At first it was like a cat watching a laser-pointer. But then... it just got a little weird. It seems she was actually following something a little smarter than someone pointing a little red beam to annoy a cat. It was getting really weird. Alain took a bite out of his roll finally and swallowed the warm, bready goodness. And then he spoke up, concerned about her. "I hate to ask..." Alain cleared his throat. "Is everything okay? You look like you saw and are following a ghost..." He had no idea what was to come... and neither did the mischievous god who had brought up the trusty magnum once more...

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:16 am

In the Blue Season [CLOSED] - Page 3 Serenity2_zps4b943f53

"And if I was?" God damn it. Why wasn't she expecting these witty replies from him? Every time she tried to turn it around, it backfired! She was dealing with a professional tease now; she had to watch her words. One wrong move and she could be in trouble. "What would you say?" And he continued it!? Her face reddened. She wouldn't say no, of course. For one, she wasn't the type to say no. She gave most people a chance, but before now she had never officially been asked out. This wasn't official though, or was it? Was he serious and using their teasing tactics as a way to hide his plans? If he wasn't serious and she answered honestly, she'd likely be rejected. If he was serious and she answered in a teasing manner, he could be the one who felt rejected. Either way, she felt like she could lose this battle! What to do, what to do?! "I don't know..." she said, playing the innocent card, "I don't know whether that is a serious question or not, so that will be your answer." She smiled and stuck her tongue out at him before moving on.

And then the topic switched up, exactly like she wanted it to. Well, it sort of did. She ended up frightened and watching something through the wall, using her sensory. Of course, she couldn't see it. She could just tell where it was, like something talking to her from that direction, and it was not happy. "I hate to ask..." Alain suddenly spoke up and Serenity jumped, startled by the sudden sound of his voice and clearing of this throat. She swallowed her current bit and looked toward him, clearing her throat to get the food down quicker. She sorta needed a drink. "Y-Yeah?" she said quickly, pretty much knowing what he was going to ask. "Is everything okay? You look like you saw and are following a ghost..." she said and she glanced over toward the kitchen, knowing who was on the other side.

"I was hoping he'd go away..." she said and then motioned over toward the fridge, "There... On the other side of that wall, there is a man standing. He's listening to us. I know him since he comes from the village and he's always been nice..." she said and lowered her head a bit, "... but he's angry right now. I don't know why. I just know he wants to hurt both of us." Letting him know this made her feel much better, but her stomach was beginning to curl from the nervousness. "He's moving again..." she whispered and followed him toward the front door. When doing this, the cloaked man would pass by one of the windows at the front of the house, but rather quickly, as if he was trying to prevent someone from seeing him.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Post by Tsubine Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:29 am

"I was hoping he'd go away... " He? Well, at least she wasn't talking about Alain... "There... On the other side of that wall, there is a man standing. He's listening to us. I know him since he comes from the village and he's always been nice... but he's angry right now. I don't know why. I just know he wants to hurt both of us." That... was weird. Not that she can sense someone through the bloody walls, no. The fact there was some creepy-ass dude in that storm out there. At least he's got dedication... "I see..." Alain looked at the window at just the right time to see what looked to be a dark mass move in front of it. Not good.

If this man was to get violent... Alain's eyes darted to his sabre, which was but a few steps away on the bathroom door. But before he could get to there... So Alain hatched a plan. "Don't you worry about one thing." He put his hand on her shoulder for a short time... It was both to comfort her and to goad that creepy black mass on. "I think I'm going to go get another bowl." This time Alain flashed something at Serenity again, this time his nice ass. He grabbed his bowl and went into the kitchen, watching the front door through the corner of his eye. Thankfully the stew was still like he wanted it, so he got quite a nice bowl full and sat back down. Strangely, his spoon was still on the table while he held the bowl...

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:36 am

Serenity was utterly confused. What on earth would make her not worry? Maybe him touching her shoulder? Yeah, that helped, quite a lot too. She looked to him and was able to calm down easily. She was even able to smile at him, at least before he chose to get up. Serenity tried not to stare, but how was that possible?! An extremely attractive man, in face and body, was now walking in front of her with a nicely toned ass just sticking out for her to enjoy the show. Was he doing this on purpose!? He had to of been! It wasn't often that men felt a breeze in their back side, right? He would be able to tell the difference, right?! Didn't matter, Serenity's face turned horribly red. She felt her cheeks heat up so badly and forced herself to look away. Keeping her eyes glued on an old crack in the floor, she waited until he sat back down. Once she felt his side of the couch sink in, she looked back toward him with her face still stuck like a tomato. "I-I'm glad you enjoy the food." she said before feeling a sickening feeling come over her. She slowly turned her head toward the window to the left of the door and saw the cloaked figure standing there. He wasn't hiding or sneaking around anymore and that made her heart jump.

"A-Alain..." Serenity said and began backing away from the window, scooting toward Alain on the couch. She could tell by the rage she sensed within the cloaked man's heart that he was ready to attack. Serenity's breathing became labored when she felt the rage hit it's peak. The man suddenly raised his hand and threw something toward the window. A rock came crashing through the window, shattering glass everywhere, and heading straight for Serenity's skull. After that, more came. Rocks, dirt, and anything the man could find to throw came flying in at both of them. "You bitch!" he yelled as he continued to throw things at the both of them, "What are you doing here with another man?! You are my woman! You are supposed to be with me! We were supposed to get married and you're here whoring about with some stiff!?" As the rocks were being thrown in over and over and over again, almost as if he had been preparing for this, some were aimed at her, others were even more aggressively aimed at Alain. "Carl, stop! Please!" she said, crying and practically begging for him to listen. "Shut up! You stupid bitch! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you! YOU TRAITOR!" he yelled at her and then ran off, beginning to circle the house again.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:57 am

Alain was waiting. Waiting on that creepy bastard to burst through that wooden door. And when he did... a third person would be enjoying that stew. Well, still only two because that third person would have that piping hot stew all over their face. And boy that would not be a fun thing. "I-I'm glad you enjoy the food." He just smiled. He didn't want to tell her his plan at first... but he set the bowl down for a brief moment, only to hear: "A-Alain..." Before he could turn to see why she was calling his name...

Crash

Glass shattered. Alain instantly darted and put his front to Serenity and his back to the window, taking some of the clumps of mud on his toga. The blanket was rather thick so even the rocks didn't hurt. "You bitch!" Well that wasn't a nice thing to call her. "What are you doing here with another man?! You are my woman! You are supposed to be with me! We were supposed to get married and you're here whoring about with some stiff!?" And that wasn't a very nice thing to call him."Carl, stop! Please!" Alain wanted to tell her the futility of that, but... she'd have to figure it out. "Shut up! You stupid bitch! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you! YOU TRAITOR!" And then he disappeared.

"Well he's certainly mad." Alain joked to himself aloud. Oh boy this man, no matter how creepy, was just enough to get his blood pumping. "I wish you would have told me you were going to have another friend over. I would have changed into something more appropriate." Alain knew this guy's type... nothing but a coward. But he was a jealous coward. Alain had no chance of finding this guy in the rain, so... Why not let creepy dude find him? Or rather, have creepy dude come out first. So he yelled out the broken window into the rain, hoping Carl would hear him. "You called me a stiff. Well, although there is something stiff on me—thanks to this wonderful young lady in here—I'm most certainly a better man than you are." He put his hand on Serenity's shoulder again, watching the few windows in that room. He could make a break for his sabre, but it would leave her defenseless. Looks like he may have to start this old school. "I don't go breaking people's windows in the rain—I fix them." He goaded the man on. He could take a rock or two. "And if you were to marry her, I don't think calling her such vulgar things is a very nice thing to do. I suggest going to anger management."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:26 am

Serenity was shocked to feel nothing happen. She expected a rock to smash into her head, but it didn't. Instead, Alain took a very quick action and put his body between her and everything that Carl was throwing. She begged Carl to stop, worried about something actually harming Alain. Her pleas were futile. He wasn't going to listen and she knew that. He had gone off the deep end and the likelihood of stopping him was low.

"Well he's certainly mad."

Serenity looked up to Alain with a few tears falling down her cheeks. She was trying to hold them back, but a few were still coming. Her flirtatious and joking mood had dropped completely, so she didn't catch the joke. "I wish you would have told me you were going to have another friend over. I would have changed into something more appropriate." he said and it only made her feel worse. "I-I'm sorry." she lowered her head, feeling guilty about the entire situation, "I don't ever know when he's going to show up. He just randomly comes around..." Serenity's head rose again when she heard Alain talking out to Carl. She was shocked at everything that he was saying. Was he trying to make Carl even more mad? "Alain, no! Stay away from the windows before he starts throwing more things and hits you!" she said, backing away from all the windows and toward her bedroom door. It was the only place that wasn't an easy target for Carl, at least she thought.

"And if you were to marry her, I don't think calling her such vulgar things is a very nice thing to do. I suggest going to anger management." "I told you I'm not marrying you, Carl! We're just friends! Well... we were..." she said. Serenity had lost track of Carl for a moment. He had run to circle the house again, but she stopped paying attention. A moment after Alain finished his sentence, she felt his presence through a massive rise in anger. "He's in my room..." she said in a horrified whisper. She glanced back toward the door, hearing a low thump sound. She could tell where he was in her room, so she waited to see what he was going to do. She felt him charging toward her and her eyes widened. She didn't hesitate to run to Alain, but stopped when she went to grab onto Alain's sabre. Because of this, as she did Carl busted through her bedroom door and sent it flying open with a loud crash and hitting her back. Serenity fell forward, Alain's sabre in hand, and then looked back to Carl. He was and overly large man and he stood in the door way with a large knife in his hand. His hood was off now, revealing a rather... poorly looking man that looked like he ate children in his breakfast cereal each morning.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:45 am

"I-I'm sorry. I don't ever know when he's going to show up. He just randomly comes around..." Oh did Alain feel shitty for making a joke now. "Trust me, I don't think even he knows when he's going to show up." Then he goaded Carl on. On that note, this world seemed too odd for someone to be named Carl. Alain wanted to feel sorry for him being named Carl, but that wouldn't be today. "Alain, no! Stay away from the windows before he starts throwing more things and hit you!" ...Well geez captain obvious, thanks for that. Of course he didn't think of it in that mean of words... but it was the same thought line. "That's the point. He won't come at me unless I make him mad. Cowards are like that."

Then he heard a nice, low thump. It didn't sound like a comfortable landing. She really should invest in better locks... But today was not the day to discuss her locksmith's obvious shoddy job. Hell, for all Alain knew this Carl guy was her locksmith. And then he heard the bedroom door slam open, and Serenity was on the floor with Carl standing over him. And there he was—the Count Chocula reject. His knife was obviously compensating for something he lacked... but that didn't matter. This lady was about to be hurt. And Alain wasn't going to let that happen. And so Alain's eyes sure changed. They narrowed. He knew what he had to do.

What happened next seemed like something out of a kung-fu movie. The next thing Carl knew was that he was back in Serenity's bedroom. Alain was now where Carl was. But what had happened in that short time? Alain essentially flew. Using the table as a spring board, Alain's body flew over Serenity—giving her a nice look of what was underneath that toga—with one leg outstretched. Yes, Alain had just done a flying kick. He had never done that before, actually. But everything was just... right. Carl was still conscious, albeit stunned. Alain helped Serenity back up, grabbing his sabre. "Leave this to a professional." Alain twirled the sabre, still in its sheath, around. Batter up.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:17 am

"Trust me, I don't think even he knows when he's going to show up."

"Do you know what's wrong with him?" Serenity asked Alain, hoping that they'd be able to help Carl. Eh, the name is an insult on Aurora. How plain! "Do you have to bait him into coming around? He could just leave when he calms down?" her tone was questioning her own statements. She knew he wasn't going to calm down. It was just a matter of time before he fully snapped. It happened before, even though she tried to deny it and just be friends with him. And of course, as she predicted, it happened. Within moments, Carl had charged into the house from her bedroom, obviously coming in through the window and knocked her to the ground. Her reflexes did allow her to grab Alain's sword, but she wasn't quick enough to get away. She laid there on the ground and looked back toward Carl with a disappointed expression.

"Carl, stop it!!" she yelled at him, begging again. "You were supposed to be mi-...AGH!" Carl attempted to speak as he also tried pointing his blade toward Serenity. The moment he did though, Alain charged him with one hell of a flying kick. Serenity didn't have time to see anything that wasn't Carl being kicked back and Alain landing on the other side of her, unfortunately, but she pushed herself onto her knees once he did. "I-Is he okay?" she asked, actually concerned for the monster in the other room. Alain came toward her and helped her to her feet. "Leave this to a professional." "Professional what?" Serenity wondered, unsure of what he could mean. At that moment, Alain took his sword and Carl got right back to his feet. "You traitor! You're mine! You will always be mine!" he yelled at her, stomping himself forward and raising his knife again. He just began swinging it wildly at Alain. He was doing his best to get to Serenity, trying to separate the two of them.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:51 pm

"I-Is he okay?" She was... concerned for him. Bloody HELL was she innocent... but also nice. Alain felt she was too nice for this situation. But that was her, and it wasn't Alain, so it didn't bother him too much. He wasn't going to focus on her worrying about Carl unless she ran to go get an ice pack and band-aids for the guy. "I don't think that really did any damage to him. I'm not a superhero or a masked man in a spandex suit. My kicking power isn't the best." What he made a reference to, only few would understand. Serenity... was probably not one of those people.

And he stood back up. The guy was a little taller than Alain imagined... but that didn't matter. This lumberjack-vampire-wannabe was going to pay. And not with gold—well, unless he had a gold tooth. "You traitor! You're mine! You will always be mine!" And he was selfish too. This guy just had no class. Now that Alain had his sabre and this guy was in front of him... there was no need for him to goad Carl on. So for once, Alain kept quiet. There was no witty remark. Instead, just a simple whack came from Alain. Well, the sound didn't... technically. The sound came from Carl's hand and the contact it made with Alain's sabre's sheath. Alain was trying to break the grip Carl had on his knife... but to no avail. So, plan B.

Alain's grip on the sabre adjusted so where the handle was now the part to be swung and the end being the part to be held. And then what could basically be called a hell of an uppercut occurred. The handle dug deep into Carl's jaw. Thankfully the Count Chocula reject had been neglecting his dental visits and had a mouth full of clenched teeth. Keyword: had. Now Carl had lost two-and-three-quarters teeth and many more cracked. As that left him stunned, Alain twirled the sabre midair, batting the knife hand away while grabbing the handle once more. Before the lumberjack-vampire could charge again, Alain sent him back into the bedroom with a nice jab of the end cap into Carl's thick neck. Or well, he tried to. But like a drunk in a stupor, Carl ended up missing the door, slamming into the wall. Thankfully it didn't break.

Carl slid down the wall slightly, but got back up. This guy was a little tougher... and a little crazier than he thought. Alain's sabre's end slammed into the wood floor, getting Carl's attention. The lumberjack-vampire/Count Chocula reject was now staring down at Alain. But Alain didn't care. He wasn't going to scare the toga-wearing, sword-swinging professor. All he needed was a nice hat and he'd be set for a blockbuster movie. "I suggest you leave. I don't want to hurt you or this house any more than I have to." Alain's voice turned serious. He was not joking. He wanted to make sure this guy knew that things were not going go his way. Only Alain's way would prevail tonight, as evidenced by a tiny blue sphere on the bottom of the hilt of Alain's sabre slightly glowing.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:14 am

"I don't think that really did any damage to him. I'm not a superhero or a masked man in a spandex suit. My kicking power isn't the best."

". . . . . . . Huh?" Yeah, that flew way over Serenity's head. The momentary pause and silence was like one of those in a TV show. And then Carl got up. "Carl, stop, please!" Serenity begged and backed away as Carl came on the attack again. Alain stood his ground and the two began to fight. Serenity had not expected Alain to hold someone as large as Carl off, but he was able to. When Serenity saw a few of Carl's teeth fall from his mouth, her eyes widened and practically stayed stuck that way through out the fight. She didn't know what to do. If she asked Alain to stop, Carl would attack the both of them again. Carl wasn't listening to her, so there was nothing that she could do. She felt helpless. Alain was able to knock Carl back into the room again and make him lose his balance enough to fall. Alain walked up to Carl and Serenity walked up behind Alain. "I suggest you leave. I don't want to hurt you or this house any more than I have to." he said and Serenity stepped up a bit more. She was trying to trust her friend.

"Carl please... You're scaring me." she told him and Carl just stared down at her, soon a saddened expression forming on her face, "Look what you did to my home. There are rocks everywhere and you could have hurt us. Friends don't do that to each other." Carl stepped forward and looked over Serenity to the broken window and the dirt and rocks that he had thrown in. Serenity suddenly calmed down, her worry going away for the moment. She couldn't sense any hostility coming from him anymore. "I-I'm sorry, Serenity... I didn't mean to scare you. I was just mad." Carl said and Serenity smiled up to him. "It's okay, Carl. We all make mistakes, but don't do that again." she said happily to him as she stepped forward to give him a hug. As she did, Carl looked over to Alain and narrowed his eyes. Serenity realized the anger had instantly returned and that she was in a horrible position. Carl immediately reached out and grabbed onto Serenity, pulling her into him.

"Get away! She's mine! You can't have her, got it?!" he kept a strong grip on Serenity's arm, stepping back away from Alain and pulling her with him. "Carl, stop!" she said, trying to pull her arm away from him, but his grip tightened and she winced, "Carl, you're hurting me!!!" she placed her hand on his, trying to loosen it a bit, but hit grip only tightened more. "You're mine... MINE!" Carl said and pulled her toward the window, keeping his eye on Alain, "You try anything, I'll kill her! I'll kill her I swear it!" Serenity's eyes widened and she looked back to Carl in shock, like she wasn't expecting him to every say something so hurtful and cruel. At the same time, he was serious. She could tell. He wasn't letting her go. His grip on her arm was tight enough to cut of the circulation and she felt it starting to go numb already.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:32 am

"I-I'm sorry, Serenity... I didn't mean to scare you. I was just mad." Yeah, raving mad. And not the good kind of rave either! This guy was nutso. Alain almost reached out to stop Serenity, but it was too late. As soon as she was within reach... Kersnatch. Carl had her in his lumberjack-like arms, pointing the knife to Alain. Like a little knife like that is going to stop him. He'd stared down a triple (yes, triple) barreled shotgun before and still managed to take down that guy. So a little crazy dude with a knife was no problem. "Get away! She's mine! You can't have her, got it?!" The problem was that he had a hostage. And it didn't help that she didn't know to fight back. But well, that was his job. He was a murderer, wasn't he? "You're mine... MINE!" Alain sighed. He knew what he had to do... just not how. "You try anything, I'll kill her! I'll kill her I swear it!" And then... it hit him.

And Alain stood there, he raised his hands, as if he was being held at gunpoint. His sabre fell on his toes... but that was okay. It didn't hurt that much. And then... Blue. Well, blue and red. Carl was now Carl the pirate. Well, he was missing the hook for now. A blue... cylinder about as wide as a softball was now extended from Alain's left palm and into... well, Carl's right wrist. I would say hand, but well... there was no hand. And no knife. Carl's entire right hand... was gone. The blue cylinder had... eaten it essentially. Before it could start to gush out blood, Alain made his second move.

A blue light from the hilt of his sabre shined and thus did the steel inside the sheath as the light hit it. With a crack of thunder and a bolt of lightning, Carl would no longer be able to do whatever job he once had. Unless he was a jogger or a face model (ha). But now, Carl could no longer lift anything. Alain had darted in the short time from when he kicked the sabre up and grabbed it to a good distance from Carl. And a single slash... was all it took to sever Carl's remaining arm almost cleanly in two, although there was a little bit left, as he didn't want to hit Serenity with his blade. But as there was no longer any muscle control—and it kinda was just flapping there with no rigidity—Serenity slipped out of Carl's grip... although it wouldn't be a pretty sight as now... the wounds began to bleed. Or rather... spray.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:15 am

"Alain... Alain, help. Please." Serenity did not like calling on someone she had just met for help, but Carl was actually hurting her, and he wasn't caring that he was doing it. And then a clank was heard and Serenity looked up to see what had happened. She was shocked to see that Alain had dropped his sword. Was he gonna give up and let her be taken? She couldn't blame him; they didn't exactly know each other much. She had just hoped he wouldn't do it. Serenity closed her eyes and waited to be run off with, but she was suddenly dropped. She fell to the floor, placing her hands to the ground to catch herself. As this happened, she heard a heart-squeezing scream echo pierce the inner workings of her ear. With a horrified look, she turned over on her back, sitting up to see something she had not expected. One hand was gone already gone and his arm fell right at her legs. Serenity looked down to it, seeing it flop around and she raised her hands to cover her mouth in shock.

"Oh... my..." she said, but was suddenly interrupted. "No!! NO!! Serenity! MY LOVE! HELP ME!" Serenity's eyes shot up from the arm and toward Carl. Blood was squirting out at her, soaking her hair, clothes, and splashing all over her skin. Serenity couldn't even blink. She was horrified beyond belief. "Stop it..." she said as she backed away from Carl, "STAY AWAY!" She screamed at the top of her lungs, covering her ears out of fear. She suddenly got up and darted out of the room, through the living room, burst through the front door, and then kept going from there. Carl tried running after her, but he fell and just laid there, squirming about and yelling her name over and over again. Serenity kept running, trying to get as far away as she possibly could. Every time she heard him yell her name, she ran faster and faster. She wasn't used to not being able to help someone. She wasn't used to someone not listening to her. And...

"The blood... It's everywhere!!" she screamed in her mind as she tripped over a root and fell. She got up again, ran passed her lake, and continued on until she couldn't run anymore. Which was pretty much when she slipped on some mud and went tumbling into a tree. Serenity hit her head on the trunk and then rolled away, holding her forehead. When she pulled her hand back, she looked at it and saw the blood. She knew it wasn't her own and began washing her hands off in the mud, panicking at what had just happened. The image of Carl reaching out to her without his hand and arm, the blood squirting all over her, the sound of his pleas for help. None of them would leave her head. "Get it off! Get it off!" she began crying, sobbing horribly as she looked down to her chest and saw the blood that had soaked into her clothing. "AHHHH!!" she screamed out and then grabbed her hair, realizing blood had soaked into it as well. Giving up, she closed her eyes, allowed her body to fall forward, and curled herself into a tight fetal position, choosing to lay there and just cry in the mud.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:20 pm

Well, Alain didn't plan on the arm falling at Serenity's legs. But it did. And it just kinda... sat there. But as Alain darted to grab the green-haired woman from most certainly getting an iron-filled red hair dye, it began. It starts to spray all over her, and Alain as well. He brought up his right hand to his face to block the blood from getting into his mouth, as he had no idea what kind of freaky diseases this guy had. From the spaces in between his fingers—and he did hear her scream, ow—Alain saw Serenity just... run out of the room. And then out of the house. Carl was done for... but just to be safe, Alain swiftly jabbed the end of his sabre's sheath into the space between his ankle and leg, separating the two.

Now his chase began. Alain tossed the sabre aside, following Serenity. This was a sight if anyone saw them. A blood-covered woman in a nightgown screaming and then a toga-wearing male chasing after her, also covered in blood. They were just asking to be arrested. "Serenity!" He yelled out her name to see if she would stop... but she wouldn't. He could barely see her with the visibility as it was... but he also wouldn't let her get out of his sight. So he sped up, trying to keep his footing on this slippery ground. He fell once, getting covered in mud, but quickly stood back up. He'd definitely be buying her a new blanket.

When he finally met up with her, Serenity screamed and then fell. Considering the danger of being out in the cold, Alain had to get that blood off of her. He'd be buying her a new nightgown too, probably. But... he didn't at first. Instead, he leaned her back up, placing her head over one of his shoulders. He held her tightly... comforting her. He was just a stranger, but... he knew how hard it was to see something that gruesome. He was desensitized to it, unfortunately. He wouldn't shed a tear over it. "It'll go away. It'll all go away." He just held her tightly... making sure that she knew she was safe now. Ah... It's fifty-one, now...

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:57 pm

Serenity was sorta gone. Even if she was in his sight, she couldn't stop running. When she heard him yell out to her, she didn't hear his voice, she heard Carl's. It only frightened her more. When she finally stopped after falling and trying to get the blood off of her, she had not expected Alain to show up. When he did, she looked at him with the same expression of fear that she had looked at Carl with. Once she realized it was him and not Carl, that expression dropped and she began to cry harder. She felt his arms wrap around her and her head ended up on his shoulder. Her body was shaking horribly and it wasn't because of the cold. Serenity had never been so frightened in her life. Her heart was racing and she felt so tense. The image of Carl and the blood splattering all over her was almost too much to deal with. It was taking all of the strength she had at the moment not to just faint into Alain's arms.

"It'll go away. It'll all go away." he said and Serenity brought her arms up to wrap around him as well. She was still shaking a lot and it still wasn't just from the cold. She was having a panic attack and it wasn't something that was going to go away easily. "W-Why did this happen?" she asked, as if he knew the answer to that, "Why wouldn't he listen to me?! He was usually so nice..." It only made Serenity cry more as she stumbled over her words. Her breathing was becoming slightly labored because of how much crying she was doing. "I-Is... h-he dead?" she raised her head and looked up, straight into Alain's eyes, her arms still wrapped around his back. She was practically begging for him to tell her that he'd be okay, but she knew the truth. Alain did what he felt he had to do to protect the both of them. She understood that, even if it did make her lose a friend.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:17 pm

Alain could feel Serenity's heartbeat. It was so erratic and fast... But that was to be expected. Not many people ever experience someone getting killed right in front of them. But she finally had that awful, dreadful, terrible experience. It wasn't like seeing someone after they died—prettied up for a funeral. This was seeing someone have the life slowly fade from them. You'd expect to be able to poke them with a stick or throw water on them and they'd shoot up. But... no. Carl was going to die. By this time, Carl probably was already dead.

"W-Why did this happen?" Her voice trembled, her face drenched in tears. She held onto him like he held onto her. He would not let her go. Sometimes you needed to give someone space... but... sometimes you have to chase. You have to be there. You have to be silent and be the ear they can speak into. ". . ." Say not a word, but take in every word you hear. Alain needed her to calm down. No, Serenity needed herself to calm down, but that wasn't going to happen without someone being there for her. And Alain decided to be that pillar of support. He decided to take that weight, the weight of one more person, onto his metaphorical back. For now, the two were still front-to-front.

"Why wouldn't he listen to me?! He was usually so nice..." Alain still said nothing. He hadn't even noticed he was getting drenched in this rain. For him, it was like there was no rain. He was so focused on comforting her... that his environment was nothing but a sheet of white around the duo. ". . ." And then... she looked into his eyes. He knew the question that was to come. Ah, the question that was the worst in his mind. "I-Is... h-he dead?" He'd rather forget someone's name and have to ask them again. He'd rather be asked what size underwear he wore. He'd rather be asked how many women he's slept with. But not this. He hated this. ". . ."

Alain thought... If I tell her, she'll cry harder. But he was having an argument with himself, so there was a contrary opinion. If I don't, it'll only be keeping her from an obvious truth she'll find out. Carl was dead. That much was a certainty. There was no reason for Alain to think otherwise, and there was no reason why Carl would be able to move at all. From having both of his arms' arteries severed, he had already bled out by now. It was impossible for him to ever hurt anyone again. And Alain knew... Carl probably didn't really want to hurt anyone. He just... had problems. "Tell me..." Alain looked right back at her, water dripping from his hair onto her face. "...his last name." An odd request, deflecting the question. "I will always remember it." He did not sound proud of that. Rather, he sounded almost... sad. He didn't want to kill Carl, but he did. He had killed fifty-one people.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:52 pm

Alain wasn't answering her questions, but she could understand why. Who knew the answer to them? It wasn't something that you could just judge. Carl had snapped. He allowed himself to be thrown into a jealous rage after seeing Serenity sit and talk happily with another man. He couldn't take it, and so he snapped enough to threaten her life. And now he was dead. Serenity knew that by the lack of an answer received from Alain. The horrible part about this was that she didn't know if she could go home. She now had a large dead man bleeding out over her floor. Her home was gone, there was no way she could go back there. And realizing this now, she was screwed. She didn't have time to think much on it because Alain spoke up and asked her a strange question. "Tell me... his last name." Alain said and Serenity shook her head in confusion. What did that have to do with this? A man was dead, so why did his last name matter to Alain? "I will always remember it." Alain explained and Serenity's eyes widened slightly in shock.

"Macek... Carl Macek." she told him, her eyes not looking away from his own. There was a sadness in his eyes that she couldn't tear away from. She was locked in a sort of trance when looking at him. There was something much deeper to this sadness, something that hurt him. When she saw that, Serenity almost couldn't control her own body. She removed her arms from his back and pushed herself up to stand on her knees to make herself a little taller. She then raised her arms, moving them over his shoulders, and leaned into him, lacing herself around his head and shoulders, pretty much pulling him into her. (Example) "I'm sorry..." she said in a whisper and squeezed a little tighter, "I'm so sorry. If it wasn't for me, this never would have happened. You were protecting me. Because of you, I am alive and I am grateful for that, but I'm so sorry that you had to kill someone to do it." Serenity was obviously unaware of his previous killings, but that didn't matter. Even if he had told her about them, the fact that he had to take another life to protect her own would make her feel just as, if not more, guilty than she did now.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:37 pm

"Macek... Carl Macek." He sounded like a bad businessman that would piss off people across a certain country. But Alain had no idea of his personal life. And he... honestly did not care to learn of it. He had taken his life, but Alain wasn't going to dedicate his own life to understanding one as pathetic as Carl's seemed to be. "I'm sorry..." ...Sorry? What did she have to be sorry about? "I'm so sorry. If it wasn't for me, this never would have happened. You were protecting me. Because of you, I am alive and I am grateful for that, but I'm so sorry that you had to kill someone to do it."

That was the first time someone had said that to him. No one had said that they were sorry that he had to kill someone. The people who were still alive after he had saved them had always thanked him for saving them. Not one said they regretted that he had to kill someone. He didn't even regret having to kill someone. He could not regret it. Alain broke the grip she had on him. He stood up, reversing the tables. Not she was pulled tightly into his semi-muscular, toga-clad chest. He would look out across the rainy landscape, patting the top of her head. "No... it is not your fault. It is not my fault. I don't even think it is the fault of Carl Macek. No... It was simply a bad inevitability. Something could have been different..."

"Such as something in his life that may have changed the way he saw you. Or maybe I would have decided not to take a walk. Maybe. Maybe. But this... happened. There is no way of saying it didn't. It did. And we... no, I... will have to live with the fact that I have taken his life." That semi-sadness he had now was not stronger, but it was not weaker. It... changed, frankly. It was now more of a responsibility than it was something to be sad about. "You... you're not going to be able to return to that house, are you?" A bit of a stupid question. Most people never return to that house... but... he had to ask.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:06 pm

Serenity's apology was sincere. The guilt she felt over Alain actually having to take a life in order to protect her actually bothered her quite a lot. Even with the image of blood splashing all over her, the flopping around of an arm, and Carl calling out for her help repeating in her mind, it was some how overwhelmed by her want to comfort Alain. He didn't even need comforting. He was taking this a million times better than Serenity ever could. And as he went to stand, she loosened her grip on him. She looked up to him and went to stand as well, but felt her body suddenly pulled against his own. She let out a short gasp as their bodies met and soon found herself laying her head onto his chest. "No... it is not your fault. It is not my fault. I don't even think it is the fault of Carl Macek. No... It was simply a bad inevitability. Something could have been different..." Inevitable? Was this really going to happen one way or another? Serenity closed her eyes and began to tremble again. "Such as something in his life that may have changed the way he saw you. Or maybe I would have decided not to take a walk. Maybe. Maybe. But this... happened. There is no way of saying it didn't. It did. And we... no, I... will have to live with the fact that I have taken his life."

And with that, Serenity stopped her shaking. She leaned her head back to look up at him and just stared for a moment. "No." she told him, "You're not going to shoulder this on your own! It wasn't your fault, so why should you have to burden it?!" Serenity raised her voice a little bit, but she wasn't exactly yelling. She stepped back and stomped her foot in anger, unsure of anyway else to show her anger. "If you hadn't done what you did, I would be in a place I don't even want to imagine. If I hadn't done what I did, he wouldn't have gotten the chance to grab me. There is no way I will let you put all of this on yourself!!! It is not happening and it is not fair!" Serenity turned away from him, flinching as another roar of thunder crashed in the sky over the forest. The rain wasn't stopping, but it was slowing down enough to see a little more around them. "You didn't have to save me. You chose to. I am not gonna choose to let you carry such a burden on your own. I can't..." Serenity said and then lowered her head enough to allow her bangs to fall over her eyes, "It was my fault... I know that. I was told of his tendencies and I was warned of his jealousy and violent behavior, but I let him come around anyway. I thought people just didn't understand him. I thought he just needed a friend, but no. He even threatened to kill me. My foolishness... it put us in this situation and for that I truly am sorry."

Serenity turned away from him, looking back toward the direction of her home with an upset expression. She lowered her head again and fought more tears. "I need to stop crying..." she thought and wiped some water from her face. "You... you're not going to be able to return to that house, are you?" he said and she turned her head back toward him. "I have to. It's my home." she said and forced up an overly fake smile. Serenity suddenly became shaky again, but this time it was because of the cold. She turned fully toward him and looked at the blanket and then at her nightgown. She smiled, and then giggled, and then she began to laugh a little. "We're a mess, aren't we?" she said and tried rubbing some of the mud off of the nightgown. She was seemingly taking everything well. She was doing her best to keep calm and try to think of what she was going to do now. She really didn't want to go back to the house, but she might have to. "I guess... we... h-have to go... do something... about... that." Serenity blinked a couple times. Her tone was off, way, way, way off. It wasn't something she'd ever speak like. So, she began walking back toward the house with a blank expression.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:06 pm

"No. You're not going to shoulder this on your own! It wasn't your fault, so why should you have to burden it?!" ...He never thought of that. It wasn't his fault... for any of the crimes he's committed. Not one of them. But... he still took their lives. He had to remember them. Otherwise... no one would. He had to bear that burden. Until she took a life, she wouldn't understand. "If you hadn't done what you did, I would be in a place I don't even want to imagine. If I hadn't done what I did, he wouldn't have gotten the chance to grab me. There is no way I will let you put all of this on yourself!!! It is not happening and it is not fair!" He didn't want to know what kind of play Count Carlcula had that he would have taken her to. But she was getting upset with him. And to a degree, she was right. But... no, she wasn't completely right. "You didn't have to save me. You chose to. I am not gonna choose to let you carry such a burden on your own. I can't..."

"It was my fault... I know that. I was told of his tendencies and I was warned of his jealousy and violent behavior, but I let him come around anyway. I thought people just didn't understand him. I thought he just needed a friend, but no. He even threatened to kill me. My foolishness... it put us in this situation and for that I truly am sorry." Alain sighed and patted the top of her head thrice. "You're too nice of a person..." Alain had the same empty smile she would later put on. "It wasn't your fault for wanting to befriend him to help him. It wasn't your fault for him thinking it meant more. I don't know why he did things like that... and it seems like you don't either. Don't blame yourself on it. Please. This isn't my fault either, I know that... but I was the one that ended his life... that's why I'm taking the burden."

"I have to. It's my home." True... but also not true. "No, it's a house. Home is wherever you make it. If you want another house near here, I will build it myself. If you need somewhere to stay for a while..." He paused for a moment, scratching his chin. "...my house does have a spare bedroom or two. Unless you'd rather be in the master bedroom with me." He made an empty joke to try to lighten the mood. "We're a mess, aren't we?" He chuckled a bit. He had ruined this blanket... but it made a nice toga.

"I guess... we... h-have to go... do something... about... that." Although she was right about there needed to be something done about the lumberjack lying dead in her living room... She couldn't be involved in the cleanup. No, that wouldn't do. He couldn't let her do that. "There is no 'we' to that. I'll do it. I don't want you getting involved in something like this any more than you already have." Alain would probably physically force her from helping him dispose of the body. This was because he'd have to use his magic and slowly grind away until Count Chocula became Boo-berry. As they approached the house, Alain put his hand out to tell her to stop where she could not see in. "Stay here... it'll be over shortly." And then, he opened the door...

"Holy mother of Rydia..." Alain exclaimed, quite within Serenity's hearing distance. Inside... there was no blood. There was no Carl. Even the arm was gone. But etched where Carl's body was... IM SORRY. I DIDNT MEAN FOR THIS TO HAPPEN. WE CAN STILL BE FRIENDS, RIGHT? ...this guy... survived? Or did someone get his body? ...and that's when Alain noticed that his sabre was sticking into the floor, making the period for the question mark. He darted out to see if Serenity was still there. And she was. Although there was one huge load off of his back, there was a new one that weighed just as heavy...

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:32 pm

Alain was just as stubborn as she was! He began patting her head a few times and she just stared up at him in confusion. "You're too nice of a person..." he said and she blushed a little. The blush faded quite quickly. The situation they were in didn't exactly allow her mind to stay in a place that would allow her to blush. "It wasn't your fault for wanting to befriend him to help him. It wasn't your fault for him thinking it meant more. I don't know why he did things like that... and it seems like you don't either. Don't blame yourself on it. Please. This isn't my fault either, I know that... but I was the one that ended his life... that's why I'm taking the burden." Serenity couldn't say much more. Well, she could, but she chose not to. It didn't seem like he was going to listen to her anyway, so there was no point in trying. It's not like she was going to just stop caring and be like "yep, your fault". No. She would carry the burden as well, even if he didn't want her to. This wasn't something that just went away because someone said it could.

"Why does he want to burden himself with something like this?" she thought to herself, her gaze to the floor as she clenched her fists extremely tight out of her own frustration. And so she decided to turn herself toward home. "No, it's a house. Home is wherever you make it. If you want another house near here, I will build it myself. If you need somewhere to stay for a while..." "If that's the case, then I don't have a home." she mumbled a bit. "...my house does have a spare bedroom or two. Unless you'd rather be in the master bedroom with me." he brought up and caught her off guard. She looked up toward him, then blinked a couple times. "Did you just give me an offer to come live with you?" she asked before the two began making their way back to the house, Serenity in her strange mood.

"There is no 'we' to that. I'll do it. I don't want you getting involved in something like this any more than you already have." he said. Serenity wanted to argue. She wanted to make him realize that she wasn't some porcelain doll. Sure, death and killing were not something she easily accepted, but it happened, as he chose to put it. There was no going around that. There was a dead man laying in her house and something would have to be done. And even though she truly did want to argue with him, she held back. She kept quiet and did as he said when he told her to stay outside while he went in. As he did, she leaned her head back and closed her eyes, allowing the rain to fall onto her delicate skin. She enjoyed the feeling of water on her and could get lost in it. This time she would not get lost because she heard Alain speak out. "Holy mother of Rydia..." he said and her head dropped to normal and looked toward him in fear and confusion. "Wh-What?!" she said loud enough for him to hear through the hissing of the rain. When Alain came out, she looked at him with a horrified expression and then began making her way toward the house. "What happened?!" she asked him again, her heart beginning to race.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:34 am

"Did you just give me an offer to come live with you?" Well... he was somewhat serious. He did have two spare bedrooms and his bed was big enough for two people. "And if I did, what would you say?" Although it was somewhat of a joke, he had no idea it would possibly come to being serious.

"Wh-What?!" Serenity replied to his outburst. She began to move towards the house. Alain wanted to stop her... but there wasn't a point. Carl wasn't there. There was no blood. It was... weird. "What happened?!" How should he know? The two were still covered in mud, but there were no footprints leading out of the house. Yet there was still signs that the struggle did happen. The window was smashed, rocks were thrown about, and the food was all missing.

Wait...
    Alain knew he hadn't finished his roll. So where was it? He looked underneath things to make sure it wasn't there. And it wasn't. His roll, like the body, had disappeared. "I... I don't know how to say this." He turned back to her, his eyes almost as wide as possible. "Carl's body... is gone." He moved out the way so she could see in. And sure enough... nothing. "His body, the blood, his arm... all gone." Alain didn't even see any blood on his sabre. "And there's a message that was scratched in with something, probably my sabre..." And then came the note... "'I'm sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen. We can still be friends, right?' is what it says."

Frankly, this weirded Alain out. SOMETHING happened in here. But now... other than the broken things, there was no evidence it had happened. He kept an eye around the rooms to make sure no one was hiding... but from where he was, there wasn't anything out of the ordinary... except the note and the lack of a giant lumberjack-amputee. This bothered him a lot. She obviously wasn't safe here, even if Alain left. The next guy could be a scarf-wearing, ponytail-clad pansy who didn't know what to do when it came to Count Chocula there. And if Carl WAS somehow alive, then how do you explain the lack of blood? Someone had been in here. Someone had done this... but who? "I... don't think you should stay here for a couple of nights." His concern for her was apparent. He looked right into her eyes when he said that. Something was off, and he wasn't going to let it hurt her again.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:11 am

"And if I did, what would you say?" he asked and she looked away to think. "I... don't know. I haven't lived with anyone for a long time." she said in a saddened tone, "And honestly... I can't tell whether you're serious or not, so I'd rather not think about it." She was being honest. All today she had been teased, pushed to blushing, and joked with. All of it was kind and playful stuff, but she honestly didn't know when he was serious and when he wasn't. She didn't know him well enough. It might of even hurt his feelings a bit for her to say something like that, but it also hurt her to think that he might just be joking. "I... I don't know how to say this." Serenity just stared at him tensely waiting, "Carl's body... is gone." Serenity's face dulled and then confusion. "Gone?" she repeated and then he moved to the side to allow her to see. And when she did, she didn't know what to think.

"... I-I... don't understand. Where could he he have gone?" she said while stepping up to the house, but then stopped before she could see anything more. She was a little fearful about entering the house than she felt she should be. "His body, the blood, his arm... all gone. And there's a message that was scratched in with something, probably my sabre..." Alain explained and Serenity felt sick to her stomach. "A note?" she asked. "'I'm sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen. We can still be friends, right?' is what it says." he said and Serenity glanced away. "I can't be friends with someone who threatened to kill me." she said, mostly to herself. Shockingly, Serenity wasn't even confused by the situation. Her naivety was telling her that Carl snapped out of whatever mindset he was in, somehow cleaned up his mess with no arms, and then left. The fact was, Serenity was in denial and once she realizes that what she was assuming was impossible, there will likely be a few issues. One of those likely being a mental breakdown.

"I... don't think you should stay here for a couple of nights." he said. Serenity wasn't able to keep looking at him for a reason that she didn't understand, though it was because of her obvious denial. She looked to the left and toward the ground, fiddling with her fingers in front of her stomach. "... I don't have anywhere else to go, Alain." she said in probably the most serious tone she's spoken in this night, "I have no family, no real friends, no money, no clothes, no house, and no home." She had apparently forgotten about calling him a friend earlier and it was possible that it'd be hurtful when that was said, but she didn't mean it that way. She was more depressed over the situation and felt like everything had just been taken from her. And since Alain didn't exactly call her a friend back, what was she to assume? He also pretty much told her that this place was just a house, not her home, so now she felt like she didn't really have one. "I don't know what to do anymore..." she stood there, pretty much hugging herself and hanging her head. The fact was, Serenity was hurting in more ways than one...
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:33 pm

"... I don't have anywhere else to go, Alain. I have no family, no real friends, no money, no clothes, no house, and no home." ...Where could she go? Alain figured she wasn't necessarily "friends" with the villagers, but they'd know her. And at the same time, they'd know Carl. Word travels fast in a small town, and not everyone would avoid the lumberjack-vampire. And someone was trying to cover this up... so there's something off about this quiet little town, but it wasn't Alain's place to look into it.

"I don't know what to do anymore..." And then it hit him. "Well, if you don't know—how about I throw a choice at you?" He reached over and laid his hand on her shoulder. He looked at her with the most serious eyes he could—without it being comical. He was not joking this time around. "Although that offer before was a joke, now it's not. At least until I can figure out what happened here. I live far enough out no one will see you, but close enough to Rydian that in case something did happen..." Alain paused in his mind. What if something else happened to her? Would he feel responsible for it? What if her coming to Colburn just caused worse problems...? But then again, if she were still out here... Alain couldn't just come rescue her. It was a 4-hour ride by horse to this village... Her best bet was to come to Colburn in Alain's eyes. "I'd be a short phone call away. Because the way things are, the villagers would not know you were in any sort of trouble until it was far too late. And I don't want anything else to happen to you."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:04 pm

"Well, if you don't know—how about I throw a choice at you?" he said and placed a hand on her shoulder. She looked up to him with a defeated expression and waited for the choice. She could tell by the way he was acting that he really was serious too. "Although that offer before was a joke, now it's not. At least until I can figure out what happened here. I live far enough out no one will see you, but close enough to Rydian that in case something did happen..." Serenity looked away and thought to herself for a moment. Would this be a good idea? It's been quite a long time since she lived with someone. And she's never lived with a man before. Well, at least she wouldn't be alone? That's a good thing, but she still wasn't sold on the idea. He worked, so she'd be alone in a place she did not know for most of the time she was there. "I don't know..." she said with a skeptical tone. "I'd be a short phone call away. Because the way things are, the villagers would not know you were in any sort of trouble until it was far too late. And I don't want anything else to happen to you."

"I-I... guess that's not a bad idea, as long as you mean it." she told him and then pushed up a small smile. And then the thunder roared again. A flash of lightning lit up the darkened sky. "Well we can't go anywhere tonight..." she said and then hurried inside the house. When she did, she stopped near the couch and just stood there. A few minutes ago, someone was dead right in the room. How could she even deal with sleeping here tonight? And if he wasn't dead, wouldn't he return? Serenity stood there, her clothes and hair dripping from the rain soaking her. She was shivering again, but who wouldn't dressed in that. "What time is it?" she asked and looked to Alain. She was feeling tired. Everything that happened today wore her out.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:47 pm

"I don't know..." Alain wouldn't forcefully push her into it. It was a serious suggestion, but if she didn't want to go there it wouldn't happen. He hated that she couldn't stay in her own, quaint little house. She would impose on him at all. There was plenty of room for her to be alone in the house if she didn't feel like seeing Alain's handsome face, and there was more than one bedroom—although he wasn't done removing his old bed from his childhood out of one room so she probably wouldn't be too comfortable. Well... she was kinda short, so it wouldn't be too bad...

"I-I... guess that's not a bad idea, as long as you mean it." He smiled a bit and removed his hand from her shoulder. "I mean it as seriously as I possibly can." It was a relief. He didn't know who all knew-knew her in this village, so frankly he couldn't really trust them to look after her. "Well we can't go anywhere tonight..." That was definitely true. It had slacked off earlier, but now it was coming down hard and the thunder and lightning were returning in full-force. He'd definitely be staying the night here even if it weren't for the weather, but this gave him a good excuse.

"What time is it?" ...That was a damn good question. Alain looked around and didn't see a clock... It may have been knocked over when Carl attacked. "I'm not sure, let me go check." So he decided to go check his phone, which was lying on the bathroom counter. He flipped it on, messaging one of his coworkers to tell them he'd be out tonight but would be there in the morning. It was still early, only 6:03, but it would be too dark to travel soon, so he was definitely staying the night here. "Hmm, it seems to only be slightly past six." He didn't know if she had asked because she liked knowing the time or maybe she was getting a little sleepy.

Unfortunately, Alain was not getting tired at all. "Unfortunately all this excitement today has only ramped up my adrenaline." He let out a dry chuckle. "So, is there anything you want to do for the time being?" He wasn't trying to keep her up if she happened to be sleepy, but he'd need to get his clothes before he could sleep... "Ah, I hate to bring it up, but are my clothes dry?" He wasn't going to sleep in the nude, so he needed something to cover up with. He also had an idea, since perhaps she was out of clothing too...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 11:20 pm