Auroran Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
Flash in the Dark [Closed] EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
Flash in the Dark [Closed] EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
Flash in the Dark [Closed] EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
Flash in the Dark [Closed] EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
Flash in the Dark [Closed] EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Schnockles

» The Deflowering [Closed]
Flash in the Dark [Closed] EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Schnockles

» Serenity's Character List
Flash in the Dark [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
Flash in the Dark [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
Flash in the Dark [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 20 registered users

The newest registered user is Illthion

2 posters

Flash in the Dark [Closed]

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Flash in the Dark [Closed] Empty Flash in the Dark [Closed]

Post by Tsubine Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:20 am

Flash in the Dark [Closed] Header4

Greenwood was behind them. It was a rather boring town for the Reaper, and he would pay it no mind. The forest ahead of the two was dense in some areas, but the worn trail they followed was rather clear. Only small sticks and the occasional rock littered the causeway. No wagons trailed behind them and they could see no sign of anyone ahead of them. In fact, it was silent.

Too silent. Ever since leaving Greenwood, the Reaper's hair was on edge. He had had many attempts on his life in the past few months, and this was starting to give him familiar vibes. And he didn't like familiar vibes like this. It meant someone wanting his blood was nearby, and that was never a good thing. Not once, not ever. And today was looking to be a fantastic day.

The Reaper signaled for Selena to be on guard. He didn't know what he was going up against. But he knew something was out there. For nearly an hour, he walked in suspicion. And the fauna was still deathly still. No birds chirped and no insects buzzed. He didn't want to call out a challenge, but he was about to be left with no choice. That was until an unfamiliar fwoop echoed from their left. The Reaper dived forward in an effort to dodge whatever it was.

Unfortunately, going ahead is never the best idea when grenades are involved. A sphere the size of a baseball landed in front of the Reaper's face as he finished his rolling dodge. The ball glittered before it shone brightly. He was only a foot away as a light which could make the sun say "Hey, that's too bright" erupted. And then... nothing.

It wasn't black. It wasn't white. It wasn't a mirror image. It was nothingness. The Reaper could not see. There weren't colors. There weren't objects. Sounds rang out around him as the birds scattered from their silent perches and hurried footsteps broke through the underbrush. But he couldn't see. He couldn't see the path in front of him, and worse yet, he couldn't see his attackers.

He stood there in shock as flashbacks were the only thing that filled his vision. He didn't want to remember the incident that gave him the scars. Sweat, not from the heat, beaded down his neck. His empty eyes stared into the distant abyss. Men in heavy armor emerged from the treeline—swords and bows at the ready. A man in red armor walked out in front of the Reaper, a bandolier with similar spheres crossing his chest. "Well, well, well. Looks like the Reaper is about to be... reaped." He looked out to his comrades, expecting a laugh.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Flash in the Dark [Closed] Empty Re: Flash in the Dark [Closed]

Post by Serenity Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:38 am

Flash in the Dark [Closed] Header3_zps6e4384fb

Greenwood was not as boring of a town for Selena as it was for J. She understood, it wasn't his thing, so she too was glad to be out of there. There was only so much super bored Repear that she could take. The walk through the forests felt calm and relaxing for her. She felt no sense of danger, but rarely did she ever. Her senses locked in on what she could see and she only saw the wildlife. Repear seemed to feel something completely different and signaled her to be on guard. Her guard came up quickly and she readied herself. Was someone out there? She couldn't tell. Beyond the normal wildlife, she wasn't able to see anything. For an hour, nothing changed and she ended up slowly lowering her guard. If nothing was going to attack by now, there was no point in being fully alert.

Selena was confused as hell when Reaper suddenly went charging forward. She could tell he was dodging something, but what? She didn't get to see it until it hit the ground about a foot away from his face. She looked around rapidly. "Where is it coming from!? Where? Where?!" she thought, still not seeing it. Finally a few sounds of clanking armor hit her ear, but she couldn't get a location. "They're in the air..." she thought, wanting to curse them for it, but funnily enough they landed, surrounding the two of them. She could tell by the way they were all standing, they were ignoring her. When the man spoke up with a very stupid pun, she raised an eyebrow and put her hands on her hips. At this point, two chains she once had had vanished and no one had gotten the chance to notice.

Wondering exactly what he'd want her to do, she looked toward Reaper and noticed something was odd. He wasn't moving. He didn't even seem to realize that they had been surrounded. Something was way, way off and she needed to deal with this now. "You're too close. Back away from him." she spoke up toward them, catching their attention and causing them to stop their obnoxious laughter, "I won't give a second warning." The men blinked at her and then asked the boss who the chick was. "None of your business, now get away from him." The men laughed at her, looking at her as if they didn't take her seriously. One of them stepped toward her, saying he could take care of the her for the boss. Selena began tapping her foot, looking like an impatient woman, but that wasn't the case.

Selena was getting a layout of everything around her, taking control over anything she could get a vibration through, and readying an attack. Even though one of the subordinates came toward her, the leader pointed a hand crossbow at Reaper. As he lined up his aim, the handle to one of her chains shot out of the ground and through the crossbow, breaking it into many pieces. It continued it's path and curled around toward Reaper. On the opposite side, the other chain shot out and copied what the first was doing until they both wrapped around him two times each. Like a spider, the chains acted as legs and shot up toward the top of a tree, pulling Reaper up with them as quickly as possible so no one could take a shot at him. "I won't let you get to him, so either leave or die here today."

Selena usually wouldn't have given them an ultimatum, but she wanted to know what was wrong with Reaper. The chains now acted like snakes, ready to strike at anything that Selena would deem way too close. Her concentration was at an all time high right now; nothing could get to either of them. "Fine." she said since none of them seemed to answer. The ground began to shake, as if an earthquake was taking place. The men looked around and then back to her in shock. She kept tapping her foot, her gaze staring off in a random direction as she concentrated on what was happening. To keep Reaper balanced, she also had one chain wrap around the trunk of the tree and sort of anchor him there. The men freaked out and went to run, but as they did, their death came without mercy.

Condensed earth shot from the ground in the form of thin spikes, firing up through the torso's of each man. A few survived, their armor making that possible, but they still fell. As they did, the earth they landed on seemed to come alive and wrap around their bodies before pulling them deep, deep underground to suffocate and die. Once this was done, Selena took a deep breath to calm herself down. A moment later, the chains would move Reaper back down to her and she'd hurry to his side. "J..." she knelt down next to him and put a hand on the side of his face, her expression full of worry, "They're gone... J, what happened? You... just froze up. Why didn't you move?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Humor : "Then just like before: the only way to steal is to steal from the mafia!"

Post by Tsubine Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:00 am

The Reaper had no idea what was going on. He could hear it all. Where was everyone? Why was there hostility? No, not why. How. Where. When. Those were what he needed to ask himself. And for once, the Reaper could not produce an answer. No matter what he asked himself, it was just fuzz. You might hear a "Please call again later" or the whirring creaks and hisses of dial-up. But what you didn't hear was the Reaper.

He was doing his best to breathe, his face never moving from the ground. He focused hard on trying to see, but nothing. He was helpless. He was alone. No, he was surrounded by people. He could hear them. But he couldn't see them. And worse, he didn't know if they saw him. He couldn't make out a single word they spoke. It was all muffled. Not because his hearing was harmed, but because he was trying to see too hard.

The Reaper jolted as Selena's chains wrapped around him. His gaze finally left the ground, and he instead tried to see what was around him. But still, nothing. He wanted to feel his eyes, make sure they were still there. But he couldn't he was cocooned in the tree. He could hear combat down beneath him, but he wanted to see it.

For fuck's sake, he just wanted to see.

The next thing he knew, he was being lowered. It was gentle, meaning Selena was still alive. He tried to look in her direction, but he couldn't tell where she was. He didn't dare try to stand up. "Why didn't you move?" The Reaper stared at the woman's voice. "Selena. Are my eyes still there? Are they injured?" Upon hearing her response, he looked down. Well, what he thought was down. "My vision is gone. I may have been too close to that flashbang... but the cause is irrelevant right now. I can see nothing."

The Reaper looked back to where he thought she was. "I need to get to a doctor. Selena... I ask of you to help me there." He was worried. Ever so slightly showing, but it was still visible. He didn't like this. He would not like this.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:29 am

When she got to him, she pulled her bag of gear off of her shoulder and set it to the side. He asked her a question that confused her, but she would answer it. "One second..." she said softly. She couldn't see and he should understand what she was doing. She reached into her bag, pulled out those glasses of hers, and took a deep breath before putting them on. A few grunts of pain could be heard as her Arcana was forced from her eyes and away from her head. She was dizzy for a moment, but she wiped her eyes to quickly adjust and looked toward him. His eyes seemed fine. "J... Your eyes are fine, they're there and uninjured." she told him, still worried. He was actually kind of scaring her. When he spoke up again, Selena closed her eyes and bit her bottom lip out of pure anger.

Then he asked her for help; she knew that was one hell of a leap of faith. He had never actually asked for help, she pretty much forced it on him. When he said that, she felt her heart skip a beat and a new found determination quickly built up within her. She nodded and then rolled her eyes at herself. He was like she normally was, he couldn't see. Nodding did nothing. "Of course, I'll get you there, I swear." Selena said and pulled her glasses off faster than she normally would. She clenched her jaw instead of sounding out any pain and tossed them back into their case in the bag. She pulled the bag back over her shoulder and even took his. "Do you want to go back to Greenwood or keep along this path until we find another town?" she asked him, wondering how quickly he wanted this done.

"You're going to have to trust me... a hell of a lot more than you've trust anyone in years." she said as friendly as possible, helping him to his feet, "If your sight is lost for any extended amount of time..." She hesitated and looked away from him. She hoped to god he wouldn't have to deal with this, especially since his wasn't any of his power awakening. He wouldn't be able to adjust like she was. Taking a deep breath, she spoke up again, but much calmer. "There are a lot of things you're going to need help with. Something as simple as walking along a path..." she put a hand on his shoulder and sighed, "You'll drive yourself mad if you think for even a moment that I might walk you off a cliff or into any kind of danger. I won't... So let's go." Selena slid her hand into his and held on tight.

Once she got him away from the trees, she'd begin leading him in the direction he would have said he wanted to go, whether along the path or back toward Greenwood. She'd do her best to keep him from tripping over any roots, stepping on larger rocks, or running into any trees. She kept him on the path and kept him close. She made sure her chains were firmly wrapped around him as well. Even though it probably didn't have the same effect, the chains made her feel safer. Having something strong and stable wrapped around you in an unstable world helped some people keep calm. Any time he may have tripped or lost his balance, those same chains would keep him steady. Although he was walking on his own, they acted as a crutch; the moment he needed it, they'd stiffen and keep him up.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:27 am

"Whichever will be faster." The Reaper's voice was starting to well with frustration. The Reaper reaped. He didn't stumble around, looking for something. He knew where death was needed, and he traveled there. But not now, the Reaper tried to stand up. It's hard to determine where you are if you can't see anything. But his eardrums were fine. He still had balance. Balance was his saving grace, but he still needed help. Selena helped him up.

The Reaper exhaled. God dammit, he was not meant to be this fucking helpless. He shouldn't need help just standing. But he did. Maybe this was His way of telling the Reaper his job was done. No, that couldn't be. "I know you won't do something like that." The Reaper responded to her. That was the only thing he said to her about 'trust.' "You could have easily killed me while I stood there in shock. You didn't. You won't walk me off a cliff." He never once uttered the word 'trust,' but the meaning was clear. It was the closest thing to him saying that as he was going to get.

Even though she guided him, it was still weird. "One moment." He asked and they stopped. He felt down his coat sleeve... and tore a good section off. He did his best to tie a knot, and made himself a makeshift blindfold. "Let's move." He didn't offer an explanation as to why he did it. He didn't even know why, truthfully. It just felt right. The Reaper kept his arms close to his body. He didn't try to reach out to grab anything. He just trusted Selena.

Upon reaching the village, they were able to get the attention of a doctor. He examined Reaper's eyes. "Hmmmm... I think they'll be fine. They still react to light, so that's a good sign. I think he had a good idea, putting that blindfold on. I'd say give it... a week or two before your eyesight returns. Any idea ho—" The Reaper stood up, interrupting the doctor. "Thank you for your services." He motioned for Selena to lead him out.

The two went to a bench and sat down. "Selena, long distance travel would strain you in leading me around. However, I have a contact in about two day's hike from here. We can rest at his safe house, and there I can recuperate." The Reaper placed his hand on hers. "I need you to lead me there. It is safe there."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:31 pm

Whatever one was faster? Alright then. Greenwood it is. She knew where Greenwood was at, so she could navigate there quickly and easily. She had no idea what wrong turn might lead them on the worst path. Selena wanted to make sure Reaper was okay and that's what she was going to do. And thought he never said it, he implied his trust in her. He 'knew' she'd never walk him off a cliff, huh? That was a level of trust he seemed to not be able to admit to himself. Sometime during their travel, they did stop and he put a blindfold on. She was about to offer her own blindfold when she realized how weird that would look and just let him do what he was doing. Once he was done, the two were on their way, hurrying through the forest at whatever speed they were able to move until they arrived.

When they got there, Selena made sure to get the attention of a doctor and brought him to Reaper in a hurry. She was pacing the entire time, hoping that Reaper wouldn't be blinded. The doctor said things would be okay, so Selena sighed in relief. Before he could say much more, Reaper stood and motioned for Selena to help him out. She quickly moved over to him, tossed five gold to the doc, and hurried along with Reaper. Once she got him to the bench, he explained what he wanted her to do and was actually a little worried about the plan. "J... I don't know if that's the best idea..." she said softly, "Unless you can give me the perfect set of directions toward your contact, with you not being able to see... I fear we'd get lost and your situation would become worse... It's best to stay here."

Selena actually felt her stomach turn when disagreeing with him and wouldn't be shocked if he could tell how much it upset her. She just didn't want things getting bad for him. "If there is another city you'd be safe in... We can hire a carriage, but traveling will be difficult... very difficult." Selena continued, "If you insist, I will try my best to get you where you want to go." Selena got her answer. It was understandable that after being attacked practically right outside of this village that he wouldn't trust being here. He wanted to go somewhere that he didn't have to worry as much. "Understood." Selena said and the two continued with their travels. Selena was constantly using Arcana at this point, sending it out to make sure she had a clear view of everything and keeping her chains with Reaper.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:21 pm

Travel was slow, but it wasn't impossible. Using his own Arcana, he crafted a walking stick. Well, it was more like a walking quarterstaff. Big, long, and phallic to the point where someone would question the Reaper's compensation quota. Of course, he had no idea what shape he was putting it in. He just pictured "long rod," and even without the sexual innuendo, it was going to be a bit off.

They made camp in a clearing slightly away from the road. An overhang from a cliff helped keep them comfortable and provided a good defense for the blind man. Selena had started the fire, and he almost caught himself in the fire soon after it started. He backed away and kept a back against the wall. Selena prepared a meal of a vegetable stew over the flames.

The Reaper did his best. The first spoon spilled its contents on the ground. The second almost made it to him, but his nose was not the proper receptacle for food. His brows furrowed. He tried again. Chin tried to steal his food, but his shirt caught it instead. Once more. He got it up to his mouth perfectly... and a screech owl decided it was time to yell. The spoon emptied onto his shirt again.

The Reaper threw the steel spoon into the dirt with enough force that it impaled Mother Aurora. He shook in frustration. He wanted to eat. He could move, but was seeing that important to eating?
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:59 pm

Selena couldn't remember the last time she felt her heart sink. He really was having a hard time. She watched him almost catch himself on fire too, but he felt the heat and pulled away from it. She wasn't used to having to keep this close of watch on someone, but at the same time it was breaking her heart, it was warming it. The fact that he trusted her enough to watch his back warmed her heart. It was both a sad and precious sight all at once. And when she cooked inner, she didn't want him feeling like a baby, so she didn't offer to help him eat. When she handed him the stew, she warned him that it was hot and he ended up spilling on himself over and over again. Selena felt really bad for him. He kept trying, but with each failure he got angrier. Finally, he snapped and threw the spoon.

Selena clenched her teeth. She kinda had expected that. The spoon slammed right into her forehead and fell. Before it hit ground, she caught it and stood up. She walked over to him and set her hand on his head, gently running her fingers through his hair. She sat down next to him and sighed. "Here..." she said, placing the spoon back in his hand, "Let me guide you..." She put the bowl into his other hand and at the same time flicked the bowl and spoon with her fingertips. The vibrations started and never stopped. They continued at such a low rate that she would be able to guide him and control the path the spoon was taking. "Now, memorize it... Remember the distances each are being held and where they travel..." she explained to him, wanting him to get the rhythm down so he can do it.

"Keep repeating the motion... and you'll get used to it without your eyes."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:34 pm

The Reaper should not be helpless. The Reaper should not have to require help to simply eat, but he did. This time, he did. And it was annoying. He just wanted to be able to live alone, live without having to rely on someone else to have his back. Living with the world to his front as his enemy was the only way he knew how to live. So having someone behind him... it was not comfortable.

But thankfully, it was just one person. If it was one person behind him like that, it worked. Selena did not baby him, but instead... gave him directions. She helped guide the distance between the spoon and his mouth and the bowl. It was handy. It was... useful. The Reaper appreciated it. As he finally finished, it was him doing most of the work. He had a good guess on the distance now and tomorrow would be better.

As they bade one another goodnight, the Reaper stayed awake for a bit longer. He contemplated many things, such as why he should continue on his journey if he could not even eat right now. It annoyed him, and it bothered his sleep. He slept quite terribly, and woke up in a mood. And that doesn't mean a good mood either.

The trees in the forest around them were covered in mist... Well, not like either Selena or the Reaper cared. Mist, schmist. Selena was up before him and had set him some coffee near his bed. He could smell it, and felt the heat from the cup. He placed it up to his lips, and tried to sip—but it was too hot. He groaned and in a panic, dropped the cup. Its contents splattered on his bedroll and on his right leg. "Dammit, dammit, dammit." His teeth clenched. He hated this.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:16 pm

The morning came and Reaper was still asleep. Selena smiled softly at him and stood up. Dusting herself off, she began getting coffee ready, being as quiet as she could while doing it. Once it was set up, she placed it near him, but far enough away that he could figure it was there before accidentally knocking it over. Seeing him in this vulnerable state had been tearing her heart apart. He was always so confident, so strong, and completely independent. Sure, she hoped he'd learn to count on her more often and maybe even trust and care for her as much as she did him, but his frustration level was heartbreaking. She only hoped that his eyes would return to normal sooner rather than later.

In the morning, coffee was his thing. She didn't drink it. She preferred her water. She sat across from him on a log as he woke up. She didn't know whether saying good morning was something she wanted to do right now. She doubted he would ask for help, even if it was the smarter was to go about this, so she watched him, hoping he wouldn't mess up. It didn't happen that way. Seeing him spill it over himself, she rushed to his side and poured her cool water over his right leg to quickly cool it down. "It's okay... It's okay... calm down." she said softly, taking a thick cloth and dabbing the cooled area down to help dry him off. She looked up to him and ran her thumb along his cheek.

"This is temporary. It won't last forever... The doc said only a couple of weeks... Remember that." Selena told him, but her voice sounded off. There was a reason for this. Seeing him this bad after less than two days hurt her. She felt bad for him because he was normally the complete opposite and he obviously hated this. Yes, she was holding back a few tears for him. If he wouldn't cry, she shouldn't either. It was just much harder for her not to. "And if it takes longer than that, I'll search all of Arcadia, and farther if needed, to find you a healer. You won't be like this forever." Selena stood up and walked away. Her voice was becoming more distorted from holding back the tears.

"Alright, let's get going." she said about twenty seconds later. She began packing up their things, but poured a second cup of coffee first. This time, it was much cooler so he'd be able to drink it. Coffee usually was better hot, but he'd kind of have to deal with it for now. Once he was ready, she'd go back into concentrating on their surroundings and making their way toward his contact of his. If this was truly the one place that he felt safe, she was going to get him there no matter what.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:26 am

The Reaper just sat there, still, as Selena cleaned up after him. His knuckles were white with ire, and he just wanted to punch himself—or something. He needed to release this anger, but he couldn't do anything about it. Not even being able to simply drink something... He was worth than a horse with a broken leg. He stayed silent as Selena helped clean himself up. "You won't be like this forever."

Selena didn't understand. From what the Reaper understood, her sight loss was a gradual process. Plus, she had a way of seeing. He didn't. He had nothing. He couldn't do what she did and give a distance between two objects. He had no way of judging that. Selena tried to walk away, but the Reaper called out to her. "My mask." She gave him his mask, but he did not let her put it on. He was able to attach it just fine without assistance. It was the one thing he could do with confidence in this state.

The trip to the cabin was entering the final stretch. The forest was growing denser, but the path was looking more worn. The occasional lake-bird could be heard overhead. It sometimes caused him to tense up, but he knew that they were getting close. He told her which side path to take based on the landmarks. It veered them slightly off of the main road and farther south.

On the path there, a fruit or nut of some kind fell down from an overhanging tree. Selena didn't have time to warn him as he slipped on it. His balance was almost thrown off when her chains tightened around him. But that just caused him to spasm. He reflexively swung his walking stick towards Selena. It may not have been to hit her, but he was trying to regain his balance on his own... and it was failing.

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:37 am

The trip felt even more silent as it went on. Selena had been silent most of the time because she was concentrating, but this was different. It was like the auras around the two of them were just dead. Selena was still concentrating, but was actually forced to lessen the amount of Arcana she was using because of how dense the forest was getting. She had to keep watch, but every detail of every single thing that moved was overwhelming and giving her a headache. Because of this, the moment she lowered her damn guard, something fell and she didn't get to warn him and usually she would have. His reactions were completely understandable. As he lost his balance, he went to steady himself and the chains tried, but that damn crystal staff came slamming into Selena's face.

"Mmmmm!!!!!!!!" she clenched her jaw and yelled in pain through her nose. She dropped to her knees and hunched over, covering her face with her hands. Selena completely lost concentration and the chains dropped to the ground, allowing him to fall to the ground as well. It took a second for her to actually regain her composure. The pain took her breath away and she was hit hard enough to give her a bad bloody nose, and not an anime one either. Once she was able to think straight, she looked over to Reaper to see if he was okay. She quickly reached into her bag and pulled out a cloth, placing it against her nose to catch the blood. Slamming her hand on the ground, the vibrations went through and she was able to recollect the chains again and used them to bring Reaper to his feet.

There was a large part of her that wanted to pick on him and say 'you did that on purpose', but she knew he didn't and it'd probably just make him angrier. "L-Let's move..." she said and the two suddenly picked up their pace. Selena didn't allow him to walk any more. Instead, he was now a spider lifted about a foot off the ground and walking along that way. Selena decided then that it was time to get him to where he wasn't traveling. Maybe this contact of his could help them out. She was actually unsure of how long she would be able to handle this; not his being blind and helping him, but the constant anger and frustration he was feeling. Since she was really the only thing here, it felt like she was sort of his punching bag right now. And if that were the case, she'd need somewhere to rest too.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:39 am

He didn't mean to hit her. For once, the Reaper didn't induce hostilities on purpose. It was... argh, the Reaper had messed up. He had wronger someone. Legitimately, he hurt someone who didn't deserve it. His power wasn't to be used for that, but... This was the most frustrating thing to him so far. He groaned as he fell to the ground. It didn't hurt him physically as much as it did his pride.

Selena helped him, stand back up, but he was doing his best on his own. He was struggling with his staff, but he did eventually make it with her assistance. "Thank you..." His voice was low, ashamed of what he had done. He silently trudged ahead, being led by Selena. Well, being _walked_ by her.

"Good heaven's man, got a new ride, eh?" A voice called out ahead of them, and a man walked out. His hair was gone, and he had an iron-grey beard surrounding his scarred lips. "Not by choice. We need shelter. There's been an... incident." The man nodded. "Roger that, boss." "Selena, let me down." The Reaper requested, and once he was, he was led into the cabin. It was two-story and made of stone. It overlooked a lake, and there was a spot for a boat to be moored. The waves rocked against the shore, no boat in sight or sound.

Once they got inside, the Reaper was led to a bedroom and he laid down. "Flashbang. My eyes won't work for a a month." The Reaper placed a hand on Selena's, telling her "don't correct me." "I'm going to need to convene a meeting here in a month's time. Call the Scarecrow and Banshee here for a meeting in a month's time." The Reaper's prime asset was not going to be called in yet. The man nodded and walked out of the room. "Selena, your help has been appreciated."

"Your service to me has been noted, and I would like to offer you something." The Reaper dug around in his coat and pulled out a patch from an inside pocket. "I am offering you a position alongside me and my coworkers. The organization of Night Nine could use your skills."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:26 am

Selena was tired, but not of something. She was really just tired. The past couple of nights she had been on such a high alert that sleeping was practically impossible. She got some sleep, but not enough to be fully rested. When things went down, her reactions where a bit slower and it bothered her. Getting hit in the damn face was sort of an inevitability though. She helped him up from his fall and was thanked. This surprised her. She stared at him for a moment and then smiled, "Any time." Another two words that meant more when she said it than when any other person would have.

After a bit more travel, they finally found that place he had been talking about. At first, she was startled by the incoming voice, but realized that Reaper knew this man. Once asked, she let him down and led him into the cabin. She led him through to a bedroom and laid watched as he laid down. Realizing he was now fine and settled, she set all of their stuff to the side, wrapped one of her chains around her torso like she usually had them and set the other one down under the bed. Yes, this was another way she could protect him. Even if she were in another room, if someone tried to harm him, she could use this chain to fight from a distance and keep Reaper safe from harm.

As things were being explained, she sat down next to Reaper. She was about to correct him on something, but he grabbed her hand. Out of instinct, she sort of ended up wrapping her hands around his and held on. It was a symbol of her care for him, but also telling him that she was here. Once the man walked out of the room, Selena laid her head on the side of the bed. Reaper caused a smile to move onto her face as he announced his appreciation. And within moments, her eyes were wider than they had ever been. He was offering her a position by his side? Sure, he added the coworkers part, but that's not what she cared about. She had officially been offered a position alongside him. "Anything that will get me closer to your heart... So, yes... It'd be my honor..." she said with a giggle to follow.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:14 am

"Good. Once I can see again, I will finalize your entrance." The Reaper nodded. A few minutes passed, and he sat up in the bed. "Selena, I would like your assistance." He began to stand up, carefully judging his step down. "I would like to take a bath. It may be odd, but I would like for you to assist me. Just stand by—or in, if you prefer—the tub and hand me something I ask for. If I drop something, I would like for you to pick it up."

This was his way of asking for help. It was not "Hey, help me out in the tub." No, he had to make it sound like a process. The two argued over where to go. She didn't quite want the choice. As he was undressing, he finally sighed. "Just get in the tub. You will be closer, and therefore more apt to assist." His body was scarred and rough, and he wasn't too bad off in the man department.

He sat down in the tub and fumbled around to find the faucet. Water began flowing in, and it soon filled it. "Soap." Selena handed him the soap, and he grabbed it. He steadily washed his chest... but it then it slipped. Right out of his hand. And he heard the "bloop," and tried to feel around. But he couldn't. It was somewhere around his legs, but he wasn't able to find it. "Selena... I dropped the bar of soap. Can you find it? I can't—it seems too elusive for my hands right now."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:04 pm

"Understood." Selena was going to be a truer part of Reapers life very soon and she loved the thought of it. By inviting her to join his group, she was another step closer to fulfilling that promise of hers. She told him he would want to be friends with her. This was just proving her point. She was just another step closer to keeping that promise. It was silent for a bit, besides a tiny bit of humming Selena did. When the silence was broken, Reaper asked for her assistance again. Apparently, he had discovered his need for a bath. Selena wasn't going to say anything, so thank god he noticed it first. In fact, she could use one herself. Her out fit was just more airy than his armor was.

"Alright, I can help you out." Selena stood up and stretched a bit, following him back to the bathroom. For a few moments, the two argued about exactly what was going on. She didn't like being given this strange choice! Her first instinct was to jump into the tub with him. Even if he had given her that option, the idea of his opinion of her lowering because of some impulsive action bothered her. Finally, he just gave her an order; that was the Reaper she was used to. It took her a moment to realize what the order was though. She blinked a few times when it registered in her mind and then blushed. Before heading in, out of curiosity, she did make her way to her stuff and put on her glasses.

"Thank god he can't see right now..." Selena thought, knowing her face was probably red. As he began removing his clothes, Selena took note of all of the scars. He must have been in a lot more battles than she even imagined to get all of those. Either that, or it was a few extremely intense and difficult ones. Either way, Selena caught herself almost moving to touch his back, but pulled away before she could. Shaking her head, she removed her own clothes, not exactly shy since the man was blind at the moment. He went in first and she made sure to help him so he wouldn't slip. After he was settled, Selena stepped in and sat on the opposite end, stretching her legs out toward his side.

"Wait, shit..." she thought to herself when she realized something, "I didn't get to see it, damn it." Selena pouted momentarily, trying to glance through the water, but ended up blushing and turning away, as if he could see her. She sat there still for a while, not sure whether bathing at the same time would be okay with him. Wasn't that the point of this? Agh! She didn't know! Selena was broken from her thoughts when he spoke up and asked her to find the soap. She looked into the water and saw the white bar. "Of course, that's where it's at..." she gulped and glanced up to him, "No problem, but remember my powers are a little more difficult in water, hun." Yes, this was her excuse.

Selena reached forward and grabbed the soap. As she did this, the back of her hand rubbed along that before she brought the soap up. "Here ya go..." she reached out and grabbed his hand, placing the soap in it. The moment it was no longer in her hands, she blushed even worse. She had actually seen the lightest hint of pink appear on his face. "Oh, my god. Oh, my god." she thought when she heard the bloop again. She quickly grabbed the soap and handed it back, but he kept dropping it. Part of her wondered whether that little moment had caused him to be a little more clumsy than usual. "Cute." she thought and then picked up the soap again, "Here, let me do it for you."

Selena slid along the tub and moved to the other side. She'd help him slide forward a bit so she could get an easier reach of his back and then began to wash his back for him. She would be a liar of she said a thoughts of hugging, kissing, and full on sex with him did not pass her mind, but other thoughts that she had made her not want to disrespect him in that manner. If he wanted her in that manner, that was different, but there was no way she'd take advantage of his vulnerable state. Once she was finished, she washed wherever else he needed and then moved to her own body. Something about this actually relaxed her enough to let out a soft sigh; it was actually pretty unexpected.

"Would you like to rinse with the shower?" Selena asked and stood up. She stepped out first and set a few towels along the floor as he answered, "If you can help me with my balance, yes." Selena smiled and made sure the towels were straight. She walked over to the shower, turned it on so it'd get warm, and then went back over to him. She took the plug out of the bath to let the water run down the drain and then put her hand on his shoulder. "I put some towels on the floor, so lift your feet a bit higher while you walk." she helped him to his feet, out of the tub, and then over to the shower. She made sure he didn't trip over the slight step up into the shower and then stepped in too.

The water was already warm, so Selena made sure he was able to rinse himself well. In fact, she grabbed some shampoo and ended up instinctively helping him wash his hair as well. As she rubbed the soap into his hair, she ended up doing to him what she does to herself and massaged his scalp. "I went through this too..." she spoke up, "My sisters were sick and needed a medicine only found in Aria was their only chance... I pushed myself to the breaking point and my powers ended up activating... The adrenaline kept me going until they were safe, but the moment they were, I passed out and woke up completely blind... It took six months for my Arcana to normalize, then it took me over a year to fully understand everything I was seeing and how I was seeing it... And it took me even longer to realize I could control the movement of anything I saw... It was hard, and I got angry about it too."

Selena finished with the massage and washing of his hair and gently pushed him under the water so he could rinse, which she helped him with that too. Selena kept one arm around him the entire time, trying to make sure he didn't lose his balance or bump into anything. "But I got through it... I had my family by my side and they helped me with everything until I could do it all on my own... It's what people who care about you do..." Selena turned the two of them around so she could start rinsing herself, but never let him go, "And you've got me now, so please... if you can help it, don't feel so alone, don't feel embarrassed or frustrated... I'll be here for you every single step of the way."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:11 pm

The Reaper knew that Selena was a beautiful woman. She had curves—and nice ones at that. If he were any other man, bathing with her would be a lot more sensual than it was now. But right now, a business proposal would have more personalization than this bath in his view. It was just a bath, right? Right.

One of the first things he noticed was how soft her skin was. He placed a hand on her leg, making sure that he knew it was her. He felt up her shin a little, noticing... she had damn good legs. He had seen them in passing, but he never got a good feel for them. The Reaper soon let go and began cleaning himself.

Dropping the soap was embarrassing, sure, but he was not expecting to get felt up a bit while she was searching for it. He blinked instinctively. Not that he was batting anything from his eyes, but he didn't really expect her to touch the Reaper's scythe. He grabbed the soap from her and finished washing his chest and soon turned to his back. But again, bloop.

He grunted and tried to fiddle around to find it, but thankfully Selena offered to wash his back for him. He hesitated for a moment, and then nodded. He slid forward, she slid backwards, and they got into an interesting position. The Reaper waited as she finished, and she soon offered to go to the shower. He agreed, under the condition she helped keep his balance.

In the shower, the things were... closer. Selena's breasts were up against his back, and damn they were soft. He kept his composure, and she began to wash his hair. It wasn't in the deal, but hey, it felt good. He stood there, listening to her tell a story of her own time going blind. She was... a family person, it seemed. She went blind trying to save her sisters. They did practically a tango in the shower as they rinsed off. "There is a reason you have been inducted into my organization." Was the only thing he said in response to her.

Two weeks, an incident where he slipped while using the bathroom, and a third spilled bowl of stew later, the Reaper woke up cursing the brightness of the sun. He looked out the window and drew the curtains. Wait. He blinked. He looked around. The bland furniture... He could see. "Selena." He pushed her awake. "It's over." He reached across to the nightstand and grabbed his mask. "I can see."
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:41 pm

The past two weeks were very different for Selena than they were for J., which was odd since they were practically inseprable. Selena was stressed, worried, concerned, and holy shit was she tense. And it wasn't the kind of tense that most people think of. How many times had they gotten close to each other? She had to take how many showers with this man? Well, she didn't have to. She did enjoy it, but each time these thoughts rushed through her mind and she used willpower to prevent herself from doing anything. After a while, you just can't keep fighting it and it was getting closer and closer to that point. She had to though. She was here to aid him, nothing more could happen.

It was morning and Selena was still asleep. She always slept with a bra and underwear on; her clothes were too uncomfortable and she didn't own pajamas, so this is what she was stuck with. She felt a shove on her shoulder and opened her eyes. She raised her head and turned over onto her back, since she usually slept on her stomach, and looked up to Reaper. With a loving smile, she wiped her eyes and spoke up, "You okay?" And then he said those words. The first two, 'it's over', took her by surprise and confused her. Those didn't go well with the dream she just woke up from. When he reached over her and grabbed his mask, she understood what he meant and smiled widely.

"I can see." Selena closed her eyes for a moment and then reached over passed where his mask was. She picked up her glasses and put them on, ignoring the pain it caused and then looked back up to him. She sat up and sighed. "I don't care if I get in trouble for this..." she said, shaking her head. Selena smiled again and put her hand on his cheek, another on the hand that was holding his mask so he could not block her. With out a single ounce of hesitation, she leaned forward and placed her lips against his. She leaned further into him for a moment and continued the kiss for a second or two before breaking it. "Don't scare me like that again." she told him and then turned away.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:15 pm

The Reaper had not been expecting that. A kiss was the the last thing he expected from her, but.. it wasn't like it didn't feel good. He actually pushed into it a bit. She had helped him. It was the least he could do. As she tried to get away, the Reaper held onto her wrist. "No. Get your chains ready, and act like you're asleep." Once she was done, the Reaper knocked on the wall in a pattern three times.

A few minutes later, the man they met opened the door to the bedroom. "Need something, boss?" The Reaper's eyes narrowed. "One thing." "Yeah, what's that?" "Your head." He grabbed Selena's hand to signal to grab the guy. Her chains reacted as-planned, and shot out from under the bed.

The iron-bearded man reached to grab a pistol from behind his back, but the chains didn't let him. He hung there, and the Reaper crawled over Selena and stood up. "You did a good job, impersonating Jurgens like that." "What gave it away?" The Reaper bent over and picked up the dropped pistol. "Jurgens doesn't work for me—he never called me boss." And the Reaper slugged the guy with the pistol. The impostor passed out, bleeding from his head. "Selena, throw him into the lake."

The Reaper inspected the pistol and the master bedroom while she disposed of him. He found notes and a sum of gold Jurgens would not have had. Once she returned, the Reaper called her back into the bedroom. He was sitting on the bed. "Your assistance has been appreciated over these long weeks. Is there something I can do to repay you?"
    Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:38 pm

She never hesitated. Not once would she either. If he wanted her to do something, she'd do it, even if it was confusing, frightening, or broke her heart. There were only two things that Selena would never, ever, ever listen to him on. The first was him telling her to harm her family. The second would be harming him. She had become attached enough to Reaper that hurting him was out of the question. It broke her heart seeing him vulnerable and needing help, harming him would destroy her. And through the past two weeks, this is what she realized. She really could not hurt him; he was precious to her. So when he told her to strike, she did. When she was told to dump this bastards body in the lake, she did. She dragged him out their, used some big rocks and rope to weigh him down and bloop.

Selena returned to the cabin, stretching her arms. Once she stepped back in, he called out to her and she went back toward the room. She could only smile, especially when he was able to look at her. The look in her eyes was softer than he'd remember too; she was officially falling for him, not just trying to get him to want her around as a friend, but as his woman. He told her he appreciated her help and her smile grew, but then he offered to repay and it faded. She closed her eyes and thought. What exactly could she even ask from him? Wasn't becoming a member of the Night Nine enough, or was that just him feeling she was a good asset? Since he was offering repayment, Selena came to the conclusion that the membership really was him just wanting her on his side. Mission: Accomplished.

"For the past two weeks, I've helped you eat, walk, and even bathe..." she said with her eyes still closed. She didn't exactly need them anyway. "I've honestly been worried sick that you might end up like me, but without the arcana to compensate..." Selena sighed and raised her head, opening her eyes and looking toward him. She walked over and sat down next to him, picking up her glasses and putting them back on. She had to take them off to attack the guy before. "I was also scared you were going to hit me a few times, excluding the time you decided your crystal should try breaking my nose." she smiled at the memory, giggling about it a bit. She wasn't mad then, nor was she mad now. She just knew it all frustrated him. She was glad he was back to normal though; no more blind Reaper is good.

"And um... I hated it. I didn't hate helping you; all of that was fun and the view was pretty nice at times too, but I hated seeing you in need of help." Selena said, crossing one leg over the other and then looking toward the floor, "The man I knew as strong, independent, and driven was feeling so... lost. Seeing you shake with anger... It broke my heart. I wanted nothing more than to make it better. I wanted to do something, no matter what it was... just something to make it easier on you. I didn't want to treat you like a baby, which is why I did certain things the way I did. I didn't want you to feel helpless, so I stayed by your side. And I wanted you to keep realizing that this wasn't going to last forever. I wouldn't have let it." Selena stopped talking, turned her head away and then sighed.

"Anyways... J." she cleared her throat and took a deep breath, "I learned one thing over the past two weeks. Just one. And that is that there is only one thing that I would ever want from you..." Selena said and turned back toward him with a sweet smile, "And at this point in your life, you're either not willing... or not able to give it, so please... don't offer me anything until you are." She leaned in and placed a light kiss on his cheek. There was a short crack in her voice while she spoke. "I don't think I could handle the heartbreak of being told no..." It was the first time Selena ever felt an actual love toward someone and she assumed that it would never be returned. So the easiest way of dealing with the rejection was by making sure it never happened. If she never asked for his love, he'd never say no.

"So, something tells me the impostor didn't call the people you asked him to call two weeks ago, so... should we take care of that?" Selena stood up, wiping her face while having her back to him. She turned back to him and pulled the glasses off, setting them to the side as she started feeling a headache come on. Two very different types of pressures in her head, one from trying not to cry and the other from her glasses pushing Arcana back, were causing a little too much pain in her head. "Also, is there any place that I can send some money out? My sisters are probably worried sick after not hearing from me for so long and could also probably use a little bit of extra gold in their pockets, so..." she pulled out a bag of her own coin and shook it, "I'd like to get this to them as soon as possible."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:06 pm

Before the imposter came up in conversation, the Reaper had to reply to Selena. She spoke her heart, and it was... well, he wasn't stupid. He knew she wanted him to be her friend. But it seemed... she might want more than that.However, the only women he had been with were either part of undercover work (pun intended) or just for stress relief. And even then, it was only a physical relationship. It wasn't even able to qualify as a relationship. 'Co-workers with benefits' was about the best-sounding term for it.

J. Strigon laid his hand atop Selena's. "Selena. I told you in the beginning that I was not a person destined for friendship. I told you that I had an abyss to walk towards. I explained that, and it did not deter you. I brought you face-first into death—I showed you just how pitiful humans can become. I showed you that those who would abuse great power or be offered the opportunity to should be stopped." He turned towards her.

"And yet you do not question it. It may go against what you once saw, what you once believed... and yet you do not bring it up in an antagonistic manner. You do not try to force ideals upon me, and yet you still uphold your own. And most of all, you did not take advantage of me when I was down and at my weakest. In fact, you did the opposite. Your kind is a rare one, if there are even multiple of you. You stand like a beacon, wanting someone to follow your words."

"For all of that, I still do not bring up the phrase 'friend.' You are a person far too stubborn to be called something like that. There is also the fact that the term 'friend' does not apply to me. But if you wish to call me as such, then I will not contest it. I will count that as repayment. But, I can understand if there are things you do not wish to ask of me. Remember them, and do not let them falter. One day, this path will end at the abyss. Your words may show a way down that is safer than simply leaping into the unknown."

The Reaper stood up, and began to dress himself. "No, he did contact them. They will be here in one month. So will the ambush party. I will send word to the shadow of our organization to inform them of this development. In the meantime, you can send coinage back via the main road. There is a parcel delivery route, and they travel to Arbas, so it would most likely have a way to where you wish it to go."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:57 pm

"I can see." Three words that she couldn't have been happier to hear. These three words were followed by a kiss, one that meant a hell of a lot more to her than the man she gave it to. Stubborn bastard, but it was her fault. She knew what she was getting into from the beginning, but she foolishly thought that she could show him what it meant to be cared for and what it meant to have somebody watch your back. She had learned to care for him and watched his back, but beyond that, she had learned to love him. It was probably one of the dumbest things she could have done and she was hating herself for it. It was like she had set herself up for heartbreak and even did it knowingly.

Day four after J's recuperation and Selena wasn't feeling any better. She needed something to occupy her mind. She had actually been avoiding J recently, keeping conversations short and even slept on the floor instead of right next to him. She had to deal with her own mind somehow, and her way of dealing with pain was distancing herself from it. When day four came, though, Selena decided that there was something she wanted to do. "Training. I don't want that shit happening again, so I want to train you how to fight without relying on sight." It wasn't too hard to convince him, so once he agreed, they started that afternoon; he was going to have to get used to using her blindfold.

During their training, she put her glasses on. If she hadn't, she'd naturally see with her Arcana anyways. At least with this, she could actually train him and remember how it was to fight blind as well. Lesson one: listen. The slightest sounds always mean something. From clothes rubbing against each other, the stretching of muscle, the sound of breathing, and the most important was the movement of air. Selena explained to him that it was almost like creating a sixth sense. He had to feel and understand what was normal and then realize when that normalcy ended. Every now and then, she'd toss a sack of something his way: coins, rocks, cotton, or paper, for him to dodge.

It was fun hitting him with rocks every now and then. It was a cute away of getting her revenge, but also getting the point across. Once he was able to hear everything and zone in on certain sounds, Selena explained that they'd move to moving while blind, not just standing there and dodging. Unfortunately, this was going to take a while, but it did give them something to do. After a few hours of training, about thirty minutes before the sun was going down, a certain someone had to take a break. Selena went over to the river and sat down. She took off her shoes and set her feet in the cool water to relax a bit. It had been a long time since she had done any training, let alone teach.

She kicked the water about a bit and began to relax, so she stretched herself by raising her arms and stretching her back. Unfortunately, she gave her current stalkers the perfect point of target. She heard a strange click, but saw nothing. Suddenly, this overwhelming rush of pain shot through her entire torso. She could hear the crack and felt her rib re-break. This strange four pronged hook slammed into her body, sending her flying backwards and wrapping around her torso, under her arms. Like a fish caught on a hook, she was suddenly pulled when the attached chain began retracting and dragging her along the shore toward a small boat that had not been there five minutes ago. The hit was strong enough to completely take her breath away; Selena didn't even get a chance to scream or fight back.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:20 pm

The Reaper had no intention of ever getting stoned. But hell if Selena wanted to hit him with the hard stuff from the get-go. And she had good eyes for it too. But unfortunately, it wasn't some drug. Well, there was one person who would crush these rocks and snort them... But fortunately, Pedro Lovins was nowhere in sight.

The Reaper had made himself a protective cup over his skulls, so he wouldn't get hurt too much if those stones hit his stones. But rocks weren't all that was being thrown at him. He'd feel lighter things, such as cotton or paper, but rocks were what he wanted to dodge the most. He was already amassing a large amount of bruises. With the blindfold and mask, he looked like some bondage posterboy.

But the point of the training was to get him to listen to things. Cotton was the hardest to hear, but he could hear Selena's clothing as her arms had to put more effort into throwing it. The rocks he could hear clacking against one another, and the same with the coins. Paper at least was carried by the wind, which allowed him to hear the bags blow around. But standing still and getting pelted was just the beginning. He soon had to move and dodge.

No problem.

The Reaper had a bit of a hard time at first, but it was quickly coming to him. What he had to do was block out his own sounds. Once he did that, hearing the sounds caused by his attacker was simple. But blocking out one's own sounds was just easy in theory. Truthfully, it was much harder than it looked. Or sounded, in this case. He was getting a bit of a hang of it when he had to take a bathroom break. He stepped inside to make sure that Selena didn't get any wise ideas.

But as he stepped out, the Reaper heard splashing. He looked out across the lake and saw... Selena being dragged away. No. He couldn't let that happen. Selena was someone he could rely on. Someone he could, in anyone else's words, trust. The Reaper, still shirtless, ran. He formed a crystalline spear in his hands and did his best Ahab impression.

The difference was he wasn't the one on the boat. They were. The Reaper slung the spear over the shore, quickly forming another in his hand as he continued running. The first spear hit the boat, impaling the side hard. The second, as he continued after Selena, slid into one of the men not towing her in.

The third was a dead-hit on the guy holding the contraption carrying her. The Reaper jumped over Selena and continued on the shore until he jumped next to the boat. He hung onto the side briefly, catching his breath with two controlled exhales. He pulled himself over, bringing himself face-to-face with the last one.

The last one tried to pull out a knife, but the Reaper grabbed the man's hand. With a strong twist, the man's hand went limp. The Reaper knocked the man over, but not overboard. He knelt down and pushed his head into the water. He let the man's head sit in the water for a few seconds, then pulled it up. "Who sent you?"

"Fuck off." And back into the water. He put the time in the water at ten seconds. "Who sent you?" "You deaf? Fuck off." And ten seconds in the water. "Who sent you?" Twenty seconds. "You... you won't get it from me..." Forty seconds. "Okay, okay! Philip Arderne... He sent us..." "Thank you." And then, the Reaper filled the man's mouth with his crystals before pushing him overboard. The man sank and would not resurface.

A few seconds later, the Reaper was beside Selena. He looked at the hook and saw it digging into her skin. He'd have to act quickly to remove it. He didn't have time to learn the device, so there was only one way to do this. "I need to roll you over." The Reaper carefully rolled Selena onto her side, specifically the one where her ribs had not been broken before. He had remembered that, and did not want to cause her any pain. The latching mechanism was simple, but strong.

After studying it for a few seconds, he inhaled. He formed a crystal piton and then a crude hammer. It took him a minute, but he hammered the hinges of the arms to break. Specifically, the springs that held the arms in place. Once there was only one left, he just slid Selena out. Little did he know that the arm that was left would rub against her broken ribs. Seeing her jolt in pain, he ran her inside. He placed her on the bed in the master bedroom and soon searched through the house to find... pain medication. Once he found it, he quickly half-filled the nearest glass with water and returned to her, handing the water and pills over. "This might tide you over. I am no doctor, as you know, but tell me where you are injured. If you know the extent of your injuries as well, it would assist me in treating you."

Serenity
    Serenity
    The Much-More-Fun Admin

Post by Serenity Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:01 pm

The pain was nothing less than brutal. Selena's body created a dirt trail as she was dragged along the ground. She struggled against the pull, but this metal grip seemed to tighten and it hurt her more. Within moments, her eyes caught the quick glimpse of Reaper jumping over her. Finally, she was no longer being dragged through the dirt. Half of her hair lay in the water of the lake as she struggled against the claw that had itself wrapped around her torso, digging into the skin as it crushed her ribs back into their previously broken state. Selena panicked, kicking her legs to try and loosen the grasp. She grabbed onto the metal, using whatever strength she had left to attempt to pry this constructs talons from her body. With each try, she failed and it seemed to tighten around her even more.

It was tightening, but not in the manner one would think. No. It was squeezing her, crushing her in it's hold. She didn't even hear Reaper's interrogation. She didn't look to him. She tried to call out for him, but the lack of air and zero room for her lungs to expand was preventing that one hope. By the time Reaper got to her, Selena's eyes were wide and dilated in panic. He could hear the short gasps, her lungs desperately trying to pull in the smallest amount of air, but not an inch of progress was made toward her being able to breathe. She was suffocating. She barely heard his words, but could not move herself. Her mind began to fade. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head until they closed and her head fell to the side. Her body fell limp as he was turning her over and she fully passed out.

Selena did not know the minute that passed her by as Reaper removed the three talons that this metal claw had holding her in place. The only thing she knew was her bodies sudden intake of air. That precious breath brought her back to life, her back arching upwards as her chest raised. She tried regaining her composure, but she was being dragged out of the claw. Pain. A heavy pain shot over her like a wave overtook the shore, as her ribs brushed against the remaining metal. She took in a deep breath to fight screaming when that happened, but when Reaper picked her up to take her in, that pain only intensified. Her body tensed, her jaw clenched, a tear fell from her eyes, and she grabbed onto his shirt with both hands and screamed into his shoulder. Her body was shaking at this point.

Inside of the cabin, she was laid down and the pain kept making her lose her breath. Now that she was still, laying comfortably on the bed, she tried concentrating on her breathing. As he left the room to find the pain medication, Selena grabbed onto the mattress below and squeezed it so tightly that she was hurting her hands and shaking even worse. He returned with pain pills and some water and tried handing them to her. She gave a momentary glare, but that changed to an almost defeated sigh. "J... I can barely move..." she said in a breathy and pained voice. He nodded and helped her take the pills and it quickly became obvious that swallowing was painful as hell. She didn't yell out this time, but she completely froze until the pain calmed and then she could lay into the pillow.

"This might tide you over. I am no doctor, as you know, but tell me where you are injured. If you know the extent of your injuries as well, it would assist me in treating you." Selena's eyes darted from side to side as she tried as hard as she could to figure out where the pain was. She just shook her head over and over again before finally taking a deep breath. "My ribs... I don't know anything beyond my ribs..." Selena was crying and she was not even attempting to hide it. She just kept shaking her head, sniffling, and clenching her jaw together. Not once did her hands release the mattress either. "I don't think I've ever been in this much pain..." she said through one of her sobs and half-turned her head toward him, "Who the fuck were they? And I do hope they're not longer among the living."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    The Not-as-Fun Admin

Post by Tsubine Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:30 pm

Truth be told, Selena was stronger than this. Or maybe her strength was what she was showing. She clenched onto his shirt while he walked, and clenched harder onto the mattress. She wasn't yelling at him in tongues, nor was she bitching at him. And better (or worse) yet, she was still awake. She was tough enough to have her ribs in horrible condition and still be awake. She was a trooper.

The Reaper didn't know exactly what to do when it came to her ribs, but he'd at least have a starting point when it came to researching how to handle it. She may have re-broken them, and that's what his mind was thinking. Well, besides the fact that she was damn strong. "If you need to scream, feel free. We're far enough away from the main road that you won't have to worry about passersby. It's a... bonus as to why this is one of Night Nine's safehouses."

"And those men said they were send by a Philip Arderne. I do not know what you have done to this Philip Arderne, but I will assist you in getting due vengance." In other words, send this message to Philip: Buckle Up, Buttercup. The Reaper pulled one of the chairs up beside the bed. "If you'd like, I can find some sedatives. This place is supposed to be able to operate as an emergency hospital. It won't be fully equipped, but it suffices."

The Reaper wasn't one to care too much about a subordinate. But Selena was slightly different. He could rely on her not to gut him while he was asleep or otherwise incapacitated. That was loyalty he could respect. It wasn't the blind "I'LL FOLLOW YOU" she showed. It wasn't that at all. This was something... he hadn't experienced before. And he didn't quite know what to make of it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:42 am